J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ladies Week: WitchFire

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:48 am

"Every little thing she does is Magic."

Witchfire - PL 10
Profession: Novelist, Place of Residence: Freedom City, New England, Marital Status: Dating, Family: John Mason (father, prison), Donna Cain Mason (Mother, deceased), Jason Mason (Brother), Meagan Cain (Aunt, deceased); Age: 27, Height: 5'8", Weight: 120 lbs, Eyes: Green, Hair: Dark Brown; Allegiances: Girlfriend (Amy), Career, Goals: To finish writing the three books in her trilogy.

Abilities
Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 1, Dexterity 3, Fighting 2, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Advantages
Artificer, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Equipment 3, Improved Critical: Witchfire: Blast 12, Improved Initiative, Languages 3, Luck, Ritualist, Sidekick 9

Skills
Deception 3 (+5), Expertise: Arcane 8 (+11), Expertise: Business 5 (+8), Expertise: History 7 (+10), Expertise: Potions 7 (+10), Expertise: Writing 8 (+11), Insight 10 (+14), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat: Magic 5 (+8)

Powers
Familiar: Senses 1 (magical, Communication Link: Choose Medium)
Magic
. . Fog of Forgetfulness: Cloud Area Affliction 9 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 19; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, Selective)
. . Light of Truth: Senses 7 (Counters All Concealment: Visual, Counters Illusion: Visual)
. . Witches Cauldron: Burst Area Damage 9 (fire, magical, DC 24; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, Penetrating)
. . Witches Curse: Perception Area Damage 9 (fire, magical, DC 24; Alternate Resistance: Will, Perception Area)
. . Witches Draught: Healing 6 (magical; Energizing, Restorative, Stabilize)
. . Witchfire: Blast 12 (fire, magical, DC 27, Advantages: Improved Critical; Homing: 1 extra attempt, Split: 2 targets)
Mason Book of Magic (Removable)
. . Gain advice from the book: Feature 1 (magical)
. . Mason Lore: Enhanced Trait 3 (magical, Expertise +3 (+14), Expertise +3 (+13), Expertise +3 (+13); Limited: Only when using the book)
Witchfire Aura
. . Flight: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
. . Immunity to own powers: Feature 1
. . Quick change: Feature 1
. . Witches Shield: Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Dodge +5 (+8), Parry +5 (+7))
. . Witches Shield: Force Field 12 (+12 Toughness; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank)

Equipment
Car, Cell Phone (Smartphone), Manson House

Offense
Initiative +5
Fog of Forgetfulness: Cloud Area Affliction 9 (DC Will 19)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +3 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 15)
Witches Cauldron: Burst Area Damage 9 (DC 24)
Witches Curse: Perception Area Damage 9 (DC Will 24)
Witchfire: Blast 12, +8 (DC 27)

Complications
Enemy: Her brother Jason Black
Motivation: Doing Good: Feels she has a responsibility to do good, and protect people from supernatural threats.
Prejudice: Lesbian (up to the GM if this applies)
Secret: Being not only a witch, but a super hero.

Languages
Ancient Summerian, English, Hebrew, Indonesian, Sanskrit

Defense
Dodge 8/3, Parry 7/2, Fortitude 5, Toughness 12, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 66 + Advantages 20 + Skills 22 (65 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 150

Salem - PL 10

Strength -2, Stamina 0, Agility 3, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect -2, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
Improved Initiative, Luck

Powers
Invisibility: Invisibility 2 (Total concealment from normal vision)
Jinx: Perception Area Affliction 4 (1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Defenseless, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 14; Perception Area)
Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
Senses: Senses 1 (Communication Link: Jenna)
Senses: Senses 2 (Awareness: Magic, Low-light Vision)
Shrinking: Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidate, +8 Stealth, +4 active defenses, -2 size categories, -1 speed ranks; Permanent)

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 8)
Jinx: Perception Area Affliction 4 (DC Will 14)
Throw, +0 (DC 13)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 13)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 4, Fortitude 3, Toughness 2, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 4 + Powers 33 + Advantages 2 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 45

Background:
Jenna grew up in Salem, Massachussettes. Who had her share of troubles while growing up in an abusive family. Her mother had died in her birth, leaving her father and brother resentful towards her. By the time jenna had reached ten, her father started sexually abusing her. And her brother jason had started to physically abuse her, by the time she was seven. Her brother Jason, really hated jenna. For not only being the cause of his mothers death, but because jason was one hell of a trouble maker. Jenna's only solace was her aunt, which she began to go see quite often. Her aunt megan lived in a small suburb of Freedom City, New England in one of the more older and respected districts.

Where most of the homes were still in good condition, and have stories all their own. It was there that she learned about her "Witch" heritage from her aunt, and Meagan sued for custody of jenna after hearing about the sexual and physical abuse she recieved from her father and brother. Thanks to this, her father was sent to jail. And jason was sent to juvenile for a few years, before he was adopted into a new home. But this would prove to be a mistake, as jason began to learn about the dark crafts from his new family.

