NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #6: Patzer's Game (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Mon May 09, 2011 11:24 am

Fluxx

Martin faced Mrs. Nelson with only uncertainty. "No."

"I cannot be positive. I 'ave only ze potentially misleading words of my mozer, and a curiosity as to why ze man 'asn't tried to get a job in Vienna. I wish I could deliver better news or more certainty. Zis must upset you greatly, I'm sorry."
He apologizes a third time.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Mon May 09, 2011 12:41 pm

FLUXX
"Tried to--? Oh, you mean... Terry doesn't speak German, Martin. He'd have a difficult time getting a job given the language barrier. Factor in that he has no Visa? No skills? No degree? Back in the states, he was the maintanance man at a nursing home... This is close to what he did before..." She cried as she trailed off. "Martin? If anything should happen... please take care of my little girl. She's been through so much these last few months and Now that she's beginning to make progress, I would hate to see her... Just take care of my Tatjana."
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon May 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Fluxx

"Zis I promise wiz my 'eart's strengz, Ma'am."

"Are you zinkig to tell ze Administrators?"

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Mon May 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Ursa
[Otso Karell] HP: 4

Otso's disappointment at Beatrice's response was plain on his face. <<"Of course Beatrice, good night. I'll see you in the morning for breakfast?">> A hopeful note crept into his voice toward the end.

Otso rounded on Larrikin with a scowl. "She wishes to be left alone so she can get some sleep. As for being rude, the pot calling the kettle black comes to mind. I don't know how much you were told on the flight back but it hasn't been a good day back here."

"It doesn't seem Beatrice shares your feelings so stop bothering her. You're the least of my worries but if I hear any complaints about you from her I'll act accordingly." His body-language made it clear Otso wasn't going to budge from Beatrice's door before Larrikin left.

McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:57 pm

OUTSIDE TATJANA'S ROOM (Martin; NPCs: Nadja Nelson)
Nadja simply stared vacantly ahead of her. "The headmistress has been through enough today," the German woman said. "It can wait until tomorrow..."

OUTSIDE BEATRICE'S ROOM (Otso; NPCs: Larrikin)
Larrikin started to chuckle. He turned towards Otso and pushed himself away from the wall by his hand. That hand stayed where it was and now braced him up. His head hung forward and shook as he chuckled. "Oh, I'll let her have her beauty sleep--not that she needs it... but...

"A boyfriend would have snapped when I fibbed--said something like, 'You're not her boyfriend--you're looking at him'; something like that... You're not her boyfriend, but you wanna be, huh? And your way of handling a little competition is a threat? Careful, mate--you might come off as obsessive..."

Michuru81 wrote:Will. (1d20+6=11) Larrikin will cooperate but retains his attitude.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Ursa

Otso's expression didn't even flicker at Larrikin's jabs. Instead he straightened himself up, crossing his arms in front of him. "It's not competition I'm worried about. Even though she only speaks French, you should still recognize a 'no' when you hear it."

"I'm obsessive? Maybe I am. I've seen too many people I care about get hurt, said too many goodbyes. This school? The people here? They're the closest thing I've got to a home and family right now. Today? People were shot, although no one died, thank God. Not this time, at least. I see one tear shed because of something you say or do and I swear I'll make you regret it. Go ahead, poke the bear."

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:33 pm

URSA (Otso; NPCs: Larrikin)
Larrikin smirked. "I could offer you the same advice," Larrikin said as he casually made his way down the hall. "Marty had to pull a few strings with the police in order to get me here," he intoned. "Made the crimes the police know about go away..."

At the end of the hall, Larrikin looked over his shoulder and grinned. "Sweet dreams, Whacka."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon May 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Fluxx.

Martin nodded. It was up to her afterall.

Martin took his leave, remembering Tatjana's kiss. Not feeling tired he decided to swing by Jack's room. They had fallen out of their extra training sessions. It would be good to get back to those.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon May 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Candyman
Vladislav Radikovich

Condition: I was correct sir! HP 4

Vlad retransformed his candy body to flesh and blood and let out a long breath. "I don't want to hurt anyone I don't have to Lexus. I have a to do list that already includes far more names than I would like. My abilities are primarily non-lethal anyway...with any luck delaying or distracting the pawns when the time comes, can be accomplished without injuring anyone."

