OUBLIETTE (Original 2E Builds)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#276: Yifan Zhang

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:49 pm

YIFAN ZHANG (Power Level 6)

Height / Weight: 5’0” / 104 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Brown
Place of Birth: Unrevealed (believed to be Shanxi, China)
First Appearance: Fenghuang #1

Physical Appearance: Yifan Zhang is a slender Chinese woman with long, raven hair and almond-shaped eyes set over a sea of freckles that spans over her nose. Her dancer’s body only hints at the feats of agility this lithe young woman, often encountered a skintight, black leather bodysuit, has performed in the pursuit of marketable information.

Biography: Fenghuang first encountered Yifan Zhang when an agent from the Department of SPB Affairs arrived to inform the hero of an international crisis. An MI6 agent was abducted from his home by Iranian nationals. The group responsible demanded the release of a captured Iranian revolutionary. In investigating a possible breach of security, MI6 learned that similar situations had risen up in the CIA.

Once it became apparent that someone was selling national secrets, the agencies merged efforts to find out who—an investigation that led them to China and to an information broker codenamed after a mythological cat goddess: Yifan Zhang.

The young woman was a telepath who made frequent trips to Langley, London and the homes of various intelligence agencies around the globe. No one suspected the thought thief: the woman was selling secrets on the black market without ever interrogating or torturing her targets.

In their attempts to capture the woman, it became readily apparent that she was certainly more than a simple telepath: Yifan Zhang employed colloquiums indigenous to the Jin dialect spoken in the Shanxi providence. Further complicating things, the woman is an accomplished athlete with obvious firearm training—a fact Fenghuang and his Department of SPB Affairs handler learned the hard way.

Ultimately, though it appeared Yifan Zhang fell to her demise at the end of their adventure with her, she soon resurfaced in the middle of one of Fenghuang’s cases. Time and time again their paths have crossed and a strange flirtation has flowered between the pair when they have found themselves forced to work together towards a common goal…

STR 12 (+1), DEX 16 (+3), CON 14 (+2), INT 15 (+2), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 12 (+1)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Bluff 6 (+7/+11 attractive), Climb 4 (+5), Computers 3 (+5), Diplomacy 5 (+6/+10 attractive), Drive 4 (+6), Escape Artist 3 (+5), Gather Information 5 (+6), Knowledge (streetwise) 5 (+7), Languages 2 (English, Jin Chinese [base], Mandarin Chinese), Notice 4 (+5), Profession (spy) 5 (+6), Sense Motive 6 (+7), Stealth 6 (+9), Swim 4 (+5)

FEATS: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Focus 2 (ranged), Attack Specialization 1 (firearms), Attractive 1, Contacts, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 4, Equipment 8, Evasion 1, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 1, Quick Draw 1, Precise Shot 1, Sneak Attack 1, Teamwork 1, Uncanny Dodge 1 (hearing)

POWERS: Mind Shield 6, Telepathy 5 (Alternate Powers: Mind Control 5)

Equipment: cell phone, flashlight, fragmentation grenade, motorcycle, multi-tool, night vision goggles, submachine gun (+4 damage)

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+4 ranged, +6 firearms), Grapple +3, Damage +1 (+4 submachine gun, +6 sneak attack), Defense +6 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -3 (-1 flat-footed), Initiative +7

SAVES: Toughness +6 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +4, Reflex +8, Will +3 (+9 Mind Shield)

COMPLICATIONS: Enemy (Yifan Zhang’s secret identity has attracted the attention of Xiezhi), Rivalry (Yifan Zhang has a love-hate relationship with Fenghuang), Secret (Identity)

Abilities 23+ Skills 17 (68 ranks) + Feats 30 + Powers 17+ Combat 8 + Saves 9 = 105 points

Michuru81 wrote:If Xiezhi is Fenghuang's Joker, Yifan Zhang is his Catwoman.

I've had this idea in my head for a while: a woman who reads the minds of spies and sells what they know--either as a spy for her home country or as a free agent operating on the black market. Problem was, such a villain really would not have worked in the frame of the New Vindicators' neighborhood... but it's perfect here.

