Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Red Ghost, Red Guardian, Red Skull)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Finger Horror!)

Post by Dreaming Psion » Sat May 28, 2011 9:22 am

Where is the finger horror from?
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sat May 28, 2011 9:30 am

Trust me, I completely understand about the difficulties of scale. As a freelance artist, I am often asking my employers about the sizes of thing... only sometime do I get a responce. As such, I have to determine my own scale.

Also, I think some artists just don't know how thall some things are at certain heights. I keep seeing pictures of Sentinel robots from Marvel being depicted as gigantic monstrosities, when they are only supposed to be 20 feet tall. Now don't get me wrong... 20 feet is tall! But it is not as tall as most artists make it out to be.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sat May 28, 2011 9:31 am

Dreaming Psion wrote:Where is the finger horror from?
As mentioned in its entry, the Finger Horror is from the Goblins webcomic. There is a link at the bottom of its entry.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat May 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Question on the Minotaur, Prodigy. It looks like you either miscalcuated his Ability points, or didn't add enough Stamina from his Growth. He should have a 4 for Stamina, based on the Growth of 4 ranks. The build shows 2. I guess you could take off some off his base if you want it to be 2, though.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Question on the Minotaur, Prodigy. It looks like you either miscalcuated his Ability points, or didn't add enough Stamina from his Growth. He should have a 4 for Stamina, based on the Growth of 4 ranks. The build shows 2. I guess you could take off some off his base if you want it to be 2, though.
Yes, based on the conversion, the Minotaur is light on Stamina.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:54 pm

To Prodigy or any other D&D-type player in the thread:

I have a question regarding D&D/Pathfinder strength- I've been thinking about some Fantasty-type builds (not exactly game conversions, but sort of close in some cases), but I was curious as to how I read the Strength levels in these games. I only collected the Monster Manuals and stuff- I don't have any actual rulebooks. What exactly would Strength 16 let you lift? Or Strength 30? I notice some creatures that would have enough strenghth to lift 400 tons in a direct conversion of ST 36 (+13 damage) to ST 13 in M&M 3rd Edition.

I always find it curious how some creatures stat up at a higher PL in this game, than they do for Challenge Rating in D&D- the Copper or Bronze Dragon I recall being a notable example, as it was higher in PL than any other type, just because it has more melee accuracy (Something that D&D often doesn't treat like a huge deal, from what I see).

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:31 am

Jabroniville wrote:To Prodigy or any other D&D-type player in the thread:

I have a question regarding D&D/Pathfinder strength- I've been thinking about some Fantasty-type builds (not exactly game conversions, but sort of close in some cases), but I was curious as to how I read the Strength levels in these games. I only collected the Monster Manuals and stuff- I don't have any actual rulebooks. What exactly would Strength 16 let you lift? Or Strength 30? I notice some creatures that would have enough strenghth to lift 400 tons in a direct conversion of ST 36 (+13 damage) to ST 13 in M&M 3rd Edition.

I always find it curious how some creatures stat up at a higher PL in this game, than they do for Challenge Rating in D&D- the Copper or Bronze Dragon I recall being a notable example, as it was higher in PL than any other type, just because it has more melee accuracy (Something that D&D often doesn't treat like a huge deal, from what I see).
Pathfinder use approximatly the same lifting strength table of the 2E (it was part of the OGL elements), so simply use the old version and you should be fine.
About the accuracy in D&D, it isn't a big deal because there is no defense bonus to oppose the attack bonus. As a result after +8 Basic Attack Bonus with a decent Ability bonus every attack is pretty much an auto-hit, with or without armor.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:42 am

Woodclaw wrote: Pathfinder use approximatly the same lifting strength table of the 2E (it was part of the OGL elements), so simply use the old version and you should be fine.
About the accuracy in D&D, it isn't a big deal because there is no defense bonus to oppose the attack bonus. As a result after +8 Basic Attack Bonus with a decent Ability bonus every attack is pretty much an auto-hit, with or without armor.
What he said.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:25 am

Coolness, thanks!

P.S.- Anyone ever look at the weights of some of the creatures in D&D, and try to think of what they're made of? I'm guessing some of these game developers (or bio-writers) aren't biologists. I'm thinking that a ten-foot tall Ogre of human-esque proportions would weight significantly more than 650 lbs.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:15 am

Jabroniville wrote:To Prodigy or any other D&D-type player in the thread:

I would , use like Woodclaw. Find their heavy carry capacity, and convert it to the closest level of strength in M&M. Then i compared it to their highest damage output melee attack. If you recall, along time ago, they created a M&M damage rank vs. damage dice formula.
0 = 1-2 damage
1 = 1-4 damage
2 = 1-6 damage
3 = 1-8 damage
4 = 2-12 damage (2d6)
5 = 3-18 damage (3d6)
after this point each rank is another d6 of damage.

