J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: Mysterio, Vulture, Green Goblin, Master Man II

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Sidious wrote:Ah Nazis.
Fodder for thousands of campaigns and stories.
Oh how gamers love to beat, smash,shoot, gib, frag, electrocute and fry you.
Never has there been a group more deserving of contempt such as these vile, evil, rat b*stards.

If the decision to use Nazis or zombies arises.... I have a hard time deciding between the two. However, zombie Nazis are hard to resist.

All this said... Erde is one of my favorite places to send characters when they start acting more like players than heroes. Object lessons abound.

Keep up the good work Thorp!
Thanks, Sidious. Although I find that like Vampires, the usage of Nazis as the catch-all villain is getting a bit trite.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #11

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:And how could stop this special without the man that TMNT gives the greatest reason to get up everyday? Check out this new addition to our Villains Line on Aisle 5.

I was going to go with the Julienner, but it just didn't sound tough enough.

THE SHREDDER
PL: 11 (168 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 7 (+10), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise [Magic] 2 (+5) [Ritualist], Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+11), Insight 3 (+7) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+10) [Startle], Investigation 5 (+8) [Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+10), Stealth 8 (+13) [Hide in Plain Sight]

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (4) (Status – Leader of The Foot Clan, Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Close Attack (3), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Favored Foe (Ninjas), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed, Arm Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Languages (1) (English, Base: Japanese), Leadership, Minions, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Ritualist, Startle, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Shredder Armor: 14 pts traits, Removable (-3 pts); 11 pts
Body Armor: Protection 3; 3 pts
Armor Spikes: Slashing Damage 2 (Extra: Action [Reaction], Flaw: Range [Grab-based]); 6 pts
Wrist Blades: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Critical, Improved Disarm), (Extra: Split); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Halberd (Piercing Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach 2 [10ft.]; Large [4ep])

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +16 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20; Arm Blades +5, Critical 18-20; Halberd +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +9, Fortitude +8, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Splinter, the TMNT
Motivation: He is determined to be the most powerful Ninja lord in the world
Obsession: Destroying Splinter the Turtles

Abilities 78 + Skills 33 (66 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 11 + Defenses 17 = 168 / 168

Comments: Before I get to the brothers, I wanted to take a run at Shredder first. I feel reworking for him coming up since I felt like I overdid some stuff, but I am still trying to find that line between the DCA core builds and how I’d like to do things in the Thorpacoverse. He feels a bit too strong to me skill wise and feat wise, but then again, so do a lot of my other builds so far, so I guess he’s actually right in line…

The Foot are getting their own post coming up next.

Clean Up 9/29/11: I bumped The Shredder up to PL11 as I plan to up the TMNT shortly, too.
Finally getting around to some updates. Shredder gets the first treatment.
Shop J-Mart!

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Never has there been a group more deserving of contempt such as these vile, evil, rat b*stards.

If the decision to use Nazis or zombies arises.... I have a hard time deciding between the two. However, zombie Nazis are hard to resist.

All this said... Erde is one of my favorite places to send characters when they start acting more like players than heroes. Object lessons abound.

Thanks, Sidious. Although I find that like Vampires, the usage of Nazis as the catch-all villain is getting a bit trite.
Meh they only become trite when they become comical or cardboard cutouts. The true nastiness is when youre able to show the true evil of Naziism. the Unparallled humanity of them. the fact that they are all to human and that they are the darkside of the mirror they are what humanity even here in america could become if we lose sight of our rights and freedoms and responsibilities to hatred and apathy.

A great twilight zone episode starring Dennis Hopper entitled "He's Alive" held a similar frightening premise and showed just how easy it could be for people to embrace that fanatacism.

thats why Nazis make such incredible villains because you can justy outright smash them with impugnity. but at the same time you always keep in the bacl of your mind just how easy it could be to become that way because of hatred.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Post by luketheduke86 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:

You would not be a fan of the Hellsing manga/anime, they have vampire Nazis. :lol:
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:09 pm

luketheduke86 wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:

You would not be a fan of the Hellsing manga/anime, they have vampire Nazis. :lol:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am a fan of both entities, I just think we get overwhelmed with them. Believe me, I loves me some Red Skull, Dracula, etc. but it just seems like they are everywhere and you can't trace ALL evil back to Nazis, nor are vampires the only interesting supernatural entities. I've always wanted to check out Hellsing, it looks great.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

#367, #368

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:39 am

We decided to jump back into some Spidey villains agains, so check out this new item for Aisle 2!