I'm not too happy about going over in points. Surprisingly, I didn't trim her Telepathy down to hit the 105--I had set out to keep her from hitting her ceiling in the power department. What was trimmed were some of her skills and feats, as she was initially someone crazy in the Dex/Cha skills department.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Fenghuang - Yifan Zhang

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Personally, if you wanted to keep some of those feats and skills at a slightly higher level, reduce her Telepathy to simple Mind Reading. there's nothing in her bio that suggest two way mental communication, just thought stealing, so Mind Reading, because lacks the Communication element, is half the cost of full telepathy. You get 5pp back right there. With 5pp, you could boost her Acrobatics to where it operates like it sounds it should and give her a couple nifty feats to go with.

Just a thought....feel free to steal it. :mrgreen:

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Fenghuang - Yifan Zhang

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Personally, if you wanted to keep some of those feats and skills at a slightly higher level, reduce her Telepathy to simple Mind Reading. there's nothing in her bio that suggest two way mental communication, just thought stealing, so Mind Reading, because lacks the Communication element, is half the cost of full telepathy. You get 5pp back right there. With 5pp, you could boost her Acrobatics to where it operates like it sounds it should and give her a couple nifty feats to go with.

Just a thought....feel free to steal it. :mrgreen:

Aye, but then the Mind Control she has AP'ed off it takes a nasty hit... Granted, it would be enough to control X.T. but...

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#277: Larrikin

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:18 pm

LARRIKIN (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’10” / 160 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Blue
Place of Birth: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (September 5, 1992)
First Appearance: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #6

Physical Description: Larrikin is an athletic young man with tan skin, bleach-blonde hair and roguish good looks. He is often seen wearing flip-flops, swim trunks and an open shirt, much to the consternation of his educators at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Relationships: Beatrice Marceau / Vestige (crush), Sarah Nelson / Lullaby (crush)

Biography: He was an American in a strange land. Deposited in Victoria in the late 1970’s, the American tried to blend in as best he could. Eventually, he met and married a local and settled down to start a family.

Their first child was still-born while the next was lost with a miscarriage. Finally, in 1992, after a decade of marriage, the two brought a child into the world.

The next day, the American disappeared and was never seen again.

At least, that’s the story Larrikin tells anyone who asks about his family life. According to him, his mother died when he was twelve, leaving him with no one.

After a few years of bouncing around the foster system, Larrikin ran away and fled to Torquay, the birthplace of surfing. He made friends easy enough and began to not just surf the waves but couches as well. Using his charm to snag a place to sleep was one thing but he also needed food…

After honing his Neo-Sapien ability to influence colors, he began to peddle fake banknotes. He secured food from convenience stores using blank bills and periodically used his quasi-illusory powers to impersonate a police officer long enough to retrieve his fake bills from the evidence room. Still, it’s unknown how he ended up in the possession of blank banknotes to begin with…

Regardless, his escapades caught the attention of the New Vindicators Academy, who assigned Fluxx, one of the sophomore prefects to recruit him. For his team, Fluxx took Greystone, Sublime and Vestige; he further elected Pict to act as their chaperone in Australia. After a little bit of detective work, the group tracked Larrikin to Bells Beach. After enduring his direct manner of flirtation, Fluxx was able to enlist the youngster and the school won a new student…

STR 14 (+2), DEX 15 (+2), CON 14 (+2), INT 11, WIS 10, CHA 13 (+1)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Bluff 4 (+5), Concentration 4, Drive 2 (+4), Knowledge (popular cuture) 2, Knowledge (streetwise) 4, Notice 4, Sense Motive 4, Swim 4 (+6)

FEATS: Acrobatic Bluff, Attractive 1, Defensive Roll 2, Elusive Target, Equipment 2, Evasion 1, Improved Initiative 1, Taunt

POWERS: Color Control 8 (Alternate Powers: Dazzle 8 [visual], Illusion 8 [visual], Nauseate 5 [Extras: Range {Ranged, +1}, Transparency; Power Feats: Precise; Extras: Range [Perception, +1])

