Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Red Ghost, Red Guardian, Red Skull)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Geekery
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (It is... MONKEY!

Post by Geekery » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Kickin' builds and major props for the George Michael in his prime reference! He was always one of my guilty pleasures and I am now man enough to admit it. Father Figure got me all kinds of play in college.

Well, with one girl anyway, but that doubled my senior year of high school dating! :wink:
Quoted for truth.

Although, PD, I have to admit that when I saw "Monkey," I assumed it was the character from Dexter's Laboratory. I seem to recall a cameo from the late Randy Savage in one episode, in fact.

Apropos of nothing, I ran a "Marvel Goes Ape" session recently, splitting the party up to take on various simian characters. Jean Gray and Storm fought Mandrill, Nightcrawler fought Hit-Monkey, Dr. Strange and Thor faced Red Ghost and the Super-Apes. A fun time was had by all.
no, grant morrison is never right about anything.
--BARON

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Nagas)

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:40 am

Nagas are strange, magical creatures with the bodies of serpents and the heads of humanoids. These enigmatic beasts prefer to live a life of isolation from the civilized world. They will often make their lairs within ancient ruins and crypts, where they can learn lost magic and lore. Many see nagas as the protectors of such places and the secrets held within. The nagas themselves do not dissuade these rumors.

There exist many different types of naga. Each has its own personality and magical power.
DARK NAGA (PL 8]

Strength
2, Stamina 4, Agility 5, Dexterity 2,
Fighting 6, Intellect 3, Awareness 2, Presence 3

POWERS
Detect Thoughts:
Mind Reading 7 (Limited to Surface Thoughts) – 7 points
Guarded Thoughts: Enhanced Will 2 (Limited to Mind Control Effects), Immunity 5 (Mind Reading) – 6 points
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 3 – 12 points
Naga Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Naga Traits: Immunity 1 (Poison) – 1 points
Poison Stinger: Damage 2, Linked to Affliction 8 (Fatigued / Exhausted / Asleep; Resisted by Fortitude; Cumulative, Progressive) – 34 points
Serpent Body: Movement 1 (Slithering), Speed 1 (4 mph) – 3 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 1, Languages 1 (Infernal [Common is native]), Ritualist

SKILLS
Deception 6 (+9), Expertise (Magic) 6 (+9), Insight 6 (+8], Intimidation 6 (+11), Perception 6 (+8], Persuasion 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+7)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+5
Poison Stinger +7 (Close, Damage 2 plus Affliction 8]
Unarmed +7 (Close, Damage 2)

DEFENSE
Dodge
6, Parry 7, Toughness 7,
Fortitude 7, Will 8 / 10*
* vs. mind control

Abilities 38 + Advantages 3 + Defenses 15 + Powers 65 + Skills 21 = 142 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
A naga has no hands. Its tail offers limited manipulation.
Motivation: Greed.
Dark nagas measure approximately 12 feet long and weigh about 300 pounds. Their scales are dark blue or purple, often with black frills or scale patterns. The body of a dark naga is more similar to that of an eel rather than a snake. Its tail ends in a poisonous stinger.

Dark nagas crave power and wealth. They love using their magical powers and the treasures they find in ancient ruins to rule those who are weaker than themselves.
GUARDIAN NAGA (PL 10)

Strength
5, Stamina 5, Agility 6, Dexterity 3,
Fighting 8, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 4

POWERS
Large Body:
Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 2 – 11 points
Poison: Array (36 points)
Spit Poison: Ranged Weaken Stamina 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; Progressive) – 36 points
Poison Bite: Weaken Stamina 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; Linked to bite, Progressive) – 1 point
Serpent Body: Movement 1 (Slithering), Speed 1 (4 mph) – 3 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Improved Trip, Languages 1 (Celestial [Common is native]), Ritualist

SKILLS
Deception 7 (+11), Expertise (Magic) 7 (+10), Insight 7 (+11), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion 7 (+11), Ranged Combat (Poison Spit) 3 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+6
Poison Bite +10 (Close, Damage 5 plus Weaken 9)
Poison Spit +6 (Ranged, Weaken 9)
Unarmed +10 (Close, Damage 5)

DEFENSE
Dodge
7, Parry 9, Toughness 7,
Fortitude 8, Will 11

Abilities 60 + Advantages 6 + Defenses 16 + Powers 53 + Skills 19 = 154 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Motivation: Doing good.
Guardian nagas usually guard magical secrets, items, and lore that would be destructive should they ever fall into the wrong hands. They are good-natured creatures that seek only to keep those who are not as wise as themselves from coming to a messy ending.