"And as for your relationship with Cornelis...I already figured it out. I was not certain if the attraction was mutual, but, Cornelis is so besotted with you, it's almost embarrassing. I'm okay with it. Heck, given my girlfriends paternity, a little something like being gay is almost normal."
Vlad finished with a smile.

"So, who would be the best guest for me to invite to dinner? It has to be someone talky and likely to derail any inquisitive lines of thought Erudite may come up with. Despite my open skepticism, she'll dig deeper. She's too smart to take what I say at face value, which makes dinner simply another opportunity for her to interrogate me. I'm Dorothy in the throne room of the great and powerful Oz...I desperately need a Toto."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:07 pm

LAPUTA (Candyman; NPCs: Confectionery, Manticore)
There was no hesitation for the Romanian's guide: "Tantivy," he said, "although that's... a bit of a pendulum: one one hand, she might dominate the conversation. On the other hand, she might be so keen to please Erudite that she says nothing..."

Michuru81 wrote:Regardless of who Vlad invites, the dinner goes as follows: Erudite and Therianthrope arrive and sit beside each other; Confectionery arrives early, to allow herself to be there to greet her boy; Manticore's parents, Zehirli and Lioness, arrive last. Zehirli has a darker appearance than his bride--he is of Turkish decent. While Lioness' nationality is difficult to place from just a look, the fact that her son wears a kilt and she speaks with a Scottish brogue should be evidence enough.

Unless Vlad derails the conversation, the dinner is a normal dinner. Lioness brags up her son; while Therianthrope never mentions Jack's name, he does refer to "my boy" and tells the sorts of embarrassing--but endearing--stories everyone's parents horde from their respective childhoods: an Easter where Jack was absent from the egg hunt, only to be discovered minutes later with his hands and face covered in chocolate, insisting he wasn't the one who ate the other kid's chocolate bunnies; how he constantly would demand to be read his stack of Little Critter books ("I Was So Mad" being his favorite); how he begged to be put on a Little League team, only to spend game after game standing in center field, tossing his glove into the air and catching it...

As it goes, two of the dinners say little: Erudite and Confectionery...

Unless Horsenhero has something he wants to address, the dinner passes and Confectionery offers to lead the newest recruit to his room...

"I feel selfish," Confectionery confessed. "I want to know all about you, Vlad but... I feel like I don't have that right. I'm terrified that you hate me--I probably deserve that--but I... I want to try and explain some things...

"My real name is Katrina," she offered. "I was born in Moscow. I never knew my real parents either... I don't want to make you uncomfortable but I... I was approached by the KGB and told it was my duty to my country to serve as a... as a sex agent.

"I was in Canada when the KGB was disbanded, Vlad. I became stranded and... well, I moved to continue my mission. I was following a Russian who had defected to Ontario--to Windsor. He was your father, Vlad." The woman paused for a bit. "Eventually, I got back home and I... I ended up giving birth to you there. However, I had no job--my only skills were..." She sighed. "The only work I had known was as a glorified whore. My sole occupation was a dangerous one. I couldn't give you the life you deserved and I worried that the only life I knew would endanger you.

"Giving you up was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. If I could go back in time..." The woman sighed. "Should have, would have, could have, right?

"I had served the KGB. I had served my country. My country was no more. I had no master. I became a mercenary spy--took on any job and began to expand my skill set. I learned to fight--learned guerrilla tactics. I learned how to do even more things that I'm not proud of having done...

"Then, about a year ago, I was hired by this woman--Tabitha Lamperouge. She wanted to me to infiltrate this American agency--Black Box? I brought her a copy of the files they absconded from the New Vindicators Academy of America." Her voice was mournful as she confessed this to her son--not as mournful as when she spoke of giving him up but still sad. "It was a database of every student who had ever walked through their halls... including the impressions the administration had of alumni from their sister schools, during the 2007 Trials.