Still can't take a supervillain named Alistair seriously, no matter how bad ass they try to make him.

SPIDER SLAYER (ALISTAIR SMYTHE)
PL: 9 (139 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [6], STAMINA 1 [6], AGILITY 1 [6], DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 2 [8], INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+8), Athletics (+6), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise [Science] 9 (+15), Insight (+2), Intimidation 4 (+5), Investigation 2 (+8), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+6), Technology 9 (+15) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Close Attack (2), Equipment (5), Inventor

POWERS:
Bionic Armored Carapace: 88 pts traits, Removable (-18 pts); 70 pts
Enhanced Abilities: Enhanced Strength 5, Enhanced Stamina 5, Enhanced Fighting 6, Enhanced Agility 5, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Skills 1 (Acrobatics 2 ranks); 45 pts
Armor: Protection 2, Impervious 4; 10 pts
Bionic Enhancements: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 2 pts
Spikes: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous); 2 pts
Weapon Array: 28 pt array; 29 pts
Web Shooter: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge/Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Accurate 4, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 28 pts
Stinger Blast: Ranged Multiattack Energy Damage 8 (Extra: Accurate 4); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
25 pts for science stuff and HQ

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +6; Spikes +7, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Weapon Array +10 [Stinger Blast +8, Multiattack; Web Shooter Affliction +8]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: He wants to carry on the legacy of his late father, Spencer Smythe
Obsession: Getting revenge on J. Jonah Jameson and Spider-Man

Abilities 32 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 70 + Defenses 10 = 139 / 139

Build Comments: Alistair Smythe, the Spider Slayer, one of Spidey’s C or D list villains. He got a pretty good push in his latest appearance, with him re-Scorpionizing Gargan and creating a massive army of insect powered cyborg to throw at Spidey and J. Jonah Jameson. He ended up killing Marla Jameson, which had massive effects on J. Jonah and Spidey, who blamed himself for letting her get killed. He is apparently on death row in New York now, but I doubt J. Jonah ever gets around to it before he gets broken out of prison.

I probably over-powered him, but I have an idea for him for my Earth-217 setting on my other thread, so you might see more of him and he needs to be sturdy to be a decent challenge.

Here are some generic Spider Slayer robots. I might come up with more variations if the muse strikes...

Secret Origins: When Spencer Smythe died because of his prolonged exposure to radioactive chemicals, Alistair inherited his legacy and his hatred for Spider-Man.

The Story so Far: In his first attempt to kill Spider-Man, he mistook Mary-Jane Watson for Spider-Man who was playing along with it to give Peter time to come up with a plan. Mary-Jane claimed she used a super suit built by aliens to deceive Smythe until the real wall-crawler defeated him. He then tried to kill Spider-Man again when he and Mary-Jane were trying to get her sister out of prison for helping their father in a crime. He worked for the Kingpin at first, but only after a disagreement over how to deal with Spider-Man.

After being sent to an asylum, Alistair escaped and took several other inmates along in order to build a new Spider-Slayer. After sending a series of slayers after Spider-Man that were destroyed by him with help from Black Cat, Alistair lured Spider-Man to his home for one last fight. Alistair modified his body with cybernetics and began a battle with Spider-Man, but was defeated and taken into custody with the other asylum inmates.

While the Scarlet Spider worked in the city, Smythe began a war with a new slayer he wanted to sell on the black market. These Cyber-Slayers, as he called them, were controlled by turning one's thoughts into the slayers' actions—and they were probably so named because the initial target was Carolyn Trainer (Lady Octopus) and her group, not Spider-Man or the Scarlet Spider.

However the Scarlet Spider ended up in the middle of things and temporarily worked with the Cyber-Slayer although Smythe was eventually brought to justice.

