J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:15 pm

A new item from our Full Metal Alchemist line is hitting the J-Mart shelves!

FUHRER KING BRADLEY
PL: 11 (200 pp) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 5 (+8), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+12/+16), Deception 7 (+11), Expertise [Current Event] 7 (+10), Expertise [History] 6 (+9), Expertise [Military] 10 (+13), Insight 7 (+11/+15) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+10) [Startle], Investigation 5 (+8) [Well-Informed], Perception 7 (+11/+15) [Ultimate Effort], Persuasion 6 (+10) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+11/+15), Stealth 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (3) (Status – Ruler of Amestris), Connected, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Follow-Up Strike*, Improved Critical (2) (Swords 2), Improved Initiative (2), Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Startle, Takedown (1), Weapon Break, Well-Informed

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Improved Critical (2) (Swords 2), Improved Initiative (1), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover and Concealment), Seize Initiative, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Perception), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Homunculus Physiology: Protection 2, Regeneration 5; 7 pts
Ultimate Eye: Enhanced Advantages 9 (see Advantages), Enhanced Skills 8 (Close Combat: Swords 4, Insight 4, Perception 4, Ranged Combat: Firearms 4), Enhanced Dodge 3, Enhanced Parry 3, Senses 12 (Danger Sense [Visual], Normal Vision [Extended, Analytical], Detect Weakness [Visual], Precognition), Variable 1 (One power, Adds Multiattack to Sword attacks); 40 pts

EQUIPMENT:
10ep
Arsenal: (10ep)
Twin Swords: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Extra: Split, Medium; 9ep
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 100 ft range, Small; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7/+11
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3]
Long Blades +12/+16 [Swords +6, Critical 18-20; Ultimate Eye Sword Attack +6, Critical 16-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +8
Firearms +11/+15 [Heavy Pistol +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 (+14 with Ultimate Eye) [DC21/24] Parry +11 (+14 with Ultimate Eye) [DC21/24]
Toughness +7 (+8 with Ultimate Eye), Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: He's the undisputed ruler of Amestris and a total bad ass. I'd be arrogant, too
Enemy: Roy Mustang and crew. The Elric Brothers
Motivation: Serving…(if you know, you know, if not, I'm not spoiling)
Power Loss: …(again, I'm not spoiling)
Relationships: His wife and son, Selim
Responsibility: To the country
Secret: …(again, I'm not spoiling)
Weakness: Depends on your setting, the 1st anime or the 2nd anime/manga. Again, if you know the series, you know it, if not, I am not spoiling

Abilities 72 + Skills 40 (80 ranks) + Advantages 32 + Powers 37 + Defenses 19 = 200 / 200

Comments: Fuhrer King Bradley is the ruler of the country of Amestris, the setting for the excellent anime Full Metal Alchemist. He is a complicated character, at times being a primary antagonist, and at others, seemingly aiding the Elrics to further his own ends. Regardless, he a major, major bad ass in the FMA universe, being a wicked swordsman and gifted military strategist, with the whole country’s military at his disposal.

As stated in his complications, there is more to him than meets the eye no matter what version you’re using him as, be it the 1st anime, the manga or the 2nd anime, which is closer to the manga from what I can tell. I must again give props to Kreuzritter for hipping me to the coolness of this show thanks to his excellent 2E builds and promotion of said series. It was a gateway show to anime for me, and thanks to that, I now enjoy Bleach, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Blood Plus and others.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Check out this new item from brand new Cowboy Bebop line!

Only I can wake you up...

VICIOUS
PL: 8 (120 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+11), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 10 (+12), Insight (+3), Intimidation 6 (+8) [Startle], Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+9), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (4) (Status 2 [Head of the Red Dragon Crime Syndicate], Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (6), Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Spike Spiegel), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, Base: Japanese), Precise Attack (1) (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Startle, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Improved Critical (1) (Swords), Power Attack, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Vicious Style: 7 pts traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 5 pts
Katana Mastery: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Advantages 3 (see Advantages); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
[i](30ep)

26ep as needed for Vehicles, HQ, etc.
Arsenal: (4ep)
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +2]
Katana +11 [Katana +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +6
Firearms +9