An average guardian naga is 14 feet in length and weighs about 350 pounds. When angered or excited, a guardian naga flares a hood similar to a cobra. The bite of a guardian naga contains deadly venom. They can spit this venom at their enemies without losing any of its potency.
SPIRIT NAGA (PL 9)

Strength
4, Stamina 5, Agility 5, Dexterity 2,
Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 3

POWERS
Charming Gaze:
Perception Ranged Affliction 9 (Entranced / Compelled / Controlled; Resisted by Will; Cumulative, Limited to humanoid creatures, Visual Sense-Dependent) – 18 points
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 1 – 10 points
Poison Bite: Weaken Stamina 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; Linked to bite, Progressive) – 24 points
Serpent Body: Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation [underwater], Slithering), Speed 1 (4 mph) – 5 points
Strong Swimmer: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to Swimming), Swimming 2 (2 mph) – 4 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 2, Languages 1 (Abyssal [Common is native]), Ritualist, Skill Mastery 2 (Perception, Stealth)

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (+4, +12 Swimming), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise (Magic) 6 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+11), Perception 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+7)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+5
Charming Gaze Perception (Ranged, Affliction 9)
Poison Bite +8 (Close, Damage 4 plus Weaken 8]
Unarmed +8 (Close, Damage 4)

DEFENSE
Dodge
6, Parry 7, Toughness 6,
Fortitude 8, Will 9

Abilities 42 + Advantages 6 + Defenses 15 + Powers 63 + Skills 15 = 141 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Obsession: Acquire secret magic.
Spirit nagas are akin to witches, among the naga races. They are even more mysterious and enigmatic than the others of their kind, seeking lost magic to a fanatical extent. They delight in causing suffering and death with the powers they possess.

Spirit nagas have serpentine bodies with black scales and red markings. Their humanoid faces are framed with stringy hair. The bite of a spirit naga is deadly, as it contains venom. The eyes of the creature are no better, as their gaze can cause to who look to fall under the control of the naga. The average spirit naga is 14 feet long and weighs about 300 pounds.
WATER NAGA (PL 8]

Strength
3, Stamina 5, Agility 6, Dexterity 3,
Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 3, Presence 2

POWERS
Large Body:
Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included) – 9 points
Poison Bite: Weaken Stamina 7 (Resisted by Fortitude; Linked to bite, Progressive) – 21 points
Serpent Body: Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation [underwater], Slithering), Speed 1 (4 mph) – 5 points
Strong Swimmer: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to Swimming), Swimming 3 (4 mph) – 5 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 1, Languages 1 (Aquatic [Common is native]), Ritualist, Skill Mastery 2 (Perception, Stealth)

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (+3, +11 swimming), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise (Magic) 5 (+5), Perception 5 (+8], Stealth 5 (+7)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+6
Poison Bite +6 (Close, Damage 3 plus Weaken 7)
Unarmed +6 (Close, Damage 3)

DEFENSE
Dodge
6, Parry 5, Toughness 5,
Fortitude 7, Will 8

Abilities 38 + Advantages 5 + Defenses 11 + Powers 42 + Skills 10 = 106 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Water nagas live within oceans and rivers, protecting hidden treasures claimed by these waterways. They prefer solitude and isolation.

