Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Red Ghost, Red Guardian, Red Skull)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gothenem
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Manta-something)

Post by Gothenem » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:43 pm

prodigyduck wrote:Image

MANTA RAY (PL 3)

Strength
2, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 3, Intellect -5, Awareness 1, Presence -4

POWERS
Aquatic:
Immunity 3 (Cold, Drowning, High Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [underwater]) – 5 points
Manta Ray Senses: Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) – 1 point
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 3 – 12 points
Strong Swimmer: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to swimming), Swimming 2 (2 mph) – 4 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 1, Great Endurance

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (+2, +10 swimming), Perception 4 (+5)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+0
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 2)

DEFENSE
Dodge
2, Parry 2, Toughness 3,
Fortitude 4, Will 2

Abilities -22 + Advantages 2 + Defenses 10 + Powers 19 + Skills 2 = 11 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Aquatic Creature:
Manta Rays suffer as though drowning when removed from water.
Disability: Manta Rays are mute and have no hands.
Manta rays are the largest species of rays. They live in warm, tropical waters, particularly around coral reefs, where food is plentiful. Manta rays feed on plankton and fish larva that are filtered from the water through their gills.

Mantas are curious creatures, and will often approach swimmers and boats. They stray away from sharks and orca, who often feed upon rays. Mantas are peaceful unless provoked. More often than not, they will flee an attacker, but if unable to do so, they will lash out with their barbed tail stinger.

Hmm, I was sort of expecting a Steve Irwin quote here :P

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Gothenem wrote:

What a Beauty!
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:04 pm

prodigyduck wrote:
Gothenem wrote:

What a Beauty!
That's so wrong it's right. :D

And I LOVE that Manticore!
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Medusa)

Post by prodigyduck » Fri May 06, 2011 3:17 pm

MEDUSA (PL 6)

Strength
0, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 2

POWERS
Medusa Senses:
Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Medusa Traits: Immunity 2 (Petrification Effects) – 2 points
Petrifying Gaze: Perception Range Affliction 5 (Dazed and Hindered / Defenseless and Immobile / Transformed and Unaware; Resisted by Fortitude; Continuous, Extra Condition, Progressive, Visual Sense-Dependent) – 40 points
Snake Hair: Enhanced Perception 4, Senses 2 (Radius Vision), Weaken Strength 4 (“snake bite” Resisted by Fortitude; Linked to Unarmed, Progressive) – 16 points

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
Array (6 points)
Bow: Ranged Damage 3 – 6 points
Dagger: Strength Based Damage 1 (Improved Critical) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Equipment 2, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Initiative, Languages 0 (Common is native), Precise Attack (Ranged Cover)

SKILLS
Deception 5 (+7), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat (Bows) 5 (+6), Stealth 5 (+7)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+6
Bow +6 (Ranged, Damage 3)
Dagger +4 (Close, Damage 1/19-20)
Petrifying Gaze Perception (Ranged, Affliction 5)
Snake Hair +4 (Close, Damage 0 plus Weaken 4)
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 0)

DEFENSE
Dodge
7, Parry 6, Toughness 4,
Fortitude 6, Will 6

Abilities 30 + Advantages 5 + Defenses 15 + Powers 60 + Skills 15 = 125 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Medusae are monstrous women with attractive, shapely bodies that are covered in fine, delicate scales. Rather than hair, they have a writhing mass of serpents growing from their scalp. They eyes of a medusa are feared. To look a medusa in the eyes is to invite death, as one’s body is instantly transformed into lifeless stone.

Medusae are the progeny of Stheno and Euryale – the surviving sisters of the Medusa of legend. These creatures – sometimes called gorgons – live in isolated ruins away from civilization. They are hunted creatures; feared and hated for their poisonous bite and ability to petrify with the slightest glance. This fact drives most medusae to be evil, hunting down and slaying mortals with their gaze and poison. The lair of a medusa is often adorned with the statues of petrified enemies.

All medusae are female. They will interact with a male humanoid when they desire to mate and give birth. The medusa is careful to not slay her lover… at least, not until after she has conceived.
Medusae can have many other powers. The original medusae were women cursed by the gods. As such, they have a number of divine abilities that can manifest over time.