Equipment: communicator, New Vindicators uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity [cold and heat], GPS receiver—never worn), surf board—4 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +2, Grapple +4, Damage +2, Defense +2 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -2 (-1 flat-footed), Initiative +5

SAVES: Toughness +4 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +4, Reflex +3, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS: Obsession (Young Girls), Prejudice (Neo-Sapien), Reputation (Liar, Pervert, Prankster)

Abilities 17 + Skills 8 (32 ranks) + Feats 10 + Powers 29 + Combat 8 + Saves 10 = 83 points

Michuru81 wrote:I seriously haven't posted anything here in three months? And I cut off in the middle of my whole world tour thing too... Oh, well. Larrikin is the latest NPC to be dropped into the New Vindicators Academy of Europe, a place that's competing with their sister school for Most Nightmare-Inducing Campus. Fortunately, Fluxx left that part out of the sales pitch...

The trouble with a super-hero school setting is... it's kind of unbelievable that the PCs are the only super-powered teens (why bother having a school if only five or seven kids with powers exist). However, you can't make the kids too useful or the players can rely on them to settle every problem that pops up. While Color Control is an amazing power, I'm striving to make Larrikin fairly useless in a fight--allowing the heroes to have the center stage when the big baddie descends to try to make everyone's lives more complicated than they already are.

Fortunately, the next few students to be recruited will be just as worthless...

5/8/11: Updated Larrikin's equipment, now that he's officially at the school. I can't see him actually wearing the uniform into battle but... he has one. He does, however, have a communicator now...
Last edited by Michuru81 on Sun May 08, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Larrikin

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:57 pm

You don't have to make the other students useless, after all, only Martin really seems to consider the NPC's when doing things. Jack, Lex and Otso are very "hands on" types, and as of yet Kas is still trying to make friends, so we don't know how he'll turn out. Jason tends to ignore everybody not relevant to his current goal... friendly or antagonistic, PC or NPC, so usefulness is very situational with him. Viktor certainly isn't going to step aside for the NPC's, even as a destitute, depressed, teen father-to-be, he's still looking for his Big Damn Hero moments, and Emily treats everyone the same regardless...which is to say, she gives orders and is generally brief with them. She's just not a talker.

Personally, I believe you could have a bunch of more competent NPC's and the PC's would pretty much ignore them. Heck, even in the "Matt" incident, only Otso gave any real thought to trying to find back-up. Lex and Emily just went and did their respective things.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Larrikin

Postby Michuru81 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Horsenhero wrote:You don't have to make the other students useless, after all, only Martin really seems to consider the NPC's when doing things. Jack, Lex and Otso are very "hands on" types, and as of yet Kas is still trying to make friends, so we don't know how he'll turn out. Jason tends to ignore everybody not relevant to his current goal... friendly or antagonistic, PC or NPC, so usefulness is very situational with him. Viktor certainly isn't going to step aside for the NPC's, even as a destitute, depressed, teen father-to-be, he's still looking for his Big Damn Hero moments, and Emily treats everyone the same regardless...which is to say, she gives orders and is generally brief with them. She's just not a talker.

Personally, I believe you could have a bunch of more competent NPC's and the PC's would pretty much ignore them. Heck, even in the "Matt" incident, only Otso gave any real thought to trying to find back-up. Lex and Emily just went and did their respective things.

Even if the players don't draft the NPCs to the current situation, it's hard from a storytelling stand point to explain why someone simply wouldn't help to the best of their ability.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#278: Verve

Postby Michuru81 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:21 pm

VERVE (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’0” / 104 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Green
Place of Birth: Vienna, Austria (December 9, 1993)
First Appearance: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #8

Physical Description: Astrid is an energetic, youthful young woman almost always seen wearing a smile. Her lithe, athletic frame is typically garbed in a T-shirt and shorts—no matter the time of the year. Her hair is often pulled into a ponytail.

