Gilliam's Builds [2E]

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Gilliam's Builds [2E]

Postby Gilliam » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:38 pm

INDEX

Original Builds
Alvo
Beefeater
Bengal (3rd Edition Build)
Big Ben
Black Pearl
Bran
Brutus the Brute
Captain Good
Charlie
Conquistador
Crimson Tornado
Dendam
Dough Man PL08
Dough Man PL10
Finder
Flying Brick (First Build)
Goshawk
Hercules
Hunter
Ignis
Jackie Frost
Jesse Flewelling
Johnny Bravo --- Revised Build
The Knitter
Lady Killigrew
Laird Rob
Libra
Mahuika
May the Eternal Warrior
Mellt
Minerva
Miss Hurricane
Miss Magic
Mouse
Nightbird --- PL 10 Version
Osprey
Power Punch
Red Jacques
Regina
Rumble
Sabriel
The Sadist
Sagittarius
Saint Helen
Sawbones
Scrap
The Shadow (Aerlwyn)
The Shield
The Silver Hawke
Skids
Slugger
Sonnet
Southpaw
Speedy Gee
Stretchy
Stunner --- PL 10 Version
The Sydekick
Taheka
Thorn
Tiger Lilly
Valiant
Velvet
Wildcat
Witchrot
Wookie
Xiphos
Zephyr

Cartoons / Movies
Ben 10 (Ben 10)
Bengali (Thunder Cats)
Brain (Inspector Gadget)
Charmcaster (Ben10)
Cheetara (Thunder Cats)
Daphne Blake (Scooby Doo)
Doctor Drakken (Kim Possible)
Fred Jones (Scooby Doo)
Generator Rex (Generator Rex)
Gwen Tennyson (Ben 10)
Hanna Heller (Hanna the Movie)
Inspector Gadget (Inspector Gadget)
Julie Yamamoto (Ben10)
Kevin Levin (Ben 10)
Kim Possible (Kim Possible)
Lion-O (ThunderCats)
Lynx-O (ThunderCats)
Mecha Sally (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Mumm-Ra (ThunderCats)
Panthro (Thundercats)
Penny (Inspector Gadget)
Princess Celestia (My Little Pony)
Princess Luna (MLP)
Pumyra (ThunderCats)
Sally Acorn (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Sapphire (Sapphire and Steel)
Scooby Doo (Scooby Doo)
Shaggy Rogers (Scooby Doo)
Shego (Kim Possible)
Snarf (Thundercats)
Steel (Sapphire and Steel)
Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony)
Tygra (Thundercats)
V (V for Vendetta)
Vilgax (Ben 10)
Velma Dinkley (Scooby Doo)
WilyKat (Thundercats)
WilyKit (Thundercats)

Ben 10 Alien Builds
Alien X
Big Chill
Chromastone
Humungosaur
Jetray
Lodestar
Rath
Swampfire
Way Big

Other Builds
Indiana Jones
Lara Croft
Lothar of the Seven Nations
Mandrake the Magician
The Phantom
Tarzan

Freedom City Builds
Annabeth **
Chaingang **
Doc Abattoir
Gepetto
Hotstuff **
Ms Malice
Remlok the Rover
Silverback
Sir Razor
Subject Nine
Verman

** Original Build for Freedom City

DC & Marvel Comic Builds
American Crusader (Nedor Comics) (SMASH)
American Eagle (Nedor Comics) (SMASH)
Batman (DC)
Fighting Spirit (SMASH)
Flamebird (DC)
Golden Girl (Marvel) (Kid Commandos)
The Green Ghost (Nedor Comics) (SMASH)
Grim Reaper (Nedor Comics) (SMASH)
Human Top (Marvel) (Kid Commandos)
Jesse Quick (DC) (JSA)
Merry, The Girl of 1000 Gimmicks (DC)
Misfit (DC) (Birds of Prey)
Miss America (DC)
Miss Masque (Nedor Comics) (SMASH)
Pyroman (Nedor Comics) (SMASH)
Star Spangled Kid (DC)
Stripesy (DC)
Squire (DC)
Wildfire (Quality Comics)
Woman In Red (Nedor Comics) (SMASH)
Wonder Woman {DC}

Test Fights
Osprey vs Johnny Bravo

Okay I have moved my first build to page 2 to make room for an index as I hope to post more builds as I become more confident in putting them together. I am using the Open Office Character Builder to create these characters.

All these builds are second edition and use a number of the optional rules from Ultimate Power including its options for building Arrays and Dynamic Arrays..
Last edited by Gilliam on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:18 am, edited 159 times in total.

Emmerlaus
Hireling
Hireling

Re: New Character

Postby Emmerlaus » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Very good!!! :)

I only have a few pointers, all resumed in one word: Skills

- I would give medecine to a character who have at least 4 rank in Knowledge (life sciences)... It isnt fitting otherwise. And without tools, it wouldnt be useful anyway

- Knowledge (currents events)... How can does he get the knowledge? With Gather Information, he listen TV???? If he does lisen TV, I woulndt give him more then 5 ranks, not everything is announced there and I would add some other knowledge with it.

- Sense Motive would be useful to counter interaction skills... or maybe more Acrobatic. Or maybe more rank in Rage feat. If you want o give him a unique aspect of your brick, why not give him a signature feat? Like maybe Untapped Potential or Equipement? Like a armored Jumpsuit, who would give you a few point to make a Impervious Toughness 3 ? Or the interpose feat? mmovable ranks would be nice too...

- A flying brick seem too much like a Paragon then a brick to me... Maybe gave him ranks in Leaping instead? But its just me maybe... Its just Flight is really popular and not every superheros have it, its fun to create something different.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:43 am

Thanks for the quick reply Emmerlaus.

My thoughts about the medicine was that it reflected someone who had a first aid certificate but after taking a closer look at the manual I can see what you mean. And the knowledge is far too high.

I had considered having imperivous toughness but wasn't sure how to fit it in. Another question is Imperivous Toughness the same as Imperivous Protection and if so do ranks in Imprevious Toughness/Protection cost 2 points each?

I will keep playing, so many different options.

Emmerlaus
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Emmerlaus » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:04 am

Consider your Enhanced Constitution 10. Your are making impervious the bonus they gave, so +5... If you wanted to make it all Impervious, you would have to pay 5 points for that. Im not a expert on Impervious protection however, Im not familiar with the rule, so I might be wrong...

And for a name like The Mighty Brick, have you consider the Density power? It would have everything that you need in one power. :)

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Emmerlaus wrote:Consider your Enhanced Constitution 10. Your are making impervious the bonus they gave, so +5... If you wanted to make it all Impervious, you would have to pay 5 points for that. Im not a expert on Impervious protection however, Im not familiar with the rule, so I might be wrong...

And for a name like The Mighty Brick, have you consider the Density power? It would have everything that you need in one power. :)

Impervious Toughness is an Extra , which is essentially tacked on to your Constitution bonus. Which is why it only costs 1 pp per rank. Hope that answers your question. :)

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:26 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:
Emmerlaus wrote:Consider your Enhanced Constitution 10. Your are making impervious the bonus they gave, so +5... If you wanted to make it all Impervious, you would have to pay 5 points for that. Im not a expert on Impervious protection however, Im not familiar with the rule, so I might be wrong...

Impervious Toughness is an Extra , which is essentially tacked on to your Constitution bonus. Which is why it only costs 1 pp per rank. Hope that answers your question. :)

Many thanks that now makes sense about the Imprevious option and lets see 3 ranks of Density also gives Immovable as well as Imprevious Protection hmmm

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:16 am

Well is Density "right" for your character? Remember there are drawbacks to a power such as this. You will weigh an incredible amount. Hero's who are super dense may also feel roug/coarse to the touch. And don't be afraid to play with the inherent powers of density, they can be up'd seperately from actually buying ranks in Density giving you some flexibility when needed.

Density broken down is essentially this:
  • Protection (Impervious)
  • Immovable
  • Super Strength
  • Enhanced Strength
All these effects are staged at increments to keep the cost of density from being too high.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:32 pm

And here is attempt number 2.

DOUGH MAN
Paragon
"Try these buns of steel"
Identity: Secret ID

APPEARANCE
Size: Medium
Height: 5'10”
Weight: 386
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Hazel

Stocky build

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 8
Power Points: 120

ABILITIES
STR: 26 (+8/+1)
DEX: 20 (+5/+0)
CON: 18 (+4/+0)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 10 (+0)

COMBAT
Attack 4 (Melee 7, Ranged 4) [Unarmed +8 (Bruise)]
Defense 5 (3 flat-footed)
Initiative 9

SAVES
Toughness 6 (6 flat-footed)
Fortitude 8
Reflex 9
Will 7

SKILLS
Acrobatics 5 (+10); Gather Info 5 (+5); Knowledge [Current Events 4 (+5), Popular Culture 4 (+5)];
Notice 4 (+6); Search 3 (+4); Sense Motive 5 (+7);

LANGUAGES
English, Spanish, Japanese

FEATS
Rage (1)
All-out Attack
Power Attack
Improved Initiative (1)
Ultimate Effort (Will Save)
Attack Focus, Melee (3)
Acrobatic Bluff
Improved Block (1)

POWERS
Super-Strength [8];
- Shockwave (+1 Feat), Heavy 266t (limited to lifting)
Enhanced Strength [6]
Enhanced Constitution [8]
Enhanced Dexterity [10]
Flight [5] ARRAY
- AP Speed [5]
- AP Quickness [5]
Density [4] (Flaw Permanent)
- mass x2, imperivous protection +2, immovable, strength +8, super-strength +1.33 or say +2

SUMMARY
Abilities 8 + Skills 8 (32 ranks) + Feats 10 + Powers 63 + Combat 18 + Saves 13 – Drawbacks 0 = 120 / 120

BACKGROUND
As Eric Newton was growing up the kindest description that could be given to him was that he was chubby. Although his cousin Emily did describe her older cousin Eric as “Very, very, very round” when she went through a stage at age 5 of classifying people as either “Straight” or “Round”.

Eric suffered a lot of teasing and bullying due to his size and when he tried to lash out, the other kids thought it was even funnier so Eric resorted to eating even more to feel better. Eating and swimming became his 2 main loves. After an incident at the swimming pool when he was 12 his mother withdraw Eric from school and he was home-schooled then on, Eric has refused to go swimming since that day.

When he was 16 his mother's boyfriend at the time made a genuine effort to connect with Eric and after a period of time Eric made a conscious decision to try to loss weight. Eric started going to the gym and trying boxing and over the next 6 months did slim down.

Deciding to weigh himself for the first time in nearly a year Eric was horrified to see that he weighed nearly half as much again as he had before he started going to the gym. Losing his temper Eric punched the wall and was stunned when his fist went straight through the bricks. Over the next couple of months Eric discovered that he was more agile and a lot lot stronger than before and then he discovered he could fly.

Eric is now taking lessons in Tae Kwan Do and trying to be a hero. Eric still has a temper and is very sensitive about any weight jokes.

- Edited to make easier to read.
Last edited by Gilliam on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Postby ladydragonfly » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Gilliam wrote:FEATS
Rage (1)
All-out Attack
Power Attack
Improved Initiative (1)
Ultimate Effort (1)
Attack Focus, Melee (3)
Acrobatic Bluff
Improved Block (1)

Awesome character! Just wanted to clarify: don't forget to list what your Ultimate Effort is.

POWERS
Super-Strength [8]; Shockwave (+1 Feat), Heavy 266t
Enhanced Strength [6]
Flight [5] ARRAY (Speed [5], Quickness [5])
Enhanced Constitution [8]
Density [4] (Flaw Permanent, mass x2, imperivous protection 2, immovable, bonuses to strength & super-strenghth)
Enhanced Dexterity [10]

I like the idea of an Agile Power House. You should list the total super strength / enhanced strength modifiers from Density into your character. Makes it easier to figure things out. My main question about using Enhanced Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution as powers, is your opening yourself up for a nullify attack. If those powers are innate, its probably better just to spend those points directly onto the characters ability scores instead of as powers.

As for arrays, I find it easier to list the power in a format like this.
Power Array # (Extras;Flaws)
* Alt: New Power , etc..

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:50 am

Thanks ladydragonfly for the feedback

ladydragonfly wrote:Awesome character! Just wanted to clarify: don't forget to list what your Ultimate Effort is.

Probably a Will save would be best :D

I like the idea of an Agile Power House. You should list the total super strength / enhanced strength modifiers from Density into your character. Makes it easier to figure things out. My main question about using Enhanced Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution as powers, is your opening yourself up for a nullify attack. If those powers are innate, its probably better just to spend those points directly onto the characters ability scores instead of as powers.

To be honest I had not even considered a nullify attack and I am tempted to leave as if to indicate his baseline abilities at this point in his career, if that makes sense. For some reason I also thought that enhanced ability points costed less than the core ability points.

When I try a PL10 version I am sure that strength, dexterity & constitution will start off a lot higher.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:32 pm

The only reason to put an enhanced trait as a power (by the way there is no cost difference, unless your putting extras and flaws on them) is to show that having that trait is because of a power. And powers can be taken away. So you'll have to decide if your enhanced traits are a natural progression of the character, or enhanced because you have "powers".

Example: A mutant who decides he has Enhanced Intelligence instead of just applying it directly to his ability score, and tags the mutant descriptor on it. Means he can have his intelligence nullified. Its all a matter of preference.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:43 pm

JoshuaDunlow wrote:The only reason to put an enhanced trait as a power (by the way there is no cost difference, unless your putting extras and flaws on them) is to show that having that trait is because of a power. And powers can be taken away. So you'll have to decide if your enhanced traits are a natural progression of the character, or enhanced because you have "powers".

Example: A mutant who decides he has Enhanced Intelligence instead of just applying it directly to his ability score, and tags the mutant descriptor on it. Means he can have his intelligence nullified. Its all a matter of preference.

Actully there's another little difference, Powers can benefit from a power stunt, normal traits can't. SO a character with Enhnced Strength might be able to power stunt a Blast from it, a character with reular strength can't.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:59 am

Coming from a DnD background I still think that the normal ability range is between 3 and 18 but I can see what you mean. So many options.

I may try a PL10 character for my next attempt.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:53 am

This next attempt heavily "borrowed" from ML Chances Phantom Avenger build.

Presenting

ZEPHYR

Identity: Secret ID

APPEARANCE
Height: 5'5'
Weight: 105
Hair: Brunette (varies)
Eyes: Brown

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 10
Power Points: 150

ABILITIES
STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 10 (+0)
INT: 20 (+5)
CHA: 16 (+3)

COMBAT
Attack 3 (Melee 3, Ranged 7) [Zephyr Blast 10 (Energy)]
Defense 5 (3 flat-footed)
Initiative 3

SAVES
Toughness 10 (10 flat-footed)
Fortitude 6
Reflex 8
Will 8

SKILLS

Bluff 7 (+10/+14 bonus attractive)
Computers 9 (+14)
Craft
-Electronic 10 (+15)
-Mechanical 10 (+15)
-Chemical 5 (+10)
Diplomacy 7 (+10/+14 bonus attractive)
Disable Device 5 (+10)
Disguise 6 (+9/+19 bonus morph feature costume)
Knowledge
-Physical Sciences 10 (+15)
-Technology 10 (+15)
-Art 5 (+10)
Notice 6 (+8)
Perform
-Oratory 7 (+10)
-Singing 3 (+6)
Search 4 (+9)
Sense Motive 8 (+10)

FEATS
Attack Focus, Ranged (+4)
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Distract (bluff)
Accurate Attack
Eidetic Memory
4 x Equipment (20 equipment points worth of gear)
Taunt
Attractive (1)

DEVICE
Zephyr Suit (Device 13, 65 points, hard to lose)
- Flight [6]
- Morph (Humanoids) [2]
- Communication (Radio) [5]
- Super-Senses (Extended Vision, Dark Vision, Radio)
- Blast (Zephyr Blast) [10]
- Insubstantial [4] Array
- AP Force Field Impervious [10]

EQUIPMENT
Pepper Spray
Smart-Phone
Misc. Items (various items up to 4 eps)

DRAWBACKS
Normal Identity (full round, 4 points)

SUMMARY
Abilities 26 + Skills 28 (112 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 52 + Combat 16 + Saves 17 – Drawbacks -4 = 150 / 150

BACKGROUND
Stella, as a child she loved her name, as a teenager there were times that she loathed it and now as an adult it is just her name but she has always lived up to her name. Growing up Stella excelled at her studies and was involved in numeros extra-curricular activities. Stella would often carry out experiments in her parents garage which sometimes were successful and other times not. In the end her parents parked in the driveway as it was safer.

After her studies were completed Stella chose to work for Warren Research a small company engaged in high tech research and development where she hoped to gain greater hands on experience than if she was working for a larger firms. During the next year Stella was part of a team whose main project was trying to reverse engineer what was thought to be some type of alien technology.

Warren Research was purchased by a larger company and during the review meeting with her new manager, Stella showed him some of the pet projects that she had been working on. Two days later she was out of a job due to cost cuts.

One of Stella's pet projects was creating a nano-tech bodysuit which could change form (butlers outfit, then a policemans outfit etc) to reduce the need for so many costumes in the local drama production. After hearing rumours from former Warren Research colleagues Stella used a prototype suit to sneak into Warren Research and discovered that some of her projects were to be used in military applications that she had never intended.

Taking steps to ensure that her work would be worthless when deployed in the field Stella decided to further develope and enhance her suit and as the herione Zephyr took to the sky to prevent any future abuses of technology.

COMMENTS

I see this character as one that would avoid melee combat and rather blast foes from the air with her forcefield on. If in melee Zephyr would try and soak up damage and allow other members to take down the villians. Of course popping in and out of walls or floors could be very distracting for an opponent.

Zephyrs strength would be as the "face" of the team and interacting with other parties, add in her inventor skills she could probably whip up what ever gadget is required given time.

Not too sure if the character hasd the right balance between combat / non-combat.
Last edited by Gilliam on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

May The Eternal Warrior

Postby Gilliam » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:41 am

MAY THE ETERNAL WARRIOR

Identity: Public ID

APPEARANCE
Height: 5'8”
Weight: 123 lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 10
Power Points: 150

ABILITIES
STR: 22 (+6/+1)
DEX: 20 (+5)
CON: 20 (+5)
INT: 14 (+2)
CHA: 16 (+3)

COMBAT
Attack +4 (Melee +10, Ranged +8 )
Damage
- [Heavy Pistol (Ballistic +4), Iron Broad Sword (Slashing +3/+9), War Hammer (bludgeoning +3/+9, Shuriken +1 (piercing, autofire)]
Defense 9 (4 flat-footed)
Initiative 5

SAVES
Toughness 10 (8 flat-footed)
Fortitude 10
Reflex 11
Will 10

SKILLS
Climb 2 (+8)
Gather Info 5 (+8)
Handle Animal 6 (+9)
Intimidate 5 (+8)
Knowledge
-History 8 (+10)
-Tactics 8 (+10)
-Arcane Lore 5 (+7)
Ride 5 (+10)
Search 5 (+7)
Sense Motive 7 (+9)
Survival 6 (+8)
Swim 2 (+8)

FEATS
Beginner's Luck
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Ambidexterity
Equipment (5)
Attack Focus, Melee (6)
Defensive Roll (2)
Dodge Focus (2)
Power Attack
Well-Informed
Assessment
Improved Block (1)
Leadership
Attack Focus, Ranged (4)
Inspire (1)
Startle

POWERS
Immunity [3] (aging, poison, disease)
Comprehend [3] (languages [speak, read, understand any])
Regeneration [8] (Recovery Rate 8 [Bruised 2, Injured 3, Disabled 3];feat: regrowth)
Enhanced Strength [9]

EQUIPMENT
Heavy Pistol (critical 20, damage +4, 8EPs)
Iron Broad Sword (critical 19-20, damage +3, 5EPs)
War Hammer (critical 20, damage +3, 4EPs)
Shuriken (critical 20, damage +1, autofire, 3EPs)
Undercover Vest (+3 toughness, subtle, 4EPs))

SUMMARY
Abilities 37 + Skills 16 (64 ranks) + Feats 29 + Powers 27 + Combat 22 + Saves 19 – Drawbacks 0 = 150 / 150

BACKGROUND

"14th Day of June 1868.