"It had information on almost every one of the current Vindicators, Vlad... I handed it over to Tabitha... and she rewarded me by dropping me into a tank of water. I was running out of air and unable to use my powers to help secure my escape. When I regained consciousness, I had surgical staples in my chest." She tugged at the collar of her shirt to shot Vlad a hint of what she meant. "Erudite planted explosives in me. If I disobey her, she can detonate it. Worse, if my heart stops... it will detonate.

"Maybe I'm a coward for it but... I'm here because I have no choice, Vlad. I'm here because the alternative is to die. I keep holding on, hoping the woman will slip up--hoping that I'll find an opening to this madness. It's been months, Vlad... and so farm nothing...

"Maybe I should have just died. At least then I wouldn't have had to do the horrible things she's commanded me to do.

"Maybe this changes nothing for you but I..." Confectionery sighed. "I had to tell you, Vlad. I'm tired of keeping secrets..."

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Mon May 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Ursa

Once Larrikin left, Otso trudged to his room to get some sleep.

GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby GPrime » Tue May 10, 2011 5:28 am

Emily
Breathing a sigh of relief, Emily leaves the infirmary. He was lying. Thank god. Lex was one thing, how was she supposed to deal with a school full of Lacunas? (Lacunae?).
"I'll get on it in the morning. I think he deserves a night's rest." Emily said. "Everyone that came into contact with him is clean, no Lacuna seeds." She adds after a moment. "At least, everyone I know about."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue May 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Candyman
Vladislav Radikovich

Condition: mommy issues HP 4

Vlad listened to his biological mother's tale of woe with a skeptical ear. While she sounded remorseful, and seemed to truly regret this affiliation, he couldn't help but wonder...much like with Lexus, if she was simply enacting a ploy set in motion by Erudite to divert him. Still, he listened attentively, respectfully for her to finish. Once she ended her story, he rubbed his chin thoughtfully and after a few moments, spoke.

"I don't hate you. I do not fault you for trying to survive, but, there are things...events that have happened that make me question the absolute veracity of your tale. Those things can wait for another day though. At this moment, all I can offer you is some hope and something to ponder."

"Our weakness to water need not be absolute. It can be resisted...the dissolution of the candy form. I've been practicing and I can maintain my powered form about fifty percent of the time, even when drenched. It takes effort, but, it can be done. Also, with Jack as my inspiration, I've been experimenting with the morphology of the candy form. Certainly, the gummi transition is easiest to make, but, I've managed to master a second, hard candy form, and am working on the mental keys to a third, liquid syrup state. It is that third state that may prove the key to your survival. A heart surgeon could attach an external pacemaker to the bomb giving it a regular sinus rhythm to monitor while you flowed away from it, should you master that form. You would then be free to determine your own destiny."

Sensing she might interrupt him Vlad held up a finger to forestall her.

"It is in your best interest to use your espionage skills to arrange for this to be done as quickly as you can arrange it, because, if Erudite foresaw that she would need your continued services...she has also freseen a scenario where your services are no longer necessary. Given that she was willing to threaten you with death to force your servitude, she would not be foolish enough to assume you would walk away without seeking redress. Even if you do everything she asks of you, someday she'll detonate that bomb to be rid of you."

Vlad unconsciously makes to push back the once shaggy hair that always got in his eyes. He smiled catching himself in the midst of the gesture, since he'd gotten a much neater haircut to be more presentable for Ellen. With a snort of amusement he dropped the hand back to his side.

"I will warn you, even if you succeed in slipping the bonds of your servitude, Jack Rexroth still desires to have a...discussion with you about a woman whose death you caused in Kaiserslautern. Surely you remember the hostage in the opaque dome? Jack does. He feels remorse and anger over that, and blames you. Should you live to see that day, I won't interfere with him...though I may no longer assist him."

Vlad shrugged impassively. "Thank you for the warning about Erudite. I assumed she would try to guarantee my turning coat when I got here. It's nice to know she lacks subtlety. Perhaps we'll have an opportunity to speak again."

