J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: J-Mart 3E: Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream, Dreads

Post by Bladewind » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:No need to steal, my good Bladewind, that's the reason J-Mart is here. To provide mediocre quality builds at the lowest princes on the Atomic Think Tank! We're practically giving builds away! :D

I thought Bee's fight with Rampage and Ravage was the best part of ROTF, too. That is if you discount Megan Fox running in slo-mo across the desert. :wink:
Good to hear... considering that Bee is already halfway mounted into a character sheet for my Stargate/Transformers crossover. (Yes. You read that right. It's actually not as hokey as it sounds.)
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

#320, #321

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:42 pm

We're still unloading our big shipment from Cybertron and continuing our ROBOTS IN DISGUISE SPECIAL with more items in our Deceptions Line!

Bad things, man...

SHOCKWAVE
PL: 13 (223 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+12), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise [Cybertron] 8 (+11), Expertise [Science] 6 (+9), Insight (+2), Intimidation 7 (+10/+15) [Startle], Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Arm Blaster] 10 (+13), Stealth (+1/-10), Technology 6 (+9), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Favored Foe (Autobots), Fearless, Languages (1) (English, Base: Cybertronian), Sidekick (21) (Driller), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Shockwave Size: Growth 11 (+11 Str, +11 Sta, -5 Dodge/Parry, -11 Stealth, +5 Intimidation, Speed +1, +11 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 23 pts
Cybertronian Physique: Protection 3, Impervious 7 (14 ranks), Immunity 13 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Senses 1 (Radio); 31 pts
Robot in Disguise: Morph 1 (Vehicle [not shown], Extra: Metamorph); 6 pts
Link with Driller: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Mental with Driller]); 1 pt
Arm Blade: Strength-based Damage 2; 2 pts
Weapon Array: 27 pt array, 29 pts
Missile Blast: Ballistic Ranged Area Burst Damage 9 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft]); 27 pts
Plasma Blast: Ranged Damage 13; 1 pt, Rapid Plasma Blast: Ranged Damage 9 (Extra: Multiattack); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +12; Arm Blade +14]
Ranged Attack +3
Arm Blaster +13 [Arm Blaster +13; Missiles +9, Area Burst, Rapid Fire Blast +9, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: Shockwave and the other Cybertronians sometimes have problems grasping the culture of Earth
Enemy: The Autobots
Responsibility: To Megatron and the Decepticon cause
Vulnerable: The Cybertronians are vulnerable to Magnetic attacks, taking at extra degree of failure against them
Vulnerable: The Cybertronians are susceptible to extreme cold, taking an extra degree of failure against cold attacks

Abilities 48 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 92 + Defenses 30 = 223 / 223

Comments: Shockwave looked bad ass in the movie and looked every bit the Decepticon that could be second in command and hang with Optimus, and that’s how I built him. Even though he didn’t get to show a lot in the movie, I read up on his back story in the Bay-verse of Transformers and he is supposed to be a major player under Megatron and it showed in Epps description of him with his funny line “hey, y’all, I got this scary ass Decepticon looking at me…that can’t be good…”

Considering that he was shot to hell, pretty much blind and beaten up and he still gave Optimus a bit of resistance on his big run through the Decepticon forces gives me good reason to make him this good. And he has his Driller with him, who put on a fine monster show in the movie, even though OP eventually took him down.

And here is his "pet" Driller:
DRILLER
PL: 12 (103 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 16, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+8), Deception (-2), Intimidation (-2/+6), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+1/-15)

