The New FORCE Ops [IC: 8]: The World of Shadows

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The SHADOW of VIPER

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Two weeks and one day since the Ninja(!) invasion:

Today’s the day, the day that all of the repair work has been finished repairing the Anders Building’s uppermost levels that had been heavily damaged during the attack by Dr. Sin’s minions.

As you make your way off the elevator and through the different floors on your way to drop off your things back into your rooms it’s strange to see everything looking completely normal. Like nothing had ever happened to it at all, it’s a far cry from how it had been looking when you left two weeks ago. All the damage that had been done to the library, the 19th floor, the conference room has been erased: it’s all pristine and brand new. Granted all of the furniture is identical to what it replaced, overall it’s somewhat of an eerie experience walking back into your home and start to unpack your things that Ethan had replaced during your ‘time off’.

As your doing this Vivian’s voice comes across the communicator in your ears. “Alright sweeties, welcome home. I‘ve missed all of you dearly while you‘ve been gone but Ethan says that you‘ve got about two hours to get settled in and dressed in your ‘work clothes’ to go out. I‘ve no idea where, the boss is keeping that hush-hush for the moment, but he says it‘s important.” Her voice is that familiar friendly and warm tone that you’ve all gotten used to from her as well as sounding extra cheery now that everything is back to normal. “Susan, Ethan would like to see you in thirty minutes.”
OOC wrote:Alright gang, RPing time. Let's have some fun. :mrgreen:
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The New FORCE Ops [IC: 4]: The SHADOW of VIPER

Post by ClassDunce » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Dovetail: Susan West
HP: 1 Condition: Giving things a once over

Susan crouched down next to the footlocker that was left at the foot of her bed, she tugged on the lock and gave it a once over to be sure that it hadn’t been opened. She wiped her hand over where her name and serial number was painted on the front. She hadn’t felt comfortable leaving the chest here while she was staying somewhere else but now seeing that it was fine she turned her back to it and did a quick inventory of her room. A new laptop waited for her on her desk since the last one had been destroyed by Livewire during the fight, but all of her surveillance footage was still saved to burnable disks and fine so it wasn’t a huge loss just about nine hours worth of footage.

Her back stock of equipment was still there and if a worker had found the hidden cubbyhole that she had cut into the back wall of her closet then they didn’t do anything about it since the panic cash was still all there. She paused for a minute to adjust the corners on the sheets of her bed and that’s when Vivian’s friendly voice started broadcasting in her ear.
Vivian wrote:“Alright sweeties, welcome home. I‘ve missed all of you dearly while you‘ve been gone but Ethan says that you‘ve got about two hours to get settled in and dressed in your ‘work clothes’ to go out. I‘ve no idea where, the boss is keeping that hush-hush for the moment, but he says it‘s important.” Her voice is that familiar friendly and warm tone that you’ve all gotten used to from her as well as sounding extra cheery now that everything is back to normal. “Susan, Ethan would like to see you in thirty minutes.”
Susan clinched her jaw and spoke back, “I’ll be there.”

She then took her time getting into uniform, double checking everything to be sure that her boots were straight and that everything was where it should be in her belt. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and then pinned up to be sure that it didn’t fall into her eyes if it did come loose. She carried her helmet beneath her arm as she left her room, closing the door behind her, and headed towards Ethan’s newly built office. It was damned amazing what the construction crew had accomplished in two weeks, most buildings that she blew up stayed blown up.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:22 pm

K-9

Condition: here HP 1

K-9 re-entered the headquarters with mixed emotions. Certainly he was happy, he was back with his pack. On the other hand, the last two weeks had been...good. Well, good and bad. It felt good to be in his old territory working. Unfortunately, even with the dead man's aid, he hadn't gotten any further into his investigation into the missing street kids. Over a month now. A month of dead ends and people scared into silence. A month was a long time. Soon he was sure bodies would start turning up, unless the kids were being taken for forced labor or prostitution elsewhere or something. A month was a VERY long time on the streets.

