NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #5: Kibitz (IC)

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:49 am

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
Condition: call me....the NS elevator!
HP: 9

Jack picked the old man up as carefully as he could, making sure to have his passenger hold onto his oxygen tank tightly. He then kicked out the sliding glass door with a cloven foot and sprouted his wings again as he stepped out on the deck before telling the man to close his eyes.

The trip down was short and sweet as Jack placed his passenger with the one Viktor had already dropped off and made his way back to the apartment he’d left. Once back inside he dropped the wings again due to lack of room indoors and moved on to the next apartment, triggering his communicator while he moved. “Greystone here. 6B is cleared, moved out an old man on an oxygen tank. I’m back on the sixth floor and moving to check the next place.”

Again he put his hand against the door to make sure it wasn’t hot, indicating there was a fire behind. When he was sure it was safe Jack opened the door and let his sonar scope out the room.

OOC wrote:Jack‘s Search Check: (1d20+8=15).
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:26 pm

EVERYONE
It was some time later when Greystone stumbled upon an old woman who refused to let her photo albums go up in flames. Ultimately, the American had seized her and took flight out of the building. As he carried her, he was startled when two of the buildings exploded: the building Fiore's team advanced on and the building Vestige's team had attacked were little more than mounds of flaming rubble that the students emerged unscathed from.

All around him, the others continued to rescue as many as they could. Finally, a buzzer sounded and the flames froze.

Doctor Fischer emerged on the floor and signaled for all of the New Vindicators to gather around her. "As I said, each of you had the same building--the same hazards and the same civilians were in each. Team Fiore and Team Vestige were the only teams who failed to disable the utilities. After a certain amount of time, the fire was designed to reach the gas lines and end their runs on the building.

"Diamond Dust, Prodigy, Ursa, Fluxx and Eve each made disabling those utilities first a priority, earning them more time. Further, Candyman acted to put out fires that would only lead to structural damage, earning even more time for his team. It was likely this action which helped Team Fluxx rescue twenty-three out of the thirty lives placed in each building. I commend his team for a job well done." The woman led the faculty and students in applauding Fluxx, Eve, Candyman, Gae Bolg, Impasse and Greystone. "I would also like to commend Current for demanding his group consider the possibility that a villain awaited them inside and for insisting no one go in alone." Again, she led those present in applauding Current's team of Parabola, Prodigy, Ursa, Lluvia and Apex. "Further, Catalyst demonstrated a cool head under pressure and careful consideration of her team's strengths and weaknesses." The headmistress glared at Mildew. "Her teammates would be wise to heed her orders more carefully next time."

Again the students were applauded and the administrator gestured to the buildings. "There are a few lessons you can take from this: not everything in life will go exactly as planned. Sometimes, things that you don't expect or things that you're not prepared for will present themselves. I encourage each of you to examine how differently you could have performed here--consider dangers you would not have expected. Do your best to prepare yourselves... because you don't know when fire will strike and you don't know when we might place you in the same simulation again.

"You've all done very well here today. When you leave here, leave with your heads held high. You are all dismissed."

CANDYMAN
Ellen kissed Vlad good night and made her way towards her room. As the Romanian headed to his own bed, he could still taste cinnamon on his lips--a trait of her gloss. His shirt carried the aroma of cider and rose. It was the perfect end to the perfect evening.

Nothing could disturb his mood...

"Hello, Vladislav," a low voice said as he opened the door. Two golden orbs gazed at him from the darkness of his room. "My name is Lexus Rauf and I have an offer I doubt you'll soon pass up."
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #3: Skittles (IC)

Postby Arkrite » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:58 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy

Current shrugs, turning to his team, "Well, I thought we did a pretty good job of a bad situation. Probably misused you Apex, sorry about that. And I know you did more for holding that fire off than Imp did on his, Gaspar. Damn staff playing favorites again. Don't let it bother you."

He patted Gaspar on the shoulder, "And it looks like Ursa and Prodigy saved our asses from an explosion. As I, personally, do not like exploding I would have to say thanks."

"And, well, you and me kind of lost the power lottery on this one, Kirstie, but thanks for having my back."

"Now, tell me honestly people... does anybody else feel like swearing off beef jerky forever... or is it just me?"