Now Jason had always resented his sisters talent for magic, he knew about along time ago. Studying under a Warlock, and a dark coven of demon worshipers. His goal was to kill his sister, and aunt. And then take his aunts book of shadows. Jenna after the court hearings were final, started to live with her aunt megan from the age of 13. She loved living with her aunt, and helped her run the eclectic book / new age store that she did. It was a year later, that jenna had met her first girlfriend Amy Winter. At the age of 14 she was introduced to her lesbian lifestyle she would never move from.

When jenna turned nineteen, was her brother's first attempted to kill her and her aunt. Jason partially succeeded, he did kill his aunt, but jenna had fought him off succussfully, and drove him from Salem for a short period of time. After her Aunt's death, she took over running the the book store and earned her inheritance, and gained her aunts house in the process as well as the book of shadows. The house is a two story house, that has been around for almost two centuries. A year later jenna ended up selling the shop, as it slowly went down in business. With the money, she decided to attend college and start learning what she could there.

The Mason Book of Shadows. A powerful spell book, containing all the knowledge of lore of the women of Mason family. But jenna is constantly worried, that her brother may return and with help. To kill her, and steal the book. She knows her brother consorts with demons and vampires of the worst kind, and its pretty much what she fears the most. During her time at college , she took courses in ancient langauges and occult lore. And in her free time, she started taking writing courses too so she could learn how to write. Jenna started writing a novel by the time she was 23, and after a year she had actually got it published. It was a fantasy novel called the Nekhran Chronicles, about a gay sorceress living in a world full of magic and danger. And coming to terms with her growing power, and sexuality. Soon after the publication of her first book, she graduated from college at the age of 24. Its been two years and she is in the process of completing her second book in her Nekhran series, and in that time she has moved to Freedom City to continue her career. And to explore a life as a super hero. Its also interesting to note, that Jenna and Amy are still together even after twelve years. As a happy couple.

After finishing her 2nd book, she took a break from writing and went on a vacation with Amy to the British Isles, where her love of magic was renewed. So upon their return to freedom city, she was able to to gain some practical training and knowledge in the Arcane arts and expanded her magical knowledge and abilities.

Builders Notes:
Here is an oldie but good, updated to 3E. This character has always had a special place in my heart, one of the few female characters I ever put much depth and detail into. Besides its been awhile since I have contributed to the Mart.

Salem: Jokingly salem is refered as the only man in her life. Salem of course is her cat, but he is more than just that. He is her familiar. And even he has powers of his own, so he is no ordinary dark brown long hair. Protective of his owner, he keeps an eye for supernatural threats. "

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:54 am

LADIES' WEEKEND keeps rolling along with this new item for our X-Verse Line on Aisle 2! But please don't touch this merchandise without the required safety equipment!

I learned that the hard way, boss. I didn't wear gloves when I was putting it out on the shelves and it knocked me out!

I thought Dante stocked this one, Randal?

Um...well, you see...

And when I asked him where you were, he said you were taking a nap in the back room...

Exactly. I went to put it on the shelves, she wiped me out and Dante had to finish up. Scout's honor.

I don't know why I keep you around, you slacker.

Pictures...

Right...carry on.

Ah'm really thrilled to see you again, Mystique. You can kiss me on the cheek, if you like. Pretend it's mother's day. - Rogue

ROGUE
PL: 11 (200 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Deception (+2/+4) [Attractive], Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+6), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive],, Stealth (+3), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack, Teamwork

POWERS:
Power Absorption: Variable 12 (60 pts Traits, Subject's Traits Descriptor; Extra: Action [Move], Linked, Flaw: Limited [to Afflicted subject], Limited [traits are lost when subject recovers from Powers Impaired, Disabled, and/or Transformed conditions]); Power Theft: Affliction 12 (Resisted by Will, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued and Powers Impaired, 2nd: Exhausted and Powers Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated and Transformed [powerless], Extra: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Linked), Memory Absorption: Mind Reading 10 (Extra: Linked, Action [Reaction], Flaw: Range [Close], Uncontrolled); 118 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
X-Men Commlink: Sense 2 (Communication Link [Radio, X-Men]); 2ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2; Power Absorption Affliction +12]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +7, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: Even inadvertent skin-to-skin contact can activate her powers and continued usage of them on a subject can take their powers permanently and/or incapacitate them for a long time, if not kill them
Guilt: Rogue put a boy into a coma when they first kissed, and she's felt horrible about it ever since
Mommy Issues: Having been adopted by Mystique when she was a child, she has feelings for her as a mother, but with all her evil deeds, she hates what she has become
Power Loss: Rogue has to have skin-to-skin contact to utilize powers, making them useless against battlesuits, constructs, etc.
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: Long running off-again, on-again relationship with Gambit, but they do truly love each other

Abilities 40 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 118 + Defenses 20 = 200 / 200

Comments: With Avengers vs. X-Men kicking off, I realized I had been lax in my X-verse building for some time so I figured I had best fix that in case someone decides to do their own AvX or something. Not me, of course, since I SAY I am going to do some fights, then I get hooked on building again and I only have time for one or the other. In the words of Batroc Ze Leapaire, C'est La Vie!