I then compare that rank next to the strength equivalent of their carry capacity, to find their true strength score. The rest is 3E power lifting.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:01 am

Why can't you do it?
Why can't you set your monkey free?
Always giving into it -
Do you love your monkey or do you love me?
Why can't you do it
Why do I have to share my baby with a monkey?

MONKEY (PL 4)

Strength
-4, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 0, Intellect -4, Awareness 1, Presence -3

POWERS
Agile:
Enhanced Acrobatics 8 – 4 points
Monkey Senses: Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) – 1 point
Nimble Climber: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to climbing), Enhanced Benefit (use Agility for Athletics checks to climb) – 3 points
Tiny Body: Shrinking 8 (Innate, Permanent; +4 active defenses included) – 9 points

ADVANTAGES
Grabbing Finesse

SKILLS
Acrobatics 0 (+10), Athletics 0 (-4, +10 climbing), Perception 2 (+3)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+2
Unarmed +0 (Close, Damage -4)

DEFENSE
Dodge
8, Parry 4, Toughness 0,
Fortitude 2, Will 1

Abilities -10 + Advantages 1 + Defenses 4 + Powers 17 + Skills 1 = 13 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Monkeys are mute.
Monkeys are tree-dwelling primates. Unlike other primates, monkeys have tails. They are found in warm forests and jungles all over the world.

While some monkeys are vicious in groups, most will attempt to flee from a fight; climbing a tree to escape any predators.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (It is... MONKEY!

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:16 am

Because this is so dignified...

MULE (PL 4)

Strength
3, Stamina 3, Agility 1, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 2, Intellect -4, Awareness 0, Presence -2

POWERS
Large Body:
Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included) – 9 points
Sure-Footed: Enhanced Acrobatics 4 (Limited to balance) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Great Endurance

SKILLS
Acrobatics 1 (+2, +7 balance), Perception 3 (+3)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+1
Unarmed +2 (Close, Damage 3)

DEFENSE
Dodge
2, Parry 1, Toughness 3,
Fortitude 6, Will 1

Abilities -10 + Advantages 1 + Defenses 8 + Powers 10 + Skills 2 = 11 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Mules are mute and have no hands.
Mules are pack animals specifically bred for labor. They are a cross between hoses and donkeys; intended to share the best traits of both animals. They are more sure-footed, hardy, and longer-lived than horses, and faster and more intelligent than donkeys. Mules are infertile.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:20 am

MUMMY (PL 9)

Strength
7, Stamina --, Agility 0, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 6, Intellect -2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

POWERS
Despair:
Burst Area Affliction 6 (Dazed and Hindered / Defenseless and Immobilized / Paralyzed; Resisted by Will; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Reaction) – 42 points
Invulnerability: Impervious Toughness 5, Protection 10 – 15 points
Mummy Rot: Weaken Stamina and Presence 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; Broad, Linked to Unarmed, Progressive, Simultaneous) – 30 points
Undead Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Undead Traits: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Regeneration 1 – 31 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 3, Languages 0 (Common is native), Power Attack

SKILLS
Perception 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+0
Despair Area (Close, Affliction 6)
Unarmed +9 (Close, Damage 7 plus Weaken 6)

DEFENSE
Dodge
2, Parry 8, Toughness 10,
Fortitude Immune, Will 8

Abilities 20 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 12 + Powers 120 + Skills 6 = 162 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Weakness:
Mummies are vulnerable to fire damage.
Mummies are the undead guardians of tombs and vaults of honored dead (such as kings or nobility of the ancient world). They patrol their homes with dedication, remaining alert for signs of tomb robbers or others who would desecrate their assigned lair.

The creation of a mummy is a long and gruesome process, involving separating the internal organs of the prepared body. The body is then wrapped in expensive linens and anointed with sacred oils. When the tomb is finally sealed, the mummy awakens in an undead state.

Mummies are granted great strength. They also carry a virulent curse that acts as a disease. This affliction – known as mummy rot – causes the flesh of its victims to rot away, leaving gruesome scars and disfiguring the unfortunate soul before finally expiring from the wasting disease.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Kickin' builds and major props for the George Michael in his prime reference! He was always one of my guilty pleasures and I am now man enough to admit it. Father Figure got me all kinds of play in college.

Well, with one girl anyway, but that doubled my senior year of high school dating! :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:01 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Kickin' builds and major props for the George Michael in his prime reference! He was always one of my guilty pleasures and I am now man enough to admit it. Father Figure got me all kinds of play in college.

Well, with one girl anyway, but that doubled my senior year of high school dating! :wink:
I hear ya.