NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

Post by McGuffin » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:39 am

Wait, what the heck?!

Also, the video failed to load for me. Something about copyright issues :\
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:46 am

McGuffin wrote:Wait, what the heck?!

Also, the video failed to load for me. Something about copyright issues :\
Well, poopy. :( So much for subtly hinting at what's going on. Stupid Youtube...
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:44 pm

That was a great scene with Otso. Neat and fairly unexpected. Also I find it amusing that Vlad is now doing the coolest thing the character has ever done, but, he had to become an NPC to do it. It's kinda sad to see Ellen display so little faith in Vlad...it's also kinda sad she's probably right. C'est la guerre.

Viktor Junior. :lol:

GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by GPrime » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Too bad Martin can only pick Sophomores and Freshmen for your team, since Torquay is less than fifteen minutes away from my house. Inside information is awesome :D

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:24 pm

GPrime wrote:Too bad Martin can only pick Sophomores and Freshmen for your team, since Torquay is less than fifteen minutes away from my house. Inside information is awesome :D
LOL Really? Wow... I picked it because its apparently one of the best surf spots in Oz. Does it hold up?

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:26 pm

GPrime> There's a map of the school here or you can find the link on the very first page of this thread.

Always useful for things like tours you might be doing ;~)

GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by GPrime » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Arkrite wrote:GPrime> There's a map of the school here or you can find the link on the very first page of this thread.

Always useful for things like tours you might be doing ;~)
I knew there was a map somewhere, but it was also 7am, and I didn't sleep last night, so I just couldn't be bothered looking :D
Michuru81 wrote:
GPrime wrote:Too bad Martin can only pick Sophomores and Freshmen for your team, since Torquay is less than fifteen minutes away from my house. Inside information is awesome :D
LOL Really? Wow... I picked it because its apparently one of the best surf spots in Oz. Does it hold up?
I'm not a surfer, but the few I do know love going down there, so I guess it holds up. There's always a heap of them at the main beaches. But yeah, I live in Geelong, which is the nearest major city (well, we claim it's a city. there's only 200,000 people here, but it counts :D).

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:33 pm

I finally managed to figure out how to spend those 2pp Mich was so kind to give to us. I used them to up some skills for Jack, increased his art skill, Stealth & added German to his languages.

From now on it's all attributes & feats for Jack and only a bit of Intimidate improvement. :D
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Michuru81 wrote:
I'm not a surfer, but the few I do know love going down there, so I guess it holds up. There's always a heap of them at the main beaches. But yeah, I live in Geelong, which is the nearest major city (well, we claim it's a city. there's only 200,000 people here, but it counts :D).[/quote]

Only 200,000 and you feel the need to claim it as a city?

When I live Central Illinois to traverse the Midwest, I tell people I'm from Peoria, rather than my hometown of Pekin. According to the 2010 census, Peoria had roughly 115,000 people (as opposed to Pekin which sports around 30,000). Pekinites consider Peoria a big city...

To be fair, though, the Peoria Metropolitan Area runs upwards towards 370,000, making it the third largest metropolitan area in the state after Chicago and Rockford.

I digress though: as far as picking a city for Larrikin to inhabit, I Googled "awesome places to surf in Australia" and got this. The first two places listed where in Sydney which... seemed a little too convenient. Torquay, on the other hand, sounded more real. That "Historically and spiritually, Bells Beach is the home of Australian surfing ..." helped cement it too.

GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by GPrime » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:00 pm

You made the right call. Victoria is superior to New South Wales in every possible way. (Just a little state rivalry there :D)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Okay, since for better or worse the switch has been made...here's Kas:

Magnitude

PL 8 132PP

Identity: Kasimir Flaegler
Nationality: German
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Milky White (formerly Blue)

Abilities-

Strength 10 (+0) Dexterity 16 (+3) Constitution 14 (+2) Intelligence 12 (+1) Wisdom 14 (+2) Charsima 14 (+2)

Saves-

Toughness 10 (Con 2+ Force Field 8 ) Fortitude 6 (Base 4+ Con 2) Reflex 7 (Base 4+ Dex 3) Will 7 (Base 5+ Wis 2)

Skills-

Bluff 10(+12), Concentration 10(+12), Diplomacy 6(+8), Gather Information 6(+8), KS:Civics 4(+5), Language 4 (Native: German, plus English, French, Braille, Arabic), Notice 8(+10), Sense Motive 4(+6)

Feats-

Attack Focus(Ranged) 5, Dodge Focus 3, Equipment 1, Leadership, Luck 2, Precise Shot 2, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge(Mental)

Powers-

Flight 5

Force Field 8 Extra: Impervious (5 ranks)

Gravity Control 8 (Targeted AoE) Extra: Selective PF: Environmental Adaptation High & Low G.
AP: Gravity Blast 8 Extra: Penetrating
AP: Snare 8 Extra: Regenerating
AP: Telekinesis 8 Extra: Damaging
AP: Flight 5 Extras: Affects Others, Area: Burst PF: Selective

Super-Senses: Spatial Awareness, Acute PF: Extended 1

Combat-

Initiative +3
Defense 16 (Base 3+ D.F.3) FF 11
Attack 3, Melee +3, Ranged +8
Grapple +3
Knockback -5

Drawbacks & Complications-
Pejudice (Neo-Sapien)
Reputation (Vienna's dedicated hero)
Reputation (Serious. So very, very serious.)
Motivation (Doing good)
Blind (Very Common, Minor, compensatory senses) 3pt

Equipment- Vindicators Uniform (Comm-link, Immunity[Cold, Low-Pressure], Rebreather, GPS) 5ep

Totals-

Abilities 20+ Saves 13+ Skills 13+ Feats 16+ Powers 58+ Combat 12- Drawbacks 3+ PP 11= 132PP

He started out wi th 4 PP awarded, because he got to take advantage of Vlad's performance from the previous episode.
Last edited by Horsenhero on Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:12 am

Two things here that catch my attention.

1). That's a nice build HH!

2). The new guy asking Lex who he should watch out for in the school= Jack's screwed from the start! :lol:
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks on the props for the build T-man. I wanted to build a nice "move objects guy", since that was one niche not covered, and my big issue with Vlad was that he didn't have a unique place in the power scheme. I love his character, but, his powers were underwhelming. Also, I wanted to make someone who was designed as more of a natural leader than Vlad, since often, I've noticed my characters tend to be pretty proactive...even the dog.

Second... Lex is his first contact at the school. At least the initial things he learns are going to be colored by Lex's perspective. By temperment though, Kas intends to follow his mother into law/politics, so he's not likely to form too strong an opinion until he gets to know people. Besides...Jack is going to be too busy "comforting" Ellen to stir up trouble. :wink:

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:44 am

It also leds back into the amusing sidelines of "Lex thinks Jack's a murderous self absorbed no goodnick" and "Jack thinks Lex is actively out to get him & Vlad"

Neither of which is as correct as they'd like to believe ;~)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:04 am

So very true. Lex had the opportunity to completely throw Jack under the bus and passed on it. If Lex isn't careful, he's gonna really start displaying those leadership qualities that Sir Isaac saw in him. :wink: