J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 29, 2011 11:30 am

Today, we're focusing on our Guardians of the Globe line, so get ready for lot of new items, including this one, on the Aisle 7 shelves!

Keep it clean in your head, Thorpe...keep it clean...

DUPLI-KATE
PL: 8 (237 pts) - OPL: 8; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+14), Deception 6 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 5 (+11), Technology 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Mandarin, Cantonese, Base: English), Ranged Attack (3), Redirect, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Dupli-Kating: Summon Duplicate 8 (120 pts; Extra: Active, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 6 [64 minions], Sacrifice); 129 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: Her husband, The Immortal
Responsibility: To protect the public as a member of the Guardians of The Globe/Teen Team
Rivalry: Her brother Multi-Paul, kinda Rex Splode

Abilities 58 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 129 + Defenses 16 = 237 / 237

Comments: C’mon, now…Dupli-Kate…Is that not like the best superhero name ever or what? If not, it has to be her brother Multi-Paul…

As you would guess Kate is a duplicator, which along with her martial arts prowess makes her a very effective character. And apparently very effective with the dudes, seeing as how she can call in...um, extra assistance when she's...well...you get the picture.

Man, duplication is hella expensive in 3E, but really, it should be. It basically allows you to make as many characters as you can fit in for the points, which can be unbalancing if not handled properly.

Clean Up 4/27/12: Kate goes down to PL8.

Clean Up 7/12/13: Minor tweaks to Kate as I work up her bro, Multi-Paul.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 29, 2011 11:37 am

This item isn't officially a Guardians of the Globe member anymore, but she's close enough to slide into today's run. Plus, Randal really likes her.

Dude, she can change anything into anything! Can you imagine? "Hey Randal, honey, would like to a new big screen plasma TV? Go get those empty boxes over there and let me make one for you, big daddy..."

O...K...on to the build...

ATOM EVE
PL: 11 (175 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Athletics (+1), Close Combat (Transmutation) 5 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 15 (+18), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 1 (+4), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Transmutation Array] 8 (+10), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Quick Change: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Transmutation Flight: Flight 6 (120 mph; Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Platform); 12 pts
Molecular Control: Dynamic Array, 72 pt array; 80 pts
Transmutation: Transform 12 (3200 lbs; Anything into Anything Else, Extra: Duration [Continuous]); 72 pts
DAE - Creation: Create 12 (Extra: Duration [Continuous], Movable, Precise, Selective); 2 pts
DAE - Force Field: Protection 12, Impervious 6 (12 ranks); (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts
DAE - Force Blast: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating); 2 pts
DAE - Matter Snare: Ranged Affliction 12 (1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1]
Transmutation +10 [Transform +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Transmutation Array +10 [Force Blast +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +1 (+13 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +5, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Guilt: She is quite often concerned that being a superhero is not the best use of her incredible gifts
Identity: She generally tries to maintain her secret identity of Samantha Eve Wilkins
Motivation: Using her powers to make the world a better place
Relationships: With Invincible

Abilities 40 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 93 + Defenses 16 = 175 / 175

Comments: Atom Eve is a main character in Invincible. They start out as crime-fighting friends but become more and it’s a well done transition. She is a very powerful character, with the ability to change anything into anything. At first, she didn’t really do THAT much with, but as time has gone on, she’s gotten more and more powerful, even bringing herself back to life after getting gutted by an angry Viltrumite that Mark was fighting. And she even subconsciously made her chest bigger for her man. Hmmmm, Randal may be on to something here...

I went over points because I wanted this to be her full bore version, but I sense a PC PL10/150 coming soon.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 29, 2011 11:43 am

Didn't plan it, but it appears we have a bit of a LADIES' FIRST run going here as we we work through our backlog of Guardians of The Globe builds.

You know, this picture reminds me of something that happens to my wife about the end of every month...