ADVANTAGES: Crushing Pin*, Fast Grab, Interpose

POWERS:
Driller Size: Growth 16 (+16 Str, +16 Sta, -8 Dodge/Parry, -16 Stealth, +8 Intimidation, Speed +2, +16 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 33 pts
Cybertronian Physique: Impervious 8 (16 ranks), Immunity 13 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Senses 6 (Detect Vibrations [Acute, Extended], Low Light Vision, Radio, Communication Link [Mental, Shockwave]); 35 pts
Driller Physiology: Burrowing 6 (8 mph), Extra Limbs 6 (6 Appendages), Elongation 1 (Flaw: Limited to Appendages); 13 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry +0 [DC10]
Toughness +16 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Driller cannot use his appendages for fine manipulation and cannot speak
Vulnerable: The Cybertronians are vulnerable to Magnetic attacks, taking at extra degree of failure against them
Vulnerable: The Cybertronians are susceptible to extreme cold, taking an extra degree of failure against cold attacks

Abilities 2 + Skills 3 (6 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 81 + Defenses 14 = 103 / 103

Comments: Shockwave’s “pet” Driller. According to the backstory, he fought and conquered it on Cybertron and brought it with him when he fled to Earth. Smart move. It had some of the best visual impact in Dark of the Moon.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Our ROBOTS IN DISGUISE SPECIAL continues with yet another item in our Decepticons Line.

Are you user name Ladiesman 217!?!?!?!?!?!

BARRICADE
PL: 11 (169 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 2 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+13), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Cybertron] 5 (+5), Expertise [Military] 7 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation 9 (+10/+13), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception (+1), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Blast] 8 (+10), Stealth (+3/-3), Technology 5 (+5), Vehicles 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Favored Foe, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Cybertronian Size: Growth 6 (+6 Str, +6 Sta, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth, +3 Intimidation, Speed +1, +6 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 13 pts
Cybertronian Physique: Protection 3, Impervious 6 (12 ranks), Immunity 13 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Senses 1 (Radio); 29 pts
Robot in Disguise: Morph 1 (Saleen S281 Police Cruiser, Extra: Metamorph); 6 pts
Plasma Blaster: 20 pts traits, Easily Removable (-8 pts); 12 pts
Blasters: Ranged Damage 10; 20 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE,

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +2
Blaster [Ion Blaster +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +12 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: Barricade and the other Cybertronians sometimes have problems grasping the culture of Earth
Responsibility: To Megatron and the Decepticon cause (when he wants)

Abilities 44 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 68 + Defenses 21 = 169 / 169

Comments: I thought Barricade got whacked in the book after the first movie, but I guess not since he showed up in Dark of the Moon. Oh well, he still got pwned at the end, but that’s to be expected.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Those ROBOTS IN DISGUISE keep comin' as we continue to empty the warehouse!

He really looks like an LSU lineman, minus the 'roids and plus about 20 IQ points...

BLACKOUT
PL: 12 (205 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 13, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+13), Expertise [Cybertron] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 9 (+9/+14), Investigation 3 (+3), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Weapon Array] 8 (+10), Technology 5 (+5), Vehicles 6 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Favored Foe (Autobots), Languages (1) (English, Base: Cybertronian), Sidekick (31) (Scorponok), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Prime Size: Growth 11 (+11 Str, +11 Sta, -5 Dodge/Parry, -11 Stealth, +5 Intimidation, Speed +1, +11 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 23 pts
Cybertronian Physique: Protection 3, Impervious 7 (14 ranks), Immunity 13 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Senses 1 (Radio); 31 pts
Robot in Disguise: Morph 1 (MH-53 Pavelow IV, Extra: Metamorph); 6 pts
Datalink: Comprehend 2 (Machines); 4 pts
Copter Blades: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Split); 3 pts
Weapon Array: 30 pt array; 33 pts
Machine Guns: Ballistic Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack); 30 pts
Rocket Launcher: Ballistic Ranged Burst Area Damage 10 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft]); 1 pt
Electro Magnetic Blast: Ranged Damage 14; 1 pt
EMP: Nullify Electronics 7 (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft], Sustained); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +13; Copter Blades +15]
Ranged Attack +2
Weapon Array +10 [Electro Magnetic Blast +14; Machine Guns +10, Multiattack; Missile Launcher +10, Area Burst]
Special Attack [EMP +7, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: Blackout and the other Cybertronians sometimes have problems grasping the culture of Earth

Abilities 26 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 102 + Defenses 21 = 205 / 205

Comments: Go ahead, admit it. You were skeptical like me. You questioned the validity of a Transformers movie back in the day. Then you saw Blackout transform and take out that army base. And you were immediately saying in your head “OK…I’m in”.

