Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Red Ghost, Red Guardian, Red Skull)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Hawk, Hellcat, Hellhound)

Post by death tribble » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:56 am

[RANT MODE ON]
What is it with the string demon or hellbound things ? They look awful ! They look like they can be snapped in half and are not frightening at all. Now take a look at the Angel TV series and The Beast from Series 4. That is terrifying and scary and that is what a demon should be. Or suave and sophisticated until ready to strike. The Hell Hound pic of old was a lot better
[RANT MODE OFF]

I'm going to have to hunt down and punish the people who commissioned that picture.
Dangerous when cute

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:39 am

death tribble wrote:[RANT MODE ON]
What is it with the string demon or hellbound things ? They look awful ! They look like they can be snapped in half and are not frightening at all. Now take a look at the Angel TV series and The Beast from Series 4. That is terrifying and scary and that is what a demon should be. Or suave and sophisticated until ready to strike. The Hell Hound pic of old was a lot better
[RANT MODE OFF]

I'm going to have to hunt down and punish the people who commissioned that picture.
That hellhound pic is from the Final Fantasy online game.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:47 am

HIPPOGRIFF (PL 4)

Strength
4, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 2, Intellect -4, Awareness 1, Presence -1

POWERS
Hippogriff Senses:
Senses 6 (Darkvision, Extended Vision, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Tracking [olfactory]) – 6 points
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defense included), Protection 1 – 10 points
Wings: Flight 5 (60 mph; Wings) – 5 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 2, Improved Initiative

SKILLS
Perception 4 (+5)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+6
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 4)

DEFENSE
Dodge
3, Fortitude 6, Parry 3, Toughness 4, Will 2

Abilities 0 + Advantages 3 + Defenses 10 + Powers 21 + Skills 2 = 36 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Hippogriffs are mute and have no hands.
Hippogriffs are chimeric magical beasts related to griffons. They are distinctly different from griffons, in that they also possess the physical characteristics of horses, rather than lions. In addition, hippogriffs possess the minds of animals, whereas griffons are intelligent.

Hippogriffs have the body of a horse, with the wings and head of a hawk. Their forelegs end in hawk-like talons, while their rear legs end in hooves. The average hippogriff is 9 feet long, with a wingspan of 20 feet, and weighs about 1,000 pounds.

Hippogriffs are extremely territorial and will attack any intruders in their realm. They are omnivorous, and have been known to eat anything they slay.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Hippogriff, Homunculus)

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:52 am

HOMUNCULUS (PL 4)

Strength
-1, Stamina --, Agility 2, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 1, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence -2

POWERS
Construct Senses:
Senses 3 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision) – 3 points
Construct Traits: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) – 30 points
Poisonous Bite: Affliction 3 (Fatigued / Exhausted / Asleep; Resisted by Fortitude; Linked to bite, Progressive) – 9 points
Telepathic Link: Senses 1 (Communication Link [to creator]) – 1 point
Tiny Body: Shrinking 8 (Innate, Permanent; +4 active defenses included), Protection 2 – 11 points
Wings: Flight 4 (30 mph; Wings) – 4 points

ADVANTAGES
Languages 0 (Common is native)

SKILLS
Perception 3 (+4), Stealth 3 (+13)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+2
Bite +1 (Close, Damage -1 plus Affliction 3)
Unarmed +1 (Close, Damage -1)

DEFENSE
Dodge
6, Fortitude Immune, Parry 5, Toughness 2, Will 1

Abilities -18 + Advantages 0 + Defenses 0 + Powers 58 + Skills 3 = 43 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Although they possess a telepathic link to their creator, a homunculus cannot verbally speak.
Homunculi are tiny constructs created by spellcasters to act as spies and servants. They are created through mysticism and alchemy, using the spellcaster’s own blood in the procedure. This blood-link provides a special bond between the homunculus and its creator. The construct is completely loyal to its master and can telepathically transmit anything it sees or hears back to its creator.

