Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Red Ghost, Red Guardian, Red Skull)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Giants)

Post by Jabroniville » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Sweeet. I love Giants. They're one of my favourite things about D&D- they're like Elite Mooks for high-level characters (replacing Orcs and stuff), potential Big Bads (Giant plus Character Levels), and they just look cool- not a lot of bells and whistles, just super-size humanoids with funky-coloured skin.

I always felt Cloud & Storm Giants were a bit odd with all their super-powers until I figured out they were sorta supposed to represent the cloud-dwelling Gods of Greek Myth (though the game worlds sometimes already HAVE cloud-dwelling Gods, so they're a bit redundant in those cases). My favourites were the Forest Giants in the 2nd Monster Manual in 3rd Edition- sorta like super-skinny giant green/yellow elves that hunted and held deer up by their feet and stuff. Are those part of the OGL, so you can build them?

The half-whale looking Ocean Giants were cool as well. And gotta love the sheer "Jack and the Beanstalk" scope of the Mountain Giants. Frost Giants were my favourites out of the "common" types.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat May 28, 2011 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Jabroniville wrote:Sweeet. I love Giants. They're one of my favourite things about D&D- they're like Elite Mooks for high-level characters (replacing Orcs and stuff), potential Big Bads (Giant plus Character Levels), and they just look cool- not a lot of bells and whistles, just super-size humanoids with funky-coloured skin.

I always felt Cloud & Storm Giants were a big odd with all their super-powers until I figured out they were sorta supposed to represent the cloud-dwelling Gods of Greek Myth (though the game worlds sometimes already HAVE cloud-dwelling Gods, so they're a bit redundant in those cases). My favourites were the Forest Giants in the 2nd Monster Manual in 3rd Edition- sorta like super-skinny giant green/yellow elves that hunted and held deer up by their feet and stuff. Are those part of the OGL, so you can build them?

The half-whale looking Ocean Giants were cool as well. And gotta love the sheer "Jack and the Beanstalk" scope of the Mountain Giants. Frost Giants were my favourites out of the "common" types.
I'll check to see about those giants. I really loved them as well.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:29 pm

This is for all those guys we lost to the GDQ!

FIRE GIANT (PL 12)

Strength
10, Stamina 5, Agility 0, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 10, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

POWERS
Fire-Blooded:
Immunity 6 (Fire Damage, Heat) – 7 points
Giant Senses: Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) – 1 points
Large Body: Growth 6 (Innate, Permanent; -3 active defenses included), Protection 3 – 16 points
Rock Catching: Enhanced Dodge 10 (Limited to thrown rocks only, Sustained) – 5 points

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
Array (20 points)
Rock: Ranged Damage 10 – 20 points
Greatsword: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Improved Critical) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Equipment 5, Improved Smash, Languages 1 (Common [Giant is native]), Power Attack, Takedown 2

SKILLS
Athletics 9 (+19), Intimidation 9 (+11), Perception 9 (+11), Ranged Combat (Thrown) 9 (+9)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+0
Greatsword +10 (Close, Damage 13/19-20)
Rock +9 (Ranged, Damage 10)
Unarmed +10 (Close, Damage 10)

DEFENSE
Dodge
2/ 12*, Fortitude 14, Parry 12, Toughness 8, Will 7
* vs. thrown rocks only

Abilities 30 + Advantages 10 + Defenses 24 + Powers 29 + Skills 18 = 111 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Weakness: Vulnerability to cold damage.
Fire giants live in active volcanoes where they forge heavy armor and weapons of war. These giants are highly militaristic and delight in waging war against others.

Fire giants stand over 12 feet tall and weigh 2,500 pounds. They are heavy-set and barrel-chested. The skin of a fire giant is red at birth but is charred to a sooty black by the time they are an adult. Their hair is usually some shade of red, orange, or fiery blonde. The eyes of a fire giant burn like glowing embers. Most adult fire giants wear bronze-colored armor and carry large two-handed swords.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:36 pm

FROST GIANT (PL 11)

Strength
9, Stamina 5, Agility 0, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 9, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

POWERS
Frost-Blooded:
Immunity 6 (Cold, Cold Damage) – 7 points
Large Body: Growth 6 (Innate, Permanent; -3 active defenses included), Protection 4 – 17 points
Rock Catching: Enhanced Dodge 8 (Limited to thrown rocks only, Sustained) – 4 points

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
Array (18 points)
Rock: Ranged Damage 9 – 18 points
Great Axe: Strength-Based Damage 3 – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Equipment 4, Improved Smash, Languages 1 (Common [Giant is native]), Power Attack, Takedown 2

SKILLS
Athletics 9 (+18), Intimidation 9 (+11), Perception 9 (+11), Ranged Combat (Thrown) 9 (+9), Stealth 8 (+4)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+0
Great Axe +9 (Close, Damage 12)
Rock +9 (Ranged, Damage 9)
Unarmed +9 (Close, Damage 9)

DEFENSE
Dodge
1 / 9*, Fortitude 14, Parry 10, Toughness 9, Will 6
* vs. thrown rocks only

Abilities 26 + Advantages 9 + Defenses 24 + Powers 29 + Skills 22 = 110 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Weakness: Vulnerability to fire damage.
The barbarians of the frozen northern regions consider frost giants to be the greatest terrors of the arctic wilderness. These giants stand about 15 feet tall and weigh 2,800 pounds. They wear armor and heavy furs in similar appearance to the barbarian raiders of northern lands.

Frost giants live in large tribes ruled by a jarl. They organize within lodge houses where they feast and prepare to raid the settlements of mortals and smaller humanoids. Frost giants live off the spoils of plunder and destruction. They will often take captives during their raids to serve as slaves or as food. They also make use of other arctic creatures, such as winter wolves and white dragons to serve as guards and pets.
:idea: At PL 11, these frost giants wil give even a modest Thor build a proper fight.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:55 pm

prodigyduck wrote:Image

FROST GIANT (PL 11)

:idea: At PL 11, these frost giants wil give even a modest Thor build a proper fight.

Dude, I will take some of that action! I think my PL14 Thor PC would have a good time rumbling with them. Consider it done after the holidays, maybe before if we get our crap done (which is looking unlikely... :( )

Love all the giants so far, Prodigy Duck.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:49 am

HILL GIANT (PL 9)

Strength
7, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity -1,
Fighting 7, Intellect -2, Awareness 0, Presence -2

POWERS
Giant Senses:
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) – 1 points
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 5 – 14 points
Rock Catching: Enhanced Dodge 6 (Limited to thrown rocks only, Sustained) – 3 points

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
Array (14 points)
Rock: Ranged Damage 7 – 14 points
Club: Strength-Based Damage 3 – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Equipment 3, Improved Smash, Languages 0 (Giant is native), Power Attack, Takedown

SKILLS
Athletics 7 (+14), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception 7 (+7), Ranged Combat (Thrown) 7 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+0
Club +7 (Close, Damage 10)
Rock +6 (Ranged, Damage 7)
Unarmed +7 (Close, Damage 7)

DEFENSE
Dodge
1 / 7*, Fortitude 11, Parry 8, Toughness 9, Will 3
* vs. thrown rocks only

Abilities 10 + Advantages 6 + Defenses 16 + Powers 18 + Skills 14 = 64 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Hill giants are known to be dull-witted, brutish bullies.
Hill giants are one of the lesser breeds of giants. They are dull-witted and clumsy. An adult hill giant stands about 10 feet tall and weighs 1,100 pounds. Their skin is a dark tan color and is usually covered in crudely-cut animal hides.

Hill giants are stereotypical bullies and will attack smaller creatures as a form of fun. They will throw massive rocks to start and then use their clubs only if their targets close in too close. Hill giants are often cowards when it comes to losing a fight.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:04 pm

STONE GIANT (PL 11)

Strength
8, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 9, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 0

POWERS
Giant Senses:
Senses 3 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision) – 3 points
Large Body: Growth 6 (Innate, Permanent; -3 active defenses included), Protection 7 – 20 points
Rock Catching: Enhanced Dodge 8 (Limited to thrown rocks only, Sustained) – 4 points
Rock-Like Skin: Enhanced Stealth 8 (Limited to rocky or stony environments) – 2 points

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
Array (16 points)
Rock: Ranged Damage 8 – 16 points
Club: Strength-Based Damage 3 – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Equipment 4, Languages 1 (Common [Giant is native]), Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover)

SKILLS
Athletics 8 (+16), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 8 (+9), Ranged Combat (Thrown) 8 (+9), Stealth 4 (+2, +10 in rocky environments)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+2
Club +9 (Close, Damage 11)
Rock +9 (Ranged, Damage 8]
Unarmed +9 (Close, Damage 8]

DEFENSE
Dodge
3 / 11*, Fortitude 12, Parry 9, Toughness 11, Will 4
* vs. thrown rocks only

Abilities 26 + Advantages 7 + Defenses 20 + Powers 29 + Skills 12 = 94 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Stone giants are known to be secretive, isolated creatures, preferring to make their homes in tall mountains away from humanoid settlements.
Stone giants are gray-skinned humanoids whose hides appear to be made from living rock. They stand 12 feet tall and weigh about 1,500 pounds. A stone giant is usually clad in a simple kilt or skirt.

