Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Red Ghost, Red Guardian, Red Skull)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Elementals)

Post by prodigyduck » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:57 am

Tyrant Lizard King wrote:Yes, I believe it is.
I've looked around, and it appears that I do not have that book. Sorry.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Elementals)

Post by prodigyduck » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:25 pm

ELEPHANT (PL 10)

Strength
10, Stamina 5, Agility 0, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 8, Intellect -4, Awareness 1, Presence -2

POWERS
Elephant Senses:
Senses 3 (Extended Hearing, Scent, Ultra-Hearing) – 3 points
Huge Body: Growth 8 (Innate, Permanent; -4 active defenses included), Protection 2 – 19 points
Trample: Shapeable Area Damage 10 (Limited to targets in movement path) – 10 points
Trunk: Extra Limb 1 (Innate) – 2 points

ADVANTAGES
Great Endurance, Skill Mastery (Perception)

SKILLS
Perception 8 (+9)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+0
Trample Area (Close, Damage 10)
Unarmed +8 (Close, Damage 10)

DEFENSE
Dodge
3, Fortitude 12, Parry 7, Toughness 7, Will 4

Abilities 4 + Advantages 2 + Defenses 20 + Powers 34 + Skills 4 = 64 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Elephants are mute and have no hands. They have limited manipulation with their trunk.
Reputation: Elephants are known to be incredibly territorial and protective of their herd.
Elephants are huge animals; the largest land mammals in existence. They are seen as symbols of intelligence and wisdom. Elephants travel in herds as a means of protection. While an adult has little to fear from most normal predators, younger elephants easily fall prey to creatures such as lions. In truth, elephants have more to fear from sentient hunters. Their ivory tusks are quite valuable across the world, and many poachers will kill an elephant simply to remove the tusks and leave the rest of the animal behind.

There are two major types of elephants, named for the regions they inhabit. The larger species is the Savannah Elephant, standing 10-14 feet at the shoulder and weighing as much as 26,000 pounds. The smaller Forest Elephant stands 10 feet at the shoulder and weighs up to 9,000 pounds.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Elementals, Elephant)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Hmmmm....I've noticed that you are generally staying true to statting D&D stuff in alphabetical order. However, I noticed something missing from the B's.

Beholder...

I do recall you doing a couple of 3E builds own your old thread, it is there or are you saving it for something special like Boxing Day? :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Elementals, Elephant)

Post by prodigyduck » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:09 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Hmmmm....I've noticed that you are generally staying true to statting D&D stuff in alphabetical order. However, I noticed something missing from the B's.

Beholder...

I do recall you doing a couple of 3E builds own your old thread, it is there or are you saving it for something special like Boxing Day? :wink:
Actually, I am currently only building creatures available thru the OGL. It is all part of the Superpowered Bestiary I am working on.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Ettercap)

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:50 am

ETTERCAP (PL 5)

Strength
2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 3, Intellect -2, Awareness 2, Presence -1

POWERS
Ettercap Senses:
Senses 3 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision) – 3 points
Poison Bite: Weaken Agility 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Linked to bite, Progressive) – 15 points
Spider-Climbing: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to Climbing), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2) – 6 points
Webs: Array (17 points)
Web Structure: Close Create 5 (Innate, Continuous); Linked to Environment 3 (Impede Movement [-1 rank]; Continuous) – 17 points
Web Throw: Ranged Affliction 5 (Hindered and Vulnerable / Defenseless and Immobile; Resisted by Dodge; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited to Two Degrees) – 1 point
Web Traps: Enhanced Technology 4 (Limited to creating traps) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 1, Improved Initiative, Language 0 (Common is native), Spider Empathy

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (+2, +10 climbing), Perception 4 (+6), Ranged Combat (Webs) 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 0 (-2, +2 to make traps)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+7
Bite +4 (Close, Damage 2 plus Weaken 5)
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 2)
Web +5 (Ranged, Affliction 5)

DEFENSE
Dodge
4, Fortitude 4, Parry 4, Toughness 3, Will 6

Abilities 22 + Advantages 3 + Defenses 7 + Powers 43 + Skills 6 = 81 Total
Ettercaps are primitive, hunting aberrations that have an affinity with spiders. Like spiders, they use webs as traps to capture prey, which is then injected with paralytic venom from the ettercap’s bite.

