Tattooverse 2.5: WOF builds

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Pixie build #1056

Post by Tattooedman »

Pixie:
PL:
Str 14 (+2) Dex 20 (+5) Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 10 (+0)

Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Disable Device 7 (+7), Escape Artist 7 (+12), Language [Japanese], Notice 10 (+10), Sense Motive 8 (+8.), Stealth 8 (+13/+21)

Feats: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus [Melee] 4, Dodge Focus 4, Defensive Roll 3, Defensive Attack, Equipment, Follow-Up Strike, Improved Block 2, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Disarm 2, Improved Trip, Stunning Attack, Power Attack, Unbalancing Strike, Weapon Bind

Powers: Shrinking 8 [Tiny size] (Extra: Normal Strength)

Device [Pixie Stick] 2 [easy to lose]
--Feature 1 [alters size to match Pixie's]
--Strike 6 (Power Feats: Extended Range 2, Improved Critical, Mighty)

Martial Training:
Strike 4 (Power Feat: Improved Critical 2, Mighty)

Saves: Toughness +6*/+3**/+1 [*Uniform & Defensive Roll/**Uniform]
Fort +6
Ref +12
Will +6

Combat: Attack +4/+8 (Melee) [+2 when shrunk]
Damage +2 (Unarmed)/+6 (Martial Strikes; critical 18-20)/+8 (Pixie Stick; critical 19-20)
Defense +10 (+3 flat-footed) [+2 when shrunk]
Initiative +9

Equipment: Claremont Uniform [+2 Toughness; Subtle; GPS; Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat)]

Costs: Attributes 16+ Skills 12+ Feats 27+ Powers 30+ Saves 18+ Combat 20= 123 pts.

Height: 5’ 2”
Weight: 97 lbs
Eye Color: Brown
Hair: Black (died a bright blue)

Complications:
Jaded: Because of how Leiko was raised (by her assassin father who was training her to follow in the family business) she isn’t phased at all by any kind of violence and even seems to enjoy hurting people during fights (going as far as to giggle like a school girl as she cracks someone upside the head).

The ‘Creepy Friend’: Somehow Leiko has developed an unhealthy obsession with Deidre Pawlowski (the Crush) and is hopelessly devoted to the other girl. Leiko will do anything Deidre asks of her without hesitation to prove her dedication to her ‘friend’.

Background: When Yoshi Mingei’s daughter was born all he saw was a means to increasing his status within his clan. Yoshi was an assassin for the Yakuza who also had the ability to shrink down to under an inch in size, a handy skill for one whose sole job was to sneak into places undetected.

Yoshi hoped that his daughter, Leiko, would inherit his power and as soon as the girl was able to walk he began to train her in martial arts. By the time Leiko was ten she was able to dispatch an adult with little effort and could break into almost anywhere she was told to, the only problem was that Leiko had been raised in such a way that killing people didn’t bother her in any way. Yoshi Mingei had turned his daughter into a borderline psychopath, a person without any emotional connection to the world around her who lashed out in an almost lethal manner to any perceived insults or slights.

Eventually Yoshi Mingei’s life came to an end when he tried to leave the Yakuza and Leiko was brought more into the organization by his superiors where she lived a very comfortable life. Spoiled by her handlers as she romanticized her lifestyle her skills afforded her. She had no problem committing burglaries or other violent crimes and only cared if she was rewarded with more spoils. Finally though authorities managed to capture Leiko’s handlers while the fourteen year old slipped away and smuggled herself to America aboard a jet (easily done with her ability to take on a diminutive size). There are those in the higher ranks of the Yakuza who believe that Leiko had been behind her handler’s capture and have made their agents abroad aware of the girl and that they are very interested in regaining her employment.

It’s not known how Leiko came to Claremont, it’s a subject she will not speak about but she’s fallen in with the ‘it girl’ clique that includes the likes of Daisy Gibons and Deidre Pawlowksi, both of whom recognize Leiko’s stealth skills as the boon they are for spying on the other students. Plus in a pinch Leiko’s martial skills can fill in as would-be enforcer if Betsy isn’t around for some reason.

