J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #404

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:44 pm

Ares wrote: Heh, now I feel smugly vindicated for all of the fanboy whining I did here :mrgreen:
You weren't the only one, my man, but I do admit your arguments were the most persuasive. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Ares
Hero
Hero

Re: J-Mart: Scarlett, Baroness, O-Ren Ishii, Elle Driver

Post by Ares » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Ares wrote: Heh, now I feel smugly vindicated for all of the fanboy whining I did here :mrgreen:
You weren't the only one, my man, but I do admit your arguments were the most persuasive. :wink:
Aw, thanks. :mrgreen:

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:26 pm

After a busy few days out of the office, the J-Mart Staff is back to work and we're stocking this new item in our Villains Line and it's a J-Mart Favorite item!

COBRA!...Retreat! - Cobra Commander (and he said it many, many, many times...)

COBRA COMMANDER
PL: 8 (151 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 12 (+16) [Daze, Fascinate, Skill Mastery, Taunt, Ultimate Effort], Expertise [Business] 9 (+13), Expertise [Military] 8 (+12), Expertise [Streetwise] 1 (+5), Insight 7 (+11), Intimidation 7 (+11), Investigation 5 (+9) [Well-Informed], Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 12 (+16) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+9), Stealth 5 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status, Resources 6 – Cobra Leader), Connected, Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (3), Fascinate (1) (Deception), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Languages (2) (5 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Ranged Attack (4), Set-Up (2), Skill Mastery (1) (Deception), Taunt, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Deception), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Costume: Protection 2, Senses 3 (Communication Link [Cobra Command], Infravision, Low Light Vision); 5 pts
Mini Holdout Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 2, Concealable; 5 pts
Hidden Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Concealable, Dangerous; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2; Knife in the Boot +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Firearms +9 [Mini Holdout Pistol +2]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Cobra Commander has the greatest confidence in his leadership and planning, despite his many failures, which can lead to another downfall.
Enemy: The G.I. Joes.
Obsession: World Domination.
Rivalry: Serpentor, Destro, Fred VII and lots of those who wish to, or have, overthrown him.

Abilities 56 + Skills 40 (80 ranks) + Advantages 33 + Powers 0 + Defenses 22 = 151 / 151

Build Comments: Ah, Cobra Commander. For someone that sucks as much as he does, he sure has been the recipient of the sincerest form of flattery with tons and tons of world dominating wannabe mimics in all forms of medium. I almost made him like a PL15 just for the hell of it, but that’s just not him. He’s meant to work behind the scenes and put his minions in position to succeed, if he doesn’t screw it up by making his grasp greater than his reach (which is common). He’s meant to be no contest to the Joes on offense but good enough on defense to survive lots of attacks and escape, which means he live to have other fight for him another day.

Secret Origins: Not much is known of Cobra Commander's past, but in his early career he was a used car salesman. While struggling to keep his business afloat, he learned that a car crash had taken the life of his older brother, Dan, who had been driving drunk. Embittered by this tragedy, Cobra Commander became obsessed with vindicating his brother's death. He took specific interest in the surviving son of the family killed in the accident with Dan. That child would become the soldier better known as Snake-Eyes.

The Story so Far: Cobra Commander managed to track Snake-Eyes to Japan, where he was training to become a member of the Arashikage ninja clan. The Commander hired a mercenary called Firefly to kill him, but Firefly soon realized he was no match for his target, instead referring Cobra Commander to another assassin, Zartan, who infiltrated the clan and shot at Snake-Eyes with an arrow stolen earlier from another ninja, Storm Shadow. However, it was not Snake-Eyes who was hit, but the clan's leader and Storm Shadow's uncle, Hard Master. Storm Shadow was blamed for the murder and fled in search of the killer.

Cobra Commander returned to his domestic life, but after his wife gave birth to a son, Billy, she found out about what had happened in Japan. He took the child and left his wife, becoming increasingly paranoid and blaming all his problems on "the system." He traveled across America with Billy, seeking out people who shared his desire to topple big business and the government, using money he had earned from pyramid schemes to attract followers.

He then moved to the town of Springfield, where the businesses were struggling and the population had become disillusioned with existing policy. He applied his influence to corrupt the township and eventually took control of it. Within the town, he established a clandestine terrorist group called Cobra. For reasons and in ways unknown, Billy left his father and joined the anti-Cobra underground organization. Storm Shadow's search for his uncle's killer eventually led him to Cobra, which Storm Shadow joined, pledging loyalty to Cobra Commander as his personal bodyguard.