He pushed open the door to his room and noted its' normal near vacant space. He smelled new paint, plaster, spray insulation, wiring...everything. Everything except him. He felt old. Tired. Frustrated. Closing the door again, he decided to go to the roof and look over the city...maybe the fresh air would shake his somber mood.

"K-9, you in lousy mood," He said to himself. "that what you get for spending free time with dead people."

starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot
Location: Springtucky Ohio [near the land of ink, just on the other side of reality.]

Post by starfoxx70 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Abaddon / Thomas Lee Alexander Jr.
H.P. = 2
Cond. = What is happening to me???

Tom looked around and noticed that Liz had been moved, she was now across from him. A plan started up in his head that would have to wait until the morning but it would be good. He knew that he should have been tired but he wasn’t. As Tom changed uniforms, he wondered how long a person could go with out sleep before they cracked. It had been what three, no almost five days since he had slept.

“Alright sweeties, welcome home. I‘ve missed all of you dearly while you‘ve been gone but Ethan says that you‘ve got about two hours to get settled in and dressed in your ‘work clothes’ to go out. I‘ve no idea where, the boss is keeping that hush-hush for the moment, but he says it‘s important.” Her voice is that familiar friendly and warm tone that you’ve all gotten used to from her as well as sounding extra cheery now that everything is back to normal.

Tom had three uniforms with one down, he better hit the laundry soon, or do what he did in college and buy new clothes.

He gave the “new” Kitchen a once over to make sure that everything was in it proper place. He also looked over the frig to make sure that would have enough food. Tom thought back on what he had to work with these last week and half. It stopped Tom in his tracks and he rubbed his eyes with one hand. It had been nice being able to go for over a week with out really using his powers. He decided to go to the Library and check on how long a person had gone with out sleep.

Once in the Library, Tom went over to one of the puters and went straight to Wikipedia. His first try was Sleep Disorder. That didn’t give him the results that he wanted but it put him on the right path. He spent the rest of the time trying to find out what was going on with him. At best, it was something new to do with his powers. At the worst, he was cracking up and would join Magnus, and Livewire at Albright.
This where anyone will find Tom for the last hour and half before the meeting.
All any one can be is the best you that you can be, can anyone Imagine trying to be me?

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:43 pm

H4ck
HP: 2
Condition: Peachy

Jason gave the building a nice once over in his own way; by teleporting to his 'memory sites' to make sure he still had them in place and if not to go to that area and make a new one.
On his way he spotted Tom inside the kitchen "'ello Tom." he said a second before teleporting to his next site, the Gym. He ran into Tom later in the library "'ello again Tom." he said before 'porting to the roof. Once at the roof he looked out at the city around the building and stretched "An tha is all o'them, except the conference room, but 'm neh goin te barge inte Dove an Ethan..." he waited the rest of the two hours just watching the people below...
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Mjollnir
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Mjollnir » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:58 pm

A moment to reflect ......

Standing on a pier observing the waves beating the shore line , Lou had decided he liked the ocean . The cool breeze, the smell of sea water mixing with the air . It was right out of those old movies he had also decided he liked . You know the ones , fast talking detectives wearing suits wooing the gangsters girl for information . Remembering how they had made such an impression thats all he seemed to own were these 3 piece nods to the black and white era of the silver screen crime fighters .

Turning to more current events he checked his watch noting the 2 hours till his new job assignment . Doing a mental check list wondering if he had need of anything else that was to be delivered to his new residence /place of employ . Beside the normal items such as clothes ,food , small fridge , mini bar , laptop ,television and assorted toiletries . He had considered buying a lot of steaks as a gift for what he was told was a dog/man in the group...... never having one of his own he had ran across a show on the television about a boy Timmy ,Tommy..? In any case he had decided 2 things . One he liked dog's . Two Timmy was either very unlucky and lived in a town that had to many employed Well diggers or what seemed more likely ,Timmy had a superpower which located Well's and teleported him to the very bottom of them . Turning to the city he placed his fedora atop his head and set off .......