For the most part though Leiko is content to go to class, enjoy the company of her ‘friends’ and indulge in her interest of Kowaii.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Wallflower build #1057

Post by Tattooedman »

Wallflower:
PL:
Str 8 (-1) Dex 14 (+2) Con 10 (+0) Int 22 (+6) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 12 (+1)

Skills: Computers 8 (+14), Craft [Electronic] 10 (+16), Craft [Mechanical] 10 (+16), Knowledge [Pop Culture] 4 (+10), Knowledge [Technology] 12 (+18.), Notice 6 (+8.), Stealth 6 (+8.)

Feats: Attack Spec. [Gadgets] 2, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 4, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 2, Inventor, Speed of Thought, Teamwork 2

Powers: Gadget Bag: Gadgets 6 [easy to lose]

Device [Phase Belt] 5 [hard to lose]
--Insubstantial 4 (Extra: Affects Corporeal)
--Flight 1 (Flaw: Limited [levitation only])

Saves: Toughness +4*/+2** [*Uniform & Defensive Roll/**Uniform]
Fort +3
Ref +3
Will +8

Combat: Attack +2/+6 (Gadgets)
Damage [varies]
Defense +8 (+2 flat-footed)
Initiative +6

Drawbacks: Disability [nearsighted; glasses remove drawback] (-1 pt)

Equipment: Custom PDA [combines a cell phone with a laptop]
Masterwork Tools
Unifrom [+2 Toughness; Subtle; Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat)]

Costs: Attributes 20+ Skills 14+ Feats 13+ Powers 56+ Saves 10+ Combat 12- Drawbacks 1= 124 pts.

Height: 5’ 2”
Weight: 103 lbs
Hair: Black

Complications:
Always the fool: Shayla has a habit of developing secret crushes on different boys, though she’s never had the nerve to approach one of them (yet). This is something that the other girls will tease her about when they discover who her latest love interest is.

Finally in the Club: Shayla has been teased for most of her life due to her higher than average intelligence and now that she’s managed to work her way into a group of people that seem to accept and appreciate her she’ll fight kicking and screaming to stay in their good graces.

Time Management: Shayla is always working on something, be it her pet project of Boy Toy or tweaking her belt or working on something that Daisy or Deidre has asked for. She’ll always be found with her nose in a tech manual or tinkering with some piece of equipment that’s caught her fancy. As a result Shayla comes across as a bit distracted most of the time.

Background: Shayla Bingham was a gifted wunderkind at the age of 10, having an intelligence that rivaled adults that were considered to be geniuses and suffering socially for it. She was offered a chance to attend Claremont since normal school wasn’t anywhere near challenging enough for her and the idea of sending such a young child to college was only asking for trouble.

For Shayla the idea of going to a place where she wouldn’t be the subject of teasing and pranks because of her intellect was a dream come true. What she doesn’t fully realize is that she’s fallen in with the people she didn’t like at her last few schools (though now she’s starting to put the pieces together). Deidre Pawlowksi immediately recognized Shayla’s intelligence for what it was and played on her want of friends to get the super smart girl under her thumb.

Shayla has excelled at Claremont, given chances to study high levels of technology and experiment with it she’s devised her Phase belt and the items that fill her gadget bag. She’s often times found in the company of Deidre or Daisy Gibbons, doing the parts of their homework they don’t want to bother with (or are too cool to do) or working on some device they’ve dreamed up when on left to her own devices.

One side project that nobody knows about is Shayla’s attempt to create an A.I. in a fully functioning humanoid body. Boy Toy, as she calls him (never it), is almost finished at this point with Shayla working on developing a fully functional emotional response chip for him. How much longer she can keep him a secret is not known, especially at a place like Claremont where there are students who can walk through walls and shrink down to the size where doors aren’t a problem.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Tattooverse 2.5: WildC.A.T.s & More FC builds

Post by ClassDunce »

Jawbreaker looks pretty fierce, I really wouldn't want to mess with her.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

I will say, the decision to make the Clique more of a hero-high group of villains is a pretty good one, T-Man. They fit right in with the setting, especially in their attitudes-even as adult they're more like kids.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman »

Which was on of the main reasons I put them into Claremont like I did.