Water nagas are about 10 feet long and weigh about 250 pounds. They have scales the color of the waters in which they live – greens, blues, and all the colors in between. Their bodies are lines with frilled spines that stand on edge when excited or agitated.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Nagas, Nightmare)

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 am

NIGHTMARE (PL 8]

Strength
4, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

POWERS
Dimensional Travel:
Movement 2 (Dimensional Movement 2 [Astral Plane, Ethereal Plane]; Affects Others [self plus rider]) – 6 points
Fast: Speed 4 (30 mph) – 4 points
Flaming Hooves: Flight 5 (60 mph), Strength-Based Damage 2 – 12 points
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 5 – 14 points
Nightmare Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Outsider Traits: Feature 1 (Unarmed attacks counts as “unholy” descriptor), Immunity 4 (Aging, Personal Powers, Sleep, Starvation and Thirst) – 5 points
Smoke: Cone Area Affliction 6 (Attack and Perception Impaired; Resisted by Fortitude; Limited to One Degree), Linked to Cone Area Visual Concealment Attack 4 – 19 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 2, Improved Initiative, Languages 1 (Abyssal [Infernal is native])

SKILLS
Expertise (Dimensional Planes) 5 (+6), Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6), Insight 5 (+6), Intimidation 5 (+8], Perception 5 (+6), Stealth 5 (+3)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+6
Flaming Hooves +6 (Close, Damage 6)
Smoke Area (Close, Affliction 6)
Unarmed +6 (Close, Damage 4)

DEFENSE
Dodge
5, Parry 7, Toughness 8,
Fortitude 8, Will 3

Abilities 18 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 17 + Powers 62 + Skills 15 = 116 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
A nightmare has no hands.
Wicked and Evil: Nightmares are thoroughly evil. They live only to cause suffering in the universe.
Nightmares are evil creatures that appear to be black horses with fiery eyes and hooves. They are a type of fiend that exists in the dimensions beyond the natural world. There, they serve as steeds to powerful evil beings such as hags and demon princes. One should be careful to think a nightmare to be a stupid beast; they are as intelligent as a human, but also wicked and depraved.

Nightmares are often conjured into the world to serve as steeds for evil priests and wizards. Sometimes they are sent to a mortal as a “reward” for service to a powerful fiendish lord.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 am

Nightmares are always cool. They'd make good sidekick/minions for high level Warriors and Warlocks-type baddies.

One question and maybe this is just me, but why not make the Speed power an Alternate Effect of Flight?

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Yeah, Nightmares are awesome. I've said it a million times, but I LOVE the idea of "Non-Horse Mounts", from heroes riding Pegasi (Fire Emblem features a lot of those), to Hippogriffs, to Griffins, to various weird Warhammer beasts, and especially these hell-borne monsters.

The Flight/Speed thing is probably just personal preference on ProdigyDuck's part, since technically they're both different physical attributes. Plus, since it's just a few points, it's not a big cost-difference. I did the same thing with my Nightmare build.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 am

I think I'm one of the few persons in this world who think that the nightmare sucks badly. Stat-wise and lookwise is incredibly cool, but have you ever looked at the price tag?

Aside from placing a major "I'm evil, shot me" neon sign over the head of the rider, in AD&D they required 200gp in pieces of platinum every 3 days or so to serve any creature other than a demon as a mount. At this rate I honestly prefer a lowly pegasus or griphon.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:32 am

Woodclaw wrote:I think I'm one of the few persons in this world who think that the nightmare sucks badly. Stat-wise and lookwise is incredibly cool, but have you ever looked at the price tag?

Aside from placing a major "I'm evil, shot me" neon sign over the head of the rider, in AD&D they required 200gp in pieces of platinum every 3 days or so to serve any creature other than a demon as a mount. At this rate I honestly prefer a lowly pegasus or griphon.
A price tag easily avoided if you can afford to cover the creature as a cohort with the Leadership feat.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 am

prodigyduck wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:I think I'm one of the few persons in this world who think that the nightmare sucks badly. Stat-wise and lookwise is incredibly cool, but have you ever looked at the price tag?

A price tag easily avoided if you can afford to cover the creature as a cohort with the Leadership feat.
I admit I never considered this option.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:49 am

Woodclaw wrote:
prodigyduck wrote:

I admit I never considered this option.
Always err on the side of AWESOME!

