OUBLIETTE (Original 2E Builds)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#263: The Amazing Presto!

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:17 am

PRESTO (Power Level 6)

Height / Weight: 5’6” / 136 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Brown
Place of Birth: Unrevealed (assumed France)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #35

Physical Appearance: Presto is a lithe man in his mid-thirties who typically appears garbed in a tuxedo with a top hat and white gloves. He wears a pencil mustache.

Biography: Little is known of Presto’s origins. Even if he was forthcoming with the information, few would understand him.

What is known is that Presto is in possession of a pair of gloves that imbue him with the ability to wield arcana. Unlike other mages, Presto does not have to utter an incantation or make any gestures: he simply wills the strange effects to emanate from him and they do.

It seems that Presto is ruled by two desires: he yearns for fame and fortune. Presto, who many conjecture to be a failed stage magician, commits magical muggings. He appears in a populated area, demanding his audiences belongings, and in return, terrifies them with a display of his power.

NEW VINDICATORS: para bellum—After giving five students a crash course in arcana, the Aurelius teleported Fey, the Rhino, Kitten, the Damned and Breeze to the scene of Presto’s latest robbery. Though there were a few hiccups in their plan, the teenage magi were able to overcome the magician.

NEW VINDICATORS: quaere verum—It is unknown under what circumstances Presto escaped (or how his gloves were restored following the Damned’s lighting them on fire) but he appeared a year later in Vienna, where he used his magic to interrupt a peaceful day at the Wurstelprater. Greystone happened upon him after he had sawed a young woman in half and easily defeated him.
  • STR 10, DEX 15 (+2), CON 12 (+1), INT 13 (+1), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 8 (-1)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Concentration 4 (+6), Knowledge (arcane lore) 4 (+5), Language 0 (French), Perform (prestidigitation) 6 (+5), Sleight of Hand 5 (+7)

FEATS: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Focus 4 (ranged), Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 4, Evasion 1, Fascinate 1 (Perform [prestidigitation]), Set-up

POWERS: Device 5 (Magician’s Gloves; hard to lose; Power Feats: Indestructible, Restricted)

Magician’s Gloves: Magic 8 (Dimensional Pocket 8 [nothing up my sleeves]; Alternate Powers: Anatomic Separation 4 [Extras: Attack {+1}, Variable Split {+1}]; Blast 8 [52 card pick-up], Deflect 7 [bullets to birds; slow and fast projectiles], Snare 8 [multicolored handkerchiefs], Teleport 8 [puff of smoke], Transform 5 [people to bunny rabbits])—22 points

COMBAT: Attack +0 (+4 ranged), Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +4 (+0 flat-footed), Knockback -4, Initiative +2

SAVES: Toughness +5 (+1 flat-footed), Fortitude +3, Reflex +8, Will +4

Abilities 12 + Skills 7 (24 ranks) + Feats 16 + Powers 22 + Combat 0 + Saves 8 = 65 points
Michuru81 wrote:If memory serves me, Presto came about as the result of a conversation I had with smashed247 years back, in which case I'm placing the blame for this on him. :-p

I'm of the opinion that not every villain should be the sort to kidnap your girlfriend, murder your dog, shoot your parents into space and urinate on your baby blanket. Not every villain should have the power to blow up planets by blinking. Not every villain should make the hero wonder why they even bother... and that's where Presto comes in...

Presto is not meant to get in more than one blow (if he's lucky). He's the guy the PCs always triumph over--the one they can feel good about themselves for. Everyone needs a win and without one, a hero may doubt themselves. Presto is the guy who restores a little confidence and proves the heroes aren't as incompetent as they feel when their world-devouring foe has kicked them to the curb for the fifth time this week.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #262: Elfriede

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Michuru81 wrote:ELFRIEDE (Power Level 0)

Relationships: Alexander “Lex” Murphy / Current (hero), Jack Rexroth / Greystone (crush)

COMPLICATIONS: Unlucky, Obsession

It's these two things that really make me somewhat, kinda, sortta nervous about her......but in a strangely can't wait to watch it happen sort of way. :roll: I have issues......
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Tattooedman wrote:

Relationships: Alexander “Lex” Murphy / Current (hero), Jack Rexroth / Greystone (crush)

It's these two things that really make me somewhat, kinda, sortta nervous about her......but in a strangely can't wait to watch it happen sort of way. :roll: I have issues......
My goal is not to turn her into a cliche: Elfriede won't be turning up in a fridge anytime soon (Alina's taking up all the room) but she may become villain bait... just not in the way you'd think. Part of the joy of Elfriede is that she has met several super-villains. She has an unfortunate talent for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Then again, so does a character in my tabletop game, but he actually has the Troubleseeker power...