Although they are capable melee combatants and incredibly strong, stone giants prefer to attack from a distance. They throw rocks at their enemies with great accuracy.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:07 pm

STORM GIANT (PL 15)

Strength
14, Stamina 6, Agility 2, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 14, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 2

POWERS
Aquatic:
Immunity 3 (Cold, Drowning, Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation – Aquatic) – 5 points
Large Body: Growth 8 (Innate, Permanent; -4 active defenses included), Protection 6 – 23 points
Lord of Seas and Storms: Immunity 10 (Electricity Damage, Entrapment) – 10 points
Rock Catching: Enhanced Dodge 10 (Limited to thrown rocks only, Sustained) – 5 points
Storm Giant Powers: Array (75 points)
Control Weather: Environment 15 (Intense Cold, Intense Heat; Hamper Movement [-1 rank], Visibility [-2 penalty]; Selective) – 75 points
Call Lightning: Ranged Line Area Damage 5 (Indirect 2) – 1 point
Chain Lightning: Cone Area Damage 8 – 1 point
Levitate: Flight 1 (4 mph; Levitation) – 1 point
Strong Swimmer: Swimming 3 (4 mph) – 3 points

EQUIPMENT
Bow:
Strength-Based Ranged Damage 3 – 3 points

ADVANTAGES
Equipment 1, Improved Slam, Languages 3 (Aquan, Auran, Common, Draconic [Giant is native]), Power Attack, Takedown

SKILLS
Athletics 11 (+25), Expertise (Sing) 11 (+14), Insight 11 (+16), Intimidation 11 (+17), Perception 11 (+16), Ranged Combat (Bows) 11 (+12)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+2
Bow +12 (Ranged, Damage 17)
Call Lightning Area (Ranged, Damage 5)
Chain Lightning Area (Close, Damage 8]
Unarmed +14 (Close, Damage 14)

DEFENSE
Dodge
4 / 14*, Fortitude 17, Parry 16, Toughness 12, Will 11
* vs. thrown rocks only

Abilities 62 + Advantages 7 + Defenses 29 + Powers 125 + Skills 33 = 256 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Temper:
Storm giants are prone to sudden mood swings.
A storm giant stands over 20 feet tall and weighs 12,000 pounds. They tend to wear fine tunics and belted sandals. When they enter battle, storm giants don bronze breastplates and Corinthian helmets.

Storm giants are the most powerful of giant-kind; their power is near that of the ancient titans. Much like a violent storm, a storm giant is prone to sudden bouts of violence and mood swings. They are brutal and dangerous foes who wield the power of weather and can hurl lightning with a gesture.

Storm giants make their homes on isolated islands or along coastal regions of the world. Despite their temperamental behavior, these beings are the most civilized of the giant races. They will even engage in trade with communities of small folk.

James the True
Groupie
Groupie

Post by James the True » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Cool, I've been waiting for the giants.

Time for my players to start sharpening their swords. :wink:

Thanks,
James the True
"Never anger an ailing Asgardian, you wouldn't like him when he's Thor."
---Stan "the Man" Lee

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:48 am

We are eating good tonight!

WOOD GIANT (PL 10)

Strength
5, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 2,
Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 1

POWERS
Forest Mastery: Enhanced Stealth 4 (Limited to forests) – 1 point
Giant Senses: Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) – 1 point
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 1 – 10 points
Pass Without Trace: Movement 2 (Trackless 2 [visual, scent]) – 4 points
Rock Catching: Enhanced Dodge 6 (Limited to thrown rocks only, Sustained) – 3 points
Speak with Animals: Comprehend 2 (Animals) – 4 points
Wood Giant Powers: Array (17 points)
Spike Growth: Environment 1 (Impede Movement [-1 rank]), Linked to Burst Area Ranged Damage 4 (Limited to those who move through Environment area, Sustained) – 17 points
Charm Animal: Perception Range Affliction 4 (Entranced / Compelled / Controlled; Resisted by Will; Cumulative, Limited to Animals) – 1 point
Enlarge Self: Growth 4 – 1 point
Quench: Nullify Fire Powers 4 – 1 point
Tree Shape: Morph 1 (Tree Form) – 1 point

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
Array (6 points)
Bow: Strength-Based Ranged Damage 3 – 6 points
Sword: Strength Based Damage 3 (Improved Critical) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 2, Equipment 2, Languages 2 (Common, Sylvan [Giant is native]), Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Ranged Concealment, Ranged Cover), Ranged Attack 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 6 (+11), Expertise (Farmer) 6 (+8), Expertise (Nature) 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+7, +11 in forests)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+5
Bow +4 (Ranged, Damage 8]
Charm Animal Perception (Ranged, Affliction 4)
Spike Growth Area (Ranged, Damage 4)
Sword +8 (Close, Damage 8/19-20)
Unarmed +8 (Close, Damage 5)

DEFENSE
Dodge
6 / 12*, Fortitude 9, Parry 7, Toughness 4, Will 5
* vs. thrown rocks

Abilities 36 + Advantages 11 + Defenses 15 + Powers 44 + Skills 18 = 124 Total

COMPLICATIONS

:idea: The Forest Giants of MM2 are non-OGL... but the Wood Giants of the recently-released Pathfinder Bestiary 2 are open content! Boo-yah!