He gives the people a goofy cross eyed look and coughs before he grins. Then he starts wiping the ash out of his hair with a soot covered hand.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Candyman
[Vladislav Radikovich]

Condition: sooty HP 3

It was a good exercise in Vlad's opinion. One of the best since they'd come to the school. No chasing villains. No brawling...the bawling amongst themselves, just saving lives. Okay...so it was the wreck room and no one was really in danger, but, these things worked best if you treated the simulation as real. To treat it like a joke was to ignore the lessons it could teach you about a real emergency.

Afterward he'd congratulated everyone on their efforts. Of course on Lex's team only Otso, Jason and Kirstie afforded him the least courtesy. Jason had seemed...distracted though. He really needed to make an effort to get to know Jason better. They were classmates and while they didn't have much, if anything in common, it was always good to have as positive a relationship as possible.

Then he walked ellen back to her room and kissed her goodnight. Afterward she insisted on doing the same for him. She offered up peculiar challenges to every notion of chivalry, archaic or modern, that a man might hold. She smelled good though. Tasted better. He felt so good, he was almost giddy. Vlad never thought a day would come when he felt giddy. It didn't last. He opened the door to his room to a feral neo-sapien waiting for him in the gloom.

"Hello Vladislav." The tailed, lion-like NS said. "My name is Lexus Rauf,I have an offer I doubt you'll soon pass up."

Vlad slid into his room and shut the door behind him. Ever since his meeting with Jack and Martin, where he had revealed his thoughts on Laputa and they had revealed theirs, he'd been waiting for a moment like this. The expelled student had been haunting campus like a ghost, appearing to Randy, Martin and Jack. Who knows? Perhaps he even spoke with Lex. Since Lex never spoke to him...just about him in disparaging terms, just barely loud enough to be heard, any insights Lex might have were beyond his ability to discover. Lex was not the issue though, Lexus was.

"Not to sound difficult, but, you're hardly the first person to believe such a thing. The others have been incorrect, but, I'm willing to listen Lexus. Do you mind if I turn on the light?"

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:24 pm

CANDYMAN
"I'm your guest, Vlad. You can do whatever you want..."

Once Vlad had turned on the light, Lexus pushed his coat's fur-trimmed hood back. "I'll dispense with the pleasantries and jump straight to the point: you want to bring down Lacuna and I can help that happen. I can bring you in with me.

"We can go undercover and cripple them from the inside."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Candyman
[Vladislav Radikovich]

Condition: troubled HP 3

Rubbing the back of his neck, Vlad looked at Lexus thoughtfully. Sighing, he knew there was no way around this but to dig for the truth. "Why me Lexus? Cornelis is already working with Laputa under the assumption you'll be endangered if he doesn't. According to reliable sources, both you and I are on the no kill list. The only person here who could be involved that loves you that much is Cornelis. Why would he have to worry about it, if you were both among Laputa's chessmen? Also, how would we manage to pass off the story of my recruitment? When my sister tried...I said some unsavory things to her...and insane or not, she is my family. I love her."

Then there was Ellen. If he did this, he could lose her. Then again, what did he tell Dr. Yavorshak? He always did what was necessary...no matter how hard.

"I am with you in principle Lexus, but, the plan needs to be a good one."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 pm

CANDYMAN
"Why you?" Lexus asked. "Likely for the same reason as 'why me?' Vlad, like me, you are already connected to two members of Laputa: Confectionery is your mother--your biological mother, I mean--and Tantivy is your adopted sister. Yes, it is likely that she will balk at your joining but there is not a person in the organization that is not convinced she is mentally unstable. Further, it is known that you two have a conflicted relationship. It is fully possible to integrate you into the group without fearing what she might say.

"What she might do? That will be a problem. Discrediting her will be nigh-impossible, Vlad: she may be insane but she's faithful to their cause.

"As for Cornelis... I think you misunderstand, Vlad. I'm on the protected list because my parents are both members--the same as your mother, Jack's father, Martin's mother, Jason's..." Lexus sighed. "I believe a history lesson is in order. I will try to be brief...

