Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Red Ghost, Red Guardian, Red Skull)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Rat, Raven, Remorhaz)

Post by BARON » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:07 am

Raksashas were always my favorite D&D villains.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Retriever)

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:19 am

"... and I want a giant spider in the third reel."

RETRIEVER (PL 11)

Strength
10, Stamina --, Agility 3, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 7, Intellect --, Awareness 0, Presence --

POWERS
Construct Traits:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) – 30 points
Eye Rays: Array (48 points)
Petrification Ray: Ranged Affliction 8 (Dazed and Hindered / Defenseless and Immobilized / Transformed and Unaware; Resisted by Fortitude; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Progressive) – 48 points
Energy Ray: Ranged Damage 8 (Variable Descriptor [cold, fire, or electricity]) – 1 point
Huge Body: Growth 8 (Innate, Permanent; -4 active defenses included), Protection 2 – 17 points
Retriever Senses: Senses 3 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision) – 3 points
Self-Repair System: Regeneration 5 – 5 points
Spider Legs: Extra Limbs 5 (Innate), Speed 1 (8 mph) – 7 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 5, Fast Grab, Languages 0 (Abyssal is native)

SKILLS
Perception 7 (+7), Ranged Combat (Eye Rays) 7 (+8]

OFFENSE
Initiative
+3
Eye Ray +8 (Ranged, Damage or Affliction 8]
Unarmed +12 (Close, Damage 10)

DEFENSE
Dodge
2, Parry 5, Toughness 10,
Fortitude Immune, Will 2

Abilities -4 + Advantages 6 + Defenses 6 + Powers 111 + Skills 7 = 126 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
A retriever cannot speak. Its limbs offer limited manipulation.
Retrievers are spider-shaped constructs from the demonic realm of the Abyss. This automaton is fashioned from the souls of the damned and serves as the errand-beast of powerful demon lords and princes. Retrievers have an unerring ability to find their designated target and possess a number of magical rays that enable it to deal with any threats in its path.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Retriever, Rhino)

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:21 am

RHINOCEROS (PL 7)

Strength
6, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 3, Intellect -4, Awareness 1, Presence -3

POWERS
Animal Senses:
Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Scent, Tracking [olfactory]) – 3 points
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 3 – 12 points
Powerful Charge: Strength-Based Damage 2 (Limited to charging) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 3, Great Endurance, Skill Mastery (Perception)

SKILLS
Perception 4 (+5)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+0
Charge +6 (Close, Damage 8]
Unarmed +6 (Close, Damage 6)

DEFENSE
Dodge
2, Parry 2, Toughness 7,
Fortitude 7, Will 2

Abilities -2 + Advantages 5 + Defenses 10 + Powers 16 + Skills 2 = 31 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
A rhinoceros is mute and has no hands.
Temper: Rhinos are ill-tempered and will attack anything they see as a threat.
A rhinoceros is a natural herbivorous animal found in warm plains. They have heavy-skinned bodies that are gray in color and prominent horns on their snouts. These creatures are known to be short-tempered and attack anything they perceive as a threat. Rhinos are reputed to particularly hate fire, and will travel miles in an effort to stomp out any fire within its territory.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Roc, Roper)

Post by prodigyduck » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:59 am

ROC (PL 12)

Strength
12, Stamina 7, Agility 2, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 12, Intellect -4, Awareness 1, Presence 0

POWERS
Gargantuan Body:
Growth 12 (Innate, Permanent; -6 active defenses included), Protection 2 – 27 points
Roc Senses: Senses 2 (Extended Vision, Low-Light Vision) – 2 points
Wings: Flight 5 (60 mph; Wings) – 5 points

ADVANTAGES
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Talons), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery (Perception)

SKILLS
Perception 10 (+11)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+6
Talons +12 (Close, Damage 12/19-20)
Unarmed +12 (Close, Damage 12)

DEFENSE
Dodge
6, Parry 11, Toughness 9,
Fortitude 17, Will 6

Abilities 14 + Advantages 6 + Defenses 30 + Powers 34 + Skills 5 = 89 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
A roc is mute. Its talons offer limited manipulation.
A roc is a bird of such immense size, that it has been known to carry off horses (and their riders), elephants, and even whales to feed upon. These giant birds make their nests in the highest mountains, which is always full of other birds such as vultures and buzzards hoping to steal small portions of the roc’s leftovers.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:02 am

ROPER (PL 11)

Strength
4, Stamina 3, Agility 1, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 1

POWERS
Aberration Senses:
Senses 3 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision) – 3 points
Aberrant Traits: Immunity 5 (Electrical Damage) – 5 points
Large Body: Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent; -2 active defenses included), Protection 11 – 20 points
Tendrils: Extra Limb 2, Weaken Strength 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; Grab-Based, Reach) – 7 points
Rocky Body: Enhanced Stealth 8 (Limited to Stony or Icy Areas) – 2 points

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 2, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Initiative, Languages 1 (Terran [Undercommon is native]), Skill Mastery (Perception, Stealth)