For a long time, Cobra remained a clandestine organization, slowly building up its forces and resources. Cobra Commander finally initiated a bold plan by kidnapping renowned nuclear physicist Dr. Adele Burkhart. The U.S. government responded by sending in the G.I. Joe Team to rescue her. Scarlett and Snake-Eyes managed to infiltrate the base and reached him holding Burkhart hostage. Burkhart tried to sacrifice herself to save the Joes. Scarlett injured the Commander but he managed to escape.[

The Commander began to expand and consolidate his power by setting up in the economically depressed town of Springfield. He quickly swayed the inhabitants to his side, swelling the ranks of the nascent Cobra greatly. He soon formed his followers into a paramilitary terrorist organization that is unquestioningly loyal to him. Cobra quickly grew in influence throughout the world, firmly entrenching itself in a number of unstable countries and setting itself up as a powerful criminal empire. Around this time his son, Billy, turns against his father and resists the actions of Cobra. The organization begins to attract the attention of the United States government, who forms GI Joes to combat Cobra. Meanwhile, the Commander forms the High Command to deal with the demands of running the now-massive Cobra. The Commander quickly becomes the target of an assassination plot formulated by members of the High Command, who seek to take power for themselves.

he assassination plot is foiled, and the would-be assassin revealed to be Billy. The Commander attempts to torture information about the plot out of his son, who refuses to give in. Billy is rescued by Storm Shadow, and later apparently killed in an explosion. Later, the Commander and Destro become trapped underground during an attempted assault on the Pit. Believed dead, the pair manage to escape and make their way back towards headquarters. On the way, the Commander learns that Billy is only in critical condition, and vows to become a better father. He spends some time taking care of his son before his inability to give up on world conquest causes his son to abandon him. The Commander renounced Cobra and his leadership of it in order to win his son back. He is shot in the back and apparently killed by Fred VII, a member of the Crimson Guard who is angered by the Commander's renunciation of the organization.

Fred VII secretly takes up the identity of the Commander and masquerades as him for several years. The true Commander, however, managed to survive the attack and is able to recuperate fully. He keeps his continued survival a secret for some time, using the opportunity to reintegrate himself into Cobra and build up a loyal group of followers within the larger organization. After his erstwhile grave is found to be empty, the Commander returns with force. He has scores of "disloyal" Cobra operatives buried alive, and begins to institute mandatory brainwashing for all members to ensure complete loyalty.

Characterization: Cobra Commander is a fanatical leader, who rules with an iron fist, and demands total loyalty and allegiance. His objective is total control of the world's people, wealth and resources, brought about by revolution and chaos. He is suspected of having led uprisings in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, and for kidnapping scientists, businessmen and military leaders, forcing them to reveal their top level secrets. Cobra Commander is considered to be a man without scruples, and given his level of evil and corruption, is probably the most dangerous man alive

Friends and Foes: His greatest rivalry is with the G.I. Joe team.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:33 pm

We've got a GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL hitting our G.I. Joe Aisle and it's another addition to our Villains Line!

Now THAT is a supervillain outfit, folks.

SERPENTOR
PL: 10 (172 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+9), Athletics 7 (+13), Deception 3 (+8), Expertise [Military] 12 (+16) [Skill Mastery], Insight 8 (+12) [Assessment], Intimidation 5 (+10), Investigation 3 (+7) [Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+10), Stealth 3 (+9), Technology (+4), Treatment (+4), Vehicles 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (3) (Status, Resources 3 –Cobra Elite), Chokehold, Combat Leader*, Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (5), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (2) (5 others, Base: English), Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Military]), Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Costume: Protection 1; 1 pts
Serpent Staff: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 2 pts
Vehicle: (22 pts)
Flying Platform: Size - M, Strength - 4, Flight - 4, Def - 8, Tough - 10, Features - Ranged Ballistic Damage 8 [Extra: Burst Area 4], Ranged Multiattack Laser Energy Damage 6]; 22 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +6; Serpent Staff +8]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The G.I. Joe Team
Flashbacks: Serpentor is prone to flashback and hallucinations from the lives of the great military leaders than he was created from, causing him to lose focus on the task at hand, or focus on something tied to that leader's life
Motivation: World domination, of course
Responsibility: To lead The Coil, and eventually Cobra again
Rivalry: With Cobra Commander, as well as Destro, Zaran, The Baroness and others who tried to usurp him when he was the leader of Cobra

Abilities 94 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 33 + Powers 0 + Defenses 16 = 172 / 172

Build Comments: Even with my limited exposure to the Joe franchise back in the day, I always liked Serpentor. Not as much as Cobra Commander, but he was good replacement for a while. I always thought he would be best as someone who was forced out of Cobra and started up his own rival organization that was technically better than Cobra, but still never got the job done because of their rivalry. Then I looked at the Wikis, saw that he had been in Coil at one point, and I knew that was the way I wanted him to go in the Thorpacoverse.