Much like spiders, ettercaps tend to be solitary creatures, only gathering to mate. When ettercaps do socialize, it is with monstrous spiders, which they keep as pets and guards.

An adult ettercap stands 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Ettercap, Ettin)

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:42 am

ETTIN (PL 8]

Strength
6, Stamina 2, Agility -1, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 7, Intellect -2, Awareness 0, Presence 0

POWERS
Giant Senses:
Enhanced Perception 2, Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) – 2 points
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 5 – 14 points
Two Heads: Summon Duplicate 4 (Heroic, Innate, Limited to Heads, Permanent) – 9 points

EQUIPMENT
Weapons: Array (5 points)
Morningstar: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Improved Disarm, Improved Trip) – 5 points
Javelin: Ranged Strength-Based Damage 2 – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Equipment 2, Improved Initiative, Languages 0 (Giant is native), Power Attack, Takedown

SKILLS
Perception 7 (+9), Ranged Combat (Thrown) 3 (+3)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+3
Javelin +3 (Ranged, Damage 8]
Morningstar +7 (Close, Damage 9)
Unarmed +7 (Close, Damage 6)

DEFENSE
Dodge
0, Fortitude 9, Parry 8, Toughness 7, Will 3

Abilities 8 + Advantages 5 + Defenses 16 + Powers 25 + Skills 5 = 59 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Temper:
Slow and dull-witted, ettins will fly into a range if they are attacked or belittled.
Ettins are ugly two-headed giants who are vicious and often unpredictable. They resemble ogres or hill giants, with brown skin and heavy tusks in their mouths. They are usually garbed in filthy clothing. The average ettin stands about 13 feet tall and weighs 5,200 pounds.

While these giants are rather dull-witted, they are often hired as guards. Their dual-heads allow them great powers of perception, which many find useful.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Ettercap, Ettin)

Post by prodigyduck » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:42 am

FEY LORD
The fey lords are powerful beings similar to celestials such as angels and archons. They embody goodness while also embracing the ideals of personal freedom and whimsy. Fey lords love beauty in all its forms. They delight in the artistic forms of music, dance, and even an expert swordsman.

These creatures are beautiful to behold. They often appear as fey-like humanoid beings. They also have the ability to alter their forms into those of pure elemental energy. As their names suggest, fey lords have powerful innate magical abilities.

BRALANI (PL 8]

Strength
4, Stamina 3, Agility 4, Dexterity 4,
Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

POWERS
Fey Powers:
Array (13 points)
Wind Wall: Create 6 (Subtle) – 13 points
Blur: Visual Concealment 4 (Partial) – 1 point
Charm Person: Perception Range Affliction 3 (Dazed / Compelled / Controlled; Resisted by Will; Cumulative, Limited to humanoids) – 1 point
Cure Wounds: Healing 5 – 1 point
Gust of Wind: Close Cone Area Move Object 4 (Limited Direction [away from bralani]) – 1 point
Lightning Bolt: Line Area Damage 5 – 1 point
Fey Senses: Senses 3 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision) – 3 points
Fey Toughness: Impervious Toughness 6, Protection 3 – 9 points
Outsider Traits: Feature 1 (natural attacks count as “holy”), Immunity 13 (Aging, Electricity Damage, Petrification Effects, Sleep, Starvation and Thirst) – 14 points
Tongues: Comprehend 3 (Languages; Subtle) – 7 points
Whirlwind Form: Flight 6 (120 mph), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits), Insubstantial 2, Line Area Damage 6 (Affects Corporeal) – 42 points

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
Array (6 points)
Bow: Ranged Damage 3 – 6 points
Scimitar: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Improved Critical) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Attractive, Equipment 2, Improved Initiative, Languages 2 (Draconic, Infernal [Celestial is native])

SKILLS
Acrobatics 5 (+9), Close Combat (Swords) 2 (+6), Expertise (Animal Handling) 5 (+6), Insight 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+7), Ranged Combat (Bows) 5 (+9), Stealth 5 (+9)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+8
Bow +9 (Ranged, Damage 3)
Charm Person Perception (Ranged, Affliction 3)
Lightning Bolt Area (Close, Damage 5)
Scimitar +6 (Close, Damage 7/19-20)
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 4)
Whirlwind Blast Area (Close, Damage 6)

DEFENSE
Dodge
9, Fortitude 8, Parry 9, Toughness 6, Will 4

Abilities 48 + Advantages 6 + Defenses 17 + Powers 93 + Skills 16 = 180 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Obsession:
Bralani love to compete with others in good-natured events.
Power Loss: Impervious Toughness; not vs. cold iron weapons or unholy effects.
Bralani fey lords hold dominance over the autumn winds. They usher in winter in the great cycle of life, death, and rebirth. They are considered to be the fiercest and wildest of all the fey lords, living from moment to moment. Bralani love the chance to compete with others, suggesting tournaments and challenges of both physical and mental skill.

