NEW VINDICATORS (Books I - XIII)

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

New Vindicators, Chapter 1128

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Chapter XXVIII: Thriller
For a single moment, the headmaster had forgotten whose company he kept: he had been marching towards the elevators but Adrianna stopped him once she had heard Carl’s explanation. With news of guests in the Memorial Gardens, the sorceress invited her three allies to link with her: Doctor Howell put a hand on each of the boys’ backs while Carl simply put a trembling hand on Adrianna’s shoulder.

Carl doubted he would ever get the hang of having his body ripped from reality and instantly conjured in another location. He did not know the mechanics of it—was he deconstructed on a cellular level and reassembled elsewhere? Was the effect temporal? Did it stop time and place those touching the Aurelia in some sort of stasis while the world moved around them? The more he tried to understand exactly what was happening to him, the more uncomfortable he was with the entire transit. Still, he could not deny the convenience teleportation offered them: after one quick incantation, Adrianna had instantly shifted the four of them to the Memorial Gardens the school kept.

As he understood it, a handful of bodies were laid to rest here: several students and a few members of the faculty—even a handful of refugees—had lost their lives in the institution’s eight years of operation. Not all of their remains had been requested by their loved ones… It made Carl’s skin crawl to think that his school had its own graveyard. Even more discomforting was the knowledge that close to one hundred people had lost their lives here and on only three separate occasions: two years ago, a clandestine group known as the Affiliation massacred many of the underclassmen; last February, a band of villains assaulted the school and slew several more students; only a few months ago, a graduate named Deimos had come in the middle of the night, intent to slaughter everyone in their sleep.

While several parents had requested their sons and daughters’ remains returned to them, Carl knew from experience that not everyone came from a loving family. There were bound to be students like him—abandoned from birth by their parents—or students whose parents had disowned them when their abilities surfaced. Those who went unclaimed were interred here and given the nature of Roland Birkmeyer’s magic, it was painfully obvious why this was the spot the two magi had appeared at. There should have been no need for questions, Carl felt, but it seemed Adrianna felt otherwise…

“What happened to you, A.J.?” Adrianna asked when she laid eyes on the pair. Carl turned to fix her with a strange look: this was hardly the time to catch up on her old flame’s life. He looked beyond the two intruders to a pair of lumpy figures hidden beneath bed sheets. Unless Carl missed his guess, those were bodies. Whether they had been freshly excavated from this place or brought here, Carl was stunned that his elders seemed so unconcerned with what he found to be alarming. “The last time I saw you, you were about to be captured by Black Box.”

The Dutchman shrugged. “Nothing happened,” he said matter-of-factly.

“Nothing!?!” the sorceress snapped. “Nothing!?! A.J., you—I saw the Sentries dropping in! I was yelling for you to come with us and…” She started to cry. “I teleported! I took Christmas and your little brothers away before they got all of us and… God, all this time I’ve been worried sick about you—your family has been worried sick about you! David told us that we couldn’t risk going after you—that it might bring Black Box down on us—and I kicked myself—blamed myself!—for leaving you there and you tell me that nothing happened!?!”

“I never used my powers,” he said. “I mean, I couldn’t: Bogart took my powers so that he could use them—so that he could hide from those goons… They took me but when they couldn’t identify me as a Neo-Sapien, they let me go.”

Adrianna’s hands were balled into fists that shook with rage. “Why in the hell didn’t you tell any of us you were okay!?!”

“How?” the Rhino asked. “I had no idea how to contact-”

“Your mom? Your brothers? They’re at the same school you spent four years, A.J.! They’re right where they’ve always been!”

The Rhino flashed a smile full of crooked teeth at her. “I missed you too, Adrianna.”

“Don’t change the subject!” she snapped.

“Enough!” proclaimed the Damned. “God, listening to you is grating…”

“What are you doing here, Mister Birkmeyer?” asked Doctor Howell. Carl was thankful that someone here had the intellect to focus on the matter at hand. Still, he cringed slightly when the question seemed to bring only chuckling from the black-clad boy at first.

“I thought I was always welcome here. Aren’t I a student? I should be starting my senior year, after all!”

“You’re always welcome here,” Doctor Howell intoned, “but I meant here—the Memorial Gardens, specifically. Mister Birkmeyer, if you intend to desecrate this place-”

“If you want to make an omelet, you have to break a few eggs,” the Damned said nonchalantly. “I intend to make the best omelet you’ve ever seen… but I need a few eggs.” Realizing that they did not understand him—despite his intentional vagueness—he sighed before explaining further. “You see, the living dead are more than an oxymoron: they are the bridge between this life and the next and the key component in this ritual.

“One-hundred and thirty-seven is the number of the universe… and one-hundred and thirty-seven is how many zombies we would need to sacrifice in order to restore one lost soul!”

“‘Zombies’ is hardly P.C. though,” said the Rhino. “They prefer to be called ‘Post-Life Americans’.”

Carl ignored the Rhino and focused on the necromancer. “What do you mean ‘restore one lost soul’? Are you talking about… Heaven and Hell? That sort of thing?”

The Damned could not help but chuckle haughtily at what would have been his classmate. “I’m talking about resurrection,” he explained. “I’m talking about bridging this world with the next and stealing back the spirit of someone who has already passed on. I’m able to raise the dead—to animate a corpse into a mindless automaton—but this is beyond that!”

“No,” Adrianna said sadly, “this isn’t going to work, A.J.! This won’t bring Taegan back.”

“It will!” the Rhino adamantly declared. “The Damned can do it! He’s going to bring Taegan back and then K.C.!”

Doctor Howell’s jaw went slack. “That’s what this is about? Is that what’s behind you?” Doctor Howell suddenly covered his mouth with his paw. “Are those Mister Mallory and Mister Thinruush’s bodies?”

“Fine!” Adrianna spat. “I get what you’re doing, A.J. but I don’t get why Roland is helping you! What’s in it for you, huh? You’re not exactly the type who’d just do someone a favor…”

“Me? I’m here on orders… After I bailed on you losers, I met a girl—started shaking up with her. A.J. came sniffing us out and pled his case. They made a deal and she had me go with him, figuring he’d need my help.” With that, the Damned flipped out his switchblade and grinned at his old classmate.