Greater Medusa
A greater medusa has a serpentine lower body from her hips downwards. To create a greater medusa, add the following powers:
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent) – 9 points
Snake Body: Movement 1 (Slithering) – 2 points

Immortality
Some medusae are as ancient as the titans themselves. These creatures are not only immortal, but unless measures are taken, they can also return from the dead when slain.
Cannot Be Slain: Immortality 16 (Limited if head is severed) – 8 points
Immortal Creature: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease) – 2 points

Poison Blood
The most powerful of medusae have venomous blood. The greater medusa, described above, will often have this Power.
Poison Blood: Weaken Stamina 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; Progressive, Reaction, Triggered [when injured with a melee weapon], Uncontrolled) – 21 points

Winged Horse
In Greek mythology, when Medusa herself was slain, the winged horse known as Pegasus was created from her blood. A GM can use this Power to recreate that effect.
Birth of Pegasus: Summon Pegasus 5 (Heroic, Innate, Permanent, Triggered [when medusa is slain], Uncontrolled) – 12 points

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:40 am

I do like the Medusa but may I ask why the stone gaze is resisted by Fortitude? I'd thought the save should be Dodge to represent the person under attack averting his/her eyes quickly? Thats what I would have assumed, as I would have used Reflex in 2E for the save against the stone gaze power.
Demacia! (Garen, The Might of Demacia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Wed May 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Nareik123 wrote:I do like the Medusa but may I ask why the stone gaze is resisted by Fortitude? I'd thought the save should be Dodge to represent the person under attack averting his/her eyes quickly? Thats what I would have assumed, as I would have used Reflex in 2E for the save against the stone gaze power.
I went with a Fortitude check as that is how it is in standard 3rd edition (from which I am converting these monsters). One could easily decide for themselves to make it a Dodge save for the reasons you gave.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu May 12, 2011 8:45 am

MERFOLK (PL 2)

Strength
0, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 1

POWERS
Aquatic Creature:
Immunity 3 (Cold, Drowning, Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [underwater]) – 5 points
Fast Swimmer: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to swimming), Swimming 3 (4 mph) – 5 points
Merfolk Senses: Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Attractive, Languages 1 (Common [Aquan is native])

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (+0, +8 swimming), Perception 2 (+2)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+1
Unarmed +0 (Close, Damage 0)

DEFENSE
Dodge
1, Parry 0, Toughness 1,
Fortitude 3, Will 0

Abilities 6 + Advantages 2 + Defenses 2 + Powers 11 + Skills 1 = 22 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Merfolk have a fish-like tail rather than legs. Their mobility is limited to 5 feet per round when removed from water.
Merfolk are aquatic humanoids that appear to be human from the waist up and have fish-like tails from the hips down. Males are called Mermen, while females are called Mermaids. Their humanoid features are fey-like, more similar to elves than humans. Merfolk are capable of interacting with surface folk, as they can survive outside of the water. They do so rarely, however, as they cannot walk on land.

Merfolk live in cities and isolated settlements within shallow seas and coral reefs, where protection and food is abundant. They train aquatic animals to serve as their guardians, similar to the way humans train dogs and horses. Merfolk are the enemies of sahuagin.

Classic mermaids are fey-like creatures with a dangerous disposition. They would entice sailors with their beautiful singing voices to steer their ships into dangerous reefs or to jump into the water where the mermaids would then drown the hapless man. Mermaids of this sort are often referred to as “sirens.”

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Merfolks and Mimics)

Post by prodigyduck » Thu May 12, 2011 8:51 am

OM NOM NOM NOM!