The appearance of a homunculus varies based on the will of its creator. Many homunculi appear to be a winged humanoid creature, similar to a gargoyle or tiny demon. Some spellcasters make their homunculi appear more human; vain mages even make these constructs look like themselves.

Creating a Homunculus
Creating a homunculus is a lengthy procedure involving creating the construct’s body from clay and ash and mixing it with the blood of the creator. This blood link allows the creator to see and hear everything the homunculus experiences. However, there is a drawback in that if the construct is slain, the creator suffers damage.

Create Homunculus: Summon Homunculus 3 (Active, Feedback, Heroic, Mental Link) – 10 points

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (NINJAS!)

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:21 am

NINJA (PL 7)

Strength
1, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 4,
Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 0

EQUIPMENT
Climbing Gear:
Enhanced Athletics 4 (Limited to Climbing) – 1 point
Ninja Suit: Enhanced Stealth 2 – 1 point
Weapons: Array (16 points)
Flash-Bang Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 4 (Impaired / Disabled / Unaware; Cumulative) – 16 points
Katana: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Improved Critical) – 1 point
Shuriken: Ranged Multifire Damage 1 – 1 point
Smoke Grenades: Ranged Cloud Area Visual Obscure 4 (Attack) – 1 point
+7 EPs of additional gear

ADVANTAGES
Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 5, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Skill Mastery 4 (Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Stealth), Startle, Tracking, Trance

SKILLS
Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 4 (+5, +9 climbing), Expertise (Assassin) 4 (+5), Expertise (Current Events) 2 (+3), Expertise (Streetwise) 2 (+3), Expertise (Tactics) 4 (+5), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 6 (+6), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 8 (+14), Technology 6 (+7), Treatment 4 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+4
Flash-Bang Grenade Area (Ranged, Affliction 4)
Katana +5 (Close, Damage 4/19-20)
Shuriken +4 (Ranged, Multifire Damage 1)
Unarmed +5 (Close, Damage 1)

DEFENSE
Dodge
8, Fortitude 3, Parry 6, Toughness 5 / 2*, Will 3
* flat-footed

Abilities 46 + Advantages 24 + Defenses 7 + Powers 0 + Skills 33 = 110 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Responsibility:
To ninja clan.

:idea: Starting off my new "Supporting Cast" section: NINJAS!

:idea: This ninja is fully trained in the art of assassination. He is careful, methodical, and perfect in the execution of his task. He usually has everything he needs to do what he must, but if he does not, he has a few Equipment Points extra to get what he needs.

:idea: This build is intened for a feudal era or street-level games.

death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Monsters and Ninjas)

Post by death tribble » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:30 pm

From the ridiculous to the sublime. That is the best picture of a Hippogriff that I have ever seen. Kudos.

And that homonculus looks familiar. Golden Voyage of Sinbad methinks. Great film and good use of the homonculus.
Dangerous when cute

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:24 pm

death tribble wrote:From the ridiculous to the sublime. That is the best picture of a Hippogriff that I have ever seen. Kudos.

And that homonculus looks familiar. Golden Voyage of Sinbad methinks. Great film and good use of the homonculus.
It is, indeed. It is my favorite reference for the homunculi.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:46 am

Like I said in my own thread- I love all the "not quite super-monster" flying mounts available to D&D characters. Pegasi, Hippogriffs, Gryphons, etc... all great stuff. And yeah, that Hippogriff picture is awesome, though I prefer ones with horse hooves on the back end.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:12 am

I hate you, Ancient Greek Mythology! HAAAATE YOOOUUU...!