"You know about what happened in America, back in May? One of the Vindicators killed a presidential candidate and all sorts of hell broke loose. Think of how many Americans fled here, Vlad. You've seen the numbers branded in Jack's arm? Two Americans--two people who had seen the persecution first-hand--decided to try and do something about it.

"The Vindicators act as lapdogs to humans. They're in a position to make a change. The next time Iconoclast strikes, so do they. Imagine men and women garbed in black and white, carrying signs and forming picket lines outside UNO City. How fast do you think they would sign legislature criminalizing the discrimination of Neo-Sapiens?

"The Order of Chaos? They're mad dogs who need put down. The Affiliation?" He shrugged. "They plan too much. If they were more active--had a public face and wider recruitment--they would be impossible to deny. Moksha? It didn't work in 1979; what makes them think it will work this time?

"I'm not saying Laputa has the answer, Vlad--just trying to educate you to their philosophy. Essentially, these are all people who have experienced persecution first hand and are planning to take a stand and make a change. Their goal is world conquest, Vlad. Laputa wants to topple governments and install Neo-Sapien leaders. They're not planning on... on eradicating humanity just... keeping them from continuing to oppress our kind.

"After my expulsion last year, I was sent back to my parents. My grandfather had no inkling of what they were involved in, Vlad. Neither did I. At that time, Laputa was just beginning to get going. Erudite and Therianthrope had just fled from America to Europe and were gathering forces... Entiere, who had been created as a tool to combat Neo-Sapiens; Vociferation, who had been betrayed by his own country; your mother, who had been used and discarded by her homeland; my parents... radicals always in search of a cause to inflate their status...

"Laputa is structured like a chess board, Vlad. Eight members--each representing a piece. Each of them has an apprentice. Your sister works under the king--Jack's father. I, myself, am apprenticed to my father. Vlad, they have only seven apprentices total. My mother does not have one and they are... Well, they are looking. You must be aware that I've kept close to the school when I could--I've been trying to slip warnings when I could but... It's difficult to give your side information without being found out. Vlad, I know about your philosophies and your attempts to crush Laputa. I'd rather have a partner for the eighth than another zealot like your sister or Rheid...

"I know I've given you a lot to digest and... I don't expect an answer now. I'm not asking you to leave now, Vlad. I just ask that you keep this to yourself. Tell Ellen or Jack if you must but..." Lexus sighed. "I fear if Martin finds out about my offer, it could damn us both."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:20 pm

Candyman
[Vladislav Radikovich]

Condition: judas HP 3

Vlad looked at Lexus with a critical eye. If what the other boy was telling him were true, then Laputa did not come together as a well-oiled machine. No, there formation was initially one of desperation, haphazard. Not every member was the ideal candidate and they did not all trust one another. That was a little different than the perfect harmony and unity Martin's mother had described to him. It felt more...real. An honest assessment of how such an organization might come to be. Survival first. Ideals later when the first goal had been accomplished. then the search for individuals who might support the goals of the organization. Anarchists. Tyrants. Radicals, and at least one homicidal maniac.

"No. I won't tell Martin, Lexus. He is a good person and wants the best, but, he lacks subtlety, and he does not know when to try different tactics. As for Ellen and Jack...I'd best not see them before I go. They would disapprove."

Reaching into the closet and pulling out his locking briefcase, Vlad slapped a piece of tape across it and with a permanent marker wrote Jack's name.

"I need to have this delivered to Jack, but, not until I'm gone. I'll be right back."

Walking through the building, Vlad made his way to Vestiges' room and knocked on the door. When Beatrice opened it, he shoved the briefcase into her hands and said simply; "Jack. Demain."

Then he left the girl to ponder what she might. Jack would break the briefcase open and find all his notes. He would figure it out. When Vlad had the chance he'd be in touch, but, the longer Lexus stayed, the greater chance he'd be noticed. the more students he contacted, the greater chance he'd be caught. This was Vlad's chance to get inside Laputa...he wasn't about to pass it up.

Once he got back to his room, he shifted to his candy form. "The time is now. Lead the way." With that, he followed his new co-conspirator into the night.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:36 am

CANDYMAN
Lexus nodded as Vlad made preparations to leave. "You know that if you simply disappear, these people will never stop looking for you. That was why they didn't capture Alina: unless they left her, this entire school would not have stopped hunting. We need to get a message to the headmaster to tell them you have defected--something to keep your friends from thinking you were abducted.