Biography: Astrid inherited her Neo-Sapien powers from her father, who covertly used his powers to become an Olympic-class gymnast. His abilities did not give him an edge in competition—they simply allowed him to train his body night and day and permitted him to traverse the threshold of exhaustion.

While he dreamed his only child would follow in his footsteps, the agile young girl grew to loathe gymnastics and instead gravitated towards parkour and free-running.

STR 12 (+1), DEX 17 (+3), CON 12 (+1), INT 12 (+1), WIS 8 (-1), CHA 13 (+1)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+11), Climb 6 (+7), Knowledge (popular culture) 3 (+4), Languages 1 (English, German [base]), Notice 2 (+1)

FEATS: Acrobatic Bluff, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 4, Equipment 2, Evasion 1, Elusive Target, Improved Initiative 2, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge 1 (sight)

POWERS: Healing 8 (Extras: Energizing [+1]; Flaws: Limited [Fatigue conditions, -1]), Immunity 5 (fatigue effects)

Equipment: cell phone (digital camera, cell phone), comm link, GPS receiver, laptop, New Vindicators uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat])—1 free equipment point

COMBAT: Attack +0, Grapple +1, Damage +1, Defense +4 (+0 flat-footed), Knockback -2 (-1 flat-footed), Initiative +11

SAVES: Toughness +5/+3 without uniform (+3 flat-footed/+1 without uniform), Fortitude +3, Reflex +9, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien)

Abilities 26 (as a freshman, Verve currently has -2 to all ability scores) + Skills 5 (20 ranks) + Feats 16 + Powers 21 + Combat 0 + Saves 10 = 80 points

Michuru81 wrote:Let's try something ballsy: posting characters who have yet to make an appearance in the PBP game. The plan for the next session involves each prefect being given a recruitment assignment. One of these new students will be Verve, a young girl who's ability renders her immune to exhaustion except when she absorbs someone else's fatigue. Now, the only issue is going to be whether or not I get derailed from my plans for the next session or not...
Last edited by Michuru81 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #278: Verve

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Michuru81 wrote:Let's try something ballsy: posting characters who have yet to make an appearance in the PBP game.

I whole-heartedly support this idea. If I might, I'd also make a request for more faculty. Yavorshak and Manuel are the first two that come to mind, but there are plenty of others.

Isn't the school supposed to have like a minotaur janitor of some kind?

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: #278: Verve

Postby Michuru81 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:
Michuru81 wrote:Let's try something ballsy: posting characters who have yet to make an appearance in the PBP game.

I whole-heartedly support this idea. If I might, I'd also make a request for more faculty. Yavorshak and Manuel are the first two that come to mind, but there are plenty of others.

Isn't the school supposed to have like a minotaur janitor of some kind?

Si, and a hideous laundry lady...

I have stats for everything but... barely a background. I suspect that at some point, my posting a sentence for a biography might draw some animosity...

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Larrikin, Verve

Postby Horsenhero » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Heh. I'm willing to bet the person most upset by an anemic bio would be you. I could be wrong...but somehow I don't think so.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Larrikin, Verve

Postby Michuru81 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Heh. I'm willing to bet the person most upset by an anemic bio would be you. I could be wrong...but somehow I don't think so.

[nods] Probably. It just feels... lazy...

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#279: Mister Sonck

Postby Michuru81 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:13 pm

GEORGE SONCK (Power Level 0)

Height / Weight: 5’4” / 140 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Grey / Brown
Place of Birth: Espoo, Finland (January 11, 1957)
First Appearance: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #1

Physical Description: Mister Sonck is a short, balding man often seen in horn-rimmed glasses and drab suits from bygone eras.

Biography: Mister Sonck has been teaching at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe since it opened in 2002. His expertise is in literature. As he spends the most of his time engrossed in fiction, he seldom has time for real people and is a bit of a recluse.