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+11 with Katana) [DC19/21] Parry +9 (+11 with Katana) [DC19/21]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Rising to the top of the Red Dragon syndicate, killing Spike
Relationships: Julia
Rivalry: Spike Spiegel

Abilities 58 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 3 + Defenses 5 = 120 / 120

Comments: This is my take on Vicious, the main antagonist in Cowboy Bebop. He was once tight with Spike Spiegel, the main protagonist as they were rising up through the Red Dragon syndicate. Then things got messy, this girl Julia got in the way, Spike faked his death to leave the syndicate and Vicious lived up to his name and rose to the top of the Syndicate. He and Spike have a GREAT final showdown at the end of the series, which is what I modeled this build after. I probably should have him at PL7, but I wanted him to be able to hang with the Robin's and Nightwing's of the world for at least a big in case I actually use him in a street level story or test.

He is a master with the katana and a top flight mob boss and I felt pretty good about capturing that. I might have went a little overboard with his sword skill, but I dig him a lot as a villain, so he gets top notch treatment here.

Spike and the other crew members of the Bebop are coming eventually, but I got sidetracked into other areas so it will be a while before they get posted.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

#282-#283

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:46 pm

We're kicking off a run of our newest special, our HAIL, HYDRA! Special!

*shakes Satan Claw* HO-GAAAANNNNNN!!!

Sorry, the dude looks just like Colonel Klink in Hogan's Heroes.

BARON WOLFGANG VON STRUCKER
PL: 11 (212 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+10), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+14), Deception 7 (+12) [Taunt], Expertise [Civics] 5 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 8 (+13), Expertise [Magic] 2 (+7), Expertise [Military] 8 (+13), Insight 4 (+9), Intimidation 7 (+12) [Startle], Investigation 4 (+9) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 5 (+11), Stealth 5 (+8), Vehicles 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status – Supreme HYDRA, Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Close Attack (1), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (8), Favored Foe (Captain America), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, Base: German), Leadership, Minion (7) (25 HYDRA Agents), Ranged Attack (3), Startle, Taunt, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Death Spore Enhancements: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Stamina 2, Enhanced Agility 1, Regeneration 2 (Extra: Persistent), Immunity 1 (Aging); 15 pts
Death Spore Virus: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cumulative, Reach [10 ft]); 20 pts
Satan Claw: 11 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 9 pts
Claw Strike: Electrical Damage 10; 10 pts
AE - Claw Drain: Weaken Stamina 10 (Flaw: Grab Based); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(40ep)
Uniform: Protection 1; 1ep
Arsenal: (9ep)
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 100 ft range, Small; 8ep
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 1ep
30ep as needed for HQ, vehicles, weapons

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +4; Satan Claw +10]
Swords +14 [Swords +7, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +6
Firearms +11 [Heavy Pistol +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +9, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His sense of superiority can cause him to become overconfident and lead to his downfall
Enemy: Captain America, Nick Fury
Motivation: He never stops wanting power for HYDRA and the Nazi party
Patriotism: He still has strong Nazi ties
Plot Device: He carries the Death Spore virus within him and if he is actually killed, it will be released and could potentially wipe out all life on the planet
Rivalry: Baron Zemo and others that he feels are a threat to his power

Abilities 70 + Skills 41 (82 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 45 + Defenses 20 = 212 / 212

Comments: HAIL, HYDRA! CUT OFF ONE STUPID WORLD DOMINATION PLAN AND TWO MORE PLANS TAKE IT'S PLACE!

Good old HYDRA. Where would Nick Fury and countless other Marvel heroes find a punching bag like you? God bless you for providing us with endless minions for Wolverine and Cap to crush over the years and big world domination plans that always fail. You have a special place in my heart, always...

And now that the obligatory sarcasm is out of the way, on to the builds. We're starting with the top dog of HYDRA (for now), Baron Strucker. He has been around the Marvel U forever it seems. He never gets the big time storyline personally, but he’s always around, making things difficult for Fury or Cap and heading up one of the big world domination plans that always gets foiled.