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:06 am

Warshade
HP: 3 Salvage: 0
Condition: Undecided

Liz spent only a minute or two in her room before heading down to check out the workshop. She didn't think anything had been damaged in there but you never knew what could happen when electrical equipment got hit with an EM pulse. Plus there had been power work done, so she spent most of the two hours checking out equipment and doodling a design she had dreamt up.

Vivian's announcement made Liz a little uneasy. It would be her first official mission as Susan's second. Which was both good and bad. It was better than the inpromptu "battlefield promotion" she had gotten two weeks ago. But she hadn't spoken to either Tom or K-9 in those two weeks so she wasn't sure how they'd be with her. And Eve was still on medical leave so they'd be shorthanded as well. The nervousness prevented her from getting anywhere with her idea before the two hours were up.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:42 am

Dovetail: As you walk into the lobby area you notice that Vivian isn't at her desk which is a bit odd but given that everyone was moving back in today it was possible Vivian was doing some last minute checking on her new computer system.

When enter Ethan's office you find him working on one of several stacks of papers piled on his desk, which he only glances up from to greet you and motion you to the seat across from him as he finishes writing something out on the pages in front of him. After which he closes the folder and puts it away in one of his desk drawers and turns his attention to you. "So Susan, ready to get back to work now after the 'time off'?" There is a knowing smirk on Ethan's face as he asks the question, it's almost like he already knows the answer but is making a bit of small talk before getting down to buisness.

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:39 am

HP: 2 Condition: Good

Small talk made the area between Susan’s shoulder blades itch, that same feeling she always got when she had a gun on her. She chose not to reach back and scratch it. “I tried to stay busy during our break, at my age once the edges go blunt it takes longer and longer to get sharp again.”

She looked around the office, "Everything looks back in order. I really wasn't expecting it to be back to a hundred percent when we came back."

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 am

“I tried to stay busy during our break, at my age once the edges go blunt it takes longer and longer to get sharp again.”

Ethan nods at this. "Understandable, I know I spend a few hours a week at my range. The idea of losing the skills I worked hard to build just going to waste just doesn't sit right with me either."

Susan looked around the office, "Everything looks back in order. I really wasn't expecting it to be back to a hundred percent when we came back."

"The joys of having the kind of money needed to get those results, thankfully it was only certain floors that needed the most work. Mostly it was simply a case of replacing things, which is more easily done. Let's hope this isn't something that'll have to happen every few months, that might push my funds a bit."

Sensing that Susan was somewhat uncomfortable with the small talk Ethan changes the subject. "Alright, as I understand it there are some issues with Tom that need to be addressed. I've talked in general with everyone else over the break, so I've got a basic idea of what happened. Now I'd like to hear your take on it."

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 am

Susan mentally cringed at talking about the problems with Tom with her Superior Officer, she had always prized her ability to keep discipline problems insider any units she led within the unit. She bit her lip displaying a rare showing of doubt, “It’s kind of an extension of the same problems we’ve had with Tom since the beginning. No control over his impulses, doing what he wants when he wants regardless of what’s going on in front of him. I have no issue with a punk getting roughed up every once and a while but not when that punk is cooperating.”

She paused for moment before continuing, “That’s small fries though compared to the friendly fire. I can’t have that in field Ethan, the fight in the gym he was more of a danger to us than the Ninja were. It’s unacceptable.” She shook her head bitterly, “I understand what he was trying to do, and I understand that he’s just a kid but when he deafens every member of his own team and nearly knocks H4ck and Warshade out alongside the Ninja that he was attacking then I don’t care how many enemy combatants he takes down. It’s unacceptable. He doesn’t even accept that he did anything wrong.”