So here is my first 3E run at Rogue in her current state. I sat round for a while and tried to come up with a mechanic for her powers, whipped something up, realized I forgot about the memory absorption, put that in, realized I had forgotten about a limitation about the powers being limited to the subject she’s touching and then I was happy. Then also realized that Taliesin and BARON had build it out pretty much exactly like I did, and I was mad for not checking those builds SOONER!!!

I sense a Ms. Marvel powered version coming eventually.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: LADIES - Hope, Painkiller Jane, Rogue

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:59 am

Nice Rogue, Thorp! :D

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:09 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Nice Rogue, Thorp! :D

Thanks, JD! And thanks for the LADIES WEEKEND submission, always good to see some of your kickin' originals.
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:18 pm

In your face Power Girl!

Cheetah
PL 12

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 6, Dexterity 4, Fighting 11, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers
Cheetah's Fury:
Chrome Plated Claws: Strike 2 [Strength-based; Penetrating 2; Improved Critical] -5 pts
Martial Strike: Strike 2 [Strength-based; Penetrating 2; Check Required 3(Perception)] -1 pt
Rage: Enhanced Strength 2 [Limited(Only when really angry)] -2 pts

Advantages
Agile Feint
All-out Attack
Defensive Attack 1
Defensive Roll 4
Improved Critical 1 [Claws]
Improved Defense
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Power Attack
Prone Fighting
Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 9 (+15), Athletics 9 (+12), Close Combat: Claws 4 (+15), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+15), Deception 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 7 (+13), Vehicles 2 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +10
Chrome Plated Claws +15, Damage 5, Improved Critical(18-20), Penetrating 2
Martial Strike +15, Damage 5, Penetrating 2
Raging Chrome Plated Claws +15, Damage 7, Improved Critical(18-20), Penetrating 2
Raging Martial Strike +15, Damage 7, Penetrating 2
Chrome Plated Claws with Martial Strike +15, Damage 7, Improved Critical(18-20), Penetrating 4
Raging Chrome Plated Claws with Martial Strike +15, Damage 9, Improved Critical(18-20), Penetrating 4

Defense
Dodge 14, Parry 14
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 4), Fortitude 8, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 66 + Powers 8 + Advantages 15 + Skills 28 + Defenses 21 = Total 138

Complications
Enemy: Wonder Woman.
Obsession: Cheetah is a radical environmentalist.
Pawn: Cheetah unquestionably follows her master Kobra's orders.
Temper: Cheetah is quick to anger.

Design Notes
This is Cheetah a Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman enemy. Offensively she is PL 12 using her claws while angry. Defensively she is PL 11 using Dodge/Parry and Toughness. Deborah Domaine was a wealthy debutant and niece to the original Cheetah Priscilla Rich. As a teenager on one of her vacations she came upon a goose matted with oil. She took it to the veternarian but it died overnight. This saddened her and she became a staunch environmentalist. She joined a militant group known as the Organizatio for Ecological Sanity. She patroled the Chesepeake Bay in her yacht and met up with Wonder Woman who was repairing a damaged oil tanker. She invited Wonder Woman onto her yacht to get cleaned off. Later she went to visit her sick aunt Priscilla Rich after recieving a letter from her. Deborah found her aunt in bed very sick. With her dying breath she wanted to tell her niece about her past but not while he was out there. She then told her to runwhile holding her niece in a death grip. Deborah jumped back from her dead aunt and was knocked out as a cheetah mannequin fell on top of her. Kobra agents came in wanting to recruit Priscilla Rich but since she was dead took her niece instead. As a prisoner of Kobra they made her watch endless tapes of environmental disasters and abuse towards animals. This drove her crazy and afterwards she became an environmental terrorist willing to kill any who oppose her. This brought her into conflict with Wonder Woman. Later on she became a member of the Secret Society of Super Villians under the Ultra-Humanite.
Cheetah's stats can be hard to figure out. She went against Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman after all who's power level can be all over the place as well. The comics as well as Who's Who references do not give her any superhuman abilities. They do mention that she is a master of many forms of combat. So her rage gives her low level superhuman strength added with her martial strike she can definitely do some superhuman feats like punching through armored plexiglass. The Cheetah will definitely go in for the kill if the oppurtunity presents itself using all out and power attack. Though she is clever enough to use agile feint to set up her foes.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:18 pm

I posted this since I know how much you like this pic. :lol:

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:06 pm

scc wrote:I posted this since I know how much you like this pic. :lol:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

HOORAY FOR FANSERVICE!!! :mrgreen:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:22 pm

LADIES' WEEKEND is hoppin' today! Check out the builds from co-conspirators scc and Joshua Dunlow in addition to this new build for Aisle 2!

Baby, your'e a firework...