MONSTER GIRL
PL: 11 (142 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics (+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 6 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation 10 (+11/+13) [Startle], Perception (+2), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+5), Stealth (+2), Technology 2 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Crushing Pin*, Diehard, Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown (1), Ultimate Effort (1) (Toughness Checks)

POWERS:
Monster Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +1, +4 Mass; Extra: Innate), Enhanced Skills 4 (Intimidation 8 ranks); 13 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Impervious 8, Immunity 5 (All Environmental Conditions), Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds); 25 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC14] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +15 (+8 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +14, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Using her monster form continuously de-ages her human form, to where she is chronologically 29 but has the body of a 14 year old and could eventually de-age to infancy (or worse) without her Transformation Control Belt
Involuntary Transformation: If rendered unconscious, she reverts to her normal identity
Relationships: She has gotten close to Robot
Responsibility: To protect the world as a member of the Guardians of the Globe
Secret Identity: When not in monster form, her stats drop to STR 0, CON 0, FGT 3 and she loses all other powers

Abilities 68 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 38 + Defenses 17 = 142 / 142

Comments: Monster Girl is another interesting concept. She was the victim of a gypsy curse that allowed her to turn into a monster of great strength and durability at the cost of de-aging her every time she used the ability. So she's about a 29 year old stuck in the body of a 12 year old girl. Definitely makes it hard for her to big cigarettes...

At least of where I'm at in the books, Robot has found a way to cure her condition and they are sort of dating, which has been pretty fun stuff.

Clean Up 4/27/12: Monster Girl goes up to PL11 in my little Image review.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: DCA tweaks, Guardians of the Globe

Postby Arkrite » Sun May 29, 2011 11:59 am

Bulletproof is amusing in that his costume, and his name are actually cast offs of Mark's when they were first designing Invincible.

I'd actually love to see some more characterization for the Guardians of the Globe and some of the other teams.

Specifically Sampson and Bulletproof. Sampson seems like he has plenty of potential for interesting stories, and Bulletproof just needs some spotlight to make himself something other than "Invincible-Lite".

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sun May 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Y'know Thorp, you might've convinced me to take the monumental road trip to my local comic store (only 35 miles away) to pick up some Invincible trades. I have to admit, when I first saw them, my response was less than enthusiastic...I mean, yet another knock-off of Superboy/man and the JLA? I just passed. I don't like Superman that much...so why would I want to read stories about a Superman knock-off?

However...the supporting cast is a lot more fun looking than I'd originally imagined, so I'm gonna take a peek.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Arkrite wrote:Bulletproof is amusing in that his costume, and his name are actually cast offs of Mark's when they were first designing Invincible.

I'd actually love to see some more characterization for the Guardians of the Globe and some of the other teams.

Specifically Sampson and Bulletproof. Sampson seems like he has plenty of potential for interesting stories, and Bulletproof just needs some spotlight to make himself something other than "Invincible-Lite".

Me, too. The snippets have been good, but I'd like to see more. They did a 6-issue Guardians of the Globe series that is wrapping soon and I have the trade on pre-order at Amazon. I'm it gives the rest of them a little more time to shine outside of Invincible's shadow.

Still considering it is Invincible's book, Kirkman has done a good job of giving us enough to be interested in them. It's not like the JLA or Avengers get a ton of run in the main characters' solo books, they pop up when needed just like the Guardians.

Horsenhero wrote:Y'know Thorp, you might've convinced me to take the monumental road trip to my local comic store (only 35 miles away) to pick up some Invincible trades. I have to admit, when I first saw them, my response was less than enthusiastic...I mean, yet another knock-off of Superboy/man and the JLA? I just passed. I don't like Superman that much...so why would I want to read stories about a Superman knock-off?

However...the supporting cast is a lot more fun looking than I'd originally imagined, so I'm gonna take a peek.

YAY! Another convert! Can I get an amen from the back?!?!?! :D

You could do like I do and sit on your rear and order the trades from Amazon, too. I should probably get them from my local shop, but I give them $40+ a month anyway for my regular stuff and the extras they always talk me into.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Our Guardians of the Globe run continues with this J-Mart Favorite item.

And finally, his wish came true and Pinocchio became a real boy...

ROBOT (RUDY CONNORS)
PL: 10 (172 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Deception 7 (+8), Expertise [Science] 5 (+15), Insight 5 (+7) [Assessment], Intimidation (+1), Investigation 2 (+12) [Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+1), Technology 10 (+20) [Inventor, Skill Mastery]

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (3) (Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Conspiracy Theorist* (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (8), Inventor, Leadership, Sidekick (19) (Robot Automaton), Skill Mastery (1) (Technology), Teamwork, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Link with Automaton: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Mental, Robot Automaton]), Remote Sensing 19 (2000 Miles; Visual, Auditory, Extra: Duration [Continuous], Simultaneous, Flaw: Medium [Robot Automaton], Noticeable); 59 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(45ep), JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Watchtower/JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Status); 5ep
Vehicle: (24ep)
Skycycle: Size - M, Strength - 6, Flight - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 9, Features 2 (Navigation System, Remote Control); 24ep
Headquarters: (15ep), Secret Lab: Size - Large, Tough - 13; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Hangar, Infirmary, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Security System 2, Workshop