With a fluid motion he brought the knife down and slashed open the palm of his hand. He raised his arm high and grinned maniacally as blood flowed down over the heel of his palm, pooling at the black wristband he wore.

His fingers formed into a fist and he laughed as he began to squeeze blood out and onto the ground of a grave. “Isn’t anyone going to stop him!?!” Carl thundered as he shot into the sky. His body started to illuminate the shadow-cloaked grounds as he summoned bands of light to snare Roland’s wrists and ankles.

It was the moment that the others seemed to come alive: as Carl took to the skies, the Rhino transformed into a white rhinoceros and immediately charged for Solon. Thinking fast, Doctor Howell scooped the magus into one arm and thrust the other out to meet the Dutchman’s charge. As the Rhino lowered his head, Doctor Howell slapped his massive hand down on the horn and pounced up and into the air.

As he and Solon dodged the Rhino’s charge, Adrianna had adopted her feline form and raced to reach the Damned. “Bellsack Cetant,” she said as she summoned a patch of writhing, black tentacles to grope and bind the Damned’s body.

“Too late,” the Damned said with a smile.

The Aurelia did not have time to question him: the ground ripped open and a festering hand grabbed her ankle. Two more jutted from the ground and bound her other leg. As she fought to breakaway, they pulled and threw her off-balance. The instant the sorceress was on her back, more and more limbs were rising up to keep her pinned.

“You summoned them, so you must control them, right?” Carl thundered from the air. “Call them off or I swear I’ll end you!”

Roland chuckled. “I’d like to see you try.”

Carl growled. He had been hoping his bluff would pay off: he was not an extremely violent person and did not believe himself capable of seriously hurting someone with his abilities. Still, as the walking dead emerged on the school grounds, Carl knew that he had to act…

He intended it as a warning shot, thinking that if he evoked enough pain with a searing blast of sunlight, the Damned might rescind his army of undead. Taking careful aim, Carl unleashed a beam and watched as it did little but burn through the emo’s jacket.

“Is that all you have?” the Damned asked. “Seriously?”

While Doctor Howell and Solon continued to dodge the Rhino’s charges, Carl pelted the Damned with another beam of white-hot light. Again, he saw his efforts produce no results: the Damned failed to even wince.

Suddenly Carl recalled the abjurer at the frat house: his magic existed in the realm of wards and protective barriers—the Damned was shielding himself with magic. “Solon!” he cried, flying towards the pair distracted by the Damned’s bodyguard. “I need you to do that thing again!”

As he flew to carry Solon away from Doctor Howell, he watched as the Rhino was blindsided by a beam of light. Following the afterimage to its source, he saw Sergio hurrying down from the school, followed by Gage and Gregaro. Above them, Owen was racing across the sky to join the battle.

Doctor Howell continued to leap and bound his way out of the path of both the Rhino and the undead legions the Damned had animated. Gregaro plunged into them and began throwing punches, dropping one zombie after the next.

“Everyone clear?” Gage asked, standing beside Sergio. The blind boy’s robotic teammate helped to turn him so that he would avoid hitting those in the middle of the scuffle. Once he was clear, Gage unleashed a torrent of electricity from his fingertips that struck several of the Damned’s minions.

Carl and Owen flew over their battle, each with their own respective missions. Owen descended into the midst of the battle, intent to save Adrianna; Carl carried Solon in to dispel any magical wards the Damned might have placed on himself. Doing so not only caused a few of the zombies in their vicinity to fall lifelessly to the ground but also freed the Damned of the Aurelia’s magical bindings.

Carl descended low enough to safely drop Solon on the ground. “Keep doing that!” he insisted. “Keep turning them back into normal corpses and I’ll deal with the guy who summoned them in the first place!”

As Carl raced to confront the Damned, he spotted him near where Owen knelt. “Notice anything?” Carl heard the emo ask. “The undead have no life in them, Owen! They’re one-hundred percent immune to your abilities! Help me. I’m only trying to resurrect heroes who died protecting this world—nothing so heinous! Help me hold your teammates back and I’ll animate a lifeless woman for you to do whatever you want to…”

Carl had to keep from gagging as Owen ripped the clawing paws away from the Aurelia. “You think I’m that shallow?” Owen asked as he scooped the sorceress into his arms. The feline’s eyes were on him as he turned on the necromancer. “I don’t care if I can touch her or not! If she isn’t someone I can talk to—share my life with—love!—then what’s the point?”

Carl raised an arm for the Damned. “Call them off!” he demanded. “Or else!”

“Or else what?” the Damned asked him. “Forgetting how well that worked the last time you threatened me?”

Carl unleashed another blast and watched as it had the same effect as before. His mind tried to wrap around it: the Damned was a Neo-Sapien whose ability allowed him to ignite oxidized blood; he had been trained by the Aurelius to wield arcane energies. Nothing about his Neo-Sapien power suggested this level of endurance and Solon had dispelled the effects of all of the spells just seconds ago.

Carl did not know how the Damned was protecting himself but he realized he was not protected from everything. Carl bound the Damned’s wrists and ankles once more and charged forward.

Helping the Aurelia to stand on her own, Owen watched in confusion as Carl rushed headlong at the Damned. He and his teammate watched as Carl moved to pry open the Damned’s hand.

“Stop it!” the Damned growled. “Stop it or else!”

There was no containing the grin on Carl’s face. “So, I was right,” he said.

“Stop it or I’ll kill her!”

Carl ignored him and pulled the necromancer’s hand open; the knife dropped out and hit the ground. “Give it back!” the Damned thundered as Carl dropped to retrieve the blade. “Give it back!”

“The zombies!” Carl snarled, motioning to the horde still fighting his classmates and headmaster. “Call them off!”

“Look at her!” the Damned ordered, nodding his head towards the Aurelia. Carl turned and saw what the Damned did: the clawing her undead captors had done had drawn blood—crimson matted in her ivory fur. “You give me the knife right now or I’ll cause her to burst into flames!”

“You even think about it and I put this between your ribs!” Carl snarled. “Give it up, Roland! I know you’re invincible somehow but you were able to cut yourself with this! It must be enchanted to get around whatever’s protecting you! You want to make it through this unharmed? Call off the zombies!”