"I have had to move carefully each time I came here: I have a message for Emily, for instance, but fear if I appear before her, she would disable me telepathically and then I would be the school's prisoner. All the work I have done to destroy Laputa from the inside would be shattered.

"Before we go, we need to tell someone that you have joined. It has to come from you, least they suspect I abducted you...

"Have you any ideas?"

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:11 am

Candyman
[Vladislav Radikovich]

Condition: Dear John HP 3

Vlad nodded. Lexus' reasoning was solid. And the repercussions of his classmates looking for him were something he didn't want to face. No one should die unnecessarily. After a moments' thought an ironic smile curled his lips. "I know exactly who to inform. Listen, I don't need to speak with anyone in person. Beatrice will be able to confirm that I dropped off whatever note required and there are some responsibilities I've taken on that few would understand the reasons for, but someone might. It also just happens to be someone who believes that I am exactly the type of person who would join Laputa."

Vlad sat at his desk and pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote his letter.

Lex,

I have left to join Laputa. As Dr. Yavorshak would tell you, I am entirely too sane in my responses to what happens here. Looking at the events of the past month or so from a completely pragmatic perspective, the only way I can pursue the goal of NS acceptance and equality the way I see fit is from within the ranks of Erudite's organization. Do NOT come looking for me. I have not been abducted, nor infected by Lacuna, I simply am doing what needs to be done.

You may be curious as to why I'm writing this to you as opposed to Ellen or Jack. I assure you there is a very good reason. With this letter I am enclosing the postal address for the Amanar family in Romania. After Alina's murder, I have been sending money to them. Alina was a good daughter. Her family was poor and she sent the bulk of her monthly stipend to them to help support them. While I haven't been able to go that far, I have sent a full 40% of mine. The school took over where she left off, so they actually received more money than previously, but, I doubt Laputa will see supporting her family as a worthy goal, so I bequeath that responsibility to you until I may assume it again.

I know you believe the worst of me, and perhaps I am worthy of that loathing, but, I do not wish you ill. Best of luck with your life Lex, and please tell Ellen I love her.

Vladislav

Grabbing a second sheet of paper, he writes down Alina's family's information, fold the two together and tucks it in an envelope. "No one at this school dislikes me so passionately or would argue that I would indeed run away the way Lex will. They'll get Beatrice to confirm that it was me that left this on his door, and everything will be settled. I will have turned coat. Many will believe. Jack will figure out the truth of the matter. It is enough I think."

Standing, he holds the message up. "Once again, I'll be back...then we really must be going."

Once more, he hoped for the last time, Vlad walked through the halls of the academy to leave a farewell of sorts. Porducing the tiniest gob of sugar, he stuck the envelope to the door to Alex's room. Then he hurried back to his own. Slipping back in, he looked at Lexus.

"It must be now Lexus. Now, or not at all. Lead the way."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:58 pm

CANDYMAN
Vlad followed Lexus out of the school and into the darkness...

GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby GPrime » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Catalyst
After they are dismissed, Emily seeks out Juosaz.
"I... I'm sorry." She says when she finds him. "I didn't have all the information, and I jumped to conclusions, and I'm sorry." She bites her lip. "I don't expect you to forgive me. I just wanted you to know I'm sorry."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:15 am

EMILY
Juozas rolled his eyes at her. "You know, last night I told you that you didn't know the whole story. You told me the whole story didn't matter--that my actions were enough." The Lithuanian shook his head and walked away. "Why should that have changed, right?"

Michuru81 wrote:Emily has a propensity for going for the last word so... go ahead and have it. :-p Juozas will just keep walking and will begin to ignore Emily while following Catalyst. Unless Emi wants to read/control his mind, we'll stick with that.

On that note, my intention is to end the session here. I'm handing out two power points this time around. The extra is sort of an apology on my part: my intention was to build up the esteem of the cast and, in some cases (Martin, Viktor, Jason, Vlad, Emily) I did just the opposite. In short, I failed to do what I set out to do with the last session: uplift the PCs spirits.