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Nixie)

Post by prodigyduck » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:16 pm

NIXIE (PL 5)

Strength
-2, Stamina 1, Agility 3, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 1, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 4

POWERS
Aquatic:
Immunity 3 (Cold, Drowning, Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [underwater]) – 5 points
Fey Senses: Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) – 1 point
Nixie Powers: Array (15 points)
Charm Person: Perception Ranged Affliction 5 (Entranced / Compelled / Controlled; Resisted by Will, Cumulative, Limited to humanoids) – 15 points
Water Breathing: Immunity 1 (Drowning; Affects Others) – 1 point
Small Body: Shrinking 4 (Innate, Permanent; +2 active defenses included) – 5 points
Strong Swimmer: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to Swimming), Swimming 2 (2 mph) – 4 points

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
Array (6 points)
Crossbow: Ranged Damage 3 – 6 points
Short Sword: Strength-Based Damage 2 (Improved Critical) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Animal Empathy, Close Attack 1, Equipment 2, Grabbing Finesse, Languages 2 (Aquan, Common [Sylvan is native])

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (-2, +6 swimming), Deception 2 (+6), Expertise (Singing) 2 (+3), Insight 2 (+3), Perception 2 (+3), Ranged Combat (Crossbow) 2 (+3), Sleight of Hand 2 (+3), Stealth 2 (+9)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+3
Charm Person Perception (Ranged, Affliction 5)
Crossbow +3 (Ranged, Damage 3)
Short Sword +2 (Close, Damage 0/19-20)
Unarmed +2 (Close, Damage -2)

DEFENSE
Dodge
7, Parry 5, Toughness 1,
Fortitude 1, Will 5

Abilities 22 + Advantages 7 + Defenses 6 + Powers 31 + Skills 7 = 73 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Prankster:
Nixies are whimsical, fey creatures who enjoy playing pranks on others. Sometimes, these pranks turn dangerous.
Nixies are small aquatic faeries that delight in swimming and playing in rivers, and lakes. They are sometimes seen as wicked creatures, as the pranks they play on mortals occasionally lead to drowning. Nixies make their homes in beautiful lakes and streams. They act as guardians of such places, and attempt to drive away any who would despoil the natural beauty of their home.

A nixie appears to be a beautiful aquatic humanoid with sylvan features, webbed fingers and toes, with long hair the color of seaweed. They often wear little to no clothing, preferring to dress themselves only in pearls and shells.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Nixie)

Post by prodigyduck » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:02 am

HAUPTMAN ARISCHE (Captain Aryan) (PL 8]
Ingrid Weiss (BC: Charlize Theron)
Base: New York City
Affiliation: Independent, formerly Nazi Germany
Height: 5’9”, Weight: 135 lbs.
Eyes: Blue, Hair: Blonde

Strength 3, Stamina 6, Agility 7, Dexterity 4
Fighting 7, Intellect 4, Awareness 6, Presence 3

POWERS
Hardiness:
Enhanced Diehard, Immortality 2 (Limited if totally destroyed or beheaded) – 2 points
Physical Resistance: Enhanced Endurance, Immunity 3 (Cold, Disease, Heat; Limited to half-effect) – 2 points

EQUIPMENT
Leather Armor:
Protection 1 – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attractive 2, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Equipment 1, Improved Critical (unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Jack of all Trades, Languages 4 (Attic Greek, Arabic, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Russian [German is native]), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Second Chance 2 (Vehicle checks when in aircraft, Will checks vs. Mind Control), Skill Mastery (Vehicles), Takedown, Teamwork

Enhanced Advantages: Diehard, Endurance

SKILLS
Acrobatics 6 (+13), Athletics 6 (+9), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise (Criminology) 6 (+10), Expertise (Espionage) 6 (+10), Expertise (Magic) 2 (+6), Expertise (Military) 6 (+10), Expertise (Performer) 6 (+10), Insight 2 (+8], Intimidation 2 (+5), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 2 (+8], Persuasion 2 (+5), Technology 6 (+10), Treatment 6 (+10), Vehicles 6 (+10)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+7
Unarmed +9 (Close, Damage 3/19-20)