Well, that and the fact that I was kinda in need of some more problem children there. I didn't feel like the listed ones would be enough of a challenge so in came the Clique and honestly it mostly wrote itself from that point.

-- Chiun

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

Yeah, that's true. Although I always liked the Shadow Academy as natural foes for the Claremont kids. A lot of the antagonists from Hero High itself are more minor annoyances than real villains.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero »

Ha! I like the way things are shaping up. Instead of constant knock-down, drag out fights with evildoers...we'll have high school drama. That's cool, because the "good-guys" and "bad-guys" can shift depending on who's getting the atomic wedgie. 8)

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock »

Any chance you can list ages or school year for the students? School hierarchy is greatly dependent on what year you're in.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman »

Arthur Eld wrote:Yeah, that's true. Although I always liked the Shadow Academy as natural foes for the Claremont kids. A lot of the antagonists from Hero High itself are more minor annoyances than real villains.
I agree with you on the Shadow Academy. The only problem I kind of had was that since I'd written that the majority of the Next-Gen had graduated out of Claremont then the already used members of the Alpha Class would likewise have graduated to the ranks of supervillainy.

So I had to make some new ones, which wasn't a difficult thing but I do plan on showing what some of the former members have been up to since they were last seen.
Horsenhero wrote:Ha! I like the way things are shaping up. Instead of constant knock-down, drag out fights with evildoers...we'll have high school drama. That's cool, because the "good-guys" and "bad-guys" can shift depending on who's getting the atomic wedgie. 8)
Honestly with the Albright game I'm shooting for more ROLEplaying than ROLLplaying (a tricky thing to do, especially on a PbP game to boot) but overall I'm shooting for a setting where you, the players, are going "It's like the New Mutants & Hellions are going to school together" (the originals that is, I've not read any of the new stuff over the past couple years).

Not that there won't be chances to smack a villain or two around by any means but it's not going to be the main focus of game. Blame Mich, I got the idea playing in his game. :wink:

Shock wrote:Any chance you can list ages or school year for the students? School hierarchy is greatly dependent on what year you're in.
Again, that's something that I've been wondering about doing. I know pretty much who's in what grade but there are some I've not really nailed down totally yet.

It'd be safe to assume that everyone is the usual age a person would be for what grade they're in, so I'll prolly try to add grade levels to the student list I've got set up on the first page of the OOC thread.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Desert Wasp build #1058

Post by Tattooedman »

Desert Wasp:
PL:
Str 12 (+1) Dex 14 (+2) Con 14 (+2) Int 12 (+1) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 12 (+1)

Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+9), Concentration 10 (+11), Knowledge [Pop Culture] 4 (+5), Language [Base: Saudi; English], Notice 7 (+8.), Sense Motive 7 (+8.), Stealth 6 (+8.)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Spec. [Blast], Dodge Focus 4, Equipment, Evasion, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Teamwork 4

Powers: Gravitonic Energy Manipulation: Energy Blast 8
Flight 6
Force Field 6

Saves: Toughness +8*/+2 (+4**/+2) [*Force Field/**Uniform]
Fort +6
Ref +9
Will +6

Combat: Attack +4/+6 (Blast)
Damage +8 (Energy Blast)
Initiative +2

Equipment: Cell Phone
Uniform [+2 Toughness; Subtle; GPS; Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat)]

Costs: Attributes 16+ Skills 11+ Feats 12+ Powers 40+ Saves 16+ Combat 16= 111 pts.

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 140 lbs

Complications:
Responsibility: Zaid is trying to help his parents adjust to life in America now that they’ve moved to the United States.