In any case, let's move on, shall we? :)

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:15 am

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #6: Patzer's Game

2008 October 13
Monday

Eight days had passed since the New Vindicators Academy of Europe awoke and found one of their own gone. Eight days had passed since Beatrice had given Jack the suitcase. Eight days had passed since Lex had found the letter affixed to his door.

Eight days had passed and still, there was no word from Vladislav Radikovich.

JACK
Monday greeted Jack. Classes had resumed the day after Vlad had disappeared. Ellen had not shown for half of her classes. With Isaac Newton's departure from the school, his daughter Anne had been withdrawn, leaving Ellen as the only girl left in her class. Without Vlad, she had no one now...

No one but Jack.

Further complicating things, Jack had the sinking suspicion that Kirstie was avoiding him. She smiled when they saw each other, but there was always an excuse--usually one uttered at the speed of light--for why she couldn't stay and chat. Was it because of Ellen? Did Kirstie see how clingy her countryman had become and backed off Jack out of some sort of presumption that they were now together? Or was her avoidance due to the usual suspect?

Monday greeted Jack and before the sun had risen, Ellen was knocking on his door. "Jack?" she asked softly. "Are you awake?"

LEX
It was while he was eating his breakfast that Missus Nelson--Tatjana's mother and Doctor Fischer's assistant--came to request Lex stop by the headmistress' office when he had a chance. When he arrived, the American woman cut right to the point: "I'm going to ask you to fulfill one of your duties as prefect: we have a new student enrolling today and I would like you to show him around.

"His name is Kasimir Flaegler. He'll be joining your class and... I was hoping you could help him acclimate with your peers. What do you say, Alexander?"

EMILY and JASON
Emily Adler, Eve Robbins and Jason Lamperogue stood before Mister McClanahan. "And that's dui tempo," he said. Last week, they had started to learn tempo schermistico--an important aspect of Italian fencing--from the man. They had started with stesso tempo--single time--and had now moved on to double time. "Very nice," he said. "You're all dismissed for today..."

OTSO
Captain Nelson brought the plane down on snow-covered plain and looked back over the small crew that had come with him on this flight. Doctor Stephanie Yavorshak looked out of place wearing the Vindicators uniform, but it provided that minute degree of protection she might need if things turned violent. Diamond Dust and Warder had come with them: Warder had figured out what the therapist and Ursa had been up to and he had let it slip to Diamond Dust.

Their options were to bring them or risk them telling the faculty about their trip. "This is it," Captain Nelson said as he grudgingly climbed from his seat. "This is Moksha..." He looked to Ursa determinedly. "Are you ready to go find your dad?"

MARTIN
As Martin made his way to the headmistress' office, Missus Nelson smiled at him. It had only been a little more than a week since Doctor Yavorshak had arrived. She had made a diagnosis of Tatjana and was seeing his girlfriend more frequently than he was. Still, there had been a noticeable improvement in her mental health: granted, her sleep cycles were erratic and she missed a lot of class, but she was on the road to improvement.

It was ironic that she was on the rebound, considering what the revelation of the Curie family's origins had done to Martin...

When Martin was ushered into to see the headmistress, Doctor Fischer wasted no time in telling him why she had summoned him: "I have a mission for you," she said as she pushed a manila folder to him. Inside was nothing but a photograph of a young man, a map of Australian with a city--Torquay, Victoria--circled, and a criminal record.

Criminal Record wrote:Real Name: Unknown
Known Aliases: Larrikin
Height / Weight: 178 cm / 72.5 kg
Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Blue

It only went on to describe a few accounts of shoplifting and evading arrest. "This Larrikin is a boy your age, Martin. He's also a known Neo-Sapien. I've purposefully redacted any mention of the nature of his abilities from his record. Know this: he is not dangerous and has yet to harm anyone in the course of his criminal spree. Our purpose here is not to throw you to the wolves but--much like the fire exercise in the Wreck Room--to see how you react to surprise.

"You may assemble a team of three to perform under your direction in the field. You may use any sophomore and freshman as you see fit. Further, you will be allowed to request which Vindicator accompanies your group... in the unlikely event that your group needs to call on them for aid.

"Are their any questions?"

