Mr. O Presents Urania, Skale, Chitin

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Mr. O Presents Urania, Skale, Chitin

Post by MisterO » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Well.

I have returned to trouble you all with my strange and wonderful builds. I was deeply ambivalent about the changes in 3E that I didn't think were necessary; increasing the cost of skills, depowering Impervious, adding new abilities, making power creation a bit more complicated and less flavorful and a few other small things that just seem random (like changing Grappling to Grab. Why?)

In any case 3E is here to stay and there is also quite a bit to like about the new system; Growth is vastly improved over its previous incarnation; the simplification of Conditions; the addition of combat maneuvers (All-Out Attack, Power Attack etc.).

I can only hope that the new game will have a long, healthy publishing life.
Last edited by MisterO on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 8 times in total.

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: MisterO Presents 3E Infinite Womyn

Post by MisterO » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Infinite Womyn
Power Level 11

Abilities:
Agility 5
Dexterity 0
Intelligence 3
Stamina 5
Awareness 4
Fighting 8
Presence 4
Strength 5

Offense:
Initiative +4
Tesseract Assault + 12 [Close, Affliction 10 or Damage 10]
Sharp Edged Hand +15 [Close, Damage 7 (Penetrating 7)]
Unarmed +17 [Close, Damage 5]

Defense:
Dodge 8
Fortitude 7
Parry 12
Toughness 10/5*
Will 7
*When outside of Two-Dimensional Form

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 7 (+12), Close Combat: Sharp Edged Hand 3 (+15), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+17), Expertise: Poet 4 (+7), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+8; +13 Demoralizing), Investigation 0 (+0; +13 Search), Perception 6 (+10), Stealth 8 (+13)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Close Combat 4, Great Endurance, Power Attack

Skill Focuses: Intimidation (Demoralizing), Investigation 2 (Search)

Powers:
Four-Dimensional Form: Drawbacks: Activation (Standard) -2
Tesseract Body: Flight 1, Subtle; Insubstantial 4, affected by sonic and pressure effects. 23 points
Tesseract Assault: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; Impaired Fortitude, Stunned, Incapacitated; Cumulative), Dynamic. 21 points
Alternate Effect: Tesseract Strike: Damage 10, Penetrating 10, Dynamic. 21 points
4-D Senses: Senses 8 (Sight and Hearing Penetrates Concealment). 8 points
  • Alternate Effect: Two-Dimensional Form: Drawbacks: Activation (Move) -1
  • Flat Image: Concealment 2 (Sight), Limited to One Side -1; Feature: May use any part of body to climb; Flight 3, Gliding -1; Insubstantial 1; Movement 4 (Slithering, Permeate, Wall-Crawling 2); Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 10, Limited to physical attacks -1. 29 points
  • Sharp Edged Hand: Strength-Based Damage 2, Penetrating 7; Enhanced Trait: Improved Critical 2. 11 points
Totals: Abilities 68 + Skills 23 + Powers 52 + Defenses 12 + Advantages 10 = 165

Commentary: I hope that I will not make too many mistakes in this my first DCA/3E build: Infinite Womyn! I'm using the Skill Focus Fea...excuse me Advantage for this build because otherwise IW is even more expensive than usual. Skill Focus provides a +5 skill bonus to one aspect (or function?) of the skill.

I hope to have some feed-back on this since I'm in somewhat unfamiliar territory.
Last edited by MisterO on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: MisterO Presents 3E Infinite Womyn

Post by MisterO » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:37 pm

The Mother
Power Level 15

Abilities:
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Intelligence 10
Stamina 0
Awareness 14
Fighting 0
Presence 10
Strength 0

Offense:
Initiative +0
Show the World Beyond Death Perception, Affliction 10 and Damage 10

Defense:
Dodge 0
Fortitude 10
Parry 0
Toughness 0
Will 20

Skills:
Expertise: History of the World 10 (+20)

Advantages:
Trance

Powers:
Older than the Hills: Immortality 5, Immunity to Aging and Disease. Cost: 12 points
Show the World Beyond Death: Perception Ranged Damage 10, Resisted by Will, Linked to Perception Ranged Affliction 10 (Incapacitated, Paralyzed; Extra Condition). Cost: 60 points

Totals: Abilities 68 + Skills 5 + Powers 72 + Defenses 20 + Advantages 1 = 162

Comments:
I came up with this character from an image found on the Nuclear Sugar website. I love this picture to pieces and I have a few more fascinating pictures from that site that I'm going to use for other characters.

dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Re: MisterO Presents 3E Infinite Womyn, The Mother

Post by dwellerofthedeep » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 am

Good to see you, MisterO! And you brought a neat character with you, very nice.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
"If I have to give up a kidney I'll be okay because I'll still have Mutants and Masterminds."