Secret: Zaid hasn’t shared the fact that he’s gay with any of his friends, while he knows that those he is closest with would think no different of him, he does know that others like Clay Beaudrie and his crew of flunkies would harass him constantly.

Background: A Saudi national, Zaid Rahman knows his life at Claremont is better than his homeland. A place where boys his age are pressed into military service against their will and forced to fight for the government. Something his parents did want for him given the high mortality rate of their countries soldiers and it was something Zaid didn't want either as he knew how gays were treated in the army and even though he'd not come out to anyone he knew that it would only be a matter of time before his secret would be discovered. So when his parents were contacted by part of Claremont's recruitment resources, thanks to the efforts of friends in the relief groups who were working in the area and knew of the Rahman family's problem, Zaid quickly agreed to go to America.

Zaid knew that he'd never go back home and over the past couple of years during his time at Claremont he worked to convince his parents to make the trip across the ocean to join him in the U.S., though it was Headmaster Summers who handled the majority of arranging the Rahman family's transportation as well as lining up work for them upon their arrival once Zaid finally managed to get his parents to agree to the move.

Now Zaid splits his off time from Claremont between helping his parents get acclimated to their new home, trying to figure out how best to break the news to them about his life choices that are going to have some serious effects on them and enjoying his remaining time as a teenager.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Feline build #1059

Post by Tattooedman »

Feline:
PL:
Str 12 (+1) Dex 14 [22] (+2/+6) Con 14 [22] (+2/+6) Int 8 (-1) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10 (+0)

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+10), Climb 6 (+7), Escape Artist 4 (+10), Handle Animal 8 (+8.), Language [Base: Porteguese; English], Notice 8 (+10), Search 4 (+4), Stealth 6 (+12), Survival 6 (+8.), Swim 5 (+6)

Feats: Attack Focus [Melee] 2, Attack Spec. [Claws & Teeth] 2, Dodge Focus 4, Equipment, Fast Overrun, Fearless, Improved Overrun, Power Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers: Alternate Form [Cat-girl] 9 (Extra: Continuous Duration); (Flaw: Permanent)
--Enhanced Constitution 8
--Enhanced Dexterity 8
--Enhanced Feats 13 [Blind-FIght, Diehard, Elusive Target, Endurance, Evasion, Fearsome Presence 2 [DC 12], Improved Critical [Claws & Teeth] 2, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Seize Initiative, Up the Walls]
--Speed 2
-Alt. Power: Leaping 2
--Strike 5 [Claws & Teeth] (Power Feats: Mighty)
--Super-Senses 5 [Extended Vision, Infravision, Extended Hearing, Ultra-Hearing, Scent]
--Super-Movement 1 [Slow Fall]

Saves: Toughness +8*/+6 [*Uniform]
Fort +7
Ref +9
Will +9

Combat: Attack +4/+6 (Melee)/+10 (Claws & Teeth)
Damage +6 (Claws & Teeth; critical 18-20)
Initiative +10

Equipment: Uniform [+2 Toughness; Subtle; GPS; Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat)]

Costs: Attributes 12+ Skills 13+ Feats 15+ Powers 45+ Saves 11+ Combat 16= 112 pts.

Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 110 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
More Cat than Girl: Felicia’s mentality is different than many of her fellow students thanks to her powers. She had to rely on her animal instincts to survive in Rio
de Janeiro for almost a year on the streets and do things that in the United States would make her a criminal and while she doesn’t apologize for it Felicia does feel bad about those things as she struggles to keep those instincts in check.

Temper: Felicia's animalistic nature makes it hard for her to keep her emotions under control sometimes and she'll end up lashing out periodically.

Background: Discovered in the back alleys of Rio de Janeiro, Felicia was on the run from the police after attacking a squad of killers who had been targeting street people. Headmaster Summers heard about the incident and sent the Next-Gen to retrieve the mutant girl before SHADOW or the government could get a hold of her to turn her into a weapon.

Felicia has no memories of her life before her powers manifested, it’s thought that she was just another homeless teen when her powers activated and turned her into a feral creature. As a half cat-girl, she’s among the more visible mutants at Claremont and has been put into the Specials class to help her catch up to everyone else.