I built him to be a nightmare for any of the Joes but Snake-Eyes, and even he would have trouble thanks to Serpentor’s strength and cunning.

Secret Origins: Serpentor was designed to be the ultimate Cobra leader. Under the direction of Doctor Mindbender, he and Destro combed the tombs of the greatest leaders in history to find cells with DNA traces. These long-dead genetic blueprints were combined to produce a clone with the genius of Napoleon, the ruthlessness of Julius Caesar, the daring of Hannibal, and the shrewdness of Attila the Hun.

The Story so Far: Originally he was never intended to replace Cobra Commander. He was to be more of an iconic figure to inspire the troops. The plan was that Cobra Commander would remain in power.

During an attack by G.I. Joe on the Cobra base in Springfield, Serpentor led a counterattack and risked his life to save a single Cobra solider. He then gave orders and did actions that led to ensuring the safety of many other soldiers. Word of these actions spread quickly through the ranks and inspired great loyalty among Cobra troops.

Serpentor would have on going power struggles with some of the key Cobra leaders such as Zartan and the Baroness and at first even Cobra Commander himself. His rivalry with Cobra Commander doesn't last long. They eventually work out their problems and work together until the imposter Fred VII takes Cobra Commanders place without the knowledge of the other Cobra leaders. Fred VII takes an immediate dislike to Serpentor and the two are at odds. This eventually led to the Cobra civil war. The U.S. government decided to support Serpentor and sent G.I. Joe to back up his troops. They justified this action by stating that Cobra Commander was a Dictator and Serpentor was more of a Monarch and would be easier to deal with. Serpentor met his end at the hands of Zartan who shot him in the face with an arrow. Dr. Mindbender placed Serpentor's body in cold storage for scientific research. Serpentor would eventually return.

Characterization: Serpentor possesses acute military genius, courage, daring, charisma, political knowhow and fighting prowess that easily overshadows Cobra Commander's. His creators neglected to take into consideration that the warriors from which Serpentor's DNA come from also happen to be cunning and ruthless leaders with huge ambitions. For in Serpentor's blood, it calls forth in him the glory of conquest... the conquest of the world.

Friends and Foes: Serpentor has several allies within Cobra, including Cobra Commander, although he remains wary of his potential. He has a hatred for Zartan but has worked with him for the greater good of Cobra, even after his deadly betrayal.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Cobra Commander, Serpentor

Post by Arthur Eld » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Cobra! Co-bra!

Great builds Thorp! I really like your take on the Joeverse. I was a little thrown by some of Cobra Commander's stats-Presence 4? Inspire and Leadership for one of the worst guys to work for since Sosuke Aizen?

I do like that you made Serpentor a better, more charismatic leader than him. Honestly, the Baroness, Destro, and many others would make better leaders than him.

But maybe he just rolls like crap around the Joes.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:03 pm

We're adding another item to our Villains Line with this new item for our G.I. Joe Aisle!

Fu Man-who?...Never heard of him...

DOCTOR MINDBENDER
PL: 6 (83 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Deception 6 (+6), Expertise [Science] 10 (+16) [Skill Mastery], Insight (+3), Intimidation 3 (+3), Investigation 2 (+8), Perception 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+5), Stealth (+2), Technology 10 (+16) [Inventor], Treatment 3 (+9), Vehicles 2 (+5), Variable

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (4), Inventor, Languages (1) (2 others, Base: English), Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Science])

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Blaster Pistol: Ranged Energy Damage 5; 10 pts
10 pts for lab and science EQ

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +3
Firearms +5 [Blaster Pistol +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: He is a man of science, driven to push it's frontiers and make a few bucks while he does it.
Responsibility: To Cobra.

Abilities 44 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 0 + Defenses 12 = 83 / 83

Build Comments: Cobra’s current mad scientist supreme, Doctor Mindbender. I'm just glad I found a pic that didn't have him all muscle-bound and such, that's just doesn't seem to be the right way to go with him. I really like his new incarnation in Renegades where he's really more of a slimy opportunist with just a bit of mad scientist in him.