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by MisterO » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:33 pm

dwellerofthedeep wrote:Good to see you, MisterO! And you brought a neat character with you, very nice.
Good to see you too, dweller! So what do you think of the new Edition? I'm still trying to get the hang of it; hopefully I will by the time I start doing a new build series. I want to do the heroes from Project: Superpowers and I think it's going to be a bit rough going.

dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Post by dwellerofthedeep » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:38 am

Well having run a few sessions of it, I have to say I think its a serious improvement in the accessibility department. My players get it anyway. I also like the way trade-offs work better now. I just haven't had a lot of time lately to experiment with it.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
"If I have to give up a kidney I'll be okay because I'll still have Mutants and Masterminds."

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

The Black Terror

Post by MisterO » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 pm

The Black Terror
Power Level 12

Abilities:
Agility 5
Dexterity 3
Intelligence 4
Stamina 8
Awareness 3
Fighting 8
Presence 4
Strength 12

Offense:
Initiative +5
Unarmed +12 Close, Damage 12
Grab +12 Close, Damage 12

Defense:
Dodge 10
Fortitude 12
Parry 10
Toughness 14
Will 7

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 4 (+16), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+12), Close Combat: Grab 4 (+12), Expertise: Chemistry 6 (+10), Intimidate 8 (+12), Investigation 4 (+8), Treatment 4 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Hard Fall, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Powers:
Bulletproof: Protection 6, Impervious Toughness 14. Cost: 20 points
Stuff of Legends: Immortality 8. Cost: 16 points

Background:
1. The Black Terror, pharmacist Bob Benton, is the premier character of the Project: Superpowers universe; in other words he's the Wolverine of the series. He's the only one of the characters to get his own ongoing series (which is going to come to an end next year).
2. I can't quite figure out how to do Terror's awesome new ghost pirate ship he got as a gift from one of his old allies, Mystico. Will develop at a later time.
3. Hard Fall: Your strength and durability far outstrip your grace and agility. You can use Athletics to lessen the damage from falls instead of Acrobatics.

Complications:
Temper: Bob is quick to take offense and to act accordingly.
Relationships: Bob deeply cares for Kid Terror, Tim Roland.

Totals: Abilities 94 + Skills 20 + Powers 36 + Defenses 14 + Advantages 8 = 172
Last edited by MisterO on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

The Green Lama

Post by MisterO » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:58 pm

The Green Lama
Power Level 12
Abilities:
Agility 6
Dexterity 5
Intelligence 5
Stamina 6
Awareness 6
Fighting 6
Presence 6
Strength 6

Offense:
Initiative +6
Unarmed +16 Close, Damage 6

Defense:
Dodge 12
Fortitude 12
Parry 12
Toughness 6
Will 12

Skills:
Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+14), Expertise: Mysticism 10 (+15)

Advantages:
Leadership, Ritualist

Powers:
Connection to the Meta-Natural: Create Plants 15, Impervious, Continuous. 60 points
Alternate Effect: Travel Through the Green: Teleport 12, Accurate, Easy, Extended, Increased Action (Standard) -1. 48 points
Tibetan Levitation Techniques: Flight 5. 10 points
Enlightened Longevity: Immunity to Aging. 1 point

Background:
1. With probably the funnest name to say of all superheroes, comes the Green Lama! Jethro Dumont was your standard issue rich playboy, who got his heroic career started in the pulps, who used the spiritual training he got in Tibet to fight crime. He had the usual smattering of psychic powers along with the curious ability to deliver electric shocks through his hands that were powered by ingesting radioactive salts.
2. The version appearing in Project: Superpowers is based on the Prize Comics version of the character. Instead of being a slightly more powerful human he is essentially the sorcerer supreme of the PSP Universe and has already had a massive impact on this Earth; he has made New York into New Shangri La, resurrected a large group of people who had been slaughtered by the villainess, Bloodlust, and is the Superpowers' means of mass transportation.

Complications:
Responsibility: Jethro is trying his best to make the world a better place, but he is unsure if what he and the Superpowers are doing is the right way.