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +1, Fortitude +4, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Know it All: Due to his physical seclusion and his high intelligence, he lacks some social skills and can come off as a know-it-all
Motivation: He has a master plan, but he has not revealed it all yet
Relationships: He has a thing for Monster Girl
Responsibility: To protect the world as a member of the Guardians of the Globe/Teen Team

Abilities 40 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 59 + Defenses 18 = 172 / 172

Comments: Robot is a great character. When the series starts, it just appears that Robot is, well, a Robot. But you learn that Robot is actually an automaton controlled by Rudy Connors, a super genius confined to an isolation tank due to his physical deformities. He eventually gets the Mauler Twins to help him clone a new body for his mind from Rex Splode and reveals his true nature to the Guardians. I’m up to the book where he and Monster Girl have a date, which is kinda cute.

I wasn’t quite for sure how to set up that whole deal, so I went with a Sidekick for Rudy of the Automaton, who has the actual combat abilities and Rudy can control him with his Communication Link and Remote Sensing. Remote Sensing came out very expensive, if I counted it right, but I think it fits well.

Here is his Automaton body:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROBOT (AUTOMATON)
PL: 10 (94 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA NA, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT NA, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE NA

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics (+8), Deception (-5), Insight (+1), Perception 7 (+8), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 7 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Improved Initiative (1), Interpose

POWERS:
Robot Body: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 11, Impervious 5 (10 ranks); 51 pts
Super Senses: Senses 6 (Communication Link [Robot], Infravision, Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision, Normal Vision [Extended 2]); 6 pts
Datalink: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Machines); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +11 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude NA, Will NA

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: Obey Rudy Connors

Abilities 14 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 61 + Defenses 5 = 94 / 94

Comments: Robot’s, um Robot body. This is the version Rudy controls remotely and sends in his place.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Postby BARON » Sun May 29, 2011 8:09 pm

yeah after book 7, I need to update my robot build. the remote control thing is a recent development for me too.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 29, 2011 8:15 pm

The Guardians of the Globe keep coming as we empty the warehouse!

You gotta love Sexy Rexy...

REX SPLODE
PL: 10 (146 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 4 (+9), Deception 7 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Insight (+1), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+11), Sleight of Hand 4 (+9), Stealth 6 (+11), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Rexsplosions: Array, 26 pt array; 27 pts
Rexsplosion Burst: Energy Ranged Area Burst Damage 9 (Extra: Area Burst, Flaw: Quirk [requires large object]); 26 pts
Rexsplosion Blast: Energy Ranged Damage 9 (Extra: Multiattack, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Quirk [requires small objects]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep
Batons: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2, Extra: Split; 3ep
Various Throwing Objects; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +5; Batons +7]
Ranged Attack +7
Throwing +11 [Rexsplosion Blast +9, Multiattack; Rexsplosion Burst +9, Area Burst

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Pain In The Ass: Rex can draw the ladies, but he can also make an ass out of himself at the drop of a hat
Relationships: Kinda with Dupli-Kate, formerly Atom Eve
Responsibility: To protect the public as a member of the Guardians of the Globe/Teen Team

Abilities 64 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 27 + Defenses 16 = 146 / 146

Comments: I really dig Rex Splode. Gambit’s powerset, basically, but he’s got pretty close to Cap level physical ability and best of all, he’s generally a jerk, which always endears comic characters to me. I thought his best moment was when they were auditioning for the new Guardians of the Globe and he lipped off to Monster Girl and she beat the crap out of him. But he ended up being a good hero and was actually taking his role seriously until he died. Which, surprisingly enough, Kirkman has done a pretty good job of making deaths in his universe stick so far, for the most part.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 29, 2011 8:22 pm

More Guardians of the Globe are coming out of the warehouse.

When in doubt...throw them into space...