There’s not a lot movie moments that recall giving me “wow” moments but that was one of them and I’m not ashamed to admit it. Then ROTF happened and I am ashamed to admit I saw it twice in the theatre. No one’s perfect… :(
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:39 pm

The truck from Cybertron is just loaded down with new items for our ROBOTS IN DISGUISE SPECIAL!

SCORPONOK
PL: 10 (155 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 3 (+10), Insight (+1), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Blast] 10 (+10), Stealth 8 (+11/+5), Technology 5 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Defensive Attack, Favored Environment (Desert), Favored Foe (Autobots), Languages 1 (English, Base: Cybertronian), Power Attack

POWERS:
Cybertronian Size: Growth 6 (+6 Str, +6 Sta, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth, +3 Intimidation, Speed +1, +6 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 13 pts
Cybertronian Physique: Protection 3, Impervious 6 (12 ranks), Immunity 13 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep); 28 pts
Robot in Disguise: Morph 1 (Vehicle, Extra: Metamorph), Senses 1 (Radio), Speed 1 (4 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 9 pts
Scorpion Style: Burrowing 6 (8 mph), Senses 4 (Detect Vibrations [Acute, Extended, Tracking]); 10 pts
Weapon Array: 24 pt array; 25 pts
Missile Launcher: Burst Area Ballistic Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft]); 24 pts
Tail Strike: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Reach [15 ft], Penetrating 9); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +7; Tail Stinger +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0
Missile Launcher +10 [Missiles +8, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +12 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: Scorponok and the other Cybertronians sometimes have problems grasping the culture of Earth
Disability: Cannot speak normally and cannot use claws for fine manipulation

Abilities 28 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 85 + Defenses 17 = 155 / 155

Comments: Good old Scorponok had a cool intro in the first movie and he had an important cameo in the second. But alas he didn’t make into the third but that’s OK…

Neither did Megan Fox. BADA-BING! :D
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:44 pm

We have another item in our ROBOTS IN DISGUISE SPECIAL for our Decepticons line.

Hi little girl...is your daddy home...?

LASERBEAK
PL: 7 (141 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8) [Agile Feint], Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Cybertron] 3 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Blast] 9 (+9), Ranged Combat [] , Sleight of Hand , Stealth 4 (+7), Technology , Treatment , Vehicles , Variable

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Close Attack (4), Favored Environment (Flying), Favored Foe (Autobots), Languages (1) (English, Base: Cybertronian), Move-by Action, Precise Attack (1)

POWERS:
Cybertronian Physique: Protection 3, Impervious 3 (6 ranks), Immunity 13 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Senses 1 (Radio); 23 pts
Robot in Disguise: Morph 3 (Robot form/Office Equipment, Extra: Metamorph); 16 pts
[Airborne Style: Flight 5 (60 mph, Flaw: Winged), Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Limited [only when flying]; 7 pts
Claws/Beak: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split); 2 pts
Autoblaster: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5 (Extra: Multiattack); 15 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +2; Claws/Beak +3]
Ranged Attack +0
Autoblaster +9 [Autoblaster +5, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 (+8 when flying) [DC16/18] Parry +6 (+8 when flying) [DC16/18]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: Laserbeak and the other Cybertronians sometimes have problems grasping the culture of Earth

Abilities 38 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 63 + Defenses 11 = 141 / 141

Comments: Another of Soundwave's pets, Laserbeak had some fun moments in Dark of the Moon. He basically filled the role that Frenzy had in the first film as an infiltrator. He morphed into 3 different forms in the movie, so I had to spend more points on his Morph than the other Decepticons but he’s still not nearly in their league otherwise. He’s meant to sneak around, maybe kill some non-metas and blend into the background as a printer or copier or something like that.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Re: #322

Post by cassius335 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:48 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Comments: Good old Scorponok had a cool intro in the first movie and he had an important cameo in the second. But alas he didn’t make into the third but that’s OK…

Neither did Megan Fox. BADA-BING! :D
Speaking of the horny devil... are you going to be statting up the humans?