DEFENSE
Dodge
9, Parry 9, Toughness 6
Fortitude 8, Will 8

Abilities 80 + Advantages 28 + Defenses 8 + Powers 4 + Skills 35 = 155 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation:
Acceptance.
Obsession: Ingrid loves to fight crime and lawlessness. She also desperately seeks to reconnect with things from her past.
Out of Her Time: Ingrid has been in cryostasis for the past sixty years. While she is smart and can catch on fast, she suffers a -2 or -5 penalty when using certain traits, such as Technology, until she gets the hang of new developments.
Prejudice: Ingrid was raised in Nazi Germany to be the perfect Aryan woman. She holds many ideals of that time and place to her heart.
Background arriving soon...
:idea: Ingrid is a character being played in my current Marvel setting.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Nixie, Ingrid)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:52 am

Gotta borrow that Water Naga for an upcoming Dresdenverse game. I think my players are going to run into a Dresdenverse Nixie and that seems like the type of thing she could command to give her some good muscle.

Nice Marvel Nazi build, too. You can never have enough of those. I've got Master Man and Warrior Woman on my short list builds, myself.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Nixie, Ingrid)

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Gotta borrow that Water Naga for an upcoming Dresdenverse game. I think my players are going to run into a Dresdenverse Nixie and that seems like the type of thing she could command to give her some good muscle.

Nice Marvel Nazi build, too. You can never have enough of those. I've got Master Man and Warrior Woman on my short list builds, myself.
If you feel the need to beef up your nixies a bit, the nix of legend also had the ability to change shape into fish (Morph) and captivate people with song. Use the same ability found with Harpies.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Ingrid, Nymph)

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 am

NYMPH (PL 11)

Strength
0, Stamina 4, Agility 5, Dexterity 2,
Fighting 4, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 4

POWERS
Blinding Beauty:
Burst Area Affliction 7 (Impaired / Disabled / Unaware; Resisted by Fortitude; Cumulative, Limited to Visual Senses, Reaction, Visual Sense-Dependent) – 28 points
Fey Senses: Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) – 1 point
Fey Traits: Immunity (Drowning), Impervious Toughness 8 – 9 points
Nymph Powers: Array (21 points)
Stunning Glance: Perception Range Affliction 7 (Dazed / Stunned; Resisted by Fortitude; Cumulative, Visual Sense-Dependent) – 21 points
Dimension Door: Teleport 7 – 1 point
Unearthly Grace: Enhanced Defense 16 (Dodge 4, Fortitude 4, Parry 4, Will 4), Protection 4 – 20 points

EQUIPMENT
Dagger:
Strength-Based Damage 1 (Improved Critical) – 2 points

ADVANTAGES
Animal Empathy, Attractive 2, Benefit (Druidic Magic; Nymphs use the Expertise [nature] skill for Ritualist checks), Equipment 1, Grabbing Finesse, Languages 1 (Common [Sylvan is native]), Ritualist

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (+0, +8 swimming), Expertise (Animal Handling) 5 (+8), Expertise (Nature) 5 (+8), Insight 5 (+8), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+9), Sleight of Hand 5 (+7), Stealth 5 (+10), Treatment 5 (+8)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+5
Blinding Beauty Area (Close, Affliction 7)
Dagger +4 (Close, Damage 1/19-20)
Stunning Glance Perception (Ranged, Affliction 7)
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 0)

DEFENSE
Dodge
14, Parry 10, Toughness 8,
Fortitude 10, Will 12

Abilities 50 + Advantages 8 + Defenses 19 + Powers 84 + Skills 20 = 181 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Obsession:
Protecting nature’s beauty.
Power Loss: Impervious Toughness; not vs. cold iron weapon.