JUBILEE
PL: 10 (139 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+11) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception 9 (+11) [Taunt], Expertise [Popular Culture] 7 (+8), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 4 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Spanish, Mandarin, Base: English), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Set-Up (1), Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Paf Array: 30 pt array, 32 pts
Dazzling Burst: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft radius], Cumulative, Flaw: Limited [one sense]); 30 pts
Firework Burst: Cone Area Light Damage 10 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft cone], Selective); 1 pt
Focused Dazzle: Perception Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Cumulative, Flaw: Limited [one sense]); 1 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
X-Men Commlink: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, X-Men, X-Mansion]); 2ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +4
Special Attack [Firework Cone +10, Area Cone; Dazzling Burst Affliction +10, Area Burst; Focused Dazzle +10, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Blabbermouth: Jubilee yaps all the time, much to the chagrin of her teammates and even more so to her opponents
Disability: Jubilee suffers from dyscalculia (math learning disability)
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: She is close to Wolverine, who is like a father figure to her, and Tim Drake-Wayne, who she has had a flirtatious relationship with for a while

Abilities 40 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 32 + Defenses 26 = 139 / 139

Comments: And how late 80’s, early 90’s was Jubilee? Or at least what the writers THOUGHT a late 80's/early 90's teen should act like. :wink:

Granted her schtick was dated, but I really hope she gets her powers back now that she's matured. I'm digging her as a vampire. She annoyed me back in the day, but I kinda miss that annoyance now. Oh, and just to prove my complication involving Mr. Drake-Wayne...

It was on like Donkey Kong during the big DC/Marvel crossover event! And I felt it should carry over into the Thorpacoverse. Although, there is another X-girl that has it for Tim now, too, and the conflict is inevitable...
Shop J-Mart!

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ladies Week: Phaedra

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:25 pm

I couldn't believe I didn't put such a stellar babe on Jmart till now! I know Randal will enjoy stocking this particular item.

"I give new meaning to Heavenly bodies. "

Phaedra (Pl 15/225pp)
Real Name: Sarah Donovan, Origin: Meta Human, Profession: Astronomer for the Goddard Institute (Costumed adventurer), Marital Status: Single (not looking), Place of Birth: Fort Pierce, Florida, Place of Residence: New York City, NY, Family: Jason Donovan (father, 51), Donna Donovan (mother, 50), Greg Donovan (27), Age: 29, Height: 5’8 (6’3 as Phaedra), Weight: 132 (167), Eyes: Green (violet), Hair: Blonde (White)

Abilities [90pp]: Strength 13, Stamina 12, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 4, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Defenses [19pp]: Dodge +8, Fortitude +12, Parry +10, Toughness +15, Will +15

Offenses: Initiative +8/+0, Unarmed +14 (dc28), Cosmic Blast +14 (dc 30), Cosmic String +14 (dc 25)

Skills [18pp]: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+12), Expertise: Astronomy 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Cosmic Control 10 (+12), Technology 2 (+6)

Advantages [12pp]: All out Attack, Attractive 2, Benefit 3 (Security clearance, Wealthy 2), Close Combat 2, Power Attack, Range Combat 2

Powers [86pp]:
Hyper Flight: Flight 7 + Movement (Space Travel 1)
- AE: Quickness 7 + Speed 7 + Improved Initiative 2
Impervious: Impervious Toughness 12 + Protect 3
Space Worthy: Immunity 15 (life support, gravity)
Super Senses 5 [Dark Vision (extended), Cosmic Awareness (radius, extended)]
Cosmic Energy Control [30 pt Array, +4 AE’s ]
Base: Cosmic Blast 15 (Blast)
· AE: Cosmic String 10 (Blast , Penetrating)
· AE: Gravity Blanket 15(Move Object [Extras: Area (burst), Selective; Flaws: Range (touch, -1), limited (to and from the ground)])
· AE: Gravitic Beam 15(Move Object [Extra: Perception, Flaws: Limited (Only to or away from her)])
· AE: Enhanced Hyper Flight [Flight 7 + Movement (Space travel) 2]

Complications:
· Identity: Two Forms. Phaedra and Sarah are different people , well at least physically. And Sarah has none of the powers of her Alter Ego.
· Fame: As Phaedra she is an American Icon in my Millennium Verse.
· Secret: Phaedra’s secret identity is , Sarah Donovan.
· Responsibility: Sarah has a responsibility to not only NASA, but the U.S. Government. Since they fund her lifestyle. She works in their Stargazer program.
· Motivation: Doing Good. Sarah loves to do good when ever she can.

Background:
Meet Phaedra aka Sarah Donovan , this is a character idea of mine from way back. A shy antisocial astronomer , who dreamed and peered up at the stars. Seeking something more than a boring humdrum life. The daughter of Naval Recruiter, and Elementary school teacher. She showed an immediate interest in the Night sky.

What Sarah didn’t know was that she was a meta-human, and that day dreaming finally culminated in her ability to travel to the stars. She's become one of the most popular hero's in her time, because of her work with NASA and the Government. She has full security clearance, and an alternate identity to keep her cover a complete secret. It helps that Sarah can change her appearance, when she turns into Phaedra.