Just remember who wanted a love interest. :-p

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Michuru81 wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:

My goal is not to turn her into a cliche: Elfriede won't be turning up in a fridge anytime soon (Alina's taking up all the room) but she may become villain bait... just not in the way you'd think. Part of the joy of Elfriede is that she has met several super-villains. She has an unfortunate talent for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Then again, so does a character in my tabletop game, but he actually has the Troubleseeker power...

Just remember who wanted a love interest. :-p
Oh I knew that when I talked to you about it it would be a case of being careful what you ask for, but you've basically just confirmed what I was thinking already. :wink: This should be fun. :mrgreen:
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Michuru81 wrote:My goal is not to turn her into a cliche: Elfriede won't be turning up in a fridge anytime soon (Alina's taking up all the room)
:cry:
Michuru81 wrote:Just remember who wanted a love interest. :-p
And try to keep her away from Emily or she'll end up in the fridge with Alina

:cry:

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Lacuna, Elfriede, Presto

Post by Horsenhero » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:46 pm

I blame Gwen Stacey. Until her death in Spider-man, heroes girlfriends were made to last. The got in more trouble than Penelope Pitstop, but, they were durable. One crazy green guy with a purple costume, one ill-fated do-gooder and one unfortunate *snap* of the spine changed all that.

Of course, Elfriede herself sounds like she could be juuuuusst a little loco herself. She looks like oodles o' fun.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#264: Trauma

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:40 pm

TRAUMA (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’9” / 152 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Blue
Place of Birth: Bivange, Luxembourg (July 2, 1988)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #13

Physical Description: Trauma is a very plain-looking young man who’s long hair is typically parted and hangs just under his jaw. He is seldom seen outside of his priest’s habit.

Biography: Kyle Lowman was born in the minute village of Bivange, in Luxembourge’s southern commune, Roeser. There, he lived with his parents, Hugo and Sascha Lowman. Kyle became the eldest of four children, with Camille, Henri and Marc following him. The Lowmans lived modestly but happily… until the day Kyle’s abilities manifested.

When Kyle was 12-years-old, he became the target of bullies. His father encouraged him to turn the upper cheek—to ignore their taunts and jeers. Kyle tried, but one day it became too much. He wanted them to know the same sort of hurt he had inflicted and like that, one of the boys collapsed, crying out in pain.

The boy had broken his leg when he was ten and suddenly he remembered the pain of it. It took a few more tries for Kyle to discern that he was the cause of the pain—he could will his tormentors to relive old anguish.

Unsure what to do with the Esper, the Lowmans enrolled him in the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

NEW VINDICATORS: sic simper tyrannis—After graduating from the school in 2007, Trauma was selected to lead a squad during the Trials. For his team, he selected Charity and Chastity Bennett and Triskelion.

In the first round of the Trials, Trauma used his abilities to cripple Frostbite and Tripper. Doing so seemed to benefit them, however: when Loess turned back to help Frostbite, she had done exactly what the proctor was testing.

In the fourth Trial, Trauma and Triskelion encountered Sclera and Cabal and were both nearly killed by the martial artist. Only Cabal’s talking sense into the Bengali spared the Europeans.
After his team was eliminated from the Trials, Kyle returned to his home village and entered the priesthood.

NEW VINDICATORS: quaere verum—Laputa abducted Kyle from the rectory where he abided. After planting one of Lacuna’s mental seeds in his head, they placed him in one of their transport pods and deliberately crashed it into London. He was pulled out of the wreckage and given over to MI6, who called upon the youth’s alma mater for answers.

The school dispatched a team of seniors. Led by Sidra, Diamond Dust and Warder accompanied the newest student, Catalyst to London where the Esper joined Agent Zachary Troxel in his investigation.