MIMIC (PL 7)

Strength
4, Stamina 3, Agility 1, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 0

POWERS
Aberration Traits:
Immunity 10 (Acid Damage, Transformation Effects) – 10 points
Adhesive: Affliction 7 (Hindered and Vulnerable / Defenseless and Immobilized; Resisted by Dodge; Concentration, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Instant Recovery, Limited to Two Degrees, Reaction) – 35 points
Mimic Object: Morph 2 (stationary objects of similar mass/size) – 10 points
Mimic Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Tough Hide: Protection 2 – 2 points

ADVANTAGES
Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Languages 0 (Common is native), Skill Mastery (Perception)

SKILLS
Athletics 5 (+9), Deception 5 (+5, +25 Morph), Expertise (Dungeons and Underground Lore) 5 (+5), Perception 5 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+5
Adhesive +7 (Close, Affliction 7)
Unarmed +7 (Close, Damage 4)

DEFENSE
Dodge
3, Parry 7, Toughness 3,
Fortitude 5, Will 6

Abilities 28 + Advantages 6 + Defenses 11 + Powers 59 + Skills 10 = 114 Total
Mimics are strange aberrations that assume the form of mundane furnishings and household objects. They maintain their forms for days at a time and lie in wait for unsuspecting prey to interact with them. Once the victim touches the mimic, the aberration springs to life, revealing a large mouth to quickly bite and consume its prey before it can escape. The mimic is aided by a chemical adhesive that is naturally exudes over its entire form.

Most mimics are the relative size of a human, assuming the form of small beds, chests, and wardrobes. Rumors persist of mimics that larger – even those that are the size of houses and assume the form as such.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Finger Horror!)

Post by prodigyduck » Thu May 26, 2011 10:36 am

LESSER FINGER HORROR (PL 5)

Strength 4, Stamina --, Agility 1, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 2, Intellect -5, Awareness -3, Presence -5

POWERS
Fear Aura:
Visual Perception Range Affliction 4 (Impaired / Disabled / Controlled [to flee!]; Resisted by Will; Instant Recovery, Reaction) – 16 points
Huge Body: Growth 8 (Innate, Permanent; -4 active defenses included) – 17 points
Liquid Rot: Weaken Stamina 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; Grab-Based, Progressive) – 12 points
Shriek: Burst Area Affliction 4 (Dazed / Stunned; Resisted by Fortitude; Hearing Sense-Based, Limited to Two Degrees) – 2 points
Strong Swimmer: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to swimming), Swimming 3 (4 mph) – 5 points
Undead Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Undead Traits: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) – 30 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Improved Grab

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (+4, +12 swimming)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+1
Fear Aura Perception Area (Close, Affliction 4)
Rot +4 (Close, Grab-Based Weaken 6)
Shriek Area (Close, Affliction 4)
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 4)

DEFENSE
Dodge
-2, Parry -1, Toughness 8
Fortitude Immune, Will 0

Abilities -38 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 5 + Powers 84 + Skills 0 = 55 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Prejudice:
Besides being an undead creature, the finger horror is a true monster in both appearance and function.
Although these creatures appear vaguely humanoid, they appear more as a web of skeletal limbs that twitch about in a sickening fashion with a multitude of hands that move as if each were a separate entity. In place of its teeth are long fingers and a hand replaces the creature’s tongue.

Not long ago, a farmer was visited by a demon and granted a wish to cure his six-year-old son of his ongoing nightmares. Just as the demon promised, the boy’s nightmares were successfully expelled. However, this meant that they had taken solid form and unleashed upon the realm. One of those nightmares was simply referred to as the finger horror, although the boy had always called it “Mister Fingers.”

A being so unnaturally created and lacking the time needed to evolve into a properly functioning creature, the finger horror twitches about as it moves. Each of its limbs contain many “elbows” which break repeatedly as they are bent or as weight is placed upon them. At the end of every limb are large hands (major hands) or small hands (minor hands). The number of fingers varies on each hand.

The goop created for the horror’s liquid rot is the only thing the creature can digest.

:!: From the pages of the Goblins webcomic comes the (lesser?) finger horror.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 am

That thing is so horrible that I had nightmare about it cine it was introduced about a month ago, great work.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu May 26, 2011 2:54 pm

"Too long since posting... Post monsters or Minotaur SMASH!"