SKILLS
Athletics 7 (+11), Close Combat (Tendrils) 3 (+12), Expertise (Theology) 7 (+10), Expertise (Underground) 7 (+10), Perception 7 (+10), Stealth 7 (+4, +12 in stony or icy areas)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+5
Bite +9 (Close, Damage 4/19-20)
Tendril +12 (Close, Weaken 8]
Unarmed +9 (Close, Damage 4)

DEFENSE
Dodge
2, Parry 8, Toughness 14,
Fortitude 6, Will 10

Abilities 24 + Advantages 6 + Defenses 16 + Powers 37 + Skills 19 = 102 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Ropers are slow-moving, having a speed rank of -1 (15 feet/round). A roper has no hands; its tendrils offer limited manipulation.
Weakness: Vulnerability to fire damage.
Ropers are ambush hunters that evolved in the underworld. They take the appearance of stalagmites and wait for a living creature to draw close. When this happens, the roper quickly lashes out with tendrils extruded from its body that wrap around its target, sapping the creature’s strength. The roper then draws its prey into its fang-filled mouth to consume. As a rope never knows when its next meal is coming, they often slay and eat more than they can possibly consume at once.

There are some varieties of ropers that have evolved on the surface of the world. They take the shape of dead tree trunks and hide within the forest.

Despite their monstrous hunger and evil natures, ropers are intelligent and insightful creatures. In the time between feedings, they learn about their surrounding underworld and contemplate philosophy. Religious pilgrims sometimes brave the lair of a roper for a chance to learn the creature’s insight.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:02 am

I always found it funny that a bird of prey large enough to carry WHALES away was limited to the fairly-small Challenge Rating of "12" in D&D. One of those odd things about the games- size alone didn't cut it for some creatures. I always want to use them in games and concepts, but the Zoology Nerd inside me just won't allow it- HOW IN THE HELL would something that big exist in any sustainable ecosystem? It's sheer size means that it would need a nigh-inexhaustible supply of whales.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:23 am

Jabroniville wrote:I always found it funny that a bird of prey large enough to carry WHALES away was limited to the fairly-small Challenge Rating of "12" in D&D. One of those odd things about the games- size alone didn't cut it for some creatures. I always want to use them in games and concepts, but the Zoology Nerd inside me just won't allow it- HOW IN THE HELL would something that big exist in any sustainable ecosystem? It's sheer size means that it would need a nigh-inexhaustible supply of whales.
Well, the first part is quoted for truth, even if something as large as the Roc would probably have some real problems at fighting something as a small as a person, the sheer intimidation factor is nothing to laugh at.

As for the zoology, well let me quote a great writer on the subject: "Dragons breathe fire not because they have asbestos lungs, but because that is what dragons do. (Terry Pratchett)"
Fantasy fauna rarely makes sense, but that's not the point, they had to look great to allow a good story.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Jabroniville wrote:I always found it funny that a bird of prey large enough to carry WHALES away was limited to the fairly-small Challenge Rating of "12" in D&D. One of those odd things about the games- size alone didn't cut it for some creatures. I always want to use them in games and concepts, but the Zoology Nerd inside me just won't allow it- HOW IN THE HELL would something that big exist in any sustainable ecosystem? It's sheer size means that it would need a nigh-inexhaustible supply of whales.
One should not make them as prevelent as birds tend to be. Their large size and diet won't allow more than a few to exist in the world at any time. Plus, there are more than whales in the world. There are also elephants and hippos... in a fantasy game there are giants, small dragons, dinosaurs, etc.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:04 pm

See, but then you run into the issues of breeding populations! How are only a few Rocs gonna sustain anything? :)

You're all right, though- in a fantasy world you can basically pick and choose what you want to exist, and how it exists. The stereotypical D&D adventure basically includes random attacks by suicidal predators that want to kill every party member despite being outnumbered. And there are apparently 9,000 apex predators out there, with prey species being an afterthought. It's a zoologist's nightmare, but makes the stories all the sweeter!

My personal solution was to have small overall populations, but have one or two Rocs per HUNDREDS of miles. Also, my D&D world will have TONS more whales, dinosaurs, mammoths and elephants all-around, so that all the Dragons, Rocs, Frost Worms and Giants all have a regular supply of food! I'm even inventing a few other large Herd Animal types to populate the world for just such a purpose. There'll probably be more large superfauna than small stuff like Deer.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Jabroniville wrote:See, but then you run into the issues of breeding populations! How are only a few Rocs gonna sustain anything? :)

You're all right, though- in a fantasy world you can basically pick and choose what you want to exist, and how it exists. The stereotypical D&D adventure basically includes random attacks by suicidal predators that want to kill every party member despite being outnumbered. And there are apparently 9,000 apex predators out there, with prey species being an afterthought. It's a zoologist's nightmare, but makes the stories all the sweeter!