STR 10, DEX 10, CON 10, INT 14 (+2), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 8 (-1)

SKILLS: Knowledge (popular culture) 5 (+7), Languages 2 (English, Finnish [base], Swedish), Profession (teacher) 5 (+7)

FEATS: Equipment 1

POWERS: Quickness 3 (x10; Power Feats: Eidetic Memory; Flaws: One Task [reading, -2])

Equipment: cell phone, glasses (removes drawback), Kindle, laptop—1 free equipment point

COMBAT: Attack +0, Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +0, Knockback -0, Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Reflex +0, Will +4

DRAWBACKS: Disability (Myopia, -1 point)

Abilities 6 + Skills 2 (10 ranks) + Feats 1 + Powers 2 + Combat 0 + Saves 2 – Drawbacks 1 = 12 points

Michuru81 wrote:In an attempt to make Arthur Eld happy, I'm going to work on jamming out some of the minor characters of the NVAE PBP game, starting with Mister Sonck, the yet unseen Literature teacher.

One of the realizations that I've had recently is that it's not that practical for a school to employ super-heroes as educators: every time there's a crisis (such as the current events of our game), several classes get canceled. As the game evolves (replacing the late Mister Ander and Miss O'Laughlin), expect more and more teachers to be at George's caliber (read: worthless in a fight).

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#280: Miss Katz

Postby Michuru81 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:18 pm

VALERIE KATZ (Power Level 0)

Height / Weight: 5’7” / 105 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Green
Place of Birth: Hanover, Germany (March 13, 1975)

Physical Appearance: Miss Katz is a plain looking woman whose long, blonde hair has a natural curl to it.

Biography: Since the New Vindicators Academy of Europe opened in 2002, Miss Katz has served as the institutes’ chemistry teacher.

STR 10, DEX 10, CON 10, INT 15 (+2), WIS 11, CHA 11

SKILLS: Craft (chemical) 3 (+5), Handle Animal 2, Knowledge (physical sciences) 5 (+7), Languages 1 (English, German [base]), Perform 2 (singing), Perform 2 (wind instruments), Profession (teacher) 5

POWERS: Immunity 10 (fire effects), Regeneration 10 (Recovery Bonus 1; Recovery Rate: Bruised 3 [once per round without rest], Injured 6 [once per round without rest]; Flaws: Source [fire, -1])

Equipment: cell phone, laptop

COMBAT: Attack +0, Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +0, Knockback -0, Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Reflex +0, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien)

Abilities 7 + Skills 5 (20 ranks) + Feats 1 + Powers 15 + Combat 0 + Saves 2 = 30 points

Michuru81 wrote:Another of the minor teachers at the school, Miss Katz is a Neo-Sapien who heals when exposed to a flame. Pretty basic and straightforward without making her capable of dishing out punishment.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#281: Miss Zlatkovski

Postby Michuru81 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:23 pm

ESMA ZLATKOVSKI (Power Level 0)

Height / Weight: 5’2” / 148 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Hazel
Place of Birth: Gostivar, Macedonia (November 10, 1973)

Physical Description: Esma is a short, overweight, middle-aged woman with long dark hair oft tied in a braid.

Biography: With the school’s opening in 2002, Esma Zlatkovski has taught linguistics at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe. Ever the romantic, Esma dreams of the day she’ll meet her prince.

STR 10, DEX 10, CON 10, INT 14 (+2), WIS 11, CHA 11

SKILLS: Language 1 (Macedonian), Profession (educator) 5, Sense Motive 2

POWERS: Comprehend 3 (Languages [read, speak and understand])

Equipment: cell phone, laptop—3 free equipment points

SAVES: Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Reflex +0, Will +2

Abilities 6 + Skills 2 (8 ranks) + Feats 1 + Powers 6 + Combat 0 + Saves 2 = 17 points

Michuru81 wrote:Rounding out the lesser teachers, Miss Zlatkovski might get a face life build-wise as her character develops--same as the others. There are no plans to involve them in the plot, however, so this happening will be purely accidental.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#282: Iulia Catargi

Postby Michuru81 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:43 pm

IULIA CATARGI (Power Level 10)

Height / Weight: 5’8” / 120 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Brown
Place of Birth: Orlat, Sibiu County, Transylvania, Romania (December 5, 1972)
First Appearance: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #3

Physical Description: Iulia is a very attractive woman with dark eyes and long, dark hair that holds a faint wave to it. She tends to dress in tight, often revealing clothes that accentuate a body she is proud of.