Phaedra has the power cosmic, and she can do quite a lot with it. Including manipulating things from a distance. With her powers she has the ability to visit other galaxies given time, and can even use extra effort to visit alternate dimensions & realities. Which she has done by complete accident and sent her on a wild adventure of her own. As a member of the Stargazer project, she works closely with other scientists trying to prove the existance of other planets. Which is where she comes into the picture, sometimes working closely with another Meta Human who goes by the name Stargazer.

Builder’s Notes:
Phaedra is a big leaguer I decided to put her up on the same scales as some of the other DC people. This also makes my first Official DC character conversion, because I wanted to see how she would look in the DCU. I liked how simplified space travel, strength, & morph became, it made things a lot easier. The big thing that changed were the Defense scores, and I had to down grade quite a few things. As you can see Phaedra is more useful in space adventures. As I made up my new 3E thread, I decided to revisit this build. And just made things a lot more simpler. And used the Identity complication instead of creating a Empowered form. And decided to lower a few things here and there, to make her stand out a bit more. Since she was my first build, I’ve learned a lot so far.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:20 pm

We've got one more item for Aisle 1 here this first night of LADIES' WEEKEND!

Her hobby is hunting down the best fighters in the world and beating them to death with her bare hands.
-- Barbara Gordon

LADY SHIVA
PL: 12 (214 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15) [Accelerated Acrobatics, Agile Feint], Athletics 10 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+21), Deception (+3), Expertise [Magic] 5 (+8), Expertise [Streetwise] 9 (+12), Insight 15 (+22) [Assessment, Skill Mastery], Intimidation 10 (+13), Investigation 6 (+9), Perception 12 (+19), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+15), Stealth 8 (+15), Treatment 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Acrobatics*, Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit (1) (Status – World’s Deadliest Martial Artist), Close Attack (4), Damaging Escape*, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Defensive Strike*, Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Martial Artists), Follow-Up Strike*, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1 [3]), Improved Trip, Languages (2) (English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack (7), Redirect, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (1) (Insight), Takedown (2), Trance, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Body Language Reading: Immunity 5 (Interaction Effects), Senses 1 (Danger Sense [Visual]), Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Advantages 4 (Defensive Strike, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge) (Flaw: Resistible by Will [vs. Insight]); 7 pts
Leopard Blow: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous 4, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7 (+15 with Body Language Reading)
Close Attack +18
Unarmed +21 [Unarmed +3, Critical 18-20]
Leopard Blow +18 [Leopard Blow +6, Critical 16-20]
Ranged Attack +13
Throwing +15

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 (+16 with Body Language Reading) [DC24/26] Parry +14 (+16 with Body Language Reading) [DC24/26]
Toughness +8 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +10, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Lady Shiva is driven to perfect her martial-arts skills
Relationships: Shiva has some level of maternal feelings for her daughter, Cassandra Cain. She also seems to have an affiniity for Black Canary and Barbara Gordon (from her time as Oracle).
Rivalry: She has a long running rivalry with Shang-Chi about who is the world's greatest martial artist.

Abilities 96 + Skills 46 (92 ranks) + Advantages 41 + Powers 11 + Defenses 20 = 214 / 214

Build Comments: I had to rework Lady Shiva for the Thorpacoverse. Her DCA build was really cool but a bit too powerful for my personal taste. This build puts her more in line with the top martial artists in my setting. She's tied with Shang-Chi as a full PL12 on offense and 11.5 on defense. So in most cases she should win against Shang, Iron Fist, Batman, etc. but it's not going to be a situation where they are big underdogs.

Secret Origins: Sandra Wu-San, alias Lady Shiva is one of the world's greatest martial artist, possibly the best. Not much is known about her before the murder of her sister, Carolyn. After her sister was murdered, a rich and powerful criminal named Cravat convinced Sandra that a 'spy' named Richard Dragon had killed her. There was a spark of what Sandra would become in her even then. Cravat saw that spark in Sandra and took advantage of her, sending her after Dragon for reasons of his own. Dragon was a world class martial artist. Knowing that she would have to be well-trained to avenge her sister, Sandra trained herself in martial arts. As she trained, she found that she had a natural inborn skill for the movements and the techniques. Her skills increased at an unheard of speed until she felt as though she was ready to find and challenge Dragon.

The Story so Far: The battle she craved was not to be. After tracking Richard Dragon down, he managed to explain that Cravat had lied about the identity of Carolyn's killer. Cravat had used her for his own purposes in an attempt to kill Dragon. With this revelation and no knowledge available to her as to who actually had killed her sister, Sandra's purpose vanished. There was no need for her extensive martial knowledge and all of the training she had done. Seeing the potential for great things in her, Dragon continued to teach Sandra, the training giving her purpose again. He also coaxed her to explore the spiritual side of martial arts. During that exploration of herself and the mystic world, Sandra discovered what she saw as important truths. These discoveries helped her decide to let go of her past and to embark upon a new life, a new future - from then on she was Sandra no more, renaming herself Shiva.