Smythe escaped prison and wanted revenge on Spider-Man and J. Jonah Jameson for his father's death. He made Jameson alter the stories in the Daily Bugle or he'd kill his wife and son. Spider-Man caught Smythe's trail, and followed it back to the Bugle, but was attacked by every version of spider-slayer ever sent after Spider-Man plus a pair of new ones, a miniature model designed to latch onto Spider-Man's face and invade his mind through use of radiation and a large six-armed model stronger than any other. The miniature spider-slayer psionically connected to Spidey's mind, copied thoughts of his loved ones, and broadcasted it to other mini-slayers. Smythe gave Spider-Man the choice of either stopping the others or preventing the six-armed one from killing Jameson. Spidey eventually defeated all the spider-slayers at the same time, but Jameson knocked Smythe out with a baseball bat for threats on his family.

Smythe returned again and used a poisonous spider to send John Jameson, aka Man-Wolf, into a hospital.

Allistair appeared at the Raft as a newly made Spider-Slayer. He kidnapped Mac Gargan turning him into a cyborg Scorpion, and convinced him to join his crusade against J. J. Jameson.

Smythe has amassed a small army of cyborg minions (the Army of Insects) and attack the site of John Jameson's latest space mission, sabotaging the launch and holding John for ransom Smythe's new plan was to kill all those close to Jameson, but not to kill Jameson himself so Jameson could feel the same suffering that he did losing his father. Smythe's actions get Jameson's wife Marla killed.

During the Spider-Island storyline, J. Jonah Jameson brings Alistair Smythe from Ryker's Island to demand his help in resolving the spider-flu plague transforming ordinary citizens into "Homo Arachnis". Alistair Smythe laughed at the irony of how Jameson has gained spider powers. At the moment, J. Jonah Jameson transforms and seriously wounds Smythe by biting a chunk out of his neck.

Despite his injuries, Smythe is seen alive and well as a prisoner in the Raft.

Characterization/Friends and Foes: He has only two goals: revenge on J. Jonah Jameson and the demise of Spider-Man.

Here are some generic Spider Slayer robots. I might come up with more variations if the muse strikes...

SPIDER SLAYERS (ROBOTS)
PL: 9 (118 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA --, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT --, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE --

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] +4 (+8), Perception 8 (+8), Ranged Combat [Weapon Systems] 8 (+8), Stealth (+2/-2)

ADVANTAGES: Fast Grab, Improved Initiative (2), Interpose

POWERS:
Large Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Protection, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass; Extra: Innate); 9 pts
Robot Physique: Immunity 40 (Fortitude Effects, Mental Effects), Protection 8, Impervious 4; 56 pts
Eight Legged Freak: Extra Limbs 4 (Legs); 4 pts
Spider Movement: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 8 pts
Sensor Array: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Radio; Spider-Slayer Robots]); 1 pt
Weapons Systems: 24 pt Array; 26 pts
Web Shooters: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Webbing; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 24 pts
Blasters: Ranged Energy Damage 10; 1 pt
Stun Beam: Ranged Affliction 10 (Force Energy; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +4 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +0
Weapon Systems +8 [Web Shooter Affliction +8; Blaster +10; Stun Beam Affliction +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +12 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude Immune, Will Immune

COMPLICATIONS:
NONE

Abilities -6 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 104 + Defenses 6 = 118 / 118

Comments: A basic Spider-Slayer robot, more medium-sized than some of the huge robots that he originally used.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:53 am

We've got a new J-Mart Favorite item hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

A flyyyyyyy girl...