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Post by saint_matthew » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:16 am

cassius335 wrote:Speaking of the horny devil... are you going to be statting up the humans?
Yeah i'm interested in seeing how you'd state up the ability to be completely oblivious of plot, also the power to universally despised by anyone forced to pay money to watch you try and act... Wow, is my dislike of M.B. showing? :roll:
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:18 am

saint_matthew wrote:
cassius335 wrote:Speaking of the horny devil... are you going to be statting up the humans?
Yeah i'm interested in seeing how you'd state up the ability to be completely oblivious of plot, also the power to universally despised by anyone forced to pay money to watch you try and act... Wow, is my dislike of M.B. showing? :roll:
Yep, I already have some of them done, but I am struggling with Simmons because I want to make him a PL20, but really, I think he should be a PLX. 8) All kidding aside, I should havethem up next week sometime. I'm busy this weekend.

And John Tuturro is da man. His 5 minutes as Jesus in the Big Lebowski made him an icon in my mind forever and his tour de force "I'm gonna ham it up as much as I can because I am the only one here that really act and I don't want to make them look too bad" performances as Agent Simmons are one of the highlights of the series.
Shop J-Mart!

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Re: #321

Post by luketheduke86 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Comments: Go ahead, admit it. You were skeptical like me. You questioned the validity of a Transformers movie back in the day. Then you saw Blackout transform and take out that army base. And you were immediately saying in your head “OK…I’m in”.

There’s not a lot movie moments that recall giving me “wow” moments but that was one of them and I’m not ashamed to admit it. Then ROTF happened and I am ashamed to admit I saw it twice in the theatre. No one’s perfect… :(
Oh yea when they first started advertising the movie I was like "Really?! A movie based on Transformers? That's going to be lame..." and then my friends kept pushing to see it and I was like
Fine if I have too." Then Blackout had his great showing, then Bumblebee was awesome in his butt-kicking glory and then I was hooked!

The Shockwave build is fantastic Thorp! He was definitely my favorite character in Dark of the Moon even if you don't get to see what his other forms in action. Doing some searching I guess he's supposed to have a Cybertronian tank and jet mode but he's cool without it. 8)
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Unbeliever
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by Unbeliever » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:32 pm

luketheduke86 wrote: ...
then Bumblebee was awesome in his butt-kicking glory and then I was hooked!
Funny, I find Bumblebee much more awesome in War for Cybertron.

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Post by luketheduke86 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Unbeliever wrote:
luketheduke86 wrote: ...
then Bumblebee was awesome in his butt-kicking glory and then I was hooked!
Funny, I find Bumblebee much more awesome in War for Cybertron.
Oh yea? How is that game? I thought about getting it when it came out but was iffy about how well they could pull off a Transformer's game...
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Unbeliever
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: J-Mart 3E: Barricade, Blackout, Scorponok, Laserbeak

Post by Unbeliever » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:40 pm

Sorry to threadjack, we don't have spoiler tags on the ATT to my knowledge.

@War for Cybertron:
It's actually quite good. 3rd person action shooter (i.e., not so into the cover mechanic) w/ well-integrated transformation controls. I play it on the PC (with a controller), so I picked it up on Steam last year for quite cheap. I'd say it's certainly worth $20.

There was also a lot of multiplayer to it, but by the time I really got into it there wasn't much of a community to support. So, be warned.

The good: they totally nailed the characters, like it's a fantastic depiction of Megatron's personality, of Prime, of Starscream, and so on. The gameplay is quite nice and quite fun, Cybertron looks pretty cool, and it has a nicely-integrated co-op option for the single player campaign.

