Feedback follow-up

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Feedback follow-up

Postby Paragon » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:33 pm

I'm afraid I still am not sure I'm understanding how this works. Let me give a couple examples, and perhaps you can tell me what would happen mechanically and it would clarify it for me.

In both these cases, assume a PL 10 character has these powers, just in case it matters.

1. Character has Create Object with Feedback, and has a rank 8 wall of material up between himself and opponents. Two opponents hit the wall (which should be fairly easy), and it has to make two Toughness saves. It makes one and fails the other by six. What does its creator do or take at this point?

2. Character has Telekinesis with Feedback, and someone hits the spectral hand with an attack. What is the process at this point?
And we by this sole token;
Know we once were gods;
Take shame in being broken;
No matter how great the odds.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: Feedback follow-up

Postby Steve Kenson » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:16 pm

Paragon wrote:1. Character has Create Object with Feedback, and has a rank 8 wall of material up between himself and opponents. Two opponents hit the wall (which should be fairly easy), and it has to make two Toughness saves. It makes one and fails the other by six. What does its creator do or take at this point?

The failed Toughness save results in feedback: the wall's creator makes a Will save against the same damage class as the second impact, with a +8 bonus to the creator's normal Will save modifier (the power's rank).

2. Character has Telekinesis with Feedback, and someone hits the spectral hand with an attack. What is the process at this point?

Telekinesis is something of a special case, since it doesn't technically have a "physical manifestation" as such, but if the telekinetic "hand" is hit, the character makes a Will save (with Telekinesis rank as a bonus) against the damage class of the attack (note that Ultimate Power is somewhat in error in this regard).
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”