Hearing Catalyst’s name became the trigger for Kyle’s transformation: Lacuna took over his body, gave his communication, and left the young priest with no recollection of what had happened. Soon after, MI6 released him back to his order.
  • STR 10, DEX 10, CON 10, INT 11, WIS 15 (+2), CHA 10

SKILLS: Concentration 4 (+6), Diplomacy 4, Knowledge (theology and philosophy) 5, Languages 3 (English, French, German, Luxembourgish [base]), Profession (priest) 4 (+6), Sense Motive 4 (+6)

FEATS: Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 1, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Illusion 8 (all senses; Extras: Linked [Pain, +0]; Flaws: Limited [Painful Imagery, -1], Limited to One Subject [-1], Phantasms [-1]), Pain 8 (Extras: Linked [Pain, +0])

Equipment: 5 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +4, Grapple +4, Damage +0, Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -1 (-0 flat-footed), Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +2 (+0 flat-footed), Fortitude +2, Reflex +2, Will +8

Abilities 6 + Skills 6 (24 ranks) + Feats 4 + Powers 48 + Combat 16 + Saves 10 = 90 points
Michuru81 wrote:A while ago, I commented on how the PBP game was breathing new life into old characters. While Trauma is certainly scheduled for a little more spotlight soon (anyone else notice that Lacuna's other puppet was Trauma's teammate?), the fact is forcing myself to actually write the background has given me ideas for things to insert into the narrative when I get around to editing this period. While it's said in the narrative that Charity and Chastity are disqualified when their teammates lose their flag to Sclera, it dawned on me that this means Trauma would have fought Sclera and Sclera's mind set was "if you can't kill me, I should kill you." Like that, I have the inspiration to insert a chapter that will help set up the whole "this guy is batcrap crazy" notion.

As for Trauma's build itself... there's a few things my players may be keen to notice about the perception: Kyle's powers are perception-based, meaning that the fact that he didn't put the whammy on the MI6 guys shows he's a good guy. Additionally, that his powers are mental in nature may help explain why MI6 called upon some high school kids for help: Catalyst should have no trouble with him, should he decide to start using his powers.

Fun fact though: a few builds back we looked at Lacuna and his limitations... Since Trauma's powers are mental in nature, Lacuna gets to rearrange those points. Essentially, if he's controlling Trauma, he's going to be closer to his base form than if her were controlling, say, Basilisk.

As for the rank of equipment but no equipment? Trauma would have once had a New Vindicators uniform. He doesn't have much use for it in his career though...

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#265: Noesis

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:58 pm

NOESIS (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’10” / 120 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Green
Place of Birth: Račak, Kosovo (January 15, 1989 – May 27, 2005)
First Appearance: New Vindicators Annual #2

Physical Description: Noesis is an lithe young woman with long, thin arms and legs. Her wears her blonde hair long.

Relationships: Corey Ander / Quintessence (boyfriend), Felicity Tyler / Terpsichore (roommate)

Biography: Prende Kreshnikëve’s abilities manifested on her tenth birthday, a day historians would remember as the Račak Massacre. She blew out her candles to the sound of gunfire and became the lone survivor of her family.

In her attempts to flee the nightmare, she climbed into a jeep. As she stared helplessly at the pedals and steering column, she suddenly found herself able to understand how the machine operated.

Eventually, the orphaned girl was enrolled at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe where she would meet the two most important men in her life: Corey Ander and Dominique Infinity.

Corey was sweet and caring. Dominique was lurid and conceited. When Corey asked Prende out, the sophomore said yes. When Dominique invited her to his bed, she politely turned him down. Spurning his advances only bolstered the Italian’s desire and over the course of their second year at the school, a plan developed…

Dominique forced himself onto the girl and then used one of their classmates—Kylie Garrett—to remove the memory of the rape from Prende’s mind. Planting evidence to cause her powers to fill in the mental gaps, Dominique allowed the Albanian girl to believe that she had given herself to him in a drunken haze.