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:43 am

"The impluse control issues are mostly a secondary concern at this point, I'm hoping that the longer Tom's with the team that he'll grow out of that mentality. Part of his problem as I see it is that he's had his powers for a while, from early his early teens if I understand everything, and his own mother trained him in their use since he 'd inherited them from her. The problem is that a mother isn't the best person to train their own child and I think she thought he'd grow out of that behavior as he got older, but with his family being well off they've always stepped in somewhat to lessen the fallout of some of his actions in the past."

"That was part of the reason she supported Tom coming here: she realized Tom needed a wake up call. I know her from back in the old days and she'd heard I was looking to put a team together and wanted me to help....so as a favor to her I did."

"It's the stunts like what happened in the gym I'm more worried about. After things were all said and done Tom didn't stay at the hotel room I'd arranged. He got a place on his own to stay and sulk somewhat, which is one reason we're doing this now instead of then. Part of the problem is Tom is still adjusting to working with others who aren't anywhere near as physically resistant as he is. He's pretty much worked alone the whole of his short career before joining us."

"So you and I are in the spot of getting the fresh-from-school team member Susan: we've got to teach Tom there are certain attitudes and habits that aren't acceptable. Now I realize you've spoken to him a time or two about these matters and I stepped in last time he pulled some attitude on you in a meeting as I thought he was out of line. But clearly we need a different approach to make the point to Tom."

"Any suggestions you'd like to share? You're the one whose dealt with him the most in this regard so far."

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 am

Ethan wrote:Any suggestions you'd like to share? You're the one whose dealt with him the most in this regard so far."
“Cut the purse strings.” Was the first thing that escaped from her mouth before she could stop it so she decided that she might as well finish off the thought. “Talk to his mother and see if she will cut him off for a while. Force him to live on the wages that he earns, let him learn a little personal discipline.” She shrugged, “It might be a little extreme but in the long run it would be beneficial to him.”

She leaned back in her chair, “We need to teach him how to work as part of a team, every action he takes needs to be to help further the goals that the team needs to accomplish. I could start taking him out with me at nights but that might not be what he needs, I have to do things completely differently from the way he would do things. He needs a mentor but I don’t know if I’m the best person for that job. Unless you think learning how the gangs operate would be beneficial to him.”

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:01 pm

"I'll call her later tonight and see what I can get her to agree to, she can be stubborn at times, but I've got an idea on how to approach the subject with her." Ethan sits back in his seat for a moment considering some unspoken thought, "For now though I think I'll start the first step of getting Tom's attention until then."

Ethan reaches across his desk to what looked like an intercom and with a push of a select few buttons he activates it. "Tom, come to my office. I need to talk with you." Ethan then looks to Susan, "I take it you'd like to stay around for this? If not I understand, it'll be short, to the point and he's probably not going to like what I have to say."

-- Chiun

starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot
Location: Springtucky Ohio [near the land of ink, just on the other side of reality.]

Post by starfoxx70 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Abaddon / Thomas Lee Alexander Jr.
H.P. = 2
Cond. = Death March

"Tom, come to my office. I need to talk with you."
Tom was still looking up everything he could about sleep disorders, lack of sleep, and what could come of it. He heard Ethan, clicking the earwig “On my way.” There was a tone in Ethan’s voice. Dam, I had forgot all about what had gone down two weeks ago. Getting benched and drive by on the ninja or was that the gang hide out. Oh well he pretty much knew what was going to happen. Lots of yelling, lose of pay, and at worse loss of more pay, but if Ethan went through with what Niner said about calling his mother, that would be the worst possible thing.

While Tom had been slumming it as other would call it. He thought of it getting away so he didn’t have to wear his mask. It was like being in prison, he couldn’t go anywhere with wearing it, and even if he did then everyone was asking about Dovetail, Niner, La Rana, Magnus, Livewire. They even asked about the new guys, okay one guy and one gal.

Tom came to Ethan’s door and opened it and went in.

If Dove is still here then Tom says Hi to her and Ethan.
Tom took a seat and waited for the but chewing to begin.
All any one can be is the best you that you can be, can anyone Imagine trying to be me?

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs