NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #6: Patzer's Game (IC)

Post by Michuru81 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:13 pm

THE HALLS (Kasamir; NPCs: Doctor Fischer, Ellen, Emily)
Once the elevator doors opened again, Doctor Fischer began to make her way back towards Miss Catargi's classroom. As the headmistress and the school's greenest charge made their way back, they watched as Emily appeared out of nowhere--or rather, Doctor Fischer observed the phenomena. Blind as he was, Emily's illusions had little hold over Kasamir...

The woman shook the oddity off and made her way towards the classroom. She entered the room to find Armin trying to calm an enraged Ellen, who was moments from impaling Matt on her spectral blade. "So he came here to... to talk with Emily?" the Nephilim asked.

Armin shrugged and the hellfire Ellen clung to vanished. "I have to go..." she said meekly as she moved to leave the room. "I have to write a letter..."

She stopped when she saw the headmistress. Her eyes widened with fear. "Excuse me, ma'am," she said. "I... I should be... getting along..." The moment she was in the hall, she took off at a run.

Doctor Fischer looked from her to Matt and back again. Finally, she sighed. "I don't suppose you can fill me in one what's going on?" she asked Armin.

Armin sighed and began to tell the headmistress all about how Lacuna had vacated Matt's body...

VIENNA (Martin, Jack; NPCs: Mister McClannahan, Captain Nelson, Beatrice, Eve, Larrikin)
The plane landed and Martin's mission came to a close. En route to Austria, the travelers had been briefed on the situation back home: Mister Ander had teleported onto the plane to inform their chaperon of Lacuna's possession of Matt and of the injuries Juozas, Fiore and Miss Catargi had suffered. He answered their questions as best as he could before they landed, leaving them to find their loved ones...
Michuru81 wrote:Assuming that Martin heads straight for Tatjana... If Jack goes looking for Kirstie, he'll find her with Lex. Ellen, he finds, holed up in her room and refusing to answer the door. When Jack inevitably returns to his own room, however, he finds an envelope slid under the door and addressed to him. Inside, is a letter written in girly hand-writing that reads,
Message for you, sir! wrote:Dear Jack,

Forgive the abrupt nature of this message but I wasn’t sure where to begin. I now believe that Emily Adler is an agent of Laputa.

Today, while you were away on a mission with Martin, the school came under attack. Otso alerted me to the danger: Lacuna had taken possession of Matt Meyers and opened fire, wounding several students and a teacher. I charged for the classroom where he was restrained, determined to take answers from him concerning Laputa’s dealings and Vlad’s whereabouts. I admit, I acted rash but I was determined to bring an end to this charade and desperate to bring Vlad home.

Emily spoke into my mind and told me that she had things under control. I told her that she would not keep me from my own brand of interrogation. When I arrived at the room, she was waiting outside with the headmistress and I was turned away.

I made my way to the sublevels where I ran into the headmistress. Too late I realized that Emily had used her powers to keep me from speaking with Lacuna.

I was angry. I wanted to hurt her. When I returned, a security officer told me that Emily had left a few minutes before my arrival. Essentially, she departed after turning me away. Further complicating things, I learned that she departed after Lacuna’s mind departed Matt’s body. I worry that Emily helped our enemies to accomplish their goals and departed from the scene of the crime once her ally had fled.

Other things have also dawned on me: you and the others recruited Emily to the school in Kaiserslautern where she claimed to have been blackmailed into aiding Laputa with her abilities. However, it does not make sense that they would need to blackmail her into using her powers to control Captain Nelson—not when it would have been so easy for Lacuna to take possession of the man and achieve the same effect.

Her story doesn’t fit and her actions appear to be working towards an unknown agenda. I would much rather have told you all of this in person, however given Emily’s recent actions, I worry that she might soon try to erase the encounter from my mind. Even more frightening, if Emily is capable of manipulating our memories and if she is an agent of Lacuna, how can we be sure she has not tampered with our memories before now? Further, knowing that she can fabricate reality to be what she wants, how can we be certain who we are talking to is who we are talking to?

While this may be futile, given Emily’s ability to enter our minds, I would like to propose a second set of codenames—ones only we know and that we can use to be certain of each other’s identities. If I call you ‘onca’, respond with ‘ratel’ so that I can distinguish your identity. Similarly, if you approach me and I fail to respond with ‘onca’ to your ‘ratel’, know that it is not me but likely one of Emily’s illusions.