He's actually a pretty competent supervillain, though. He's a great fighter, a strong tactictian and his Satan Claw can be pretty wicked. Many writers have portrayed it different ways, but I went a basic version. Lots of that other stuff he's done over the years could be power stunted or just give him a new version of the Claw.

More HYDRA builds are coming over the next couple of days. And below are some mook HYDRA agents for good old goon sweeping fodder!

HYDRA AGENT
PL: 4 (42 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+3), Deception 2 (+2), Expertise [Grid Lore] 3 (+4), Insight (+1), Perception 1 (+2), Stealth 1 (+2), Technology 2 (+3), Vehicles 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (4), Interpose, Ranged Attack (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
Undercover Shirt: Protection 2, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 2ep
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep
Arsenal: (16ep)
Assault Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Extra: Multi-Attack; 125 ft range, Large; 15ep
Fragmentation Grenades: Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 25 ft; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3 [Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack; Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +2 (+4 against ballistics), Fortitude +4, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To serve HYDRA

Abilities 22 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 0 + Defenses 8 = 42 / 42

Comments: Hail, HYDRA!
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Re: #278-#279

Postby cassius335 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:05 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+3), Deception 2 (+2), Expertise [Grid Lore] 3 (+4), Insight (+1), Perception 1 (+2), Stealth 1 (+2), Technology 2 (+3), Treatment , Vehicles 1 (+3), Variable

Variable? As in "there's a spare point"?

Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: King Bradley, Vicious, HAIL HYDRA!

Postby Severance » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:28 am

Sweet new builds Thorp! Keep 'em coming!

P.S. I would pay to see Vicious against Nightwing

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby MisterO » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:49 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:We're kicking off a run of our newest special, our HAIL, HYDRA! Special!

*shakes fist* HO-GAAAANNNNNN!!!

Sorry, the dude just looks like Colonel Klink in Hogan's Heroes.

Y'know in the Avengers/Thunderbolts crossover novel some poor guy actually makes that mistake... and pays for it.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Severance wrote:Sweet new builds Thorp! Keep 'em coming!

P.S. I would pay to see Vicious against Nightwing

I'll put it on the list of tests. I'd like to see it, too. Maybe I can get someone who knows what they're doing to run it, even! :wink:

All kidding aside, I'm down with it. I REALLY need to start getting a grip on running 3E since I have a game to run on the 25th (I hope).

cassius335 wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+3), Deception 2 (+2), Expertise [Grid Lore] 3 (+4), Insight (+1), Perception 1 (+2), Stealth 1 (+2), Technology 2 (+3), Treatment , Vehicles 1 (+3), Variable

Variable as in, "I have an extra spot or too in my Excel/Word building templates for extra Skills that will come out in subsequent 3E books and I forgot to peel it off before I posted". Thanks for the catch. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Our HAIL, HYDRA! Special keeps on rolling with this new item!

I know she would lay a poison kiss on me or stab me in the back in no time, but still...I'd go out with her.

VIPER
PL: 9 (175 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 9 (+13/+15) [Attractive, Daze, Taunt], Expertise [Criminal] 8 (+11), Expertise [Poison] 7 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 7 (+10), Insight (+4), Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 6 (+9) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 7 (+11/+13) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+13), Sleight of Hand 4 (+9), Stealth 5 (+10), Technology 2 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (3) (Status 3 – HYDRA Leader), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (6), Fascinate (1), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (3) (Pick 4, Base: English), Leadership, Minion (8) (25 HYDRA Agents), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6), Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Taunt, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Ageless: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poisons); 3 pts

[EQUIPMENT:
(30ep)
Arsenal: (19ep)
Assault Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Extra: Multi-Attack; 125 ft range, Large; 15ep
Sniper Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Critical 19-20; 125 ft range, Large; 1ep
Whip: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 0, Reach x3 [15 ft], Improved Trip, Improved Grab, Small; 1ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 1ep
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 1ep
11ep as needed for weapons, other equipment, etc.