HYDRA (PL 7)

Strength
8, Stamina 5, Agility 1, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 5, Intellect -4, Awareness 0, Presence -1

POWERS
Fast Healing:
Immortality 18 (not if all heads are severed and burned with fire), Regeneration 5 – 5 points
Fast Swimmer: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to Swimming), Swimming 2 (2 mph) – 4 points
Huge Body: Growth 8 (Innate, Permanent; -4 active defenses included), Protection 1 – 18 points
Hydra Heads: Summon 7 (Continuous, Heroic, Innate, Limited to Heads, Multiple Minions 3 [up to 8 heads], Sacrifice, Triggered [when a head is severed without applying fire to the wound], Uncontrolled) – 59 points
Hydra Senses: Senses 5 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Tracking [olfactory]) – 5 points

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (+6, +14 swimming), Perception 6 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+1
Unarmed +5 (Close, Damage 8]

DEFENSE
Dodge
2, Fortitude 10, Parry 7, Toughness 6, Will 2

Abilities -4 + Advantages 0 + Defenses 17 + Powers 91 + Skills 3 = 107 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Hydras are mute and have no hands.
Hydras are deadly creatures that dwell in fetid swamps and waterways. These creatures have huge bodies and a mass of serpentine heads. The Lernaean Hydra of legend possessed nine heads, but the hydras of a fantasy world can possess any number.

A hydra is an especially deadly monster, since every time a head is severed, two new ones grow in its place.
A hydra is not very intelligent, about as much so as an animal. They usually live alone in swamps, and are generally always the most dangerous predator in the area they inhabit.
The hydra of legend was a monster in every sense of the word. It was rumored to possess a variety of powers. Use the following Traits to modify the hydra and increase its capabilities.

Lernaean Hydra
The hydra of legend was extremely deadly. The creature was poisonous in every way. Its bite was poisonous; as was its blood. It could even breathe clouds of gas that were poisonous.
Lernaean Poison: Array (24 points)
Poisonous Bite: Weaken Stamina 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; Progressive) – 24 points
Poisonous Breath: Cloud Area Weaken Stamina 8 (Resisted by Fortitude) – 1 point
Poison Immunity: Immunity 1 (Poison) – 1 point

Pyrohydra
This variety of hydra can breathe jets of fire from each of its heads.
Fire Breath: Cone Area Damage 8 – 16 points
Fire Immunity: Immunity 5 (Fire Damage) – 5 points
Complications: Weakness (a pyrohydra is vulnerable to cold damage; additionally, their heads must be affected with cold damage when severed or they will regrow)

ADVANTAGES
The hydra can be given a number of extra Advantages that can improve the danger it represents. Use the following Advantages to increase the power of a hydra:
Daze (Intimidate)
Interpose
Set-Up
Startle
Takedown
Teamwork

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:42 am

Hydra Goons wrote:Hail HYDRA! Immortal HYDRA! We shall never be destroyed! Cut off one limb and two more shall take its place!
Prodigy, if you want to go an extra mile, the Lernaean Hydra was also supposed to have a immortal head, i.e. one that continued to bite and move no matter if it wasn't attached to body any longer.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:00 am

Woodclaw wrote:
Hydra Goons wrote:Hail HYDRA! Immortal HYDRA! We shall never be destroyed! Cut off one limb and two more shall take its place!
Prodigy, if you want to go an extra mile, the Lernaean Hydra was also supposed to have a immortal head, i.e. one that continued to bite and move no matter if it wasn't attached to body any longer.
It would be simple enought to add Immortality to the build.

Unbeliever
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by Unbeliever » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 am

Love the Hydra!

Silly question, though, why didn't you give it multiattack on its heads from the get-go? Right now, it doesn't look like there's anything about the creature mechanically that screams "I have multiple heads!" until you start lopping them off.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Unbeliever wrote:Love the Hydra!

Silly question, though, why didn't you give it multiattack on its heads from the get-go? Right now, it doesn't look like there's anything about the creature mechanically that screams "I have multiple heads!" until you start lopping them off.
The GM can start the Hydra with its Multiple Heads summon power aready active. This give the hydra multiple attacks in one round, up to the number of heads possessed by the hydra.

One of my GMs ran a M&M fantasy game using my old 2e hydra build; plus the creature had Interpose and Teamwork on it. That was a massive fight!