MINOTAUR (PL 7)

Strength
4, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 4, Intellect -2, Awareness 0, Presence -1

POWERS
Large Body:
Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 3 – 12 points
Minotaur Senses: Senses 7 (Darkvision, Direction Sense, Extended Hearing, Extended Olfactory, Scent, Tracking [olfactory]) – 7 points
Powerful Charge: Strength-Based Damage 2 (Limited to charging only) – 1 point

EQUIPMENT
Axe:
Strength-Based Damage 3 – 3 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 2, Equipment 1, Languages 0 (Giant is native), Power Attack

SKILLS
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5), Intimidation 2 (+3), Perception 5 (+5)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+0
Axe +6 (Close, Damage 7)
Powerful Charge +6 (Close, Damage 6)
Unarmed +6 (Close, Damage 4)

DEFENSE
Dodge
3, Parry 5, Toughness 5,
Fortitude 4, Will 5

Abilities -2 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 17 + Powers 20 + Skills 6 = 45 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Minotaurs are feared as cannibalistic man-eaters.
Minotaurs are giant humanoids with fur covered bodies and bull-like heads. It was once believed that all minotaurs were male; actually cursed humans that had been altered by the gods or a demon lord to become a minotaur. That legend has proven false as female minotaurs have become more prevalent over the years.

Minotaurs are known to be cannibals, feeding off the flesh of sentient creatures. They love to dwell within maze-like caverns or ruins, where their innate sense of direction prevents them from getting lost. They lure travelers into their maze-like homes, where the minotaurs have the advantage over their unfortunate prey.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu May 26, 2011 3:00 pm

"Third date... can I use tongue now?"

MOHRG (PL 10)

Strength
5, Stamina --, Agility 4, Dexterity 2,
Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 0 Presence 0

POWERS
Paralytic Tongue:
Affliction 7 (Dazed and Hindered / Immobilized and Defenseless / Paralyzed; Resisted by Fortitude; Cumulative, Extra Condition) – 21 points
Undead Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Undead Traits: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Regeneration 1 – 31 points
Undying Toughness: Protection 9 – 9 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action

SKILLS
Athletics 10 (+15), Perception 10 (+10), Stealth 10 (+14)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+8
Tongue +9 (Close, Damage 7)
Unarmed +9 (Close, Damage 5)

DEFENSE
Dodge
8, Parry 11, Toughness 9,
Fortitude Immune, Will 9

Abilities 26 + Advantages 5 + Defenses 17 + Powers 63 + Skills 15 = 126 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Mohrgs are undead that are the risen forms of mass-murderers that died before they could atone for their crimes. Mohrg’s exist to bring more death and destruction to the world; delighting in the screams of the dying.

Mohrgs are sometimes mistaken for skeletons or zombies. They appear to be skeletal humanoids with fleshy internal organs wrapped around their form. These organs are animated and capable of lashing out and entangling any they touch. Furthermore, they secrete a paralytic slime that allows the mohrg to slowly kill its victims while they watch helplessly.

Those slain by a Mohrg arise soon afterwards as a zombie. A rise in the undead population is often a sign of a mohrg in the area.

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by MisterO » Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 pm

LESSER FINGER HORROR (PL 5)
:shock: :shock: :shock:

"Lesser" nothin'! That thing is terrifying!! '

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Post by cassius335 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:11 pm

prodigyduck wrote:http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb32 ... orhg-1.jpg
"Third date... can I use tongue now?"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Sat May 28, 2011 3:05 am

Great work, as usual. The Finger Horror makes me pee my pants. Minotaurs are always a favourite as well- in the game world I'm working on, they make up a major ally of the "evil" human forces, and have their very own Minotaur City in human lands. Like Centaurs and Giants, I always find myself getting attached to the "Human, plus one or two features" D&D/fantasy monsters.

I was flipping through your Giant builds a minute ago, and I was struck by the... ODD... sense of scale used by D&D artists (vs) the D&D build-writers. Fire Giants are supposed to be twelve feet tall in everything I've read. But looking at that picture, they are well over three times as tall as the humans (who are in the FOREGROUND), which would make them at least TWENTY feet in height. Similarly, the Wood Giant image (of a Forest Giant from D&D) is of an 18-foot tall creature, which is holding a full-size stag (probably 7 or so feet) that is a quarter of it's full height. Now obviously artists aren't draftsmen, but these aren't even CLOSE measurements (often the Giants are twice as tall as they should be)- I'm guessing the artists usually just realize that Giants look cooler the bigger they get, and that someone a "mere" double the size of a normal human being wouldn't be that impressive. That and the writers (who are even less draftsmen than the artists) have no idea how big something SHOULD be.