When Corey learned of their apparent love-making, he broke things off with her. With him unwilling to listen to reason, the girl found herself facing the loneliness she had on her tenth birthday. She climbed to the roof of the school and jumped, taking her life.
  • STR 10, DEX 10, CON 10, INT 15 (+2), WIS 10 [36] (+13), CHA 13 (+1)

SKILLS: Knowledge (theology and philosophy) 4 (+6), Languages 0 (Albanian [base]), Notice 4 (+17), Sense Motive 4 (+17)

FEATS: Attractive 1, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 2, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Comprehend 5 (Animals [comprehend], Codes, Languages [speak, understand, read], Enhanced Feats 3 (Assessment, Fearless, Jack-of-all-Trades), Enhanced Wisdom 26, Reflex Memory 4 (Extras: Feats [+1]), Super-Senses 2 (Enhanced Senses: Analytical Detect Mood; Additional Senses: Detect Mood [sight and sound])

Equipment: cell phone, comm link, New Vindicators uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and hot conditions])—4 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +2, Grapple +2, Damage +0, Defense +2 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -2 (-1 flat-footed), Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +4 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +2, Reflex +2, Will +13

Abilities 8 + Skills 3 (12 ranks) + Feats 6 + Powers 71 + Combat 8 + Saves 4 = 100 points
Michuru81 wrote:Prende is one of those character that sounds fantastic on paper but... in-game? It's hard to explain... The description of her powers is simple: she looks at something and understands it. This means she knows how to operate, fix, take apart almost any mechanical device (a liberal Reflex Memory, where she wouldn't have to see how the skill used). A lot of what she would use are Dex- or Int-based skills so... this ability lets her tackle those.

An acquaintance of mine from college is majoring in linguistics. He describes languages as a type of code: it's a matter of figuring out the most repeated symbol or sound and slowly the mystery of the language unravels. Using that idea, Prende has ranks of Comprehend. Similar to how she can read a person's body language to find out what they're thinking, she can look at animals and know what they're trying to communicate.

Lastly, she has some points left over for any ideas that come to me. If anyone has any suggestions for other tricks she could pull off, I'm all ears.

You know, because it matters so much, her being dead and all...

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

UC #26: Keepsie

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:38 pm

KEEPSIE (Power Level 10)

STR 10, DEX 10, CON 10, INT 13 (+1), WIS 10, CHA 15 (+2)

SKILLS: Diplomacy 3 (+5), Gather Information 3 (+5), Knowledge (popular culture) 5 (+6), Profession (bar owner) 5

FEATS: Contacts, Connected, Equipment 1, Inspire 2, Leadership, Teamwork 1, Well-Informed

POWERS: Features 1 (anything that belongs to Keepsie cannot be stolen), Regeneration 19 (Recovery Bonus 9, Recovery Rate 10 [Resurrection: No Action]), Snare 10 (Power Feats: Reversible, Subtle, Tether, Triggered [“Swiper, no swiping!”]; Extras: Action [Reaction, +3], Alternate Save [Will, +0], Duration [Continuous, +3], Range [Perception, +1], Transparent [+1])

Equipment: Keepsie’s Bar

COMBAT: Attack +0, Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +0, Knockback -0, Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +0, Fortitude +2, Reflex +2, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS: Responsibility (Bar Patrons), Rivalry (The Academy)

Abilities 8 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 124 + Combat 0 + Saves 11 = 155 points
Michuru81 wrote:The cast of Mur Lafferty's superhero satire Playing for Keeps is headed up by Keepsie, a Third Waver with the power to render all of her possessions un-stealable. We're told that Third Wavers have crappy powers but... Keepsie's is pretty sweet to being with. She has no need to lock her doors: when people attempt to take anything that belongs to her, they're suspended in stasis, unable to move from the spot until she releases them.

When Keepsie and the patrons of her bar find themselves sucked into a war between Seventh City's heroes and the badly-named villains, Keepsie discovers that there's more to her powers than she realized. Her ability makes it so that no one can consciously take anything from her: including her life. Keepsie is pretty much immortal. A slash from a katana leaves a bruise, but Keepsie lives. Jet of flames burns her, but she lives. Keepsie can get hurt... but she can't be killed. Plus, anyone attempting to kill her ends up in the stasis as... well, they're trying to take what doesn't belong to them.

By the book's end, Keepsie's pulling out tricks that are either A) ridiculous, B) more suited for a power stunt, or C) all of the above. Keepsie discovers she can evoke her stasis powers at will by telling herself that so-and-so once ate at her bar. Her bar, her food. Well, logically... the guy would have paid for it so... it became his. If her power defies logic, Keepsie should now be able to just hit anyone with her whammy. Keepsie also shows herself capable of hitting everyone with an area effect of her snare because they're breathing the air around her--her air.