Bralani appear as pale elves, their skin being a light blue in color and their hair similar to that of newly-fallen snow. In an instant, a bralani can assume the form of a whirlwind of dust and snow.

GHAELE (PL 13)

Strength
7, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 7, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 3

POWERS
Fey Powers:
Array (60 points)
Teleport: Teleport 12 (Accurate, Easy, Extended) – 60 points
Chain Lightning: Ranged Shapeable Area Damage 9 (Area 2 [60-ft.]) – 1 point
Charm: Perception Range Affliction 7 (Dazed / Compelled / Controlled; Resisted by Will; Cumulative) – 1 point
Color Spray: Cone Area Affliction 4 (Dazed and Visually Impaired / Stunned and Visually Disabled / Incapacitated and Visually Unaware; Resisted by Will; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited to One Sense) – 1 point
Continual Flame: Environment 1 (Light; Continuous) – 1 point
Cure Wounds: Healing 12 – 1 point
Detect Thoughts: Mind Reading 5 (Effortless, Limited to Surface Thoughts, Subtle) – 1 point
Dispel Magic: Nullify Magic 12 (Broad) – 1 point
Fearsome Gaze: Perception Ranged Affliction 8 (Impaired / Disabled / Paralyzed; Resisted by Will; Cumulative, Limited [only vs. evil/unholy creatures], Visual-Sense Dependent), Linked to Perception Ranged Damage 8 (Resisted by Will; Limited [only vs. evil/unholy creatures], Visual-Sense Dependent) – 1 point
Hold Monster: Perception Range Affliction 8 (Hindered / Immobile / Paralyzed; Resisted by Will; Cumulative) – 1 point
Invisibility: Visual Concealment 4 – 1 point
Images: Illusion 6 (Visual, Hearing; Resisted by Will) – 1 point
Prismatic Spray: Cone Area Damage 10 (Variable Descriptor 2) – 1 point
Wall of Force: Create 12 (Impervious 12, Subtle) – 1 point
Fey Senses: Senses 8 (Darkvision, Detect Evil Presences [acute, ranged], Low-Light Vision, Vision Counters Invisibility) – 8 points
Fey Toughness: Impervious Toughness 10, Protection 10 – 20 points
Holy Sword: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Improved Critical 2, Limited [penetrating only vs. evil/unholy creatures], Penetrating 10); Easily Removable (-4 points) – 6 points
Light Form: Ranged Damage 10 (Affects Corporeal, Penetrating 10), Flight 7 (250 mph), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits), Insubstantial 3 – 71 points
Outsider Traits: Feature 1 (natural attacks count as “holy”), Immunity 13 (Aging, Electricity Damage, Petrification Effects, Sleep, Starvation and Thirst) – 14 points
Tongues: Comprehend 3 (Languages; Subtle) – 7 points

ADVANTAGES
Attractive, Defensive Attack, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Languages 2 (Draconic, Infernal [Celestial is native])

SKILLS
Close Combat (Swords) 7 (+14), Expertise (Animal Handling) 7 (+10), Expertise (Nature) 7 (+10), Insight 7 (+11), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion 7 (+10), Ranged Combat (Light Rays) 7 (+8), Stealth 7 (+8)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+5
Chain Lightning Area (Ranged, Damage 9)
Charm Perception (Ranged, Affliction 7)
Color Spray Area (Close, Affliction 4)
Fearsome Gaze Perception (Ranged, Affliction 8 plus Damage 8]
Hold Monster Perception (Ranged, Affliction 8]
Holy Sword +14 (Close, Damage 10/18-20)
Light Ray +8 (Ranged, Damage 10)
Prismatic Spray Area (Close, Damage 10)
Unarmed +7 (Close, Damage 7)

DEFENSE
Dodge
8, Fortitude 9, Parry 14, Toughness 12, Will 7

Abilities 56 + Advantages 7 + Defenses 24 + Powers 199 + Skills 28 = 314 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation:
Doing Good.
Power Loss: Impervious Toughness; not vs. cold iron weapons or unholy effects.
The ghaeles are the knights errant of the fey lords and the embodiment of winter. They are powerful warriors that delight in the hunting and slaying of evil in all its forms, especially fiends, dragons, and undead. They are quick to make friends and lovers, but equally quick in the slaying of an enemy.