“You don’t have the guts,” the Damned said. Suddenly, the Aurelia screamed and Carl reacted…

Carl thrust the enchanted switchblade into the Damned’s side…
To Be Continued... wrote:A match made in Hell.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

New Vindicators, Chapter 1129

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Chapter XXIX: Knife
She watched as Pandora Filash rocketed across the night sky, leaving a trail of brilliant energy in her wake. The aura of ionized gas she surrounded herself with was channeled through her outstretched arms and projected in a beam she aimed at the legions of undead. Finally, the last of them was finished. Finally, the New Vindicators had bested the Damned’s legions of undead.

She had stood back and watched as more and more of the students and faculty had joined the fight: Owen had been the first to arrive and brought Sergio, Gage and Gregaro with him; Frostbite and Dane were not far behind; Pandora, Razi and Lucas had been the next on the scene, followed by Sam Peterson and Michael McDougall. Before long, the situation had been contained and the students were being ushered back into the school.

Owen Regan was sullen. When his teammate had caught fire, he panicked: if he had tried to put out the fire himself, he might have made contact with her and siphoned whatever strength she needed to endure the burns. In the end, he had stood helplessly back and watched her burn.

It was Solon who saved her: the boy had used his magic to command the ground to swell up and over her like a wave, smothering the flames. He hurried to her side and quickly began to cast a spell to heal her while Owen could only look on in horror.

Owen was not the only one paralyzed in the aftermath of the battle: Carl Hamilton was kneeling beside the Damned’s corpse. Taking a life had obviously shaken him and Doctor Howell abandoned coordinating the cleanup process to console him.

She watched as Doctor Howell led Carl into the school. She watched as Solon transported the Aurelia to the infirmary. She watched as Owen and the Rhino followed somberly into the school and she watched as the faculty moved to begin putting the bodies back into their resting places.

Seeing everything working according to the plan and sensing that enough time had now past, she cast a spell to stop time and moved to kneel beside her lover’s body. Seeing the holes burned into his clothes by Carl’s blasts, she could not help but put her fingers to them gently. “Did he hurt you?” she asked.

The Damned opened his eyes and looked up at her. “The golden apple you gave me bestowed invincibility onto me,” he said. “I haven’t felt pain in months.” The dark-haired woman leaned forward and cradled his head in her arms. “I make others feel it for me,” he said before she pressed her lips to his.

As she pulled away, he craned his neck to keep kissing her. Only when he was sitting up did he allow their embrace to break. “How did I do?” he asked.

“You did amazing, my love,” the woman intoned. “It’s up to the Rhino now.” The Damned leaned in and kissed her neck. “Do you think he will keep up his end of the bargain?” The necromancer kissed her cleavage, exposed through the deep neckline she wore.

“Absolutely,” he said as he pulled back and admired the faint lump showing through the stomach of her robes. He could not help but stroke her belly lovingly. “He wants his friends back—he’ll do as he’s told. He’ll return to Vienna and keep tabs on the Lamperouge boy for us.

“What do we do in the meantime?”

“I believe we shall return to Tartarus,” she said as the couple rose to their feet together, “make passionate love all night.” She nipped at the Damned’s ear. “I can’t imagine spending eternity with anyone else,” she whispered. “I love you.”

The Damned smiled. “I love you, too,” he said.

“Hecate.”
To Be Continued... wrote:Depression Hurts.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

New Vindicators, Chapter 1130

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Chapter XXX: In the Morning of the Magicians
Magnus Loder got out of his car and sneered at the sight that awaited him. East New York was infamous as a hotbed of criminal activity, leading Brooklyn and New York in crime and murder for several years. He could not help but wonder if that was why she lived here—if she had chosen this place specifically for the reputation it held. If anything, it was as close to Hell on Earth as she would find in the five boroughs…

A patrol car from the 75th precinct passed him by—expertly ignoring the group of young, Hispanic men clustered on the front stoop of a dilapidated home. Magnus paid them little mind: given what he was capable of, there was nothing a small group of bangers could do to intimidate him, much less harm him. Instead, he checked the scrap of paper he had written her address on and looked up to the row of houses.

Only when he found what he was looking for did he move: he casually strode across the street, forcing another motorist to slow down, and calmly headed up the front steps of the apartment building.

Inside he hurried up the long, steep staircase and scanned his surroundings. There were only four apartments here—finding hers should not have been a problem. At her door, he knocked softly. When no one answered, he knocked again. When he still failed to have his call answered, Magnus took the initiative. He put his hand on the door and closed his eyes—focused on the metal attached to the door. With nothing more than sheer thought, he felt every lock and realized none of them were in place: the chain merely dangled on the threshold; the deadbolt was drawn back—the door was open for anyone who simply turned the door knob…

He opened the door slowly, unsure of what he would find on the other side. A pair of ratty tennis shoes were lying nearby and a path had been cut through the field of dirty socks from the door, down the hall and into the next room. An empty bottle of apple juice was lying in his path, along with a crumbled up receipt. Unopened mail was scattered along the pathway, like breadcrumbs meant to guide his host back to the door.

A battalion of bugs crawled out of an empty bag of potato chips that was lying at the foot of a heaping garbage bag. The black plastic bulged from the refuse crammed into it but had not been tied shut, let alone taken to the curb. Near it was a bag full of empty soda bottles. Had Magnus cared for the woman who lived her, he would have been alarmed by the sight of crushed cans of Mountain Dew: the carbonate beverage was not something the diabetic could harmlessly consume.

Poking his head in each room yielded similar sights: mounds of dirty clothes, empty cans tossed aside, empty pizza boxes stacked atop each other… Finally, he found his hostess: the blonde was lying face-down on a bare mattress and wearing only a T-shirt and underwear that might have been clean once.

Magnus cleared his throat and she failed to move. He took hold of the box springs with his mind, forced the mattress to rise a few inches into the air, and then dropped it back onto the floor.

Atlanta White began to stir.

Her hair was not in pigtails. From the moment he met her, her hair had seemed perpetually pulled into pigtails. Now, it just hung down over her skull, unwashed and uncombed. As she rolled over onto her back, she pushed the hair out of her eyes to look up at her guest. “What do you want?” she asked, dragging the back of her hand across her mouth to wipe away the drool.

“I need your help.”

