Simpsons 2E Excel Character Generator

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Zaqaz
Bystander
Bystander

Simpsons 2E Excel Character Generator

Postby Zaqaz » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm not entirely sure that this goes here, but it is a tool for creating characters, so I shouldn't be too far off.

I can't seem to find this anywhere. I've found websites, including this one, that rave about its usefulness, but then I follow links that should get me to it and they're dead ends. Does anyone have a working link to a download of the most recent version of this character generator? Would you be so kind as to post said link?

Thank you.

charlieluce
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: Simpsons 2E Excel Character Generator

Postby charlieluce » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 am

The official online home is the Yahoo Group.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Or, as seen in the Links section, the Westguard site has the OpenOffice versions.

Zaqaz
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zaqaz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks for the links, everyone.

Now, I've looked at both the Excel and the Open Office character generators, and there are some pretty big differences. The Open Office version looks to have more options, but I can't really be too sure about that.

Which do we prefer, in general?

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 pm

OpenOffice is the more current one. Long story short, the two were always developed in parallel and currently only the OpenOffice one is being updated.

Personally, I typically used the OO one. I used Excel at work due to a lack of OpenOffice. Admittedly, I don't really actively use either anymore because my primary software is Hero Lab and I don't work at that one office anymore.

Zaqaz
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zaqaz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:52 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:OpenOffice is the more current one. Long story short, the two were always developed in parallel and currently only the OpenOffice one is being updated.

Really? I'm surprised. I believe that the Simpsons one was recently updated a few months ago.

But if the OpenOffice one is the more up-to-date... I suppose I should go with that.

The Excel version of the OpenOffice character generator doesn't have any problems, does it?

Zaqaz
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zaqaz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Sorry for the bump, but it's been a while and my last question was never answered.

I hope this isn't bad form.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:51 pm

I honestly can't say if it currently does not as I no longer have Excel on my machine. The last version I had didn't auto-calculate properly, but I think they've probably fixed it since then.

Return to “Roll Call”