After her reinvention, she fought crime with Richard Dragon and Ben Turner. Her time as a crime fighter lasted for a short time. This time, in its brevity, prepared her for the wandering existence her life would become. Richard Dragon decided to retire into the mountains, becoming reclusive. Ben Turner was brainwashed and eventually transformed into the Bronze Tiger. Shiva sought a path closer to her perception of her true self.

Shiva decided to go with her skills and natural talents, continuing to perfect her martial arts. During her time with Richard Dragon she had become addicted to combat and life-or-death situations. Already a very accomplished martial artist, Shiva hired herself out as a mercenary in order to finance her activities and training. While doing right had been a factor in her life previously, it was becoming less and less of a consideration as she followed the path she set for herself. Her considerable skills allowed her to ask a high price for her services and there were plenty of takers.

Shiva was once hired to kill Victor Sage, The Question. She defeated him with ease. After his defeat, he was shot in the head and dumped into the river. Having seen something in him, maybe having been impressed by his potential skill, she saved him, fishing him out of the river. Shiva took him into the mountains to meet her former sensei, Richard Dragon, so he could have the same chances to refine and improve upon his skill. They have encountered each other from time to time since then. Almost every time Shiva tests his skills against her own. Sage has become a measuring stick for Shiva and she has been heard to comment that his skills are among the best in the world.

Shiva continued to sell her services as a mercenary for the money and the challenge it brought her. Eventually, she crossed paths with the League of Assassins, as well as its leader, Ra's al Ghul. Ra's handed most of the operations over to Shiva, which would bring about a struggle for control between the two of them later on. Though Shiva’s primary concern is the perfection of her skills, she has kept close ties with the League over the years.

Shiva was also hired to train prospective assassins, mercenaries or terrorists. She also began to track down those who referred to themselves as Shihan, "Master", or any other title proclaiming mastery of a martial arts form. She would learn what she could from them and depending on their skill, kill them when they were of no further use to her. Shiva’s decision whether or not to kill a particular opponent seem to be based on whimsy. During this time, while seeking out Green Arrow with Sensei for a mission, she encountered and fought with Black Canary.

Later, Shiva developed a specific interest in Koroshi, master of the art of empty-handed fighting, after hearing that he had been defeated. Any time a true martial arts master is defeated, Shiva does her best to verify the fact and discover how it was accomplished. After gaining no information from Koroshi himself, she started to look for the man rumored to have defeated him, King Snake, to get the information from him instead. During her search, she met Timothy Drake, who was undergoing training to become the new Robin. Tim Drake was fighting King Snake's criminal organization, the Ghost Dragons, with the help of a DEA agent, Clyde Rawlins. Shiva trained Tim in martial arts generally and specifically in one weapon - he chose the bo staff. Shiva mentioned, somewhat derisively, that it was not a lethal weapon, to which he replied that was the reason he had chosen it. At the end of his training, he defeated Shiva once, with the bo as his weapon. She gifted him with a collapsible bo staff.

King Snake was creating a virulent plague. The three attempted to stop them from releasing it but the Ghost Dragons escaped with a few of the canisters. After tracking them to Hong Kong, they eventually defeated King Snake, though Rawlins died in the attempt and Shiva mostly watched the proceedings. Shiva ordered Robin to kill King Snake while he hung from a building, though he refused to do so. Shiva kicked King Snake off the cliff to his death, though later it would be revealed that he did not actually die.

After Bane broke the Batman's back, he sought out Shiva to help him regain what the skills and fighting spirit which he had lost. She deemed him unworthy of her efforts. Out of respect for what and who he was before his back was broken, she devised a training regimen for him. As part of this training, Shiva killed an armless sensei in Gotham City while wearing a tengu mask, making sure that his best student witnessed the death. There were plenty who sought revenge or to challenge Shiva. Shiva then made Batman wear the tengu mask while performing training missions. He was taken by surprise when he was attacked by the master's students, who mistook him for Shiva. He defeated all of them in turn. Shiva was attempting to "complete" Batman's training by manipulating him into killing an opponent. Batman fooled Shiva into believing he had done so, using a false imitation of the Leopard Blow technique she had taught him. Shiva later discovered the truth, but did not seek vengeance.

After the earthquake in Gotham, the Brotherhood of the Monkey Fist held a martial arts tournament in the ruined city, attempting to prove their worthiness and skill after having been dishonored. Under the alias "Paper Monkey", she fought and defeated many other competitors. Her final opponent was Green Arrow (Connor Hawke). Though it was a very close and taxing contest, Shiva was the winner. Robin had saved Shiva's life previously and asked her not to kill Connor, trading a life for a life. After warning Robin that using the favor now meant she would challenge and kill him when he was older, she refrained from killing Connor. Over the years, Shiva amassed groups of followers who seem to worship her as an incarnation of Shiva, the Hindu goddess of death. Shiva pays them little attention, other than occasionally using them as lackeys or killing them when it suits her whims. Some of her followers have even created temples to honor her victories. There was one such temple in Gotham, which she destroyed. There are likely others found around the world. Her followers are nearly as obsessed as she is, though they do not come close to matching her skills.