Still, the notion of a hero you can't steal from is kind of a novel one and handled well in the early chapters--enough so that it inspired a build.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Trauma, Noesis, Keepsie

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Nice stuff, Mich! I really like Noesis-its an interesting idea for a power-set, and you executed it really well.
And as for her being dead and all-well, there's no reason you can't follow suit with Marvel and DC and bring back a bunch of dead characters.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Nice stuff, Mich! I really like Noesis-its an interesting idea for a power-set, and you executed it really well.
And as for her being dead and all-well, there's no reason you can't follow suit with Marvel and DC and bring back a bunch of dead characters.
I toyed with the idea of brining back a character--Taegan--but it felt sort of weird... Aside from Apocatastasis resurrecting Loess and the Loder men and Bri--I mean... Someone else... I'm trying to keep the world at a "dead is dead" state.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Certainly a good idea-in my mind, its always better to do a 'you only thought I was dead' than actually being dead and than coming back to life. In the Silver Age of comics, it happened all the time-a villain's base would explode, and it would certainly seem unlikely for them to survive, but then they'd come back.

Which is something I like about Presto-you don't really need to explain how he escaped his imprisonment or how his gloves were back to normal (although that's easier to buy if they're truly magical), because it just feels good to see him again getting K.O.ed by Jack.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Certainly a good idea-in my mind, its always better to do a 'you only thought' I was dead' than actually being dead and than coming back to life. In the Silver Age of comics, it happened all the time-a villain's base would explode, and it would certainly seem unlikely for them to survive, but then they'd come back.

Which is something I like about Presto-you don't really need to explain how he escaped his imprisonment or how his gloves were back to normal (although that's easier to buy if they're truly magical), because it just feels good to see him again getting K.O.ed by Jack.
It's just... Okay, I read X-Men. Everyone knows that by now. Recently, they killed Nightcrawler. Kurt's one of my favorite characters but... I didn't really care. I know that a new writer will come in at some point and write in that that wasn't Kurt but someone with an image inducer. Maybe it was Mystique? She read one of Destiny's diaries and knew that he was going to die so she knocked him out and went in his place.

There are a million and one idiot explanations for how to hand-wave Kurt's death. Half of them we've heard before. Thing is, what should be a major plot point is handled so poorly because we are desensitized towards character death, due to the fact that we know no one stays dead long.

By keeping my world pure of those 'back from the dead' moments, there's more weight when a character dies. Let's say I decided to let Deimos kill Lodestone. You know that this means the end of the road for that character. It makes the death scene have purpose when you don't expect them to be back up in no time.

As for Presto's gloves, I've been debating with buying them a feature to make them sentient. Indestructable? Check. Sentient? You take them away from him and they'll sneak back to him. Makes for much more fun... Only way to have more fun with him is to let him team up with Suicide Dave...

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#266: Charybdis

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:33 pm

CHARYBDIS (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’10” / 163 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / Green
Place of Birth: Volos, Greece (December 10, 1988)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #13

Physical Description: Charybdis is a physically fit man who typically appears somber. What most mistake for sullen moodiness is, in fact, Charybdis suppressing his uncontrollable abilities.

Relationships: Kylie Garrett / Amnesia (girlfriend)

NEW VINDICATORS: sic simper tyrannis—After graduating from the New Vindicators Academy of Europe in 2007, Charybdis was chosen to lead a team through the Trials. Ultimately, the man selected his girlfriend, Amnesia, and the Norse twins Pillage and Plunder.

In the First Trial, Charybdis attempted to use his ability to detain the opposition. When he turned his power on Cabal, however, the Chinese girl delivered a punch to his ribs that incapacitated him.

During the Fourth Trial, Charybdis divided the team and set out with Amnesia. The youth used his power to fish, pulling up their dinner and then releasing it onto the land. When competition arrived, Charybdis was able to draw them into his vortex and absconded two additional flags in this manner.

With the Trial’s end in sight, the pair found themselves targeted by Rumble and Brass. The pair lacked a flag and asked if the lovers would share one of the three they possessed. Charybdis and Amnesia opted to fight the duo instead and for their troubles, Brass knocked Charybdis unconscious with a flag. Before Amnesia could raise him, the two encountered Excalibur and Stonehenge—two members of Hubris’ team. Seeking to eliminate as many teams as possible, the pair incapacitated Amnesia before absconding with the couple’s remaining two flags.