Secret Origins: Dr. Bender was at one time a peace-loving orthodontist. He built a machine to relieve dental pain, using electric brainwave stimulation. Unfortunately he tested it on himself, and when it went haywire, he became hateful, deceitful and vain. Dr. Mindbender abandoned his practice and joined forces with Cobra, devoting all his time to perfecting his digital brain-scrambling. He is a master of mind control and interrogation, but his expertise also includes genetics, cloning, dentistry, and some cybernetics.

The Story so Far: Doctor Mindbender has been influential in the rise of Cobra with his inventions but he has also been disloyal to Cobra Commander, leading to his eventual demise and his replacement with this current clone that is more loyal to his Commander.

Characterization: Dr. Mindbender is first and foremost a master of mind control and interrogation but his expertise does not stop there. This evil genius has also dabbled in genetics, cloning and cybernetics. He is extremely meticulous and fussy, preferring to oversee every nuance of his projects, even projects that belong to others. That is why he has felt a need to master every science that involves some sort of manipulation or modification.

Friends and Foes: He is currently loyal to Cobra, but he real motivations remain unclear.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:33 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Cobra! Co-bra!

Great builds Thorp! I really like your take on the Joeverse. I was a little thrown by some of Cobra Commander's stats-Presence 4? Inspire and Leadership for one of the worst guys to work for since Sosuke Aizen?

I do like that you made Serpentor a better, more charismatic leader than him. Honestly, the Baroness, Destro, and many others would make better leaders than him.

If Thorp is taking a bit from the comics, then Cobra Commander deserves those high stats. He was crazy and infantile at times, sure- but he was a very lethal thinker, a liar, a cheat, and a good businessman- TWICE building Cobra from nothing to a multi-million-dollar operation through nothing but Used Car Sales and Pyramid Schemes.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: J-Mart: Cobra Commander, Serpentor, Dr. Mindbender

Post by catsi563 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:32 am

That defiantely. Cobra Commander was able to not only build Cobra but he very nearly succeeded in almost everything he did. It was only where the Joes were concerned that he failed consistently.

He was able to topple governments, and put billions of dollars of operating Capital away, get the Joe team banned on at least 3 occasions through political pressure, actually successfuly kill several joes ((albeit unwittingly)) And paralyzed general Hawk.

He effectively ran a small army armed with military grade hardware and did it under the nose of the US Goverment for decades.

He was able to command the hearts and minds of thousands of people alot of them could be considered normal people who just wanted more from life then what the US was offering them--- the tea party would fit in beautifulty with Cobra heck i could see them being a Cobra plot--and ran an entire town((Springfield)) as a terrorist training base under the US's nose.

Even the Joes werent able to link Spirngfield to Cobra tll much later in the series.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:51 am

Jabroniville wrote:

If Thorp is taking a bit from the comics, then Cobra Commander deserves those high stats. He was crazy and infantile at times, sure- but he was a very lethal thinker, a liar, a cheat, and a good businessman- TWICE building Cobra from nothing to a multi-million-dollar operation through nothing but Used Car Sales and Pyramid Schemes.
And he observed that going from Used Car Sales to International Terrorism was actually a reduction in villany.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Blitz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:33 am

catsi563 wrote:That defiantely. Cobra Commander was able to not only build Cobra but he very nearly succeeded in almost everything he did. It was only where the Joes were concerned that he failed consistently.

He was able to topple governments, and put billions of dollars of operating Capital away, get the Joe team banned on at least 3 occasions through political pressure, actually successfuly kill several joes ((albeit unwittingly)) And paralyzed general Hawk.

He effectively ran a small army armed with military grade hardware and did it under the nose of the US Goverment for decades.

He was able to command the hearts and minds of thousands of people alot of them could be considered normal people who just wanted more from life then what the US was offering them--- the tea party would fit in beautifulty with Cobra heck i could see them being a Cobra plot--and ran an entire town((Springfield)) as a terrorist training base under the US's nose.

Even the Joes werent able to link Spirngfield to Cobra tll much later in the series.
Unprovoked, unnecessary, just plain nasty political commentary, like linking a political group of any type to freaking COBRA, makes this forum a lot less enjoyable for everybody. Please don't. Believe it or not, the Internet is not homogenous.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:36 am

Blitz wrote:
catsi563 wrote:He was able to command the hearts and minds of thousands of people alot of them could be considered normal people who just wanted more from life then what the US was offering them--- the tea party would fit in beautifulty with Cobra heck i could see them being a Cobra plot--and ran an entire town((Springfield)) as a terrorist training base under the US's nose.