The bad: the single player game is not overly long. It's not crazy short, but it's not Assassin's Creed or Fallout. Cybertron's environments can get monotonous. Ammo can be pretty sparse, which can get annoying until you get used to the fact that you have a very solid melee attack and your vehicle form also has guns. The plot is kind of blah, though it has a few nice side touches. But, it doesn't delve into the world nearly as much as you want it to.

Bumblebee has incredible bravery, moxie, and is also quite fun to play. I played through my first run as Megatron and Optimus Prime (obviously!), but on my second playthrough I really enjoyed Bumblebee. It won't ruin anything to tell you that he's cheerfully willing to race past (and through!) enemy lines for the Autobot cause, which is kind of borderline suicidal.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Post by saint_matthew » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:42 am

luketheduke86 wrote:Oh yea? How is that game? I thought about getting it when it came out but was iffy about how well they could pull off a Transformer's game...
I had to pirate it just to play it (Heads up companies, if you make exclusive rights agreements, make sure the stores that you made these agreements with exist in other countries before you try pinning your lack of sales in that country on piracy). An to be honest i found it really boring. The game is to short, the missions to copy n stick-ish & frankly the game doesn't give you anything that hasn't been done 100 times better in every single first/third person shooter ever. The only advantage of transforming is speed & given how little you can actually use it in campaign mode, its frankly useless.

Avoid at all costs.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:40 pm

We're taking a break from unloading the truck from Cybertron and dropping a few new items in THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT line here at J-Mart!

Say what you want about the kid, but he sells Super Hero Squad merch like nobody's business...

REPTIL
PL: 9 (135 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+9), Deception (+2), Expertise [Paleontology] 5 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+7), Stealth 2 (+5), Technology 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Inspire (1), Languages (1) (Spanish, Base: English), Leadership, Ranged Attack (2), Teamwork

POWERS:
Dinosaur Channeling: Morph 2 (Dinosaurs, Flaw: Limited [only specific body parts of dinosaur being channeled]), Variable 6 (30 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaws: Limited [traits/advantages/skills of Dinosaurs only]); 50 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Watchtower/JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Finding his parents, who disappeared when he was little
Naïve: Humberto is a very trusting person, which can sometimes allow him to fall for deception
Power Loss: His power is tied to a mystic gem that is embedded in his chest, but it is possible that with the proper technology or mystical talent that it could be removed
Responsibility: As a team leader, he is responsible for his Avengers Academy teammates
Vulnerable: He is vulnerable to extreme cold and cold based attacks

Abilities 44 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 50 + Defenses 14 = 135 / 135

Comments: Since it was requested, and I had most of them done anyway, I figured I would drop the Avengers Academy kids. Avengers Academy is one of my favorite books right now, and issue 14.1 is one of my all-time favorite comics, bar none. Most of the time they don't break any new ground with the whole "troubled kids" arcs but that one, where they really broke down the time honored hero/villain dichotomy, all the while winding it into a story about the classic roles and introducing their first real archenemy was wonderful.

Anyway, the AA is led by Pym and Tigra, with Justice, Jocasta and Quicksilver also on staff. The real basis of the series is that all the kids were recruited into the Initiative during Norman Osborn's rule and they were selected for Avengers training because they were the ones that Osborn tortured the most, ergo had the biggest risk of becoming supervillains. At first they didn't know that, then they found out on their own, and finally Pym came clean and that underlying theme of walking the line of hero and villain has been one of the driving forces of the book. It's a good monthly read, I highly recommend it.

OK, enough free advertising for Marvel. On the builds. Reptil has been around for a while now and he’s getting some more run in Avengers Academy. My son LOVES him on Super Hero Squad, proving that no matter how lame they are, little boys love dinosaurs. :wink:

Lately it seems that he has gotten over his mental block of being able to turn into a full dinosaur, but I liked him where he could only morph the part of himself that channeling the dinosaur ability, so that’s where he stays. I could have rolled that morph into his variable power, but since I had plenty of points to play with, I kept it separate and he still came in at playable points.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!