Shiva later sought out Cassandra Cain, the new Batgirl, in order to test her skill. Having heard that she was a fighter with legendary talent, Shiva was disappointed to find her barely able to defend herself. Batgirl had been raised in isolation by her father, the assassin David Cain, who never taught her how to speak, read, or write any language. Instead, she developed a phenomenal ability to analyze the body language of others, which, coupled with the martial arts training she received, made her an incomparable fighter. After being gifted with an understanding of language by a psychic whom she had rescued, she lost her talent for understanding body language.

Shiva and Batgirl struck a deal: Shiva would re-teach the girl the skills she had lost and in return, Cassandra Cain would face her in a battle to the death one year later. Shiva appeared to fight Batgirl at the Forum of The Twelve Caesars. Initially, Shiva defeated Batgirl, rendering her clinically dead. Realizing that Batgirl had not given her all, Shiva revived her. Batgirl admitted to Shiva that she had been fighting suicidally, harboring a death wish due to the fact that Cain had forced her to kill a man with her bare hands when she was only a child. Her ability to perfectly understand the agony of her victim traumatized Batgirl. Having now overcome her death wish, Batgirl fought Shiva again, shattering the sword she wielded. In the midst of battle, Batgirl accused Shiva of having a death wish herself and that she was really only traveling the world and fighting other martial artists in search of her own death. Batgirl defeated Shiva by breaking her jaw, but refused to kill her.

Shiva later claimed that she is Cassandra's real mother. She engaged Cassie in one last battle to satisfy her 'death wish'. Cassandra left Shiva apparently dead, although near a Lazarus pit.

Having switched places with Black Canary in order to allow them both to experience each other's life experiences, Shiva joined Oracle's covert team of female operatives known as the Birds of Prey (with Canary hoping that spending time with them would soften Shiva), using the name "Jade Canary". However, she retained her hard and cold personality. Oracle semi-seriously refers to Shiva as being possibly sociopathic. Barbara Gordon refuses to call Shiva by the Jade Canary title, even though Shiva (as part of the deal with Canary) has taken to wearing Black Canary's boots and trademark fishnet stockings (even though she hates wearing them).

During one mission, Oracle's team confronted the villain Prometheus, whose helmet allows him to copy the skills of 30 of the world's greatest martial artists, including Shiva herself. This had allowed him a victory against Batman in the past. Shiva believed that his files on her would be out of date, as well as that she would be able to defeat her "old self". She seemed unconcerned about the skills of the other 29 fighters and apparently decided to attack Prometheus head-on. Prometheus, however, had more up-to-date files than Shiva suspected and in three seconds had knocked her to the ground. After this defeat, Shiva vanished, leaving a message for Black Canary: "Tell the Canary, I release her."

Stripped of her chance to mold Black Canary in her own image, stripped of Sin (the young girl who was next in line as her successor), Shiva was last seen talking to Bethany Thorne, daughter of the late Crime Doctor Bradford Thorne. It appears that she is yet again hoping to train a new heir in the art of her lethal form of martial arts.

Still, although Shiva is no longer an active member of the Birds of Prey, she continues to be protective of her former teammates. Such is the case when the Birds of Prey were being threatened by Spy Smasher who attempts to steal control away from Oracle. After a mission in Russia, Oracle and Spy Smasher fight against one another for control of the team. Although Oracle is unable to use her legs, she is victorious, though Spy Smasher attempts to go back on their deal. Unfortunately, she is confronted outside by every single Birds of Prey agent Oracle has ever recruited, who warn her against ever going after Oracle ever again. Amongst them was Lady Shiva. Later, when Barbara asks the others who called Shiva, no one responded.

Characterization: Shiva is rivaled only by a select few, including Shang-Chi, Batman, Richard Dragon, Shen Kuei. Iron Fist, Cassandra Cain and a select few others, as the greatest martial artist in the world. Among all of them, though, she is no doubt the deadliest, having killed more people than she can count in her pursuit of martial arts perfection.

Friends and Foes: She seems to have a protective nature of Cassandra Cain and Black Canary, even though she sees them as rivals at times. She constantly seeks out new martial arts masters to test herself against so she has developed a number of rivals and enemies.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: LADIES- Hope, Painkiller Jane, Rogue, Jubilee, Shiva

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm not sure I understand your Shiva's Leopard Blow power-what do you mean Multiattack only on Damage?

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:I'm not sure I understand your Shiva's Leopard Blow power-what do you mean Multiattack only on Damage?

With the RAW Multiattack, you can attack multiple opponents and I didn't want her to able to use it for that (and obviously not Cover Fire :wink:), only for the +2/+5 damage. On a regular Multiattack close attack, I would generally rule that you could hit multiple targets in a 5 ft range.
Shop J-Mart!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Ah, I see. I've wondered if using Multiattack at Close Range warranted a Quirk like that, or if it was just part of how the power was supposed to function at close range.