VIKTOR
The Spaniard emerged from his room and made his way down the hall. As he neared, Mira's door opened and the Englishwoman stumbled out. She immediately blushed at the sight of him. "Good morning," she said with a dopey smile.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #6: Patzer's Game (IC)

Postby Tattooedman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:59 am

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]

“Dammit Vlad.”

It hadn’t been the first time those words had came out of Jack’s mouth, if he had to hazard a guess that number would be somewhere near triple digits. Gone without a word, to him or Ellen. Which combined with the briefcase Beatrice had given to Jack with a translation from Otso as to how she’d come into possession of it told Jack that his friend would be gone for a long time. When Jack had finally gotten the thing open what he found was more of a surprise and confirmed what he‘d already been thinking: all of Vlad’s notes on Laputa. Jack knew that Vlad would only part with them knowing he’d not be around to use them and now it up to the American to make use of them.

It hadn’t been easy either. Jack never considered himself much of a thinker, he was more of a action kind of guy, Vlad had been the thinker. Now he was trusting in Jack to pick up the slack he was leaving, cause god only knows few others at the school were. So the American tried, he owed Vlad that much. Much of his free time had been spent pouring over the pages that had been in the case, especially the time that had normally been spent in the Wreck Room. Jack felt little desire to continue the morning routine they had developed but he still woke up almost every morning at that usual time, so he spent it trying to learn as much as he could. The most important parts were from when he, Vlad, Viktor and Martin had sat down and shared what they knew about the group who seemed to be for the most part related to many of the students here at the school.

Granted neither he nor Viktor knew much, both Vlad and Martin had found out more than they had by leaps and bounds. Some of it angered Jack, like finding out Dale was one of the two big leaders of Laptua, that was a bitter pill to swallow. In the end though it was just another reason for Jack to hate his father, not the best in his mind but it came close. Other parts were more interesting, like how there was an teacher-student style to the way they operated. It made Jack wonder if any thought had been given to trying to reach out to him or if Dale had known what his answer would be. With a frustrated shake of his head, the tattooed American put all the papers back in the briefcase and put it back in it’s resting place: the back of his closet, hidden under a wad of worn clothing. At this point Jack felt he knew the information the pages held as good as he was going to get, he could destroy them and be able to re-write them with little trouble.

He still had to try and manage another day at this place alone. Kirstie hadn’t really given him the time of day since they’d had that date at the amusement park, every time he’d tried to talk with her the British girl had an excuse almost immediately springing out as to why she had to go. Jack wondered if he had only been a passing interest to her, an interesting distraction at best. Or had she done it simply to see what he’d say then share it with Alex for a good laugh between them? At this point Jack had enough on his mind and didn’t need the distraction to be honest and made up his mind to leave it to her to make the next move, if she would at all. He was still struggling with what to say to Ellen, mostly he’d just given her space but she seemed to seek him out. Trying to sort out her own feelings about Vlad’s leaving. It was all kinds of awkward between them, Ellen seemed unsure of what she wanted from Jack and he was unsure what he could say to her. So he simply let it go on in it’s uncomfortable way and distracted himself with going over the papers.

Jack put out the remains of the cigarette he’d been smoking in the almost filled makeshift ashtray, he knew at some point the teachers were going to start cracking down on him for it. He wasn’t supposed to be doing that inside the building, let alone at all. But when you’ve already got that bad habit it’s harder than hell to break and he didn’t feel like going through the school and putting up with the looks, glances and whispered comments of the other students. It reminded him of just after the Blitz and the trip to K-Town and how they’d given him the same treatment then too, except for Vlad. That was when they had first became friends, been there for each other to talk with. Vent frustrations about whatever or whoever was pissing them off, or to simply talk about whatever. The things that friends always end up talking about to simply fill the space and time shared.

“Dammit Vlad.”

It was at this point that someone knocked on his door, then Ellen’s voice came through it.

Jack ran a hand through his hair as he sighed. This was different, she’d not shown up this early before. “Yeah, hang on.” He stood up, grabbing a nearby t-shirt and pulled it on to go along with the worn jeans he was already wearing. Jack opened his door, gesturing for the girl to enter the room. “Hey Ellen, what‘s up?”
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Return to “M&M Game Room”