A ghaele appears to be a fey-like humanoid of idealized physical proportions, often clad in shining armor and wielding weapons of great magical power. They can change their forms to appear as a shimmering form of light.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Fey Lords)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:57 am

Wow, I like that Bralani picture- ladies always look their hottest when they're so darn elegant. Plus the whole Veronica Lake peek-a-boo bang thing. Gotta love the Ettins, too. For some reason, they and Athaches are among my favourite monsters from the 3rd Edition Monster Manuals. Giants have always been a favourite D&D monster of mine for their mix of being iconic, "above" common enemies, but below the super-Gods, making them perfect high-level Mooks to wipe out. You can buy them as bosses of other Minions, Elite Mooks of super-villains, or even high-level Advanced Giants using PC classes.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Tyrant Lizard King » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:03 am

Jabroniville wrote:Wow, I like that Bralani picture- ladies always look their hottest when they're so darn elegant. Plus the whole Veronica Lake peek-a-boo bang thing.
I was just about to say the same thing before I head off for the night. Give me that Bralani's number, I'm a sucker for pale elfin fae women!

Even besides that, this is a great thread, Prodigy. A gold mine of monsters for use with all kinds of games -- many of 'em only need a reskin to be used as a wholly different type of creature.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:41 am

GARGOYLE (PL 6)

Strength
2, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 3, Intellect -2, Awareness 0, Presence -2

POWERS
Fast:
Speed 1 (4 mph) – 1 point
Freeze: Enhanced Deception 12 (Limited to disguising self as a statue), Enhanced Skill Mastery (Stealth) – 4 points
Gargoyle Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Gargoyle Traits: Immunity 3 (Starvation and Thirst, Suffocation) – 3 points
Stone Skin: Impervious Toughness 4 – 4 points
Wings: Flight 3 (16 mph; Wings) – 3 points

ADVANTAGES
Improved Initiative, Languages 1 (Common [Terran is native]), Skill Mastery (Stealth)

SKILLS
Deception 0 (-2, +10 when disguised as statue), Perception 4 (+4), Stealth 4 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+6
Unarmed +3 (Close, Damage 2)

DEFENSE
Dodge
6, Fortitude 5, Parry 7, Toughness 4, Will 4

Abilities 16 + Advantages 2 + Defenses 13 + Powers 17 + Skills 4 = 52 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Power Loss:
Impervious Toughness; not vs. magic weapons.
Gargoyles appear to be winged statues of demon-like humanoids. These creatures have mastered the ability to stand motionless for long periods of time, which adds to the façade of their statue-like appearance.

Gargoyles are found amid ruins and perched on tall buildings. Here, their appearance is hidden among other statues of non-living gargoyles – hiding in plain sight. These treacherous creatures then ambush anyone who passes by; slaying the unfortunate being and stealing anything of value. Gargoyles particularly enjoy shiny objects containing gemstones and precious metals.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Fey Lords, Gargoyle)

Post by prodigyduck » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:46 am

EFREETI (PL 10)

Strength
6, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

POWERS
Change Shape:
Morph 3 (Humanoid Forms) – 15 points
Genie Powers: Array (40 points)
Image: Illusion 8 (All Senses) – 40 points
Change Size – Large: Growth 4 (Affects Others Only, Attack) – 1 point
Change Size – Small: Shrinking 4 (Affects Others Only, Attack) – 1 point
Gaseous Form: Immunity 2 (Critical Hits; Sustained), Insubstantial 2 – 1 point
Invisibility: Visual Concealment 4 (Passive) – 1 points
Plane Shift: Movement 2 (Dimensional Movement 2 [elemental planes]) – 1 point
Pyrotechnics: Move Object 4 (Limited to fire) – 1 point
Scorching Ray: Ranged Damage 6 (Multiattack) – 1 point
Wall of Fire: Create 6 (Fades) – 1 point
Wish: Variable 6 (Limited to grant wishes to other non-genies only) – 1 point
Genie Senses: Senses 5 (Darkvision, Detect Magic [acute, ranged]) – 5 points
Heat: Damage 2 (Reaction) – 8 points
Large Size: Growth 4 (Continuous, Innate; -2 active defenses included), Protection 2 – 15 points
Lord of Fire: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Plane of Fire]) – 2 points
Magic Flight: Flight 5 (60 mph; Subtle) – 11 points
Outsider Traits: Immunity 8 (Fire Damage, Aging, Sleep, Starvation and Thirst) – 8 points