I do like that you gave the Leopard Blow the Uses flaw, though. That was one thing I didn't like about her official build-she doesn't use it all the time in comics, but if you don't give the build some sort of mechanic to represent that, what's to stop a prospective GM or player?

Well, a complication could do it, I suppose.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Ah, I see. I've wondered if using Multiattack at Close Range warranted a Quirk like that, or if it was just part of how the power was supposed to function at close range.

I do like that you gave the Leopard Blow the Uses flaw, though. That was one thing I didn't like about her official build-she doesn't use it all the time in comics, but if you don't give the build some sort of mechanic to represent that, what's to stop a prospective GM or player?

Well, a complication could do it, I suppose.

I totally agree about the Leopard Blow. I see that with a lot of "signature moves" in the core builds. I always try to put flaws like that on major moves to try and keep the feel of a real fight. Shiva rarely breaks out the Leopard Blow, or Iron Fist the Iron Fist right off the bat in most fights unless they are going up against a powerhouse. If they're fighting mooks or another martial artist, those save those until they really need them or are going for a finishing move.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:53 pm

We keep LADIES' WEEKEND alive with this new item!

Now that's some good old fashioned fanservice right there, folks.

WITCHBLADE (SARA PEZZINI)
PL: 12 (183 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13/+7), Deception (+3/+5) [Attractive], Expertise [Magic] 1 (+3), Expertise [Police] 5 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+7), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 2 (+5), Investigation 6 (+8) [Contacts], Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+3/+5) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Pistols] 4 (+7), Ranged Combat [Weapon Array] 7 (+10), Stealth 3 (+6), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (1) (Police Clearance), Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (3), Extraordinary Effort, Languages (1), Power Attack

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (WITCHBLADE): Close Attack (6), Favored Foe (Darklings), Favored Foe (Angelus Warriors), Improved Initiative (1), Seize Initiative, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
The Witchblade: 84 pts traits, Removable (-17 pts), Extra: Indestructible, Restricted [Deemed "worthy" by Witchblade], Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 68 pts
Body Armor: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Protection 8, Impervious 5; 22 pts
Symbiotic Adaptations: Enhanced Advantages 11 (see Advantages), Flight 4 (32 mph, Flaw: Winged), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling, Slow Fall), Variable 3 (15 pts traits, Flaw: Limited [Adaptations related to type of threat]); 37 pts
Divine Weapon Array: 32 pt array; 36 pts
Witchblade Blast: Ranged Damage 14 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Variable Descriptor 2 [Any elemental]); 32 pts
Witchblade Barrage: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack); 1 pt
Tendrils: Move Object 9 (Extra: Damaging, Improvised Weapons, Reach 3 [20 ft], Flaw: Range [Close]); 1 pt
Weapon Summoning: Strength-based Damage 5, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical [Witchblade Weapons], (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Slashing/Bludgeoning]); 1 pt
Healing: Healing 12 (Extra: Resurrection, Stabilize); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology), Tiny; 1ep
Flashlight: Feature 1 (Illumination), Tiny; 1ep
Arsenal: (7ep)
Light Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3; 75ft range, Small; 6ep
Tonfa, Medium: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Medium; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +5
Witchblade Close Attack +11 [Tendrils +8; Witchblade Weapons +7, Critical 19-20; Tonfa +3]
Unarmed +7
Witchblade Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +2; Witchblade Weapons (Claws) +7, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Pistols +7 [Light Pistol +3]
Witchblade +10 [Witchblade Blast +14; Witchblade Barrage +10, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +12, Fortitude +6, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Battle for Control: The Witchblade has a mind of its own and oftentimes fights Sara for control or drags Sara into dangerous situations that she would rather avoid
Enemy: Kenneth Irons
Flashbacks: The Witchblade can reveal it's past, and the past of its former bearers to the current wielder, sometimes at inopportune times
Motivation: To user the Witchblade for good and to protect the general public as she swore to do as a police office
Relationships: Her daughter, Hope, Jackie Estacado (it's complicated), Danielle Baptiste, her sister Julie and she has a strong working relationship with The Magdalena, Patience
Rivalry: The Witchblade has a mind of its own at times, and even if Sara doesn't, it has a strong desire to attack and or defend itself against Excalibur, The Darkness and The Angelus

Abilities 46 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 65 + Defenses 22 = 183 / 183

Comments: One of the newest members of The Outsiders, and the sole wielder of the Witchblade on Earth-217, Sara Pezzini. My plan is have all the big teams have a mixture of characters from different universes and Sara seemed like a great fit for The Outsiders. She is generally involved in street level matters thanks to her real job as a cop, even though she wields a powerful mystic weapon. And the characters she's often involved with in mystic matters like The Magdalena, The Darkness and The Angelus would all make good allies or antagonists for the team.

Especially Jackie. He'd be really good in a "is he on our side or not?" type of role. I need to get on statting him up, I do so love that character.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”