Atlanta rolled her eyes. “Ah can’t help anyone,” she grumbled.

Magnus looked around for a place to sit. When his search came up empty, he elected to turn and drop down onto the mattress beside Atlanta. “Adonis paid me a visit,” he said. He looked over his shoulder at the girl lying behind him. He looked to her groin and her smooth, milky-white thighs. His eyes trailed down her legs and back up them, freezing finally on her crotch. For a moment, he considered lying back—kissing her lips, sliding a hand down the front of her panties… Atlanta might have stank—he doubted she had bathed in weeks—but Maria had not put out since welcoming the twins into the world; he would have slept with anyone at this point… willing or otherwise…

“And?”

He looked back at her and fixed her with a confused look. “Y’all said Adonis popped in, then y’started eyein’ me…”

“You, uh… You wanna…?” His body jerked, as if that finished his sentence. “Screw?”

“Go home, Magnus,” Atlanta grumbled as she rolled over onto her side. His eyes took in the sight of her rear and a shiver ran up his spine.

“There’s something going on,” he told her. “You remember those kids Alexa and Cassie found in Patriot Robotics? The boys who put up the force field during the White War? They’re the kids of someone named Autumn and Autumn is supposed to be this secret weapon Patriot Robotics, the Church of Genetic Purity, Black Box… All of them wanna use her to wipe us all out.”

“Wipe y’all out,” Atlanta muttered, failing to turn back over. “D’ja forget who’s immortal?”

“No, but I also didn’t forget who’s a mage. You can teleport, Atlanta. I need someone who can get in and out of places easily to help me.”

“Dave, Anna… the Vindicators got at least two people who do that.”

“I need someone who’s not a Vindicator,” Magnus argued. “They’re too busy.”

At that, Atlanta turned over. She turned over and then she sat up. The southern belle fixed Magnus Loder with a suspicious look. “The Vindicators are too busy to help y’all find Black Box’s secret weapon for killing them?”

Magnus rose up from the mattress. “Coming here was a waste of time,” he growled. “You can’t even help yourself—how were you supposed to help me?”

“Screw yourself,” Atlanta snapped as she shifted to kneel on the mattress. Magnus turned and took in the sight of his old classmate glaring at him. “You don’t know a thing about what Ah’m feelin’ inside!”

“I don’t? I’m a prick, Atlanta—not a retard. I think you’re hurting because of what happened the night Deimos attacked. Hell, I can ever understand it: you woke up, covered in his love juice, lying next to your boyfriend’s dead body. I think you’re forgetting that you weren’t the only one who lost someone that night, you stupid, selfish bitch! I lost someone important to me too! I lost me! Do you know what that’s like? Huh!?! Do you know what it’s like to watch yourself get killed!?! I mean, I know you tried killing yourself a few times that first week after Deimos’ attack but… Hell, I don’t know if you did it in front of a mirror or not…

“Look, my point is… you thought of Michael as your better half, right? Yeah, the guy was worthless in a fight—he got his ass kicked more times than Deimos, I think—but you still thought of him as everything you weren’t, am I right? He was a part of you and now he’s gone and you’re confused and angry and hurting. Is that what it’s like, Atlanta? Is that what you’re feeling inside?”

Atlanta did not answer him; she could not even bring herself to look at him. Now, Atlanta White merely knelt on her mattress, making herself look at the ground and tried to hide behind her arms.

“And I think you’re being stupid. Potato chips? Soda? You’re immortal but you’re also diabetic, right? What, you can’t die so you’re trying to put yourself into a diabetic coma? You can’t deal with the pain so you give up?

“Good luck with quitting,” Magnus said as he made his way out of the room and down the hall. “Me? I’m going to deal with all the hurt by doing what my other half would have done: I’m going to find this weapon and make damn sure these sons of bitches can’t use it to make me have to bury anyone else I care about.”

Magnus closed the door behind him and then leaned against the wall beside it. Patience was not one of his virtues but he forced himself to practice it now: he was determined to give Atlanta all the time she needed to get dressed and follow him.

When minutes passed and her door did not open again, Magnus was confused. He was sure that his words would have raised her to action; that she had not come hurrying after him, announcing her intent to help him in any way she could, only perplexed the man.

Shaking his head, Magnus opened her door once more and made his way back down the littered hallway. He navigated the small, one-bedroom apartment devoid of furniture for the place where he had left Atlanta.

She was gone.

Magnus tarried in the apartment paid for by her mother’s inheritance. Atlanta White was nowhere to be found. Ultimately, the goateed man was forced to admit to himself that he had spurred the Georgian to action—just not managed to enlist her in his private war.

With a heavy sigh, Magnus reached into his pocket and took out the piece of paper where he had written Atlanta’s address. Beneath it was another address—the address of the other person he believed could help him. There was no question that she could help him, the only doubt he had was would she help him?

“Guess I’m headed for Oregon,” Magnus grumbled as he, again, made his way for Atlanta’s door…
To Be Continued... wrote:The Vienna Protocols.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

New Vindicators, Chapter 1131

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:10 pm

NEW VINDICATORS #104: Father and Son

Chapter XXXI: Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got a Lovely Daughter
Doctor Cheryl Colbenson was not having a good week. It began when her father, General Arthur Colbenson, had been visited in the middle of the night by a group of Neo-Sapiens who had somehow erased all of Black Box’s record of their existence. It was a revelation she had made while visiting her father in the hospital; the man had been admitted following the attack—unharmed physically but unable to remember anything about the encounter.

It was there—just outside of his room—that she had been abducted by another group of Neo-Sapiens. Kurenai Kage, the Crimson Shadow, was an organization based in Japan but composed of a plethora of nationalities. They were assassins who specialized in super-powered targets and they had been hired to abduct the woman and transport her to Vienna to meet with her mother.

When their conversation became heated, the elder woman dismissed her daughter: Kurenai Kage’s agents took her once again and transported her back to America—back to the hospital she had been taken from. Within the hour she had been picked up by her more loyal foot soldiers and returned to one of their few remaining bases…

The blonde woman navigated the labyrinthine halls and stormed through the double doors that dared to stand between her and the command center. Here, her technicians monitored news agencies for any sign of Neo-Sapien activity; family trees of known Neo-Sapiens were mapped in search of latent superhumans; emails were exchanged with senators and congressmen in the hopes of securing legislation that would grant Black Box authority over SPBs… Once upon a time, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066, relocating Americans of Japanese, Italian and German descent to internment camps. Black Box strove for nothing less than a similar solution to what they had begun calling the Neo-Sapien Situation, but their higher-ups had ambitions that went beyond that…

Doctor Cheryl Colbenson’s agenda stopped at nothing short but the annihilation of every super-powered being on the planet.

It went without saying that she took it as a great insult that her mother—a woman who administered a school for teenage Neo-Sapiens—had hired Neo-Sapiens to abduct her. Though she regularly interacted with Phase and Tinnitus—utilizing Neo-Sapiens in the war against Neo-Sapiens was a necessary evil to Black Box’s director—the thought of having been abducted by them and taken to a nest of their broodlings was an unforgiveable offense.

“Mother wants to send her hounds after me?” she snarled. “I’ll return the favor. We have three agents at her school—it’s time to activate them!

“Make the calls!”

Phase turned from the woman and looked at one of the men seated near them. “Activate the Vienna Protocol,” he said apathetically. “Password: fiduciary.” The man nodded in compliance and brought up the prompt screen on his monitor. “Activate number seventy-five.”

The man dialed a phone number and when he heard the line pick up, calmly said, “Blue Tarrington Viceroy Fourteen.”

“Tell him to bring me Doctor Fischer,” Doctor Colbenson growled.

The man repeated the woman’s order into the phone before hanging up.

“Activate number seventy-six,” Phase said.

“Trombone Purple Hobart Fifty-eight. Bring Doctor Fischer to Mechanicsville, Maryland.”

“Activate number one-hundred and sixteen,” Phase commanded once the technician hung up on their second agent.

“Calculator Thorpdale Green Sixty-five,” the man intoned before providing the location of their base.

When it was finished, he looked to Phase who nodded. The Neo-Sapien looked to Doctor Fischer and watched as she grinned maniacally at the screen before her. There, displayed on the monitors, were the profile pictures of the three men they had planted inside of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe. “It’s time to show you how it feels, mother,” Doctor Colbenson growled.

“It’s time to show you just who you’re toying with.”
To Be Continued... wrote:Observations.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

New Vindicators, Chapter 1132

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Chapter XXXII: The Only Living Boy in New York
Sergio Leone sat in his seat aboard the Blackjack staring out the window. The other nine students accompanying him were growing restless: “I don’t understand why they just didn’t ask me to teleport us all there!” Solon was loudly declaring once again. Though he pretended to be engaging Carl in conversation, everyone knew that the pronouncement was for the headmaster’s benefit and no one else’s.

Besides, ever since their battle with the Damned, Carl had not been so talkative. His hand had been the one to end the necromancer’s life; he had killed. He had been trying to defend the Aurelia and stop legions of undead from tearing his friends limb-from-limb, but he had killed a boy his own age.

Unless Sergio missed his guess, this was why they had been included on this field trip: Doctor Howell had invited eleven of his charges for this trip—ten of which had accepted. Every student who had worked with the Aurelia and Wilt to uncover the truth behind the outbreak of magic-wielders had been invited and the five sophomores that had been locked in the Wreck Room by Jude Bellows had been invited: Pandora Filash, Razi Lumanta, Lloyd Hilton, John Titus and the boy who now simply went by Lucas were seated on the other side of the plane.

In the end, only Raanan Lumanta had declined the offer to join them. He had given several excuses: he did not care much for being around his sister, he had too much homework… In the end, no one believed a word he said but they were still equally thankful he had declined to join them.

Still, the two closest to him appeared to be unable to enjoy the time away from him in the way the others were. Razi Lumanta was curled in the fetal position, trembling over every bump the plane hit. “There’s no way they filed a flight plan,” she muttered. “If anyone knew we were here, they’d try and shoot us down. They didn’t file a flight plan—what if another plane crashes into us like the Tenerife disaster?”

“Well, accidents do tend to happen,” Lloyd said while wearing a mischievous smile.

Razi’s eyes bulged. “Gage, is anything wrong with the plane?”

“That you know of,” the blind boy muttered. As impossible as it seemed, he was more uncomfortable than Razi; Gage normally employed his electric abilities to sense what was around him but here—inside a giant conductor and surrounded by numerous people incapable of absorbing electricity—he was willing himself to not use his abilities.

Meanwhile, Pandora and John seemed bored; Gregaro appeared agitated by something; aside from Lucas—whose nose was buried in a book—Sergio was the only one who seemed at peace. “Are wezers there yet?” The question tore the senior away from watching the Blackjack’s wings shred through the clouds and summoned his attention towards the front of the plane, where their chaperones sat.

“What about Weezer?” asked Mister Altair. The man was busy feeding his son while his wife read a storybook to their daughters.

“They suck,” grumbled Miss Bedford.

“It isn’t as though you have such better taste in music,” Doctor Howell intoned as he cycled through the Nephilim’s iPod. “Gwen Stefani, Kelly Clarkson, Rhianna… Your iPod decants estrogen, Miss Bedford…”

“At least I believe in variety…”

“I believe in variety,” corrected the headmaster. “I have songs with Brian Jones on guitar and some where Mick Taylor provides strings; on other songs I have Ronnie Wood’s mastery pounding in my ears.”

“You have problems…”

“Says the girl who gave Gwen Stefani’s ‘Hollaback Girl’ five stars? That, my dear, is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S, bananas.” Chienne reached over and took her iPod back from the headmaster. “I especially love how highly you esteem Destiny Child’s ‘Bootylicious’. Tell me, is it because you loved Stevie Nick’s ‘Edge of Seventeen’ or is it that the lyrics really speak to you?”

Sergio tried to shake off the faculty’s banter and return to gazing idly out the window but something caught his eye: he saw A.J. Tharivol—the catalyst behind this field trip—reach across the aisle and stroke his fingertip down Adrianna Covington’s arm. “You okay?” he asked softly.

The girl seemed just as sullen as Carl had. “I’m fine,” she muttered weakly.

“Nervous?” the Dutchman asked. “First time flier?”

As she repeated herself, her teammate silently excused himself: Owen Reagan took off his seat belt and rose to his feet.

Sergio pitied the man. When he was not in class, the senior was often planted in front of a television, watching hours and hours of whatever was on. By this point, he had seen enough sitcoms to know sexual tension when he saw it. Tony and Angela, Sam and Diane, Ross and Rachel, J.D. and Eliot—when Sergio looked at Owen and Adrianna, he only saw another will they or won’t they couple. He knew how it always worked out on television: why could they not see how things would inevitably work out?

Why did they bother fighting what every television sitcom dictated was bound to happen?

Sergio followed Owen into the back of the ship where he dug into a small locker for a bottle of water. As he made his way back to his seat—on the sorceress’ other side—his gaze lingered on her and on the longing look their guest gave her. Without a word, he took his seat, unscrewed the cap off his bottle and took a swig.
Sergio could only shake his head at the man’s actions. Before he could give it any more thought, Doctor Howell dispelled any such ruminations: looking behind his seat, he called back to his charges and their chaperones, “Everyone, I invite you to gaze at the majesty of the Danube!”

“We’re here,” the headmaster intoned as he turned back to face the front. “Welcome to Vienna…”
To Be Continued... wrote:NVAE.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS: Seven New Chapters

Post by Arkrite » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Let the fireworks begin ;~)

Thrincold
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Thrincold » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Has the European Academy instituted some sort of extra security for when the US school visits? You'd think with the history there they'd go on full alert the moment they were notified that there was to be a visit.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:47 am

So the Damned and a figure whose an ancient goddess of necromancy want to keep tabs on Jason? That can't be good.

Does anyone care to guess on who the three agents of Black Box in the school might be?

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:53 am

Lots of options really...

If they're people who were caught by Black Box it'd possibly be Jack and Doug, though they had to be rescued and it doesn't seem to me the evil director would let an entire camp escape to put some agents into the Vindcators school...

So... Making an assumption these are blackbox brainwashed agents... Lex, Sarah and Eve. They're all from the US and all escaped under their own powers, or at least they did so far as they know.
I'd throw in Jason as one of them but for some reason it doesn't seem right for him to be one.
Which of course just gives him even more of a reason to be one, I suppose ;~)

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:08 am

Well, its not Sarah and Eve, cause they're three men. But there are others who were caught by Black Box too, I think. Teachers, maybe? I know Carmichael was in a Black Box camp too-he's the bio teacher, and he can control bugs. Actually, given some other stuff I've read here and there, I'd say Carmichael is definitely one of them.

Course, its important to note that NV 104 takes place after at least one faculty member that I know of has died, it stands to reason the other two could be new characters (faculty or students) that we haven't met yet. The narrative is now like half a year ahead of the NVAE game.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:50 pm

Thrincold wrote:Has the European Academy instituted some sort of extra security for when the US school visits? You'd think with the history there they'd go on full alert the moment they were notified that there was to be a visit.
Given the things the NVAE has been through already, it's fairly safe to say that they answer a knock on the door with a shotgun through the mail slot and a firm, "WHO ARE YOU!?! WHAT DO YOU WANT!?!" If anyone begins their morning at the Vienna school fearing an attack from anyone, anywhere at any moment, then I have not done my job. ;)
Arthur Eld wrote:So the Damned and a figure whose an ancient goddess of necromancy want to keep tabs on Jason? That can't be good.
Hopefully, forthcoming chapters might give some explanation as to why...
Arkrite wrote:If they're people who were caught by Black Box it'd possibly be Jack and Doug, though they had to be rescued and it doesn't seem to me the evil director would let an entire camp escape to put some agents into the Vindcators school...
Unless everyone ever caught by Black Box has this sort of thing going on... in which case, the American school needs to start being a lot nicer to Christmas Clark...
Arthur Eld wrote:I know Carmichael was in a Black Box camp too-he's the bio teacher, and he can control bugs. Actually, given some other stuff I've read here and there, I'd say Carmichael is definitely one of them.
Michuru81 wrote:GREYSTONE
During the banquet, one of the teachers approaches you. He is tall and lanky and has wavy black hair parted down the middle. “You probably don’t remember me,” he says, “but I remember you.” By his accent, you estimate he’s an American. “My name is Levi Carmichael,” he says as he proceeds to roll up the sleeve of his right arm. “I teach biology here…”

On his forearm, the numbers 00076 are burned into his flesh. “You were in the line ahead of me… in Peoria.”
Michuru81 wrote:Chapter XXXI: Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got a Lovely Daughter

“Trombone Purple Hobart Fifty-eight. Bring Doctor Fischer to Mechanicsville, Maryland.”
Levi Carmichael was a prisoner in Peoria who received the numbers 00076 burned into his arm and one of the three agents Phase commanded Nameless Guy to activate was #76. Coincidence or just me messing with people? The world may never know...
Michuru81 wrote:Course, its important to note that NV 104 takes place after at least one faculty member that I know of has died, it stands to reason the other two could be new characters (faculty or students) that we haven't met yet. The narrative is now like half a year ahead of the NVAE game.
Originally, I had planned for Doctor Zachary Jenkins to leave the American school, claiming it's too hard to be in the place his son pretty much went to die. Of course, as Drew was in the school files Black Box took, they presumed Doctor Jenkins was the father of a Neo-Sapien and theorized that he could be one himself. As Doctor Meinstein has a hand in Black Box, Doctor Jenkins can't go back to his old life so... why not ship him off to Vienna, right?

Well, for starters, I didn't want a character who could do everything. Doctor Howell is a medical doctor with little experience in surgery--it's all book smarts. Doctor Jenkins is an engineer, meaning he builds stuff. Dane, meanwhile, is a smart guy who--while not in Doctor Howell or Jenkins' league--manages to get by with what he's picked up. I like the idea of building a science team at the NVA. I had considered using Bethany Hart (Bio's mom was established early on as a cardiologist) but her healing powers would be too much of a deus ex machina at times (not that Solon isn't at the moment, but still...).

My point is, I've had a few ideas for what to do about filling Quintessence's seat (take that how you wish) and still have nothing. On the plus side, like you said: the narrative is a lot father ahead.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

New Vindicators, Chapter 1133

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Chapter XXXIII: Teach Your Children
As the Blackjack taxied down the tarmac, Ben’s eyes found a fleet of limousines awaiting their arrival. A smile touched his face: he had never ridden in a limo before. Only once in his high school career had he found himself in possession of a girlfriend but when his senior prom rolled around, he elected to stay at Katie Merrick’s bedside.

The thought of riding in such a carriage excited Ben. Glancing back at his charges, he realized that the novelty was wasted on at least two of them: Gage and Razi were simply glad to be back on the ground.

It was his intention to exit the plane last, as he and his wife had more luggage than anyone else. They had their suitcase and their children’s suitcase, a diaper bag, a toy bag, a stroller and an umbrella playpen to lug around.

“Broer!” The cry carried up the stairs and into the hull of the plane. Ben looked down and smiled at the sight of Johnny Tharivol erupting from the lead car and charging towards his eldest brother. As the students filed out he watched as Doctor Talley stepped out of the limo and paused long enough to embrace Doctor Howell lovingly before hurrying to hug the prodigal son. Lastly, her middle son, Mario, exited the limo and leaned against it. Looking at him, it was obvious he too wanted to run and hug the Dutchman but also wanted to look cool and stoic.

By the time Ben and Alicia had their own children off of the plane, Doctor Talley was finally beginning to pull away from the eldest Tharivol boy. “I’m sorry,” she said, wiping a tear out of her eye, “I’m forgetting my manners. Welcome to Vienna. I’m Doctor Talley and I’ll be taking you all back to the school.”

She briefly greeted each of the chaperones in turn. In her brief period in America, she had come to know each of them. She smiled sweetly at the youngest Altair and tickled him under his chin.

It was not long after that Doctor Howell and the Tharivol family climbed into the first limo with A.J. insisting Adrianna ride with them; Miss Bedford volunteered to ride with the sophomores while a disgruntled Owen Reagan joined the seniors. Ben and his family occupied the last car by themselves; as the limousine wound its way through Vienna, Ben found himself distracted from his fatherly duties and entranced by the sheer majesty of the city.

As they smoothly glided into UNO City and onto the grounds of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe, he found himself anxious for tomorrow. According to their itinerary, today would be a day to rest following their journey overseas. Tomorrow, and for the three days that followed, the students and their chaperones would be attached to the classes and accompanying them on a field trip each day.

When their car arrived, they found the Tharivols whisking Doctor Howell and Adrianna away. Ben’s gaze followed their retreating backs through the main entrance and then froze on the figure leaning against the wall nearby.

In the two years he had known him, Ben had never seen Tyson Noble outside of his hoodie and track pants. Now, he watched as a man baring some resemblance to the chav, but wearing a button-down shirt tucked into his trousers. A neck tie was held in place against the autumn breeze by a golden tie clip. The only evidence that this was the same man who had taken Ben out for his first taste of beer and complained incessantly about Magnus’ bachelor party were the immaculate sneakers he wore.

It was enough to make Ben erupt with laughter. “Sorry,” the American said, reining the outburst in, “it’s just that I’ve never seen you dressed so… nice.”

“Wanna make sommin’ of it?” Tyson asked as he stomped out his cigarette. “I ‘aveta wear an uncle and Peckham at Fudd.” He shrugged. “At least I get t’wear m’Claires.”

Ben knew that none of the students would have understood what their host had just said—likely, none of their chaperones would comprehend him either. Ben simply laughed and turned to face his fellow North Americans. “Everyone, this is Mister Noble. He used to be a student here—he’s helped us out back home more times that I can count. He may be hard to understand but he’s a good guy…”

Tyson caught a tangential glance at the other chaperones and smiled at the sight of Missus Altair pushing a stroller wide enough to accommodate all three of the Altair children. “What’s even ‘arder to understand is ‘ow a Muppet like you ever got y’pier wet…”

“Pier?” Alicia asked, unfamiliar with the intricacies of Cockney rhyming slang.

Tyson grinned slyly at her. “Pier’s another word for dock and dock rhymes with-”

Ben cut him off with a quick, “So, what’s Evan up to?”

At that, their host perked up. “Probably teachin’ bottle,” he said. “C’mon! Let’s go pop in!”

Suddenly, Ben appeared alarmed. “Teaching? I don’t wanna disturb his class, Tyson…” Tyson could not be swayed though; an unstoppable force, the Cockney man led the visitors into the school and through the halls of the ground level. Eventually, he came to a stop at a door and opened it as quietly as he could.

From the hall, Ben could see a classroom full of students seated with their backs to them. At the front of the room was Evan Bradley, Tyson Noble’s partner-in-crime. The two had been best friends, ever since their first day at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe. They were seldom apart: their senior year, they had courted the Bennett twins. Following their graduation, they had come overseas together and worked alongside Ben and his fellow alumni from the American institution.

It was a friendship that made little sense to anyone as the two could not have been more different. Tyson, as Ben understood it, had been a delinquent while Evan had abided the rules. Tyson had procrastinated his school work while Evan was studious. One was brash, crude and offensive while the other was reserved, modest and respectful. Even their abilities were as different as night and day: Tyson’s were primarily defensive while Evan’s were destructive.

Still, Ben counted both of them amongst his closest friends. They were some of the very few people that he could trust with anything.

“Copernicus,” Evan said, “came forward in the 1500’s with this radical new thought: the planets revolved around the sun! His theory, the Heliocentric theory, was based on a crude telescope he developed and as such… was discarded.

“His ideas were picked up though by a mathematician named Kepler. The guy was a thief—he stole everything from Tycho Brahe. Still, like Copernicus before him, he was viewed as a quack and pretty much was ignored.

“After him came Galileo who invented a much better telescope. He vindicated Copernicus’ thought process but the church threatened him with his family and told him to recant. He gave in and… ashamed of himself, turned his back on science.

“It wasn’t until close to the 1700’s that someone finally proved Copernicus’ theories correct: Isaac Newton penned the Principia Mathematica which proved—without room for argument—that natural laws, not faith, govern the universe.

“Historically, only one other man ever expanded Newton’s discoveries: in the twentieth-century Albert Einstein took Newton further. We’re only now beginning to tweak Einstein’s mental evolution with chaos theory. Think about it: if an experiment works ninety-nine out of one hundred times, then what happened to that one-hundredth time?