EQUIPMENT
Greatsword: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Improved Critical) – 5 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 3, Equipment 1, Improved Initiative, Languages 3 (Aquan, Auran, Common, Terran [Ignan is native]), Skill Mastery (Deception)

SKILLS
Deception 7 (+9), Expertise (Magic) 7 (+8), Expertise (Metal-smith) 7 (+8), Insight 7 (+9), Intimidation 7 (+11), Perception 7 (+8), Ranged Combat (Scorching Ray) 7 (+8), Stealth 7 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+7
Scorching Ray +8 (Ranged, Multiattack Damage 6)
Sword +10 (Close, Damage 9/19-20)
Unarmed +10 (Close, Damage 6)

DEFENSE
Dodge
10, Fortitude 7, Parry 10, Toughness 6, Will 9

Abilities 36 + Advantages 9 + Defenses 20 + Powers 113 + Skills 28 = 206 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Arrogant:
As they possess great magical power, genies are very arrogant towards those who are lesser than themselves.
Power Loss: An efreeti can only grant three wishes each day.
Reputation: Efreet are known to be malicious and cruel creatures.
Weakness: Vulnerability to cold damage.
The efreet are genies from the Plane of Fire. An efreeti stands about 12 feet tall and weighs 2,000 pounds.

Efreet are cruel and self-serving. They all consider themselves to be of noble character and assume grand titles to make themselves seem impressive.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Efreet)

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:04 am

GHOST
Ghosts are the undead spirits of creatures that cannot pass on into the afterlife. Their malevolence keeps them attached to the mortal world until some deed is done; this often results in the ghost returning into existence even if it has been destroyed over and over again. Only once the ghost’s specific deed had been performed can the ghost finally be put to rest and its malevolent presence will dissipate.

A ghost usually appears to be an incorporeal, ethereal version of its living self, but this is not always the case. Many ghosts manifest as the “mental self-image” of the living creature. This appearance can be anything from a simple shrouded figure to a massive black-bodied humanoid figure with burning eyes of hellfire. The appearance of a ghost is typically indicative of its level of power.

While the powers of ghosts are many and varied, all ghost possess some common traits. They are all incorporeal undead. Their touch is disruptive to living creatures; often feeling cold and chilling the soul with fear. A ghost can rejuvenate even after it has been “destroyed” in combat. The only way to permanently destroy a ghost is to determine the reason for its existence and set right whatever prevents it from resting in peace. The exact means varies with each ghost and may require a good deal of research, and should be created for each different ghost by the GM.

GHOST TEMPLATE

ABILITIES
+2 Presence; a ghost has no Stamina score.

POWERS
A ghost receives all of the following Powers:

Ghostly Resilience: Protection 2 – 2 points [Note: ranks should be equal to Presence]
Ghostly Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Incorporeal: Flight 1 (4 mph), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits), Insubstantial 4 (Innate, Permanent) – 25 points
Rejuvenation: Immortality 2 (1 week; Limited [if laid to final rest]) – 1 point
Undead Traits: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) – 30 points

In addition, a ghost can have any number of the following Powers, based on the individual spirit. If a ghost possesses multiple ghostly powers, they should be purchased in an Array.
A ghost may possess other Powers not listed here with the GM’s permission.

Note that all of the ranks for the following Powers should be equal to the ghost’s Presence. This represent’s the ghost’s ability to manipulate the world around it through force of will.