THE IMMORTAL
PL: 12 (180 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 11, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+2), Athletics (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+12), Deception (+2), Expertise [History] 10 (+13), Expertise [Military] 7 (+10), Insight 7 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation (+2), Investigation (+3), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand (+2), Stealth (+2), Technology (+3), Treatment (+3), Vehicles (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Immortality: Protection 2, Impervious 4 (8 ranks), Immunity 7 (All Environmental Conditions, Aging, Disease), Regeneration 1 (Extra: Persistent), Immortality 5 (1 day, Flaw: Limited [must have all body parts assembled]); 24 pts
Flying: Flight 8 (500mph); 16 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Watchtower/JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +11
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +13, Fortitude +12, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Mauler Twins
Fame: As a member of the Guardians of the Globe and long time hero, he is well known
Identity: While he currently does not maintain a secret identity, he tries to keep his past identities secret from public knowledge
Man out of Time: While he adapts to the technology of the times well, he often closes himself off emotionally to keep from feeling the hurt that comes from losing loved ones for thousands of years
Relationships: His wife, Dupli-Kate
Responsibility: To protect the world as a member of the Guardians of the Globe

Abilities 92 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 40 + Defenses 20 = 180 / 180

Comments: The Immortal initially comes off as kind of a dick through the beginning of The Invincible series, but as they reveal a little more about him as time goes on, you can see why. Even though being immortal can be a gift, watching everyone you love die for thousands of years would certainly harden a man.

As a paragon (again Kirkman, REALLY loves them, apparently) in the Invincible-verse, he's pretty good, usually able to hang with Invincible, but Omni-Man and Allen (upgraded) can hand him his ass. But Omni-Man pretty much does that to everyone except some other powerful Viltrumites, you can't hold that against him. And you gotta give the dude props for ending up with Dupli-Kate.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 29, 2011 8:30 pm

That's it for the Guardians tonite. Two more to go, just have to finish them up. Then I've got Allen the Alien, The Avengers Academy, a couple of Avengers (Black Widow, Spider-Woman, etc.) and then I'm hitting the villains HARD for a while since I am way out of whack with hero/villain balance yet again. So far, I am working on:

The Destroyer
Loki
Terrax The Tamer
The Legion of Losers
Whiplash
The Mandarin
Unicorn
The Lizard League
The Mauler Twins
More Invincible-verse villains
A couple of Dresden-verse villains, and kinda original Dresdenverse villains for my upcoming FTF game
Some original villains
Fuhrer King Bradley from FMA
Some Decepticons

...and more...
Shop J-Mart!

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Mon May 30, 2011 12:08 am

Nice wotk on the GoG Thorpa. Personallly I don't like too much the last issues of Invincible, but I admit it's a great serie.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Postby cassius335 » Mon May 30, 2011 3:47 am

Ooooh, Decepticons...

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon May 30, 2011 7:00 am

Woodclaw wrote:Nice wotk on the GoG Thorpa. Personallly I don't like too much the last issues of Invincible, but I admit it's a great serie.

I've heard that from a couple of folks, actually. I'm still catching up, so I haven't gotten up the current run yet. No book is great forever, I suppose.

cassius335 wrote:Ooooh, Decepticons...

Yeah, I figured I would whip up a few before Dark of the Moon comes out and there's another big Transformers run here since we are all usually compelled to work up what we've recently seen.

Oh yeah, I am going to try to work in some Ghost in the Shell and Avatar: The Last Airbender stuff, too. It's a might ambitious, but I am feeling very MnM motivated these days. We'll see if it lasts through my big list. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon May 30, 2011 7:25 am

We're winding down our GOTG run with two more builds. Check out this new item for Aisle 7.

J'onn who?

SHAPESMITH
PL: 11 (165 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Martian Lore] 6 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+1), Investigation (+1), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Sleight of Hand (+2), Stealth 3 (+7), Technology 4 (+5), Treatment (+1), Vehicles (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Martian Physiology: Immunity 10 (Life Support), Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write all languages); 18 pts
Shapeshifting: Variable 9 (45 pts traits; Physical Descriptor); 63 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Watchtower/JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: Not having studied the finer points of human civilization, he sometimes has trouble adjusting to life here
Enemy: Sequids, other Martians
Fame: By taking the form of a well-known astronaut and working with the Guardians of the Globe, he is very well known in his default form
Involuntary Transformation: He can only hold his human form for a number of hours without extra effort and he also reverts back to Martian form when incapacitated
Motivation: Making up for his mistakes and fitting in by protecting humanity
Secret: Depending upon what point in continuity you are using him, his Martian identity and the whole Sequids thing he keeps hidden

Abilities 42 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 81 + Defenses 16 = 165 / 165

Comments: Shapesmith is a fun character in the Invincible setting. He’s a Martian similar to J’onn J’onzz except not quite as powerful or having the telepathic abilities where he can shapeshift into pretty much anything he wants. But he’s kinda goofy so he fills a Plastic Man role on the GOTG.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”