FLY-GIRL
PL: 9 (99 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 8, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+10/+14) [Agile Feint], Athletics (+5), Insight (+2), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth (+8), Technology 2 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Close Attack (1), Evasion (1), Favored Environment (Flying), Move-by Action, Teamwork

POWERS:
Wings: Flight 5 (60 mph/500 fpr; Flaw: Winged); 5 pts
Fly Physique: Protection 2, Movement 3 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed], Sure-Footed [Reduce penalty by 1 rank]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when flying), Feature 1 (Iron Stomach); 10 pts
Fly Senses: Sense 1 (Normal Vision [Radius]); 1 pt
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +5; Claws +6]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Revenge on J. Jonah Jameson
Responsibility: Assisting Alistair Smythe in his revenge out of loyalty for him granting her powers

Abilities 64 + Skills 3 (6 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 18 + Defenses 8 = 99 / 99

Build Comments: In the latest Spidey arc involving Alistair Smythe, Smythe created a bunch of super-powered insect themed cyborgs to be his “spider-slayers”. The lead cyborg, along with the re-powered Scorpion, was Fly-Girl. She was only in a few panels but she held her own with Jessica Jones-Cage and didn’t get caught so hopefully she’ll be back.

Just couldn’t wait to stat her up because she is the next step in the evolution of the fly-themed character. Still lame of course, but she's a female fly. And that makes her at least a little better than the original Fly.

OK, not really, but it's a start, OK?!?!?!? Someday the Fly Powered character will work! It will! It will! It will!!! :wink:

My main reason for digging her was the name, mainly because that old crappy 80's rap song I linked to was (sadly enough) my FAVORITE song of the summer of 1985 and I have fond memories of cruising "the loop" here in small town Missouri with that song in the cassette player of my 1974 Pontiac Catalina (which sat 12 comfortably, by the way :wink: ), drinking ill gotten beer and hollering at girls out of the window of the car. And wondering why I never got any play. Go fig. :D

Secret Origins: Paula Crane was a socialite whose family’s business was ruined by a Daily Bugle expose. She blamed J. Jonah Jameson for it and agreed to join Smythe and be upgraded with cyborg fly parts to help him gain revenge against Jameson.

The Story so Far: Smythe amassed a small army of cyborg minions (the Army of Insects) and attack the site of John Jameson's latest space mission, sabotaging the launch and holding John for ransom Smythe's new plan was to kill all those close to Jameson, but not to kill Jameson himself so Jameson could feel the same suffering that he did losing his father. Smythe's actions get Jameson's wife Marla killed. Smythe and his army were defeated by Spider-Man. Fly-Girl escaped and her whereabouts are unknown.

Friends and Foes: Paula remains loyal to Smythe’s cause and her hatred of J. Jonah Jameson continues unabated.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Re: J-Mart: Green Goblin, Master Man II, Spider Slayer, Fly Girl

Post by Blitz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Best thing about Nazis as villains? They have everything you need, right out of the tin (known as "real life"). Weird science? Check. An interest in mysticism? Check! Fashion sense? Double check! Undeniable, unambiguous evil? Oh, you betcha!

With a foundation like that, you can build anything you like, and have it resonate emotionally with everybody, because it's the freaking Nazis! Just make sure you give them a little depth, so it doesn't wear thin.

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Murkglow » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:35 am

Blitz wrote:Undeniable, unambiguous evil? Oh, you betcha!
Oh they can still be ambiguous in their evil too. You know the whole perhaps not having an option in the matter (after all their leaders are killing by the hundreds can the common soldier say no to them and have his family survive, much less himself?), or perhaps they are unaware of the horrors committed by their leaders, or perhaps they feel a sense of commitment to protecting their country from others in spite of the horrors being done, and so on and so on.

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Blitz » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:31 am

I was talking about an institutional level. On a personal level, individuals are often very ambiguous.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:52 pm

We're back to stocking the shelves at J-Mart to provide more DCA Compatible merchandise at the lowest prices on Roll Call!

I wanna rock!

TERRAX THE TAMER
PL: 15 (339 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15 [18], STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2 [8], PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+15/+18), Deception (+3), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 9 (+10), Insight (+8), Intimidation 12 (+15) [Startle], Perception (+8), Persuasion (+3), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (3) (Status – Former Herald of Galactus, Ruler of City State of Lanlak), Diehard, Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Axe), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Startle