~Ellen
SOMEWHERE…
All Vlad knew was that they were headed south. At least, he presumed they were. When the ship had taken off, it had been traveling south—Vlad had gotten a last look at Vienna before they had darted into the clouds. It took him a minute to figure out which way was which. He remembered the first rays of the sun coming through the window in his room—how did any of the students stand to dwell in a windowless room?—and used that to construct a compass.

The plane was silent as it skimmed the clouds. It was strange: it moved so fast and yet not even the hum of an engine reached the youth’s ears. That was what now defeated Vlad: with no idea how fast they were traveling or any landmarks to employ, he had no idea where they were. All he knew was that there was a strong chance they were south of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

The ship began to descend and Lexus audibly inhaled. He braced himself as the ship and Vlad tensed as he realized they were diving straight for the water. Still, this brief window afforded Vlad a look out the window of the small, cramped ship. Without the clouds to obscure his sight, he could try and gauge their location…

He saw nothing but water. In every direction, blue brushed blue as water met sky. An instant later that sight was replaced with water swallowing the duo’s craft and the silent little ship began to swim.

Unless Vlad missed his guess, Lexus’ ship had just flown itself into the heart of the Mediterranean Sea. He envisioned a map of Europe and quickly eliminated the Adriatic from their possible prisons—they had been traveling far too fast to keep them within range of it. They had to be in the Mediterranean now; the only question was how far off the coast of Italy they were.

Suddenly, Vlad sensed the ship change its course. They were traveling east now. Hours passed without either youth uttering a word. Their course changed again—northeast now. Vlad struggled to think of where they were: were they skirting the coast of Italy and heading into the Adriatic or about to breech the Aegean Sea? It had been quite a journey but again, his lack of information failed him: without knowing their speed, he had little way of assessing how far through the Mediterranean they had traveled.

An hour passed—possibly—without a clock it was difficult to tell. The ship began to slow. It began to rise. Vlad looked up and saw the water parting over the dome-like capsule that had faithfully insulated he and his companion. Now, he could see the grotto they had docked in for what it was: a hangar for several of these odd contraptions Laputa was so fond of traveling in…

Vlad’s stomach did back-flips as he watched Lexus open the hatch. The coat-garbed youth rose up slowly and stretched. “We’re here,” he told Vlad. “We’re in the belly of Laputa…”

As Vlad climbed out he detected movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned and saw the top half of a man’s head staring at him from the water. The man’s skin was dark bronze and looked scaly; stranger still were his eyes: his eyes were shiny, red dots…

“Niloticus,” Lexus said cordially. “We have a guest. Why don’t you come on up and introduce yourself?”

The reptilian being glided forward and began to rise up out of the water. Soon, Vlad was gazing up at an anthropomorphic crocodile that towered over him by a few feet. The creature was shirtless and his purple-ish belly had a black pawn tattooed over it. “We have met,” Niloticus growled. This was news to Vlad, who would have remembered meeting someone like Niloticus. “What is he doing here?”

“He’s come to join us,” Lexus said. “I’ve already gone and cleared it with Erudite… Didn’t she tell you we were coming?”

Niloticus glared at Vlad. “She did not,” he said, never once taking his red eyes from the Romanian. Without another word, the large creature lurked back into the dimly-lit recesses of the cavern. Only the sound of water sloshing back and forth gave his doings away.

“Niloticus is… one of the pawns,” Lexus said. “He’s actually a kid about our age but he…” The youth’s expression soured. “He’s not just Lacuna’s pawn… He’s possessed by the Queen’s Rook too…”

Lexus tried to brush it off. “Come on… Let’s head up to meet Erudite. Hopefully some of the other pawns will be a little more receptive towards your being here…”

He led the way up a wide pair of stone steps that curved and ascended into light. Soon enough the duo emerged under the sun. They stood in what looked like a small city. A tower loomed over a greenhouse while a factory jutted beyond that. A strange dome peeked out behind it and a skyway shot from what Vlad took to be the third story and connect it to a bizarre obelisk. There was a strange crop of buildings—all had the look of new construction—woven together in a curious manner. “Erudite is probably in her media room. Words can’t describe that place—you just have to experience it.” Suddenly, he stopped dead in his tracks and a look of realization was worn on his face as he turned to his guest.

“We, uh… we don’t tend to use our real names,” Lexus said. “It’s like a sign of respect—like when you call your teacher ‘Mister Prohel’ instead of ‘Howard’. In private, you may still call me Lexus but… in public, I am known as Manticore. Same as with all of the others—it’s not ‘Pirjo’ but ‘Felsic’ and it’s ‘Rheid’, not ‘Armande’. Basically, don’t be offended if the others introduce themselves by their codenames—it’s not that they don’t trust you but how we refer to each other here.”

As they made their way across Laputa, Lexus continued to educate Vlad to their way of life here: in the greenhouse, Entiere cultivated the food they ate. Martin’s parents, it turned out, had created several hybrid plants capable of providing the terrorist group with the vitamins and nutrients their pescetarian diet lacked. Meanwhile, the foundry was where the Curies assembled the odd ships that transported them to and from the island sanctuary.

Lexus was in the middle of telling Vlad about the strides the Curies were making in magnetic repulsion when they found their path barred by a striking figure.

Looking up at her, Vlad couldn’t help but remember that day just weeks ago… His mind flooded with memories of what this woman had done: an innocent person died in the deathtrap this woman had created. It was thanks to her that Tatjana’s parents were in exile from their native land. The lose-lose situation she and her accomplice had placed them in forced Vlad to commit the inhumane acts that won him Lex’s ire.

Vlad could not forget Confectionery.

“It…” The muscular woman struggled to find the words. “It is good to see you, Vladislav,” she said mournfully, “but not here… and not like this… I wish you hadn’t…” She shook her head and gave up on words—the big woman rushed forward and coiled her arms around Vlad. “You don’t know how much I wanted to do this in Kaiserslautern,” she whispered to him. “I couldn’t though… Not when I had a job to do. I… I never wanted us to meet like this but…” Vlad’s ears caught a sniffle. “Vladislav,” she said, “I don’t know how much you know or what you suspect but I…

“I’m your biological mother.”
Michuru81 wrote:I'm taking a few liberties with Vlad (like assuming he wouldn't deck Confectionery or push her away when she tries to hug him) and for that, I offer a trio of hero points for him. So, HH... what's Vlad's next move here?
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Mon May 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Fluxx

After offering what aid he could for the injured, Martin does, indeed, rush for Tatjanna to get her experience of the ordeal and hug her tightly.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon May 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 7

After Mister Anders arrived on the plane and informed the group what had happened while they had been gone it was all the American could do to stay in his seat until the plane had landed. Once Captain Nelson announced it was safe to get off the plane Jack led the way out and was shifting his body the moment he got to the bottom of the stairway so that he could cover ground faster, even though he knew Kristie was physically ok he was sure the British girl would be in need of a friend.

When he found Kristie, Jack stopped himself from entering the room. He heard the sound of her talking with Alex and his heart sank. While Jack was glad she was alright but it was now clear to him that Kristie had made the choice she’d been struggling with for the past several days: it was Alex.

Jack backed away from the door slowly, as to not disturb the pair behind it. He looked down at his hands and saw the picture he’d been working on for Ellen and realized he’d not heard much of anything about her doings during the shooting and as he walked away his body returned to it’s normal shape.

After several minutes of knocking on the other British girl’s door and calling her name Jack simply slid the picture he’d drawn under the door and went to his room. He didn’t really know where else to go…..if Vlad had been here Jack would be talking with him but with his friend gone Jack simply felt lost and alone, more now since he’d first came to this school.

Then he found the letter and read it, suddenly Ellen’s lack of a response to his pounding and calling to her made much more sense. Plus her thoughts on Emily made a lot of sense, damn he’d never really considered the points Ellen brought up. Now Jack wanted to talk with Ellen much more than before, now he had a new ally.

The walk back to Ellen’s room only took a few moments and at her door Jack knocked with his usual ‘shave & a haircut’ knock with one word spoken immediately after he’d finished knocking.

“Ratel.”
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #3: Skittles (IC)

Post by Arkrite » Tue May 03, 2011 6:41 am

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 0 CND: Normal

Lex found most of the day to be a blur after the events at the classroom. Catargi had lead them back to the "Danger Room" with most of the rest of the students until everything could be cleared up. He was kind of glad for it as his arms were starting to burn from carrying Kirstie, and he was coming down off his adrenaline high hard.

He wasn't really too bothered about sitting down somewhere "safe".

It was actually a little tense, every time one of the students entered he found himself fighting the urge to jump to his feet, charge up his hands and look to see if this was the next in a long line of deranged psychopaths intent on destroying them all.

He fought the urge as best he could, mostly because sudden movements were making Kirstie jump. It turned out to be for the best as the most deranged and psychopath-ish person to wander through the door was Doug. So it was kind of like getting nervous because Mr Rogers had just entered the room. Which was to say: silly.

He nodded to his fellow musician, and tried his best not to look completely out of place standing around without a shirt with Kirstie wearing his jacket.

Apparently he failed because as soon as everybody was told it was safe to move out again Miss Catargi showed up with a generic school sweatshirt for him to wear. He was somewhat happy for it, but was forced to wonder if the school had its own gift shop.

I saw the school of superfreaks and all I got was this lousy sweatshirt.

The teachers weren't keen on releasing Kirstie, not with the knock on the head she'd received so he ended up having to wait long after the others had all left until one of the doctors could give her a quick once over. Apparently head injuries were bad, and concussions were worse. With Kirstie in shock it was hard to tell if she was out of sorts because of the hit or because of watching her fellow students get gunned down in front of her.

Either way it wasn't good.
Lex made a note to apologise to Kas later for cutting short the new student's tour, but he wasn't about to leave Kirstie by herself at the moment.

When they finally released them he brought her to the cafeteria, scrounged up a sandwich or two and some water, then took her back to her room.

It was uncomfortable in the silence, so he kept talking, telling her silly stories about him and his buddies back home. Embarrassingly few of them ended well for him, but they were amusing none the less. Anything to try to get her mind off of what had happened.

He would have swore somebody came to Kirstie's door, and was surprised when none of the teachers burst in, and none of Kirstie's friend's knocked. He marked it down to nerves and shrugged it off.

But time was moving on, his legs ached from the mistreatment earlier in the day, and he was feeling wiped out and exhausted. And it was getting late.

"I should probably get going, huh?" He looked at the clock then back to Kirstie with a concerned look, "You going to be okay?"

Anomaly
Champion
Champion

Post by Anomaly » Tue May 03, 2011 7:49 am

Viktor (Impasse)

"As you wish then. We will delay this until this evening then?" Viktor was now clearly frustrated with this situation; both the school troubles and personal. He leaned in to give Mira a kiss prior to heading toward the elevator. He was going to make sure whatever the trouble was upstairs was taken care of to ensure he could take care of the matters that were more important to him.

"I cannot take this being underground for very long. It makes me quite uncomfortable," he intoned as he pressed the elevator call button.
Player of: Amalgam Anomaly Impasse Coulomb

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Post by McGuffin » Tue May 03, 2011 9:51 am

Ursa
[Otso Karell] HP: 4

So Jason was alright and accounted for. That left only Tatjana, Gaspar and Cornelis. Otso picked up the pace as he changed course for the school's workshop. When he got there he handed the laptop over to Jason. "Emily said there's information about a mole from Laputa on there. Maybe something in the emails unless the information's somehow hidden." After describing what they were looking for as best he could, Otso settled into a seat to wait for Emily.

When she got there he stood up, addressing the next question to all of them. "Do any of you have an idea where Gaspar, Tatjana and Cornelis are? Could you try finding them, Emily?"
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue May 03, 2011 10:30 am

Jason Lamperouge/Prodigy

"So this is Conrelis' laptop? Well I can't just go through it on Ms. Adler's say-so. Where is Notebloom? Seems to me he should know what's going on before I do anything else. The faculty would probably be better equipped to handle the situation anyway." Jason glanced at Mr. Manuel before regarding the taller teen again. He looked at the laptop, but made no move to touch it.

"I know I wouldn't want someone going through my laptop with just this level of suspicion. I can't help you, as is."

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Post by McGuffin » Tue May 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Ursa

"Yeah, well next time someone guns down a bunch of students and holds the rest as hostages, demanding the contents of your laptop, I'll just tell him I couldn't find you and let him get on with it, how's that? Lacuna did all this because it wanted what's in that laptop. I don't know about you but to me that's reason enough to want to know what's on it. I'll take any lead I can get on these bastards." Otso crossed his fur-covered arms in front of his chest, leaning back in the chair. "Besides, I couldn't find Cornelis while I was evacuating the other students. I would have asked him for it if I had, but before Emily told me Lacuna vacated Matt I assumed we were fighting against the clock. Don't worry, I'll fix his damn door when things have calmed down."

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue May 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Jason Lamperouge

Jay shook his head slowly, his eyes flicking between the three other people in the room. "That doesn't give you the right to go through Notebloom's stuff, Otso. That would be like Viktor and I going through the safety depoist boxes that the Vitesse brothers were after, just to see what they wanted to steal. Its not your place. Whether I want to know isn't the issue."

Jason slowly picked up the laptop and slung the bag with his unfinished work in it over his arm. "From what you've told me, things have calmed down. Do you know where the headmistress is? I'm going to give the laptop to her, and she can turn it over to Cornelis, or whoever else, as she sees fit. I'm sorry Otso. But this isn't the right way to do this. I'll tell Emily the same thing."

With that said, the thin teenager started walking towards the workshop doors. Emily, I'm with Otso in the workshop, he's given me the laptop. Would you find the headmistress for me? I'm going to turn it over to her.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Post by McGuffin » Tue May 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Ursa

Otso bit back down an urge to grab Jason and shake some sense into the genius. Self-righteous jerk. Of course he was probably right, not that Otso would admit it to the American. After all, if he couldn't trust the Headmistress then who could he trust among the faculty-members? Truth be told Otso wished Headmaster Newton was still there, and not for the first time.

He leaped to his feet and started for the door. Crisis averted or not, he still had a promise to keep. "Fine, do whatever you want, take the laptop to Doctor Fischer. You obviously have everything all figured out, hiding away in this workshop. I gotta go find Tatjana." As he spoke, Otso's mind was already working on how to do just that. Maybe he could pick up her scent in the hallway and track her down.

GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by GPrime » Tue May 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Emily
"You've got to be kidding me." Emily mutters, as she enters the passageway outside the workshop and sees Jason leaving with the laptop.
"Jason, wait." She shouts, running up to him. "If you take this to Fischer, she'll just sit on the information. Nothing is going to happen to Laputa. We have to do this ourselves."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue May 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Candyman
Vladislav Radikovich

Condition: I'm baaaAAaaack! HP 4

Vlad followed Lexus without comment, simply looking and cataloging everything he saw in his mind. Nilocutous was an eye opening beast, but, his comment was made clear when Lacuna was mentioned. Yes, Vlad had met it when it possessed others. It was one of Vlad's top priorities as far as enemies that must be killed went. For now though, he simply nodded at the possessed neo-sapien and wondered whether he could actually defeat such a monstrosity in combat. His record of wins in combat wasn't very impressive.

Still, he followed Lexus deeper into the complex, until they found their path barred by Confectionery. She had him in her arms faster than he could react. Hesitantly he returned her hug, but, gently corrected her. "I'm afraid you should be calling me Candyman...not my birth name. We wouldn't want to violate protocol would we?"

Vlad wrestled with his emotions here. She was directly responsible for a woman's death in Kaiserslautern, and he ought to kill her when the opportunity arose...but, every orphan's wish is to be reunited with their parents. Now he was. The emotional discord was...disturbing.

"Manticore and I have business with Erudite, but, perhaps later we can...get to know one another. Without attempting to kill each other that is." He punctuated his small joke with a smile. She was a small time player here as far as he knew. The list of the doomed only had four names on it right now... well, five if he counted himself. Lacuna, Tantivy, Therianthrope...and of course, Erudite. Those were the four he'd come to kill. Everyone else was still on the bubble.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue May 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler

Condition: listening HP 3

Kas shadowed the headmistress the entire way to the classroom. Upon scanning the scene of the shooting, he was fairly comfortable with the security of their situation. Still, he made certain to remain alert as Armin told his tale to Dr. Fischer.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:52 pm

TATJANA'S ROOM (Martin; NPCs: Tatjana, Missus Nelson)
When Martin arrived at Tatjana's door, he found her mother already with her. "Martin," Tatjana said with a grin as the Frenchman walked through her door. "How was your mission? Was it a success?"

ELLEN'S ROOM (Jack; NPCs: Ellen)
"Onca," Ellen said as she opened the door just a crack. She held it open she enough to pull him through and then planted herself at the wedge. She gazed into the hall before sliding it shut. Immediately, she put her back to the door and slid down to sit on the floor. "So, you read my letter," she said. "I take it you don't think I'm crazy then--or you wouldn't have come..."

CAFETERIA (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
Kirstie still seemed to be off in another place. Still, as the American asked if she would be okay, she slowly pulled back to reality. She looked at Lex strangely for a moment, as if she were surprised to see him here, and then she looked down at her hands. "My daddy... he's in a dangerous line of work. Thing is, that never came home with him, y'know? It was like any other job. He's eat breakfast, get in the car, drive to the office... come home and eat dinner with the family before watching some telly... The danger was there but I never ever saw it, y'know?

"It's the same as my powers. I mean, I know that you and Jack went through a lot but... I never had that issue, y'know? I never faced the sort of threats you all did. All last year, we... we never saw anything like that.

"All of a sudden we've got... people getting blown up and stabbed in the eyes and more explosions and drug dealers on jetskis and this?" Kirstie hugged herself tightly. "Christ all mighty but how do you make it go back to the way it was before?"

COMMON ROOM (Viktor; NPCs: Dag, Doug, Finn, Mike, Mira, Sarah)
The next time Viktor saw Mira, it was almost 9:45 at night. He seemed to be the oddball in the school: since the shooting, no one had wanted to be alone. Everyone stuck in packs and Mira was no different: she and Dag had taken to trying to ease the Freshmen and were occupying one of the common rooms in an attempt to get them all laughing...

One of them wasn't laughing though: as Viktor entered the room, he spied Sarah, glaring past the forced smiles and burning holes in Mira's face with her intense glower...

CATARGI'S CLASSROOM (Kasamir; NPCs: Armin, Doctor Fischer, Matt)
Doctor Fischer grimaced when Armin finished his tale. "And Emily departed at Ellen's arrival?" the headmistress asked. "I need to speak to Miss Adler... This campus is woefully understaffed as far as Espers go: to my knowledge, she's the only one who can confirm that Matt is himself again..." A sigh escaped her lips. "My apologies, Mister Meyers, but it seems you must remain restrained a little while longer..."

LAPUTA (Vlad; NPCs: Confectionery, Erudite, Manitcore)
There was a sadness in her eyes that none could have predicted as Confectionery backed away from her son. “Y-yes, Candyman…” she said. “You’re right… I would love nothing more than to talk with you. I know that I don’t…” She trailed off and then began shaking her head. “I want to get to know the man my son is becoming,” she said. “But later. You’re right… You have other business to attend to…” The woman turned to Lexus and gave him an affirming nod. “Erudite is at the fountain.”

Once she had dismissed herself, Manticore faked a smile to hide how awkward he found that. “Well, that was… good,” he said as he led the way through the woven buildings.

A few minutes later they arrived at a pair of double doors—the only feature of the dark hallway. Lexus opened the doors and gestured for Vlad to lead the way in.

Inside, Vlad found himself beneath a dome—likely the one he had seen peeking out from behind the obelisk. The massive chamber’s interior was covered in mirrors: the walls were mirrored, as were the ceiling and floor. In the center of the room was a great pool with a mirrored fountain rising up out of the depths. A woman in her early forties sat beside the pool

“This…” Lexus whispered, as he closed the door gently behind him, “is Erudite…”

Looking at her, Vlad banished any doubts from his mind that Erudite could be anyone but Jason’s mother: the resemblance was uncanny. Were she but twenty years younger, she could have passed for his twin.

The woman failed to look up at their approach. She merely continued to gaze longingly into the fountain—at her reflection. Still, their entrance had not gone unnoticed. “Vladislav Radikovich,” the woman said haughtily, “codenamed Candyman. Sixteen years old, one-hundred and seventy-two centimeters and eighty-one kilograms. Green eyes, black hair…” The woman rotated her wrist to trace invisible circles in the air with her hand. “I know so much about you but I don’t know why you’re here…”

“Tell me, Vladislav… Are you here because you genuinely accept what it is we strive to do? Have you come to embrace this fraternity and its fight as your own? Have you become disenchanted with that school’s ridiculous philosophy and the cretins who dwell in it?” A faint smile touched her lips. “Or have you been baptized in hubris and genuinely believe you can dismantle my little organization from the inside?”

The woman turned then to face Vlad and suddenly… she shrugged. “Or perhaps it’s as simple as you deduced what connection you and Confectionery had and you simply wanted to be closer to your mother.

“Educate me, Vladislav: what brings you to Laputa?”
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue May 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Jason Lamperouge/Prodigy

The American was subtle about it, but he definitely was checking Emily out as he spoke to her. "What information? You have no reason to believe anything is on this laptop except because you were told about such a possibility. I'm not ready to go through someone else's belongings on Lacuna's word." He continued walking, not even tossing a glance over his shoulder.

"Maybe you should try to contact Mr. Notebloom and inform him of the situation, try to get some information that way. You know, instead of sending Otso to break into his room and steal his things, and then try to get me to hack into this for you, all without even telling me what was going on. You use the word 'we', but so far, its just you, from what I've seen. Murphy is a better team player than you, and he shot me in the back with a bolt of lightning."

With that, Jason spoke into his communicator, using the faculty frequency. "Headmistress Fischer, this is Jason Lamperouge. I have something to bring to you. Where can I meet you?"