:arrow: Druidic Power Most nymphs have the ability to cast spells like a druid or nature shaman. This can be represented by adding an Array with Area Snare (Entangle), Heal, and Summon (Animal) Powers. Other Powers can include lightning bolts, weather control effects, or a Damage effect when using a shillelagh (a wooden staff or cudgel).
Nymphs are fey spirits of nature. They act as guardians to sacred groves, natural beauty, and portals to the faerie realm. As guardians of nature, nymphs often have a variety of magical powers that allow them to control and manipulate natural plants and animals.

Nymphs are always female, possessing incredible beauty that is dangerous to behold. As such, they are the frequent target of satyrs and lecherous human males.

A nymph is willing to share her charms with those who show her and her realm respect and care. Otherwise, many find the lovely nymph to be a capable and dangerous adversary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Ingrid, Nymph)

Post by prodigyduck » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:16 am

ARES (PL 14)
Ares (aka Mars)
Base: Olympus
Affiliation: The Greek Pantheon of Immortals

Strength 9, Stamina 8, Agility 8, Dexterity 4
Fighting 13, Intellect 6, Awareness 6, Presence 8

POWERS
Bronze Breastplate:
Impervious Toughness 12; Removable (-2 points) – 10 points
Godly Power: Variable 13 – 91 points
Fearsome Visage: Burst Area Affliction 13 (Impaired / Disabled; Resisted by Will; Limited to Two Degrees) – 13 points
Immortal Body: Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Sleep, Starvation and Thirst), Protection 5 – 10 points
Immortal Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision) – 2 points
Large Size: Growth 4 (Continuous; -2 active defenses included) – 12 points
Weapons of Ares: Array (27 points); Easily Removable (-12 points)
Thrown Spear: Ranged Damage 13 (Feature [spear instantly returns to Ares’ hand when thrown) – 27 points
Gladius: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Improved Critical) – 1 point
Spear Thrust: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Improved Critical, Reach) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Connected, Contacts, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fearless, Inspire 5, Languages 3 (Goblin, Greek, Latin, Primordial [Celestial is native]), Leadership, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Well-Informed

SKILLS
Athletics 8 (+17), Expertise (Theology) 8 (+14), Intimidation 8 (+18), Perception 4 (+10)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+8
Fearsome Visage Area (Close, Affliction 13)
Gladius +13 (Close, Damage 12/19-20)
Spear Throw +8 (Ranged, Damage 13)
Spear Thrust +13 (Close, Damage 13/19-20)
Unarmed +13 (Close, Damage 9)

DEFENSE
Dodge
10, Parry 15, Toughness 13 (Impervious 12)
Fortitude 12, Will 10

Abilities 108 + Advantages 20 + Defenses 16 + Powers 155 + Skills 14 = 313 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Infamy:
Ares is the god of war from the Greek pantheon. In Roman times, he was known as Mars.
Obsession: Ares delights in battle and slaughter. He feels stronger when humanity is at war, and will thus attempt to cause conflict and strife.
Relationship: Ares is the son of Zeus and Hera. Ares is often seen in the company of Aphrodite. Eris and Enyo are Ares’ sisters. Ares has sired many children with both goddesses and mortals.
Weakness: If everyone is peaceful and calm around Ares, including not thinking violent thoughts, all of his Traits are Disabled. If people are thinking violent thoughts, but not engaging in actual violence, his traits are only Impaired.

:idea: I know it seems rather free-form to give a God the Variable power rather than detail all he is capable of doing, but I wanted it to be simple. After all, the Greek gods could do a lot of different things. They could transform people and creatures into other things, turn themselves into animals or "showers of gold," and otherwise be all-seeing.

Typically, a God is going to have his Variable power with a default setting of Senses (Detect God's Name When Spoken; Dimensional, Extended [lots], etc...). This settup allows the God to see or hear his followers, know when his name is called upon, or hear when someone is speaking of the God in spite... to later wreck vengeance upon the foolish mortal. The God can then transfer points in the Variable pool to Teleport or Summon to visit the mortal if so desired.
Last edited by prodigyduck on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.