POWERS:
Dust Resistant: Feature 1 (You can shed dust and dirt [including mud] at will, keeping yourself and your clothing clean under almost any conditions); 1 pt
Heal the Earth: Feature 1 (You can “heal” damage or upheaval to the ground or earthen construction, simply by smoothing over the damaged surface with your hands); 1 pt
Natural Geologist: Feature 1 (You can determine the type of any stone you encounter simply by touching [or perhaps even tasting] it); 1 pt
Stonework Knowledge: Feature 1 (You can tell if a stone surface is natural or worked with tools [or even shaped by earth powers] simply by touching or looking at it); 1 pt
Cosmic Awareness: Comprehend Languages 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); Communication 2 (Mental, 1 Mile); Enhanced Awareness 6; Senses 3 (Cosmic Awareness; Mental, Ranged, Extended); 29 pts
Rocklike Physiology: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 7, Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Need for Sleep); 30 pts
Tremorsense: Senses 2 (Touch [Ranged, Extended]); 2 pts
Boulder Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Flaw: Platform [rock/boulder]); 15 pts
Earth Control: 60 pt Array; 62 pts
Earth Burst: Burst Area Bludgeoning Move Object 15 (Extra: Burst Area 2 [60 ft radius], Damaging, Flaw: Limited Material [rock/earth]); 60 pts
Chasm: Ranged Line Area Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Line Area 2 [60 ft line], Linked [Burrowing, Damage], Flaw: Instant Recovery [the Dazed and Prone conditions only last for a round], Limited [to two degrees]); Line Area Burrowing Attack 8 (16 mph; Extra: Line Area 2 [60 ft line], Linked [Affliction, Damage], Flaw: Limited [downward only]); Line Area Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Line Area 2 [60 ft line], Linked [Affliction, Burrowing], Flaw: Limited [Targets Affected by Second Degree of Affliction]); 1 pt
Earthquake: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone, Extra: Accurate, Burst Area 2 [60 ft radius], Extra Condition, Secondary Effect, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees], Limited [opponents/objects touching ground];); 1 pt

Earth Control Mastery: Enhanced Move Object 12 (3,200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 12 pts
Power Cosmic: 41 pt Array; 43 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 18 (Extra: Extended Range 5 [800/1600/3200]); 41 pts
Cosmic Travel: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system]); 1 pt
Cosmic Boost: Enhanced Strength 3, Enhanced Strength 4 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to lifting); 1 pt

Cosmic Axe: 16 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 10 pts
Axe Strike: Slashing Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 12); 15 pts
Cosmic Energy Control Focus: Enhanced Skills 1 (Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 2 ranks); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +15; Ax Strike +18, Critical 19-20; Cosmic Boost Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +3
Cosmic Energy Control +8/+10 [Cosmic Energy Control +18]
Special Attack [Rock Burst +15, Burst Area; Chasm Affliction +12, Burst Area; Earthquake Affliction +14, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +19 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Fantastic Four, The Green Lantern Corps.
Obsession: Conquest.
Reputation: Generally, no one likes to see a current, or former Herald of Galactus…
Rivalry: The other heralds of Galactus.

Abilities 102 + Skills 11 (21 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 199 + Defenses 13 = 339 / 339

Build Comments: I haven't seen much of Terrax, but from what I've seen, he's a major league bad ass, just shy of The Silver Surfer, so he gets built a PL below. That's more than enough to handle the FF on his own or just about any other Cosmic Marvel threats.

Secret Origins: Tyros was ruler of the city-state of Lanlak on the planetoid Birj. The cosmic entity Galactus selects Tyros as his next Herald, but first wishes for the superhero team the Fantastic Four to humble him in return for his assistance with major threat to Earth. They defeated Tyros and brought him before Galactus, who changes the petty tyrant into Terrax the Tamer. His minor control over stone was augmented to an incalculable degree. Now, he could affect all matter of rock and stone on nearly a planetary scale, his strength and durability were greatly increased and he could withstand the ravages of space like the other Heralds. Finally, Galactus gave Terrax a weapon called the cosmic axe capable of generating waves of cosmic force. Terrax traveled with Galactus to Earth, and while his new master fulfilled his end of the bargain with the FF, Terrax attacked them for revenge in for their role in his transformation. Terrax, however, is tricked and defeated by the Human Torch, and left with a victorious Galactus.