Since their elimination, Charybdis moved to Denmark with his girlfriend where he is employed as a mechanic.
  • STR 14 (+2), DEX 14 (+2), CON 14 (+2), INT 13 (+1), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 10

SKILLS: Craft (mechanical) 6 (+7), Drive 5 (+7), Knowledge (tactics) 4 (+5), Languages 3 (English, German, Greek [base], GSL), Notice 4 (+6), Profession (mechanic) 6 (+8), Sense Motive 4 (+6)

FEATS: Assessment, Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 3, Leadership, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Dimensional Pocket 8 (Power Feats: Progression 8, Triggered [opening his mouth]; Flaws: Uncontrolled [-1]; Drawbacks: Disability [mute, -4 points]), Move Object 8 (Power Feats: Triggered; Extras: Area [Cone, +1], Duration [Continuous, +1], Linked [Dimensional Pocket and Suffocate, +0]; Flaws: Limited Direction [Towards Charybdis, -1], Range [Touch, -1], Uncontrolled [-1]), Suffocate 8 (Power Feats: Triggered; Extras: Area [Cone, +1], Duration [Continuous, +2], Linked [Dimension Pocket and Move Object, +0]; Flaws: Uncontrolled [-1])

Equipment: cell phone, communicator link, New Vindicators uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat]), tow truck

COMBAT: Attack +4, Grapple +6, Damage +2, Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -4 (-2 flat-footed), Initiative +2

SAVES: Toughness +8 (+4 flat-footed), Fortitude +6, Reflex +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien)

Abilities 19 + Skills 8 (32 ranks) + Feats 10 + Powers 55 + Combat 16 + Saves 12 = 120 points
Michuru81 wrote:Charybdis is simply: he opens his mouth and begins to suck everything towards him. Characters can try to brace themselves against being drawn in and once they've reached the point of the cone they get pulled into his dimensional maw.

At least, I think it all works like that. I had considered running everything as permanent but... I think uncontrolled fits better. I also considered making his powers a reaction (given that he only needs to open his mouth to set it all off) but that's kind of broken and very costly.

Now, to find a way to revive the character in the PBP game...

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#267: Savateuse

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:41 pm

SAVATEUSE (Power Level 6)

Height / Weight: 5’8” / 110 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Blue
Place of Birth: Paris, France
First Appearance: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #5

Physical Description: Savateuse normally wears a black jumpsuit with a muffler that streams behind her like a scarf. She keeps her dark hair cut short in a finger wave.

Biography: Little is known about the cat burglar’s past.

NEW VINDICATORS: quaere verum—While taking in the sights at the Hofburg Palace, Candyman and Ursa encountered Savateuse stealing a papyrus scroll. The woman vaulted through the ceiling and to the roof where the New Vindicators pursued. After retrieving the scroll, Ursa released the woman who bounded her way to freedom.
  • STR 10, DEX 18 (+4), CON 12 (+1), INT 12 (+1), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 10

SKILLS: Bluff 6 (+10 attractive), Disable Device 4 (+5), Drive 4 (+8), Escape Artist 4 (+8), Gather Information 4, Knowledge (current events) 5 (+6), Language 3 (English, French [base], German, Russian), Notice 4 (+5), Search 4 (+5), Sense Motive 6 (+7), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10)

FEATS: All-out Attack, Attack Focus 4 (melee), Attractive 1, Contacts, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 4, Elusive Target, Equipment 3, Evasion 1, Improved Block 1, Improved Critical 1 (kick), Improved Initiative 2, Instant Up, Power Attack, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack 1, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS: Leaping 6, Strike 6 (Extras: Penetrating [+1]; Drawbacks: Power Loss [when unable to kick, -1 point])

Equipment: cell phone, laptop, motorcycle, smoke grenade

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+6 melee), Grapple +6, Damage +0 (+6 kick) Defense +6 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -3 (-0 flat-footed), Initiative +13

SAVES: Toughness +6 (+1 flat-footed), Fortitude +3, Reflex +9, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien)

Abilities 14 + Skills 14 (56 ranks) + Feats 28 + Powers 17 + Combat 8 + Saves 9 = 90 points
Michuru81 wrote:If Batroc the Leaper and Catwoman got together and had a baby, it would be Savateuse. She fulfills an important role in the Oubliverse: minor villains who aren't threatening the very cosmos but employ their powers to commit crimes like a bad Spider-man villain.