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Oooh, there's a Pathfinder Bestiary 2 now? Nice- gotta check that out. Forest Giants are spiffy, as I mentioned before. I didn't realize the Wood Giants had so many additional powers- in every fantasy world I create, Giants are mostly just really big dudes who kick ass, and they just have different sets of Skills & Advantages. Of course, Wood Giants are clearly a little different than Forest Giants (which have few magic powers, and tend to just use poisoned arrows and their skills, in addition to their tall, very thin bodies... oh holy crap, they're frickin' Na'vi!!), but fulfill much the same purpose.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:26 am

Jabroniville wrote:Oooh, there's a Pathfinder Bestiary 2 now? Nice- gotta check that out. Forest Giants are spiffy, as I mentioned before. I didn't realize the Wood Giants had so many additional powers- in every fantasy world I create, Giants are mostly just really big dudes who kick ass, and they just have different sets of Skills & Advantages. Of course, Wood Giants are clearly a little different than Forest Giants (which have few magic powers, and tend to just use poisoned arrows and their skills, in addition to their tall, very thin bodies... oh holy crap, they're frickin' Na'vi!!), but fulfill much the same purpose.
Oh, jeez... They are Na'vi....

*facepalm*

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:35 am

GIBBERING MOUTHER (PL 6)

Strength
0, Stamina 6, Agility 1, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 3, Intellect -3, Awareness 1, Presence 1

POWERS
Acid Spittle:
Ranged Damage 8, Linked to Ranged Affliction 8 (Impaired / Disabled / Unaware; Resisted by Fortitude; Cumulative, Limited to Visual Senses) – 32 points
Amorphous: Immunity 2 (Critical Hits), Insubstantial 1 (Innate, Permanent), Movement 1 (Slithering) – 10 points
Blood Drain: Weaken 1 (Resisted by Fortitude; Broad [all physical abilities], Concentration, Grab-Based, Simultaneous) – 3 points
Eye-Covered Body: Enhanced Perception 4 (Limited to visual), Senses 4 (Darkvision, Radius Vision) – 5 points
Gibbering: Burst Area Affliction 3 (Dazed and Impaired / Compelled [to act irrationally] and Defenseless; Resisted by Will; Area 2 [60-ft.], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Hearing-Sense Dependent, Limited to Two Degrees, Progressive, Reaction) – 24 points
Ground Manipulation: Close Shapeable Area Environment 1 (Impede Movement [-1 rank]; Limited to squares in movement path, Reaction) – 2 points
Strong Swimmer: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to swimming), Swimming 2 (2 mph) – 4 points
Tough Body: Impervious Toughness 5, Protection 2 – 7 points

ADVANTAGES
Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Grab, Improved Hold

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (+0, +8 swimming), Perception 4 (+5, +9 visual)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+1
Acid Spittle +0 (Ranged, Damage 8 plus Affliction 8]
Blood Drain +3 (Close, Weaken 1)
Gibbering Area (Close, Affliction 3)
Unarmed +3 (Close, Damage 0)

DEFENSE
Dodge
2, Fortitude 7, Parry 4, Toughness 8, Will 5

Abilities 18 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 7 + Powers 87 + Skills 2 = 118 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
While a mouther can speak, they tend to do nothing more than gibber incoherently. They have no hands.
Power Loss: Impervious Toughness; not vs. bludgeoning weapons.
A gibbering mouther is a disgusting mass of eyes and drooling, biting mouths. These insane aberrations live only to feed and to create a noisesome cacophony that drives others to become insane as well.

A gibbering mouther appears to be an amorphous mass of flesh with multiple eyes and mouths. The mouths constantly gibber or droll an acidic spittle. This spittle softens the ground through which a gibbering mouther travels, leaving it muddy and slick.

These aberrations exist only to feed on the flesh and blood of others. A mouther with ungulate towards a living creature and engulf it within its amorphous body. The multiple mouths then drink of the blood of the unfortunate victim.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Giants, Gibbering Mouther)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:46 am

Ah, the gibbering mouther. Annoying my PCs for many, many years... :D

Happy holidays Prodigy Duck!
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Giants, Gibbering Mouther)

Post by MisterO » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:03 pm

Ah, one of the most disgusting of the D&D monsters. So the next monster is the (checks SRD) the Girallon, correct?

Out of curiosity are you going to do the Half-X creatures too?