My personal solution was to have small overall populations, but have one or two Rocs per HUNDREDS of miles. Also, my D&D world will have TONS more whales, dinosaurs, mammoths and elephants all-around, so that all the Dragons, Rocs, Frost Worms and Giants all have a regular supply of food! I'm even inventing a few other large Herd Animal types to populate the world for just such a purpose. There'll probably be more large superfauna than small stuff like Deer.
I think you have to make your planet about Jupiter size to support all the huge monsters and variety of life in the D&D verse. :wink:

As a goof, I always love to throw a monster that has no sense being a dungeon at my players just to piss them off and say something like "how the hell did Roc get in this dungeon?!?!?" And THEN make them all suicidal and try to kill them for no good reason. THAT is what gaming is all about! :D
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 pm

GM's Answer: "This is the famous Cave Roc, who flies about with his 250-foot wingspan while underground. Closely related to the Water Roc, Lava Roc and Rock Roc. Also, watch out for 500-foot Underground Dire Half-Dragon Mosquito behind you."

I would be a TERRIFYING D&D GM :).

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote: I think you have to make your planet about Jupiter size to support all the huge monsters and variety of life in the D&D verse. :wink:

:D
The world of Forgotten Realms is three or four times the size of Earth, if you have seen the map.

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Flying Cobra » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Jabroniville wrote:GM's Answer: "This is the famous Cave Roc, who flies about with his 250-foot wingspan while underground. Closely related to the Water Roc, Lava Roc and Rock Roc. Also, watch out for 500-foot Underground Dire Half-Dragon Mosquito behind you."

I would be a TERRIFYING D&D GM :).
How about the 300' Roc Lobster?

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Rust Monster, Sahuagin)

Post by prodigyduck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Gimme some metal, man... I-I need it... I only need a little... Please, man, I'm hurtin'.

RUST MONSTER (PL 5)

Strength
0, Stamina 1, Agility 3, Dexterity 1,
Fighting 3, Intellect -4, Awareness 1, Presence -1

POWERS
Aberrant Senses:
Senses 8 (Darkvision, Detect Metal [acute, radius, ranged olfactory sense], Scent, Tracking [olfactory]) – 8 points
Antennae: Weaken Toughness 3 (Resisted by Fortitude; Affects Objects), Linked to Damage 3; Limited to Metal Objects, Reaction – 21 points
Carapace: Protection 4 – 4 points
Fast: Speed 1 (4 mph) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Grabbing Finesse, Skill Mastery (Perception)

SKILLS
Perception 4 (+5)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+3
Antennae +3 (Close, Weaken 3 plus Damage 3)
Unarmed +3 (Close, Damage 0)

DEFENSE
Dodge
4, Parry 4, Toughness 5,
Fortitude 2, Will 5

Abilities 8 + Advantages 2 + Defenses 8 + Powers 34 + Skills 2 = 54 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
A rust monster is mute and has no hands.
Infamy: Rust monsters are feared by warriors for their ability to corrode metal weapons and armor.
A rust monster is a magical breed of giant insect that evolved in the depths of the world. They have a taste for metal and seek to consume it. The saliva of a rust monster quickly corrodes any metallic object it touches.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Bestiary Builds (Rust Monster, Sahuagin)

Post by prodigyduck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:26 pm

SAHUAGIN (PL 7)

Strength
4* / 2, Stamina 4* / 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 1, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence -1
* with Blood Frenzy

POWERS
Aquatic:
Immunity 3 (Cold, Drowning, Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation – Aquatic) – 5 points
Aquatic Supremacy: Enhanced Skill 8 (Perception 4, Stealth 4; Limited to underwater) – 2 points
Blood Frenzy: Enhanced Stamina 2, Linked to Enhanced Strength 2; Fades – 4 points
Sahuagin Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision), Senses 4 (Sonar [accurate, radius, ranged hearing sense]; Limited to while underwater) – 4 points
Scales: Protection 3 – 3 points
Speak With Sharks: Comprehend 2 (Animals; Limited to sharks) – 2 points
Strong Swimmer: Enhanced Athletics 8 (Limited to swimming), Swimming 3 (4 mph) – 5 points

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
Array (6 points)
Crossbow: Ranged Damage 3 – 6 points
Trident: Strength-Based Damage 3 – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 1, Equipment 2, Favored Environment (Underwater), Languages 2 (Aquan, Common [Sahuagin is native])

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (+2, +10 swimming), Expertise (Animal Handling) 3 (+5), Expertise (Riding) 3 (+5), Expertise (Survival) 3 (+5) Perception 3 (+4, +8 underwater), Ranged Combat (Crossbow) 3 (+3), Stealth 3 (+4, +8 underwater)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+1
Crossbow +3 (Ranged, Damage 3)
Trident +2 (Close, Damage 7* / 5)
Unarmed +2 (Close, Damage 4* / 2)
* with Battle Frenzy

DEFENSE
Dodge
4, Parry 4, Toughness 9* / 7
Fortitude 4* / 2, Will 4
* with Blood Frenzy

Abilities 16 + Advantages 6 + Defenses 9 + Powers 25 + Skills 9 = 65 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Aquatic:
A sahuagin will begin to drown if removed from water for an extended period.
Disability: A sahuagin is visually diabled if exposed to bright lights.
Sahuagin are evil aquatic humanoids that possess an affinity with sharks. They make raids against sailing ships and coastal villages, where they steal treasures and kidnap people to feed upon in their name of their ravenous shark god. These raids are only carried out on moonless nights, as sahuagin hate and are blinded by bright light.