This could be my last entry. The savages are becoming bolder and bolder, striking us at will. We have come too far to try and turn back but with the loss of our guide can only keep pressing forward and trust in the mercy of our Lord.

It is with sadness that I record that Reginald Warrington fell in battle today. If we survive I will inform his family that he died bravely as a true gentleman and not as the whimpering child in reality.

My manservant has confided that he fears that the savages will eat us all. I calmed him by telling him that he was now so bony that no creature either man or beast would want to eat him.

The drums have started again.

17th Day of June 1868.

It appears that the Good Lord has sent us a saviour albeit not what I expected. The drums had been continuous for the last day and night and then the savages came in force, we were driven back until our backs were against a cliff face. As the savages pressed in they were scattered by a lone warrior wielding of all things a black sword.

We then discovered that our rescuer was in fact a woman whom then started issuing orders to our natives and ourselves. When I politely informed her that I was in charge of this expedition and that I would give her instructions in due course, she must have then hit me with a rock.

I came to in the evening as my manservant was resetting my nose; surprisingly the drums were silent through the night.

19th Day of June 1868.

We are travelling as quickly as possible towards a river which May informs us is the boundary of the tribe of savages that have been stalking us. She estimates that we are still a couple of days away from the river. May is an unnatural woman whose use of language would make many a sailor blush yet she can speak fluently with our natives and is always first to battle whether day or night. We have reached a compromise where she issues instructions and I nod in agreement. My colleagues and I, for all our travels are unable to place her accent or features, she is a mystery.

For the first time since May joined our group the drums have started.

25th Day of June 1868.

We are now a day’s travel past the river and there has been no sign of the savages since we crossed the river. I still remember the sense of joy as we came into sight of the river and then the realisation that the savages had gathered in force between the river and us. We met in parlay with the chief of the savages myself, Sir William, one of our natives for translating and May. In the end the savages chief only spoke to May and ignored the rest of us so completely that I was reminded of my childhood.

May advised us that she and the Chef had agreed on a trial of combat with herself against the savage’s champion. Looking towards the savages I saw 6 men whom dwarfed May step forward. Asking which one was her opposition she smiled and replied “all of them as she did not want to have an unfair advantage”. The fight was brutal but May prevailed seemingly unscathed although I would swear on my mother’s grave that a spear went through her stomach and out of her back yet there was barely a scratch when we got the chance to examine the wound.

As we walked towards the river the savages parted to let us pass and then started slapping their thighs with their right hand which one of our natives informed was a sign of respect for May.

26th Day of June 1868.

We are heading towards a military outpost that May advises is only a few days away. As the drums have remained silent I decided to share a bottle of scotch with May and hopefully learn more about her. Whether it was the scotch or just that she wanted to talk she spun a tale throughout the night. May informed me that she has been alive for thousands of years and moves from battle to battle, conflict to conflict, land to land. When I said that surely there would be mention in history of a woman warrior she said, “have you forgotten the tales of Ishtar, the Amazons at Troy, Sif and so many others” with a small smile. When I asked about children, an expression of such sadness crossed her face and her quiet response “Yes, I have had children and it was so hard watching your great-granddaughter grow old and die”. We talked about many other things that night that I do not believe I should record on paper as they seemed so implausible and contry to accepted history. When I awoke in the morning my manservant advised that May had departed in the night heading back towards the river never to be seen again. The natives who were on the night watch did not attempt to stop her as they claimed she was the legendary Warrior Goddess who had last visited these lands over 10 generations ago.

As I now sit in my study and review my journals of my travels so many years ago that I feel that certain parts of my travels shall remain locked in my personal library.

Sir Harold Wessex, Earl of Morningshire August 1899."

COMMENTS

My take on an immortal warrior, I am not sure whether the combination of regeneration and immunity means that she is truely immortal or not. I see May as someone whom is competent in both melee and ranged combat and more than willing to upgrade her weaponary as circumstances dictate.

As to how or why she is immortal I haven't quite worked it out without resorting to "hit by a lightning bolt".
Last edited by Gilliam on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Roll Call”