The Story so Far: As Galactus's new herald, Terrax found more worlds for his master than any of the previous heralds. Terrax likened the discovery of new planets to the feeling of conquest. On several occasions, Terrax annihilated large segments of the population himself using his cosmic powers. As Galactus had hoped, Terrax's lack of morality made him a successful herald. But whereas Galactus's other heralds had a sense of loyalty to their master, Terrax had none and only served Galactus out of fear for his master's power.

However, on several occasions he chose to defy Galactus' wishes. Shortly after being transformed into Galactus' herald, Terrax fled from his master and overthrew the ruling body of a small-unnamed planet. He enslaved the entire population and set himself up as the planet's deity. Huge segments of that world's people died erecting temples and cities to glorify Terrax. Terrax planned to use the survivors of his reign as the first wave of a planned universe conquering army. He came into conflict with Green Lanterns Tomar-Re, John Stewart and Katma Tui and was winning the conflict. But before Terrax could proceed any further, Guardian of the Universe Ganthet alerted Galactus and he summoned his herald. Fearful of his master's wrath, Terrax hid in a black hole. With the Green Lantern’s assistance Galactus freed Terrax and made him obedient to his will again.

Characterization: Terrax loves conquest above all else being seen as THE man. He loathed his time as Galactus’ herald and is enjoying his freedom to take over worlds as he sees fit.

Friends and Foes: He works alone except when he is pressed back into service to Galactus.

Clean Up 8/7/12: Bumped Terrax up to PL15 after seeing him go toe-to-toe with The Surfer.

Clean Up 8/28/13: Gave Terrax the Superior Thorpacoverse update.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Another new item hits the Aisle 2 shelves!

Whether you're a He, she, doesn't matter, Stardust...having a thing for Galactus is just not going to lead to a stable longterm relationship...

STARDUST
PL: 15 (340 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14 [16], STAMINA 14, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2 [8], PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+12), Athletics 3 (+17), Deception (+3), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 7 (+10), Insight 2 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 3 (+11), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 8 (+12), Stealth (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack (2), Diehard, Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack

POWERS:
Cosmic Awareness: Comprehend Languages 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); Communication 2 (Mental, 1 Mile); Enhanced Awareness 6; Senses 3 (Cosmic Awareness; Mental, Ranged, Extended); 29 pts
Herald Enhancements: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 7, Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Need for Sleep); 29 pts
Ethereal Physiology: Immortality 6 (1 day), Insubstantial 3 (Energy), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 29 pts
Cosmic Traveler: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system]); 36 pts
Power Cosmic: 60 pts Array; 65 pts
Cosmic Wave: Cone Area Cosmic Energy Damage 15 (Extra: Cone Area [120 ft cone]); 60 pts
Matter Transformation: Transform 10 (800 lbs; Anything into anything else); 1 pt
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 18 (Extra: Extended Range 5 [800/1600/3200]); 1 pt
Cosmic Senses: Senses 37 (Detect Life [Mental, Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Extended 20, Penetrates Concealment, Radius, Ranged, Tracking], Postcognition); 1 pt
Cosmic Boost: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Strength 6 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 1 pt
Black Holes: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system]; Extras: Affects Others, Area 3 [120 ft radius], Dimensional 3 [Any dimension], Instantaneous (occurs instantly each time used), Selective, Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt

Cosmic Halberd: 4 pts traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 2 pts
Halberd Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +14; Cosmic Boost Unarmed +16; Cosmic Halberd +17, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4
Cosmic Energy Control +12 [Cosmic Blast +18; Transform +10]
Special Attack [Cosmic Wave +15, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +17 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: She(?) is in love with Galactus
Reputation: Generally no one ever likes to see a Herald of Galactus
Responsibility: To serve Galactus
Rivalry: She(?) is very jealous of The Silver Surfer, who she sees as Galactus' favorite despite all their issues

Abilities 114 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 190 + Defenses 13 = 340 / 340

Build Comments: I’ve only seen Stardust in Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter but she (he? Stardust’s gender has remained a bit of a mystery, not that it really matters but it is a little confusing…) was pretty wicked, although Bill beat…um, let’s with “her” for now…pretty well, even if he had a cheat a bit to do it. So I put her at the same level as several of my other big hitters here, same level as Terrax, and usual, if she doesn’t test well, then she’ll go up.