As far her life at Claremont, Felicia doesn't go out much since her powers mark her as an obvious mutant and she does prefer to stay out in the back part of the school's grounds and during the weekends she'll spend the entire time there, even overnight (around the athletic field, though she doesn't stay in one place very often). Felicia gets along well with Susanna Challenger, who can understand much of the feral teen's mindset easier than most the others but when it's all said and done Felicia keeps distant from the majority of the other students.

Though lately she's been thinking about trying to pick someone to mate with, she's tired of feeling lonely and has seen enough of the other students as they go through their courting. Though whoever she approaches, in her unusual way, will find her to be as fickle and difficult to figure out as any other girl if not more so.

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite »

Tracer needs a girlfriend, right? :twisted:

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI »

Arkrite wrote:Tracer needs a girlfriend, right? :twisted:
*Lyn&Liz glare daggers at Rich*
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock »

Now, now. Let's not punish Richard just because his player is insensitive ;}

Wait, Lyn AND Liz? All right Curt!

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Bling build #1060

Post by Tattooedman »

Bling:
PL:
Str 14 (+2) Dex 14 (+2) Con 14 (+2) Int 16 (+3) Wis 15 (+2) Cha 15 (+2)

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+6), Bluff 6 (+8.), Knowledge [Physical Sciences] 5 (+8.) Knowledge [Pop Culture] 4 (+7), Knowledge [History] 3 (+6), Knowledge [Streetwise] 5 (+8.), Language [Spanish], Sense Motive 4 (+6), Stealth 6 (+7)

Feats: Attack Focus [Melee] 4, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 2, Seize Initiative, Luck, Set-Up, Taunt

Powers: Transform 6 [anything to gold] (Extra: Continuous Duration); (Flaw: Touch Range)

Saves: Toughness +6*/+3** [*Uniform & Defensive Roll/**Uniform]
Fort +6
Ref +6
Will +6

Combat: Attack +2/+6 (Melee)
Damage +2 (Unarmed)/+3 (Switchblade; critical 19-20)
Defense +6 (+2 flat-footed)
Initiative +1

Equipment: Cell Phone
Switchblade [+1 Damage; critical 19-20]
Claremont Academy Uniform [+2 Toughness; Subtle; GPS; Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat)]

Costs: Attributes 28+ Skills 10+ Feats 11+ Powers 24+ Saves 12+ Combat 12= 99 pts.

Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: 160 lbs

Complications:
Street Life: Growing up in the Fens has left Terrance with a different set of values as to what’s important or acceptable ways of getting what he wants or needs in life. This sometimes leads to his getting into fights over issues of ‘respect’ with some of the other students.

Background: Terrance Brown was in danger of falling in with the wrong crowd, a common enough story for those who live in the Fens. But his story changed significantly when his ability to transmute anything into gold and he went from a street smart hustler to selling knock-off watches for a serious mark-up. Foreshadow and Sonic ended up saving Terrance from a local street gang (the 1-Niners) who had forced Terrance into using his powers to make money for them and the two heroes managed to convince the young mutant to enroll at Claremont.

Not that it’s been an easy transition for Terrance, who uses the name Bling now at Claremont, his life on the streets in one of the rougher sections of Freedom City has left him lacking in the area of social graces and he quickly fell inline with Clay Beaudrie. Terrance is the quiet one of the group, who watches everything around him and knows just the right things to say for the most effect he wants.

Then there’s his powers which while they seem limited, Terrance has come up with a few different ways of using them that has surprised the other students when they were used against them (trapping them in their own transformed clothing for example) or the fact that Terrance seems to know just the right things to say during a combat exercise to play his opponents into making a bad move he can take advantage of. Terrance is smarter than he lets on most of the time but he does maintain one of the highest grade point averages in Claremont, a fact not lost on the Headmaster who wonders if he’s not teaching an up and coming criminal sometimes.

-- Chiun