“Remember that there is always room for error: part of being alive—being human!—means accepting that sometimes… mistakes happen.” Evan looked up and smiled at the sight of the group congesting the hall outside his room. “I’m sorry, class, but we’re going to adjourn early today. We have some very special guests with us…” With a wave, the Englishman motioned to the small group waiting at the door. “These are our guests from our sister school in the States.”

“Sorry t’interrupt,” Tyson said, “but the seppo’s reverends are off ‘avin’ a puss wif the ‘ays and the cowboy wanted to see you. The Muppet wouldn’t take no fer an answer!”

“I tried to stop you!” Ben barked. “Like usual, you just pushed on and did what you’d set your mind on doing!”

“That doesn’t sound like me.”

“That sounds exactly like you,” Evan muttered.

Tyson sighed. “Fine, you got me: I was set on comin’ ‘ere… Mostly, ‘cause I needed Ev’s kids. See, we got this tradition here called the Sophomore Blitz…”

“Oh, hell no!” one of the students thundered. The junior wore a shaggy mane of dark-brown hair; his lithe frame was stuffed into a well-worn bomber jacket, a faded black shirt and sneakers as ratty as his jeans. Around his wrist was a bracelet made of bullets; though he was sitting down, Ben guessed that he was wearing a belt buckle fashioned after Superman’s iconic logo.

He had only met the boy once and only briefly, but he felt like he knew him well… A few months back, Ben had been shown a reality that could have been. In that future, this boy—Lex Murphy—had become a villain known as Avenger. He had been driven mad by his own personal code of justice and the loss of loved ones. While Ben knew that his daughter’s role in the alternate future was prevented by simply giving her the love a child was due from the father, he realized that this boy’s destiny was still on that course. Even though it would be Margaret’s group—the new incarnation of the Order of Chaos—that would kill Kirstie and give use to Avenger, that was a role almost any madman could play…

“What the hell is it with this place and its mad-on for violence?” Lex asked. “I mean, is that really how you’re going to teach us to foster good will and forge relationships? ‘I want to introduce you to this guy, now shake hands and try to kill each other’? Plus, the Sophomore Blitz worked out so well last year, I’m astonished it wasn’t abolished! Wait, don’t tell me: you were disappointed that Ripper didn’t carry through with his threat to tear out Tatjana’s jugular and hoped Doug might do it to Beatrice, right?”

It was so strange to hear those words come from this boy. In the alternate future Ben had viewed, Lex Murphy was a man driven to slay those he deemed wicked. To hear him openly preach against violence was strange. Nevertheless, Ben shook off his wonder and sought to better understand what was happening in the now: “What’s the Sophomore Blitz?” Ben asked the youth.

“It’s a barbaric ritual where the new school year is kicked off by having the sophomores try to kill each other,” Lex explained. He narrowed his eyes on Tyson. “You don’t have to be Jason to see where this is going: you want us to fight them, don’t you?”

“Would you?” the Brit asked, flashing Lex a friendly smile.

“No chance in-”

“Count me in.”

All eyes save Lex’s swiveled to the tattooed boy sitting in the back. Lex simply rolled his eyes and muttered “There’s a surprise” under his breath.

“After all the trouble Forecast gave us?” Ben was just as stunned to see another cast member from that possible future here as he was to hear that they had been dealing with one of his wayward classmates. “She was from the American school,” Jack Rexroth said. “We might have done better against her if we’d known what she was really capable of.”

“More than that,” said another American transplanted in Vienna. Ben recognized him too: he was Jason Lamperouge, the engineer behind the nightmare he had seen the next general of Vindicators forced to fight against. On some level, the thought of this boy one day becoming Senator Lamperouge was more terrifying to Ben than Lex becoming Avenger. “Consider the joint efforts of all three teams of Vindicators in Chicago months back. It could be beneficial for both sides to know how we fight. It promotes teamwork.”

“It discourages it,” Lex growled. “Say what you want, Jay but this whole thing is just an accident waiting to happen. You and Ripper wanna butt heads with them, go right ahead. Just don’t hold your breath expecting me to jump in here.”

“So, whaddaya say?” Tyson asked, looking to the American students. “Who’s up for tryin’ their ‘ands against our best and brightest?”
To Be Continued... wrote:Codenames.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:I know Carmichael was in a Black Box camp too-he's the bio teacher, and he can control bugs. Actually, given some other stuff I've read here and there, I'd say Carmichael is definitely one of them.
Michuru81 wrote:GREYSTONE
During the banquet, one of the teachers approaches you. He is tall and lanky and has wavy black hair parted down the middle. “You probably don’t remember me,” he says, “but I remember you.” By his accent, you estimate he’s an American. “My name is Levi Carmichael,” he says as he proceeds to roll up the sleeve of his right arm. “I teach biology here…”

On his forearm, the numbers 00076 are burned into his flesh. “You were in the line ahead of me… in Peoria.”
Michuru81 wrote:Chapter XXXI: Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got a Lovely Daughter

Levi Carmichael was a prisoner in Peoria who received the numbers 00076 burned into his arm and one of the three agents Phase commanded Nameless Guy to activate was #76. Coincidence or just me messing with people? The world may never know....
Actually, that wasn't what I alluded to-I'd completely missed the Black Box numbers-which I will now be looking into more closely. There's something else you posted about Dell that made the connection very clear to me.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Post by McGuffin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:46 am

You know, it occurred to me that Black Box also activated number 75 and according to Carmichael who has the number 76 branded onto him Jack was in front of him in the line in Peoria. I don't know, maybe Black Box just brainwashed everyone they brought in and left a trigger for activation in their heads. If I followed along that line of logic I suppose my guesses for the Black Box sleeper agents would be Carmichael, Jack and Doug.

Incidentally, I think there's precedence in the narrative somewhere, although I can't remember where, but I'm now officially wary of anyone with a name like Levi. Mostly because it was an alias used by Leviathan in the background of one of the Nephilim.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Vlad'll fight the Americans!

Wait...I think Michuru has already hinted at killing Vlad off. Drat!

Kas'll fight them then! I mean sure, he's kind of a peacenik and all, but he can get down and dirty when required.

As for the identities of the two other Black Box sleeper agents....umm...I got nothin'. Doug would seem to make sense, but honestly, powers or not Dr. Fischer could probably school him in a fight.