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2; Whip +2; Knives +3, Critical 19-20; Sword +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +11
Firearms +13 [Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack; Sniper Rifle +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Nick Fury, SHIELD, Captain America, Wolverine
Responsibility: Hail HYDRA! But mainly, to herself

Abilities 76 + Skills 39 (78 ranks) + Advantages 42 + Powers 3 + Defenses 15 = 175 / 175

Comments: A longtime Marvel U villainess, Viper, generally known as Madame Hydra. She's a great mook leader and street level character, but she pretty much always gets her arse handed to her by Cap or Wolverine (or the Contessa, even) so I put her at PL9 with tons of skill points. Apparently she's been killed and brought back as an actual Hydra woman, which I hope to Stan Lee is a very short term deal.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:52 pm

The HAIL, HYDRA! Special keeps on rolling.

And the countdown to him backstabbing Baron Strucker begins...

THE GORGON (TOMI SHISHIDO)
PL: 12 (259 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 5 (+12), Deception (+5), Expertise [Business] 2 (+12), Expertise [Magic]) 1 (+11), Expertise [Military] 2 (+12), Expertise [Science] 2 (+12), Insight (+5), Intimidation 5 (+10), Investigation 3 (+13) [Well-Informed], Perception 2 (+7), Persuasion (+5), Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth 7 (+12), Technology 3 (+13), Treatment (+10), Vehicles (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Hand/HYDRA Status), Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (1), Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Katana), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (4) (English, Mandarin, German, 5 others), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (2), Well-Informed

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Evasion (1), Improved Defense, Seize Initiative, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Regeneration 5, Feature 1 (Longevity); 6 pts
Enhanced Abilities: Speed 3 (16 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 4 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 11, Enhanced Advantages 5 (see Advantages); 27 pts
Petrifying Gaze: Perception Range Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st Degree: Dazed and Hindered, 2nd Degree: Defenseless and Immobile, 3rd: Transformed and Unaware; Extra: Continuous, Extra Condition, Flaw: Sense-Dependent [Visual]); 48 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +7; Katana +10, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +9

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Ego: His supreme confidence in his abilities and intelligence can cause him to become overconfident at times, leading to trouble for him
Enemy: Wolverine
Mental Instability: His high intelligence and ease at mastering things often leads him to bouts of depression or indifference and he has tried to commit suicide twice
Responsibility: To HYDRA and The Hand

Abilities 112 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 31 + Powers 79 + Defenses 18 = 259 / 259

Comments: The Gorgon is a bad ass villain. Super intelligence, healing factor, mind reading, peak human abilities, mad sword skills on top of the fact that he can petrify people with his gaze. I kept it a moderate rank to keep big time heroes from falling for it, but SHIELD agents and the like would be hard pressed to come away from it still in flesh form.

And yet, he is still pledges allegiance to Strucker. Just cannot last...
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:59 pm

We're nearing the end of our HAIL, HYDRA! Special as we drop a few, um, HYDRA Associated characters.

I think we all know how this will end, but you gotta enjoy watching Wolverine whoop his arse along the way...

SILVER SAMURAI
PL: 10 (145 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 6 (+9), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Civics] 3 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+8), Insight (+3), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+10), Stealth 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (3), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Improved Critical (1), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Tachyon Field: Weaken Toughness 8 (Extra: Linked [Damage], Quirk [Requires Medium]), Tachyon Damage 8 (Extra: Linked [Weaken], Penetrating 8, Quirk [Requires Medium]); 23 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Samurai Plate Armor: Protection 5; 5ep
Arsenal: (5ep)
Shuriken: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 25ft range, Small; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +3; Tachyon Strike +8; Katana +6, Critical 18-20; Tachyon Katana Strike +8, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +6
Thrown Weapons +10 [Shuriken +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +7, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Although he has strayed from it from time to time, he generally adheres to the Bushido code
Responsibility: To his clan
Rivalry: Wolverine

Abilities 60 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 23 + Defenses 15 = 145 / 145

Comments: I always liked the Silver Samurai as a jobber to Logan, but again, I love samurais, ninjas, etc. of pretty much all types. Perhaps I should have been born in the East…

Anyway he gets a spot in this HYDRA run since he works with Viper a lot and has been shown with HYDRA ties before, even though he's not a regular member. I am planning on building Kraken and The Hive once I find out a little bit more about them to round out the HYDRA Inner Circle. But I'm not building the Contessa because I still really think she's a plant by Fury, somehow, someway.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Another SORTA HYDRA build continues our HAIL, HYDRA! run.