Unprovoked, unnecessary, just plain nasty political commentary, like linking a political group of any type to freaking COBRA, makes this forum a lot less enjoyable for everybody. Please don't. Believe it or not, the Internet is not homogenous.
Easy, Blitz, I'm sure he meant no harm to the Tea Party. The whole "ulterior motive of the power behind the people's party" arc has been done a million times in comics/movie/TV (Cap's foes The Watchdogs for one example). Wait until I post my Obama build in February as part of my African-American History Month-long Special. I can't wait for the comments on THAT. 8)

And as a liberal, I would love it if COBRA was more involved in the Democratic party, at least something would be getting done! :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:45 am

Our last new item for our G.I. Joe Aisle (for now), is hitting the shelves and it's a definite J-Mart Favorite item!

Destro: This (mask) belongs to an ancestor of mine. He was caught selling arms to both sides. The French forced him to wear it for the rest of his life. They called him Destro, destroyer of nations.
Storm Shadow: So why do you keep it?
Destro: So that I never forget the most important rule in dealing arms.
The Baroness: Let me guess. Never sell to both sides?
Destro: Never get caught selling to both sides.

DESTRO
PL: 9 (163 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 3 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception 9 (+13) [Taunt], Expertise [Business] 8 (+12), Expertise [Arms Dealer] 8 (+12), Insight 7 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 7 (+11) [Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 8 (+12) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+12), Sleight of Hand 2 (+6), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 3 (+7), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (5) (Status – Cobra Elite, Wealth 4 [Multi-Millionaire]), Clean* (1), Connected, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (9), Evasion (1), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Firearms), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (5 others, Base: English), Leadership, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack (6), Quick Draw, Takedown (1), Taunt, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(45 pts)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Arsenal: (23 pts)
RPG: Ranged Ballistic Damage 8, Extra: Area Burst 4 (30 ft radius); 20 pts
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 1 pt
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt
Blaster Pistol: Ranged Energy Damage 5; 1 pt
Headquarters: (20 pts)
Castle Destro: Size - L, Tough - 12, Features - Communications, Computer, Defense Systems, Dock, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System, Workshop; 20 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +10 [RPG +8, Burst Area
Firearms +12 [Blaster Pistol +5, Critical 19-20; Assault Rifle +5, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +7 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Despite his greed and violent nature, he does have a code of honor
Motivation: Greed. Destro is in it for money and he will deal with both the Joes and/or Cobra or anyone if they have the money to pay for his services
Relationships: He and The Baroness have a long, off and on relationship
Rivalry: Cobra Commander and Serpentor

Abilities 60 + Skills 41 (82 ranks) + Advantages 39 + Powers 0 + Defenses 23 = 163 / 163

Build Comments: I always liked Destro best of the Joe antagonists. He was always better prepared and smarter than Cobra Commander and his mercenary ways always warmed my heart. But it was the mask that always got me. Even with the cheap 80’s animation, it was cool.

One thing I struggled with was his strength. I thought in some incarnations he had enhanced strength but in others, he was kind of a milksop. So I went with 4 but I guess it could be anywhere from 2 to 5.

Secret Origins: Born in Callander, Scotland, Destro's full name is James McCullen Destro XXIV, and he is Laird of the Castle Destro in the Scottish Highlands. The Destro clan has designed and sold weapons for centuries, and Destro is the faceless power behind their current incarnation—M.A.R.S. (Military Armament Research System), a state-of-the-art weapons manufacturer and one of the largest multinational coprorations in the world.

As a businessman, Destro is cutthroat and unyielding and is able to maintain apartments and office buildings in most major cities of the world. His luxurious lifestyle outdoes most oil sheiks or shipping magnates. War is his business and passion: Destro believes in the spoils of war and the vast wealth M.A.R.S. provides. He hires mercenaries to stir up conflict in dangerous regions, then provides high-tech arms to any side able to meet his price. Continuing a tradition started by the first Destro, he will even sell to both sides of the same war.

The Story so Far: Destro originally joined forces with Cobra to pursue his love for the Baroness. From there things evolved in a very complicated way, Destro and Cobra Commander schemed against each other other several times, up until Cobra Commander brainwashed both Destro and the Baroness to ensure their loyalty. They were able to escape and eventually shake off the mind control. This put Destro in the mood to start severing his links to Cobra and later build his own private army, the Iron Grenadiers.