Totals: Abilities 92 + Skills 9 + Powers 72 + Defenses 24 + Advantages 2 = 199

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: MisterO Presents Project Superpowers: The Green Lama

Post by MisterO » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:49 am

The Super-Morph
Power Level 11

Abilities:
Agility 3
Dexterity 2
Intelligence 4
Stamina N/A
Awareness 4
Fighting 6
Presence 0
Strength 6/14

Offense:
Initiative +3
Unarmed +8 [Close, Damage 6/14]
Pulsarian Sheath +10 [Range, Damage 12]

Defense:
Dodge 9
Fortitude Immune
Parry 9
Toughness 6/13
Will 9

Skills:
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8), Deception 6 (+6), Perception 10 (+14), Ranged Attack: Pulsarian Sheath 8 (+10)

Powers:
Neither Living or Dead: Immunity 32 (Critical Hits, Fortitude), Protection 6, Regeneration 5. 43 points
Absorbed Lives: Variable 2, to take on alien features. 14 points
Connection to the Great Mass: Senses 1 (Communication Link to the Great Mass). 1 point
Life Templates: Array (36 points)
  • Fulminating Pulsarian Sheath: Ranged Damage 12, Penetrating 12; Dynamic. 36 points
  • Super-Dense Neutronian Skin: Enhanced Strength 8; Protection 7, Impervious Toughness 13; Dynamic. 2 poitns
  • Overwhelming Magnetarite Manipulators: Move Object 12, Damaging, Limited to Metal, Dynamic. 2 points
Background:
1. At long last a villain to go up against Infinite Womyn, the Super-Morph. Obviously inspired by the Super-Skrull, I took a slightly more 'alien' approach to the concept.
2. She is one of the emissaries of the Great Mass, an immense blob of ancient biomass that has been slowly devouring all life in the galaxy. All of its agents have the ability to change their shapes into any of the millions of species it has absorbed; it reserves the most powerful alien forms for its most effective agents. The number of "Life Templates" an agent is given is a essentially a mark of rank: One life template is given to about one in every hundred agents, two are given to about every thousand agents and three Life Templates to only a hundred agents.
3. The Super-Morph has come to Infinite Womyn's world to learn about the genetic traits of its inhabitants and eventually render them down to fine fluid of genetic material and ship it off to be absorbed by the Great Mass.

Complications:
Honor: Super-Morph is a dedicated follower of the Great Mass.
Power Loss: The Super-Morph loses her powers of shape-shifting in extreme cold.

Totals: Abilities 54 + Skills 13 + Powers 99 + Defenses 14 + Advantages 0 = 180

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: MisterO Presents Super-Morph

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Now thats a cool character. I'd love to see what she looks like!

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by MisterO » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:17 pm

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Now thats a cool character. I'd love to see what she looks like!
Thanks for the comment JD!

As for what she looks like.

Tall humanoid female with translucent gray skin. The facial features are somewhat indistinct but have the same human/feline cast as other members of Infinite Womyn's race. She wears no clothes but she has nothing to be modest about as she has no visible sexual organs.

The Pulsarian Sheath wraps her body in blue-white energy that looks like steam or smoke. It warps the air around her in a mirage like effect. The Neoutronian Skin is a black colored, granite like substance covered in a red tinted pattern like damascus steel. The Magnetarite Manipulators are silvery discs attached to the Super-Morphs arms that produce a green and yellow energy that is controlled with artistic movements of the hands.

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by MisterO » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Here is a list of the characters I'm going to be posting soon, names courtesy of the Random Age Name Generator (hosted here, based on the tables made by xxx here). The characters will all be part of my signature fake comic book company CK Comics. Hopefully I'll be able to create appropriate backgrounds (both fictional and metafictional) for all the characters but some I think I'll just leave up to your imaginations. :D

1.Red Leopard
2.Minerva Steel
3.Madame Ceres
4.Sergeant Radar
5.Terrific Lass
6.Young Thor
7.Sword Boy
8.White Goddess
9.Strange Powerhouse
10.Apollo Justice
11.The Gay Vision
12.TNT Master
13.The Green Streak
14.Red Whizzer
15.Demon Cardenas
16.Hydro Lass
17.Brandon Fury
18.James' Phantom Cloak
19.Phillip Face
20.Jungle Ghost
21.Tony Web
22.The Kid Thunderbolt
23.Bombshell the American Lad
24.Fireball Hopkins
25.Dynamite the Fiery Woman
26.The Blazing Dragon
27.The Hood
28.Centaur Lass
29.Green Raven
30.Captain U.S. the Star-Spangled Man
31.The Atomic Blaze

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: MisterO Presents CK Comics Part -1

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Sounds like fun.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:36 pm

That's quite a line-up, good luck to you, I really enjoyed some of your past fake behind the publisher stories, like Venus.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by MisterO » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:26 pm

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Sounds like fun.
Thanks, I've been blocking out their stats in HeroLab, just got the 3E package, I'm up to the Gay Vision. :lol:
Woodclaw wrote:That's quite a line-up, good luck to you, I really enjoyed some of your past fake behind the publisher stories, like Venus.
Thanks Woodclaw; I'm planning on doing her up in 3E soon probably after the CK Comics crew. I'm going over the stuff I did and am going to revise the history touch. I got a little little burnt out near the end and just kind of threw together the last write-up. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something a little better thought out.