I promised myself no incest jokes with him. For now...

SWORDSMAN II (ANDREAS VON STRUCKER)
PL: 10 (144 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat [Long Blades] 2 (+15), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise [Military] 5 (+7), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+7), Investigation , Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Blast] 3 (+10), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+11), Stealth 5 (+9), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2), Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Improved Critical (1) (Long Blades), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, Base: German), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (2), Weapon Bind

POWERS:
BIO-ELECTRIC FURY!: Array, 10 pt array; 11 pts
Bio Electric Blast: Bio-Electric Ranged Damage 10 (Flaw: Limited [must be in contact with sister Andrea's skin]); 10 pts
Bio-Electric Burst: Bio-Electric Burst Area Damage 10 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft.], Flaw: Limited [must be in contact with sister Andrea's skin]); 1 pt

Swordsman Sword: 13 pts traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 7 pts
Sword Strike: Slashing/Piercing Damage 3, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Critical, Weapon Break); (Extra: Penetrating 5); 10 pts
Special Tanning: Feature 1 (Sword tanned with Andrea's skin); 1 pt
Grappling Cables: Movement 1 (Swinging); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Chain Mail Costume: Protection 2; 2ep
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep
Arsenal: (5ep)
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 4ep
Knives: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +2]
Swords +15 [Swordsman Sword +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Bio Electric Fury +10 [Bio Electric Blast +10]
Special Attack [Bio Electric Burst +10, Area Burst; Special Attack +0]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Raised as a Nazi, he sees himself above others
Inferiority Complex: He still longs to prove himself to his father, Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker
Relationships: His twin sister (or late sister, depending on your timeline), Andrea

Abilities 56 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 18 + Defenses 19 = 144 / 144

Comments: The most recent Swordsman, Andreas Strucker, son of the legendary Baron Strucker and brother of Andrea, whom he formed the jobber X-Men villainous duo the Fenris Twins. Their bit was that when they touched, they could unleash their BIO-ELECTRIC FURY!!!!! Which is a flashy way of saying an area blast effect that Rogue said “kinda tickled”. They sucked. But then Andrea got whacked and Andreas went a little crazy ('cause he loved his sister...a bit too much, I believe) and the Thunderbolts came a’callin’.

Before long, he’s a master swordsman (which I don’t remember him using against the X-Men before, but perhaps he had become too dependent on his BIO-ELECTRIC FURY!!! But whatever…) and can also access his BIO-ELECTRIC FURY!!! Thanks to having the hilt of his sword tanned with Andrea’s skin. Creepy, but effective. He became a decent character then and actually tried to do the right thing most of the time, unlike most of the Thunderbolts. Then he ran afoul of Norman Osborn shortly before Osborn took over the Marvel U and Normie ran him through with his own sword and chucked him off Thunderbolts Mountain. But I’m sure he’s fine, because it is, after all, a comic book.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 am

Haha, yeah, the ol' "Bio-Electric FURY OF FENRIS!" line was a classic dumb recurring line for Andreas and his sister. What terrible villains... Who has a giant energy beam that barely effects Rogue-level people?

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Re: #283

Postby Gilliam » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:44 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:POWERS:
BIO-ELECTRIC FURY!: Array, 10 pt array; 11 pts
[i]Bio Electric Blast: Bio-Electric Ranged Damage 10 (Flaw: Limited [must be in contact with sister Andrea's skin]); 10 pts

So if I am reading this right Andreas would have to take off his glove in order to use his bio-electric blast?

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Postby cassius335 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:33 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
cassius335 wrote:

Variable as in, "I have an extra spot or too in my Excel/Word building templates for extra Skills that will come out in subsequent 3E books and I forgot to peel it off before I posted". Thanks for the catch. 8)

You're welcome!

Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Severance » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:31 am

Maybe its just me but with the addition of Gorgon to HYDRA, I feel like they are slowly becoming COBRA (which oddly enough was a homage to HYDRA). I mean you already had Cobra Commander (Baron), Baroness (Viper), and now Stormshadow (Gorgon). Just waiting for Fury to start calling himself Duke. :)

Return to “Roll Call”