Over the years Destro has proved both an opponent and an ally for the G.I. Joes. While he usually sided with Cobra or operates on his own, he had allied with them more often than any other Cobra agent, both to simply profit or to repay a debt of honour. His sense of honour caused him to save the whole G.I. Joe team once from total shut down, by revealing the details of some weapon deals between M.A.R.S. and a certain shadow cabinet in the Pentagon.

Destro has a sense of honour and has a calm demeanour and loves Cobra’s second in command the Baroness. It seems his only real loyalties lie with her. He will enter battle either with or against Cobra with his own private army of Iron Grenadiers, depending on which is better for business. Though Destro respects the GI Joe team and their battle skills, he loathes them for wasting such skills on maintaining peace.

Characterization: Destro's key characteristics are his sense of honor, a calm demeanor, and love for Cobra's second-in-command, the Baroness. He wears a mask forged from beryllium steel, a tradition dating back to the English Civil War, when an ancestor of his was caught by Cromwell's men[3] in the act of selling weapons to both sides. Forced to wear a steel mask for his crimes (neither side wanted to execute the ancestor because they still wanted the weapons he sold), the Destro clan has since turned it into a symbol of pride, passing it down from father to son for over 20 generations. He also wears on a neckchain his family crest bearing an ancient Scottish emblem symbolizing absolute power.

Friends and Foes: Destro fancies himself an honorable man, answering to a moral code he alone seems to understand. He has stood with the Commander as often as he has opposed him, and will join forces with the G.I. Joe team if it is good for business. With such wavering loyalties, he has come to respect and befriend many characters, from Joe members Flint and Lady Jaye, to Baroness, and even the Commander's estranged son Billy. However, his strongest connection is to the Baroness, and it is revealed early on that she has shared a romantic relationship with him.

Destro and Cobra Commander despise each other but maintain an alliance of convenience. Although twice the tactician and three times the soldier than Cobra Commander, Destro's sense of honor works to his disadvantage in face of Cobra Commander's ruthlessness.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:51 am

Woodclaw wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:

And he observed that going from Used Car Sales to International Terrorism was actually a reduction in villany.
I was going for that mix of more capable COBRA leader as noted in the comics and the new series combined with the cowardice of the original. A pure original series CC would be about PL2-ish, I would think. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

JetstreamGW
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: J-Mart: Ladies' Weekend - Kryb, Lady Bullseye

Post by JetstreamGW » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:47 pm

ClassDunce wrote:I don't know. Power-Guy was kind of hot.

Over at Project Rooftop a few weeks ago there was an image posted where an artist flipped the gender of the Justice League characters. He drew the Male members as women and female member as a man. It was pretty cool.
These are alright, but I'm not fond of the Batwoman design. Looks too much like Terry McGuiness from Batman Beyond... Also Martian Manhunter-chica looks to me like M'ghan M'orzz. I'd take out the red hair and leave her bald like J'onn is, to distinguish the characters.

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Blitz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Blitz wrote:
catsi563 wrote:He was able to command the hearts and minds of thousands of people alot of them could be considered normal people who just wanted more from life then what the US was offering them--- the tea party would fit in beautifulty with Cobra heck i could see them being a Cobra plot--and ran an entire town((Springfield)) as a terrorist training base under the US's nose.

Easy, Blitz, I'm sure he meant no harm to the Tea Party. The whole "ulterior motive of the power behind the people's party" arc has been done a million times in comics/movie/TV (Cap's foes The Watchdogs for one example). Wait until I post my Obama build in February as part of my African-American History Month-long Special. I can't wait for the comments on THAT. 8)

And as a liberal, I would love it if COBRA was more involved in the Democratic party, at least something would be getting done! :wink:
Not how I read it, but whatever. Your interpretation is interesting, but given that standpoint, the Occupy Wall Street movement is a far, far better fit for a COBRA puppet organization. The Tea Party has rallies where they talk about who they're going to vote for and why, and then they go home. Occupy, on the other hand, illegally sets up camp in public places, has millions of dollars of donations coming in but absolutely no transparency even for its members, refuses to report crimes among members to the police, organizes break-ins and takeovers of property, organizes attacks on gatherings and even oncoming traffic, depletes government resources by costing millions in extra police presence, property damage, etc, beats up children and old ladies, and, despite all that, are still media darlings, even getting their generic participants named TIME's Person of the Year. That seems to me like a far better example of what a COBRA-influenced popular movement looks like.