Corrupting Gaze: Perception Range Weaken Presence X (Resisted by Fortitude; Affects Corporeal, Visual Sense-Dependent) – 3 points per rank

Corrupting Touch: Damage X (Affects Corporeal) – 2 points per rank

Draining Touch: Weaken [choose any one Ability Score] X (Affects Corporeal), Linked to Healing X (Limited to self only) – 3 points per rank

Frightful Moan: Burst Area Affliction X (Impaired / Compelled [to flee] / Controlled [to flee]; Resisted by Will; Affects Corporeal, Cumulative, Hearing-Sense Dependent) – 3 points per rank

Horrific Appearance: Burst Area Weaken X (Resisted by Fortitude; Affects Corporeal, Broad [all physical Abilities], Simultaneous, Visual Sense-Dependent) – 4 points per rank

Malevolence: Affliction X (Entranced / Compelled / Controlled; Resisted by Will; Affects Corporeal, Cumulative, Instant Recovery, Limited [the ghost’s body merges with the target, assuming its physical Abilities], Sustained Duration) – 3 points per rank

Telekinesis: Perception Range Move Object X (Affects Corporeal) – 4 points per rank

SKILLS
Perception 8, Stealth 8

Abilities -6 + Powers 60 + Skills 8 = 62 Total

COMPLICATIONS
The complications of a ghost are as different and varied as the individual undead spirits themselves. A GM should be creative with a ghost. Each ghost should have complications tailored to its existence, both in life and undeath.

Most ghosts will have an Obsession; which could be a desire they want fulfilled (such as their final rest) or a deed they must perform (unfinished business from when they were alive).

Some ghosts will have Disability which restricts their movement. These spirits cannot willingly leave the place which they currently “haunt.”
SAMPLE GHOST

BANSHEE (PL 7)
Strength --, Stamina --, Agility 3, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 5, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 4

POWERS
Aura of Fear:
Burst Area Affliction 4 (Impaired / Compelled [to flee]; Resisted by Will; Limited to Two Degrees, Reaction) – 16 points
Banshee Powers: Array (21 points)
Wail of the Banshee: Burst Area Damage 7 (Resisted by Fortitude; Affects Corporeal, Hearing-Sense Dependent) – 21 points
Corrupting Touch: Damage 4 (Affects Corporeal) – 1 point
Ghostly Resilience: Protection 4 – 4 points
Ghostly Senses: Senses 7 (Darkvision, Detect Living Creatures [acute, extended, radius, ranged]) – 7 points
Incorporeal: Flight 1 (4 mph), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits), Insubstantial 4 (Innate, Permanent) – 25 points
Rejuvenation: Immortality 2 (1 week; Limited [if laid to final rest]) – 1 point
Undead Traits: Immunity 40 (Cold Damage, Electricity Damage, Fortitude Effects) – 40 points

ADVANTAGES
Improved Initiative

SKILLS
Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 5 (+9), Perception 8 (+11), Stealth 8 (+11)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+7
Corrupting Touch +5 (Close, Damage 4)
Fear Aura Area (Close, Affliction 4)
Wail of the Banshee Area (Close, Damage 7)

DEFENSE
Dodge
5, Fortitude Immune, Parry 7, Toughness 4, Will 8

Abilities 18 + Advantages 1 + Defenses 9 + Powers 115 + Skills 13 = 156 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
A banshee cannot cross a line of salt.
Power Loss: A banshee can only use her Wail at night.
Weakness: A banshee is temporarily dispersed by contact with salt or being struck with an iron weapon. A banshee is destroyed if its original corpse is purified with salt and then burned.

A banshee is the ghost of an evil fey creature. They delight in causing suffering and death. The wail of a banshee is its most feared attack, as it can sap the living energy from any that hear it.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Efreet, Ghost)

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:22 am

We're having steak tonight!

GHOUL (PL 3)

Strength
1, Stamina --, Agility 2, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 1, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

POWERS
Ghoul Fever:
Weaken Agility, Dexterity, and Stamina 2 (Resisted by Fortitude; Broad, Linked to bite, Progressive, Simultaneous) – 10 points
Ghoul Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Ghoul Toughness: Protection 2 – 2 points
Paralytic Touch: Affliction 2 (Hindered / Immobile / Paralyzed; Resisted by Fortitude; Cumulative, Linked to Unarmed) – 4 points
Undead Traits: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Regeneration 1 – 31 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 1, Grabbing Finesse, Languages 0 (Common is native)

SKILLS
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 3 (+4), Perception 3 (+5), Stealth 3 (+5)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+2
Bite +2 (Close, Damage 1 plus Affliction 2 plus Weaken 2)
Unarmed +2 (Close, Damage 1 plus Affliction 2)

DEFENSE
Dodge
2, Fortitude Immune, Parry 1, Toughness 2, Will 5

Abilities 10 + Advantages 2 + Defenses 3 + Powers 49 + Skills 6 = 70 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Carnivore; ghouls require eating dead flesh or suffer as if starving.
Power Loss: A ghoul’s Paralytic Touch does not affect elves.
Ghouls are humanoid undead that feed on the flesh of corpses. They lair within ancient crypts or hide in graveyards where food is plentiful. Whenever possible, a ghoul will attack a living target as a rare opportunity to have fresh meat.

A ghoul appears to be an emaciated humanoid creature with putrid grey skin. Its teeth have worn away into fangs and it has a long-lashing tongue. The fingers and toes of a ghoul end in sharp claws, blackened from constantly digging up grave dirt.

People rightfully fear ghouls and their corpse-eating ways. The bit of a ghoul inflicts a terrible disease. Any who die from the illness arises as a ghoul soon afterward. The touch of a ghoul carries a necromantic power that paralyzes those whom the undead touches.
GHAST (PL 5)

Strength
3, Stamina --, Agility 3, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 3, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 3

POWERS
Ghoul Fever:
Weaken Agility, Dexterity, and Stamina 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Broad, Linked to bite, Progressive, Simultaneous) – 25 points
Ghoul Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Ghoul Toughness: Protection 4 – 4 points
Paralytic Touch: Affliction 5 (Hindered / Immobile / Paralyzed; Resisted by Fortitude; Cumulative, Linked to Unarmed) – 10 points
Stench: Burst Area Affliction 5 (Impaired; Resisted by Fortitude; Limited to One Degree, Reaction) – 15 points
Undead Traits: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Regeneration 1 – 31 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 1, Grabbing Finesse, Languages 0 (Common is native)

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+6), Stealth 4 (+7)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+3
Bite +4 (Close, Damage 3 plus Affliction 5 plus Weaken 5)
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 3 plus Affliction 5)

DEFENSE
Dodge
4, Fortitude Immune, Parry 4, Toughness 4, Will 6

Abilities 22 + Advantages 2 + Defenses 6 + Powers 87 + Skills 8 = 125 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Carnivore; ghouls require eating dead flesh or suffer as if starving.
There is a stronger type of ghoul known as a ghast. They often lair with others of their own kind or act as the leaders for a group of normal ghouls. The stench of death and rot lingers around their undead forms.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Ghost, Ghouls)

Post by prodigyduck » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:09 pm

CLOUD GIANT (PL 12)

Strength
12, Stamina 6, Agility 1, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 1

POWERS
Cloud Giant Powers:
Array (16 points)
Fog Cloud: Environment 8 (Visibility -5) – 16 points
Levitate: Flight 1 (Levitation) – 1 point
Giant Senses: Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Scent, Tracking [olfactory]) – 3 points
Huge Body: Growth 8 (Innate, Permanent; -4 active defenses included), Protection 6 – 23 points
Rock Catching: Enhanced Dodge 10 (Limited to thrown rocks only, Sustained) – 5 points

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
Array (24 points)
Rock: Ranged Damage 12 – 24 points
Morningstar: Strength-Based Damage 2 – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Equipment 5, Languages 1 (Common [Giant is native]), Power Attack, Takedown 2

SKILLS
Athletics 5 (+17), Expertise (Stringed Instruments) 10 (+11), Insight 10 (+13), Intimidation 10 (+15), Perception 10 (+13), Persuasion 5 (+6), Ranged Combat (Thrown) 10 (+10)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+1
Morningstar +10 (Close, Damage 14)
Rock +10 (Ranged, Damage 12)
Unarmed +10 (Close, Damage 12)

DEFENSE
Dodge
2 / 12*, Fortitude 16, Parry 11, Toughness 12, Will 8
* vs. thrown rocks only

Abilities 36 + Advantages 9 + Defenses 25 + Powers 48 + Skills 30 = 148 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Magical, sky-dwelling aristocratic giants.
Cloud giants are sky-dwelling giants with pale skin and sky-blue hair. Adults are about 18 feet tall and weigh about 5,000 pounds. They tend to dress in flowing cloud-colored robes and fine jewelry.

These giants prefer to live in the tallest mountains, or even higher if possible. Those with magical talent often create floating castles or cities in which to dwell, held aloft in the sky atop a mass of clouds. Cloud giants all possess some control over their namesake, being able to summon forth a cloud of fog and mist at will.