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:28 pm

GROOT, The Monster from Planet X (PL 15)

Strength 14, Stamina 12, Agility 3, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 4, Intellect 10, Awareness 6, Presence 9

POWERS
Absorb Wood:
Enhanced Growth 8 – 16 points
Body Armor: Impervious Toughness 6 – 6 points
Huge Size: Growth 8 (Innate, Permanent; -4 active defenses included) – 17 points
Plant Control: Array (40 points)
Animate Trees: Summon 5 (Active, Controlled, Multiple Minions 2) – 40 points
Entangle: Ranged Burst Area Entangle 13 (Medium [plants and wood]) – 1 point
Move Wood: Perception Range Move Objects 13 (Limited to wood) – 1 point
Project Thorns: Ranged Multifire Damage 4 (Accurate 2) – 1 point
Resist Fire: Immunity 6 (Fire Damage, Heat; Limited to half-effect) – 3 points
Space Flight: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3) – 6 points
Support Field: Immunity 10 (Life Support; Noticeable [yellow-glowing force field]) – 9 points

ADVANTAGES
Languages 1 (English [Planet X Common is native])

SKILLS
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+8), Expertise (Biology) 8 (+18), Expertise (Physics) 8 (+18), Perception 4 (+10)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+3
Entangle Area (Ranged, Affliction 13)
Thorns +5 (Ranged, Multifire Damage 4)
Unarmed +8 (Close, Damage 14)

DEFENSE
Dodge
3, Fortitude 12, Parry 4, Toughness 12 (Impervious 6), Will 14

Abilities 86 + Advantages 1 + Defenses 16 + Powers 99 + Skills 12 = 214 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Arrogant:
Groot is confident in his abilities, to the point of being smug and reckless. He will reveal his plans, if given the chance and won’t shy away from direct conflict.
Power Loss: Enhanced Growth; Groot must absorb tremendous amounts of wood to increase his size. This often takes several hours to perform.
Power Loss: Impervious Toughness; not vs. Fine-sized creatures.
Returning home from a party, Alice and Leslie Evans witnessed a strange glowing object crash on the outskirts of the small town in which they lived. Because it was late, they decided not to investigate. For the next few days, though, the weird occurrence plagued Leslie, despite his efforts to throw himself into his work as a research biologist.

Only when trees, fences, and other wooden objects began to disappear around town did Leslie give in to his suspicions and go out to investigate the crash site. In the forest, he discovered a glowing wooden giant, 20-ft. tall and shaped roughly like a huge tree. This monstrous creature was absorbing all the wood he could gather: the trees, the missing fence, barrels, brooms, and even doghouses. And with each bit of wood he absorbed, the creature grew larger.

Evans rushed to warn the town, but it wasn’t long before the alien, now 50-ft. tall, lumbered out of the forest. He announced himself as Groot, monarch of Planet X and overlord of all timber in the galaxy. The plan he had come to institute was simple, but astounding: Groot would command the nearby trees to form a wall around the town, then expand their roots to weave a net beneath it. When that root-net was complete, Groot would order the trees to carry the town into space, out of the solar system, and into the waiting labs on Planet X, where the earthlings would provide ample test subjects for the alien scientists.

Though Groot never revealed how he could make the trees fly into space, the power he exhibited over the local pines and oaks seemed to prove he wasn’t bluffing. Under the overlord’s command, the trees surrounded the town and their roots started to grow into a net. The town tried to stop Groot – with bullets and even fire – but nothing worked.

Fortunately, Evans thought to confront Groot with a less obvious weapon. Whereas bullets could not penetrate the alien’s bark and fire had no effect upon him whatsoever, the special termites Evans bred in his lab made short work of the 50-ft. tree. With Groot gone, the town hailed Evans as a hero and started the long process of cleaning up after the rampaging flora.
:idea: A monstrosity from classic Marvel comics.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Groot)

Post by scc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:24 pm

I liked how you did the Hydra build. I admit I wasn't sure how the power worked at first either. Thanks for explaining that. And Groot! Always love comic book monster builds. I admit I am not that familiar with him but have seen the pic before.