Vlad dips his head perfunctorily, not wanting to hug the woman or display anything that might be mistaken for affection. Despite her seeming remorse, he couldn't afford to allow any feelings to develop for any of these people. They were his enemies. After that brief gesture, he retires to the chamber assigned him.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Shazam!

Postby Michuru81 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:31 pm

NEW VINDICATORS ACADEMY OF EUROPE #7: X-Ray

2008 October 14
Tuesday

The day after the shooting and Larrikin's arrival...

FOURTH FLOOR, NORTHEAST HALL (Jack; NPCs: Ellen)
Jack opened his door to find Ellen waiting in the dimly lit hallway. At the sight of him she rose up from the crouching position and nodded to him. "So," she said, "who are we fighting today?"

THIRD FLOOR, NORTHEAST HALL (Martin)
Determined to rejoin Jack's morning workout in the Wreck Room, Martin beat the sun in rising early. He had no need for dressing--not when the molecules that composed his uniform were a part of him. It would take little more effort than a thought to transform what he was wearing into the kevlar uniforms each of the New Vindicators had been outfitted with.

Jack's room was a floor above his--directly above Lex's room, actually. It might have been a small miracle that Lex had yet to complain and accuse Jack of stomping with intent of disturbing his peace.

As Martin moved to ascend to the fourth floor, he ran into a cluster of the United Nation's security officers. They were all wearing a somber expression. Something was wrong...

THIRD FLOOR, NORTHEAST HALL (Lex; NPCs: Larrikin)
Lex opened his door to find a stranger shutting the door across the hall from him. In the months since Lex had been a student here, he had been fortunate enough to have some of the more quiet students for neighbors: in the hall he occupied rested Cornelis, Randy, Eve and Martin. The room directly across from him had remained vacant… until now, it seemed.

"G'day," the blonde boy said cheerily. "Off to grab some breakie, eh?"

CAFETERIA (Viktor; NPCs: Mira)
When Viktor knocked on Mira's door, he found she wasn't there. Thinking she might have already headed down to the cafeteria, he made his way down, only to find it devoid of British women who held his fancy. Some of the Freshmen were here; Dag and Mario were eating with them; Gaspar and Randy ate together… but Mira was nowhere to be seen.

Eventually, she came through the doors. Her hair was wet; she looked like she had just gotten out of the shower. "Sorry," she said as she planted a kiss on his cheek, "Eve said you were knocking at my door. I had to take a quick shower…" Suddenly she grimaced. "Sarah… got sick this morning." Mira's voice dropped to a whisper. "She's pregnant." Her face contorted into a look of rage. "She said the daddy…" She shook her head. "He treated her like a one-night stand. I mean, here she is trying to get over her mom's death and he… For God's sake she's only fourteen!"

Suddenly, she realized that her voice had raised. It was one thing to share Sarah's secret for Viktor--she could trust Viktor--but she didn't want to turn the pregnant girl into the target of rumors and gossip. "What kind of guy does something like that?" Mira asked him. She threaded her arm around his and rested her head on his shoulder. "I mean, can you imagine?"

EVERYWHERE (Otso)
Beatrice was not in her room. She was not in the cafeteria. Beatrice was no where to be found.

HI (Emily, Jason, Kas)
Michuru81 wrote:I planned nothing for this characters (and in a sense, Otso) because I didn't want to discourage them from coming together. These four alone know about Doctor Fischer's decision concerning Cornelis' laptop; if they need to discuss it… go ahead.

If anyone has other plans, however, feel free to make them known.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Shazam!

Postby flynnarrel » Tue May 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Fluxx

Michuru81 wrote:NEW VINDICATORS ACADEMY OF EUROPE #7: X-Ray
THIRD FLOOR, NORTHEAST HALL (Martin)

As Martin moved to ascend to the fourth floor, he ran into a cluster of the United Nation's security officers. They were all wearing a somber expression. Something was wrong...

Martin's face grew to match those of the officer's. "I am a Prefect at zis school... and a 'ealer. May I be of assistance to you officers? Accompany you?" Martin figured the latter rather than the former might sway the officers' opinion of his involvement.

Return to “M&M Game Room”