Relationships: Avram Catargi (father; deceased), Mother (deceased), Sergiu Catargi (brother; deceased), Sister-in-Law (deceased) Owen Reagan / Wilt (nephew), Jason Lamperogue / Prodigy (it’s complicated)

Biography: In was 1988 when Apollo arrived in Orlat. Avram met the immortal in the yard and decreed that his family would not serve Semyazza…

…And then he died.

His two children, Avram and Iulia, tried to spirit their mother away. Again, Semyazza’s minions caught up with them; their mother was slain and the siblings split up…

Iulia found her way to the Aurelius and Doctor Steven White quickly placed a protective spell over her that would keep the Fallen or any of their servants from finding her. With newfound freedom, Iulia enrolled in college and eventually earned a degree in psychology.

Her status as a Neo-Sapien was eventually uncovered but not by Semyazza’s lackeys—rather, she was discovered by the Department of SPB Affairs and given the chance to teach at the newly founded New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

NEW VINDICATORS: quaere verum—During Vicente’s brief stay at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe, a small party was hosted in the Wreck Room. Vicente hoped to introduce his younger brother’s peers to fine wine but first needed to eliminate their chaperones: Siege and Miss Catargi. Slipping drugs into their drinks, he incapacitated them both.

Offering to take care of the faculty members, Jason Lamperogue helped Iulia back to her room where he proceeded to create a scene that would lead her to believe, upon waking, that they had had sex.

Ultimately, the plan backfired. Rather than succumb to embarrassment, Iulia became defensive: one of the Aurelius’ comrades was also a teacher at the school: William Benson proceeded to intimidate Jason and eventually, the truth came out. As a result, Jason was removed from the woman’s class at her request and she has begun to avoid him at every opportunity.

NEW VINDICATORS: sanguis ac ferroque—Though Iulia never saw her older brother again, she met his son years later: orphaned by Willoughby and Michael Hawpe, the boy was placed into foster care and came to be known as Owen Reagan. It was thanks to Owen’s teammate Christmas Clark that the pair were reunited; Iulia now had a familial connection for the first time in decades and Owen found hope in the possibility of learning to control his ability.

STR 12 (+1), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 14 (+2), WIS 13 (+1), CHA 15 [25] (+7)

SKILLS: Diplomacy 6 (+13/17 attractive), Knowledge (arcane lore) 5 (+7), Knowledge (behavioral sciences) 8 (+10), Languages 2 (English, German, Romanian [base]), Profession (teacher) 5 (+7), Sense Motive 6 (+7)

FEATS: Attack Focus 2 (melee), Attractive 1, Connected, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 1, Favored Environment 2 (air), Improved Initiative 1, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Enhanced Charisma 10, Flight 2 (25 MPH; Drawbacks: Power Loss [when wings are bound, -1 points]), Hypnosis 10 (Extras: Sense-Dependent [Hypnotic Gaze, +0]), Strike 1 (Power Feats: Mighty), Transfer 10 (Drain Constitution / Boost Regeneration; Alternate Powers: Transfer 10 [Drain Strength / Boost Strength])

Equipment: cell phone, laptop—3 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+4 melee), Grapple +4, Damage +1 (+2 claws), Defense +4 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -1 (-0 flat-footed), Initiative +5

SAVES: Toughness +3 (+1 flat-footed), Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS: Enemy (Apollo, Semyazza, Prodigy… kinda…), Prejudice (Neo-Sapien), Secret (Catargi)

Abilities 19 + Skills 9 (32 ranks) + Feats 13 + Powers 56 + Combat 8 + Saves 15 = 120 points

Michuru81 wrote:Iulia falls into a category all her own: while she could hold her own with her powers (unlike most of the non-Vindicator teachers), she doesn't have the combat experience to really got into the field. She's dangerous, sure... but only if she gets lucky...

Return to “Roll Call”