Secret Origins: The Ethereal Lambda-Zero, who later became known as Stardust, is the current Herald of Galactus. As an Ethereal, she is part of a race of beings of pure energy, and that being imbued with the Power Cosmic, in effect, made Stardust immortal, allowing her to reconstitute herself if "destroyed".

The Story so Far: The first planet Stardust fed to Galactus was New Korbin, after she slaughtered most of the planet's inhabitants. This led to the confrontation with Beta Ray Bill, who was busy attempting to rescue the Korbinites. The two fought each other, and after the first confrontation, Stardust sought out Bill after he obtained the Meta-Orb. Planning on crushing Bill with it, the two fought each other until Stardust opened a portal to a dimension filled with the most evil beings of the universe hoping to trap Bill in there. Bill managed to escape, but a being named Asteroth escaped and began devouring galaxies. Stardust and Bill joined forces, with Stardust using her powers to open a black hole behind Asteroth hoping to lock Asteroth in it. However, Asteroth resisted and the hole instead sucked both Stardust and Bill to a near death.

As the two recovered, Stardust had earlier fought Alpha Ray. Galactus had empowered Ray to help Stardust take down his opponent. With the black hole still open, Ray managed to do this, but in return was together with Asteroth sucked into the hole.

Stardust was later revealed to have returned through unknown means and is sent by Galactus to ask the Silver Surfer to meet with Galactus at the beginning of the Annihilaton event. Stardust meanwhile is under orders to help the other remaining heralds Red Shift and Firelord as they combat the Annihilation fleet. Later the three heralds join with Nova's United Front and defeat and capture one of Annihilus' queens. With the Silver Surfer and Galactus now captured and Firelord half-dead, Stardust and Red Shift are the only two active heralds.

Stardust and Red Shift were presumed dead after holding back a massive energy blast from Galactus' absorbing device. Stardust has since returned. She was then confronted by the few remaining members of his race, who were nearly made extinct by the Annihilation Wave. Trying to attack Stardust in treason for leaving them, Stardust "kills" the remaining members of her race in self-defense, and then absorbs their still sentient remains. However, she then finds Galactus and, distraught that she has been replaced as Herald by the Silver Surfer, she gives up the remains of her race to feed Galactus, against their protests; an act that surprises Galactus, as no herald has ever willingly given up their race to Galactus. Stardust is then named Galactus's second herald, as Galactus's now increased hunger requires more worlds to devour. It is also then revealed that Galactus is the only creature that Stardust will ever love.

Characterization: Stardust considers it a privilege for any race to be consumed by Galactus and will kill any who try to escape Galactus' path, giving them a worthless death as opposed to the 'honor' of being consumed by Galactus. Stardust feels similarly about the Heralds of Galactus, deeming them untouchable by lesser beings.

Friends and Foes: Stardust lives only to serve Galactus, but has joined forces with other heralds if it benefits her master.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Post by luketheduke86 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:36 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote: Oh, don't get me wrong, I am a fan of both entities, I just think we get overwhelmed with them. Believe me, I loves me some Red Skull, Dracula, etc. but it just seems like they are everywhere and you can't trace ALL evil back to Nazis, nor are vampires the only interesting supernatural entities. I've always wanted to check out Hellsing, it looks great.
Oh yea I agree, Nazi's and Vampires need to be done just right and used sparingly.

I'd definitely check Hellsing out, just be warned that it's a bit darker and bloodier than a lot of other anime/manga, but once you get past that it's pretty good. :)
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:24 pm

We've got a new item for Aisle 2 and it's our first item in our OH, CANADA, EH line!

I coulda had a V8!

Not that crappy tomato drink, I mean like a full size car. I'm really hungry...

SASQUATCH
PL: 11 (141 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+14), Deception (+2), Expertise [Science] 7 (+12), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+8/+10), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+4/0), Technology 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Interpose, Leadership, Power Attack

POWERS:
Sasquatch Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed 0, +4 Mass; PF: Innate); 9 pts
Sasquatch Hide: Protection 3, Impervious 5; 13 pts
Sasquatch Physiology: Speed 1 (4 mph), Leaping 3 (60 ft); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +15 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: Depending on the time of setting, he can shift into his normal identity of Walter Langkowski. In that form, he has no powers and his stats drop to STR 2, STA 3, AGL 2, and FGT 5, eh
Monstrous Appearance: His appearance belies his high intelligence and compassion, eh
Patriotism: He fiercely protects Canada, eh

Abilities 86 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 26 + Defenses 12 = 141 / 141

Comments: I hope this doesn’t get me run off the board, but I have never read an issue of Alpha Flight. I mean come on…a Canadian superteam? Talk about suspending your disbelief…

And I await Jab’s rage… :twisted:

All kidding aside, I just never got into them, but I have seen them guest starring in other books so I know a little of them, but not enough to probably build them all without more research. But I did know enough about Walter to build him. He’s a brick with a brain, which is one of my favorite comic tropes.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #228 OV, #223 T

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We have a HELLUVA Special on Aisle 2!

Hell’s Kitchen is my neighborhood. I prowl the rooftops and alleyways at night. Watching from the darkness. Forever in darkness. A guardian devil.

DAREDEVIL
PL: 10 (195 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 12 (+18) [Agile Feint, Skill Mastery], Athletics 10 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Lawyer] 10 (+13), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+11), Insight 8 (+15) [Assessment], Intimidation 9 (+11), Investigation 8 (+11), Perception 13 (+20), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Billy Clubs] 6 (+14), Sleight of Hand 5 (+9), Stealth 7 (+13) [Hide in Plain Sight]

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack (2), Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Fearless, Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Redirect, Skill Mastery (1) (Acrobatics), Takedown (1), Well-Informed

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (SUPER SENSES): Precise Attack (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Super Senses: Enhanced Advantages 3 (See Advantages), Enhanced Skills 9 (Insight 8 ranks, Perception 10 ranks), Senses 13 (Normal Hearing [Accurate, Extended, Penetrates Concealment], Scent [Accurate, Acute, Extended], Touch [Acute, Analytical], Ultra-Hearing); 25 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Billy Club: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 3, Extra: Ricochet, Feature 1 (Converts to collapsible cane); 8ep
AE - Billy Club Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3, Extra: Split, Reach 2; 1ep
AE - Club Swinging: Movement 2 (Swinging, Slow Fall [Flaw: Requires object to hit with Ranged Billy Club Attack Roll]); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14 [Billy Club +6]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +8
Billy Club +14 [Billy Club +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: He's blind
Enemy: Kingpin, Bullseye, sometimes Elektra and others
Relationships: Foggy Nelson, Echo, Sometimes Elektra
Responsibility: To protect Hell's Kitchen and dispense justice
Secret Identity: He maintains a secret identity of Matt Murdock
Vulnerable: He is vulnerable to Auditory dazzles, taking an extra degree of damage against them and also sometimes dealing him an Affliction

Abilities 82 + Skills 44 (88 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 21 + Defenses 19 = 195 / 195

Comments: After a short test, I moved DD up a PL. I didn’t like how he performed, albeit I willingly admit that I am still not completely up to snuff with the 3E gameplay yet. I need to remedy that with more playing, less building, I suppose. But I’m a build-aholic, so it’s for me to give that up for too long.

Regardless, Matt goes up to PL11, mainly for his Perception. He's generally PL9-10 otherwise.

Clean Up 10/27/11: As I was working on DD for my Earth-217 setting on my other thread, I thought I would go ahead and put a DCA compatible version in place of this PL11 PC version that I had before.

Just to show that I haven't completely given up on the DCA style building and my first love, J-Mart, I decided to drop a DCA compatible update of DD while I was looking at him for my other thread. He came out a lot more expensive that I thought he would, but considering his powers and experience, I guess it shouldn't that surprising. Skill monkeys are just more expensive in 3E, no way around it if want to truly capture an iconic character like him.
Shop J-Mart!