Insanity in Bedlam: The Hands of Prometheus

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Locked
User avatar
kipling
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1863
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:02 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Contact:

Insanity in Bedlam: The Hands of Prometheus

Post by kipling » Sat May 03, 2008 6:48 pm

The Mother of Inventions

May 6 was a lovely day, even in Bedlam City. Oh, the heat made the trash stink, and the wind carried that smell even into the exclusive Stone Ridge gated communities. There was another missing kid, the ninth in a year: a girl this time; the Wolfram aerospace company finally reported the theft of an electronics shipment; three Latinos injured at Hardwick Park in a gang fight died at hospital; and a shipping company announced it would stop using Bedlam City's harbor at the end of the year. But it had been a lovely day.

Then dusk settled like a stifling blanket on the city.

And in three different parts of Bedlam City, at slightly different times, groups of people screamed.

At Bedlam General Hospital, off Industrial Drive, there were two....not people any more, but carapaced human-machine hybrids. They were as tall as thirteen-year-olds, but their mechanical arms and legs were far too big, adult-sized; their bodies were covered in metallic carapaces that looked welded together from airplane parts, and their heads were mostly human, except for the superstructures that held their eyes in, one each, glowing red in the night.

Security guards had drawn guns and were facing them down.

(OOC: The Night Wolf is near this one--the player can figure out the reason and whether the Night Wolf is normal or in altered form--and hears the screams.

Five minutes later, in Wolverton, two of the hybrids approached the small bungalow that held the Wolverton Free Clinic. Gang members saw them, presumed the precious neutrality of their resource was going, and had pulled out pistols. No shots had been fired yet. There was a feral look in the remaining eye of each hybrid.

(OOC: Osmosis and LongArm are both near this one, and both hear the screams. Again, the players can decide on the reason they are out and whether the character is in uniform.)

At about that time, in the huge halls of the Liberty Shoppes mall, also in Wolverton, where gang kids roam and there are only a few stores left open, a crowd has gathered because someone saw another pair of these hybrids through the huge skylight of the mall. They seem to be on the roof. They have already punched one hole through the roof.

(OOC: Psyclaws is in the Liberty Shoppes mall, grabbing a hasty bite while trying to get clues on her escaped assassin, the Mechanite. You can have the DC 15 information free--or roll for more detailed information. Three-quarters of the mall is dark and no longer occupied; near the food court is the megaplex, a drugstore, and a couple of stands that sell T-shirts and drug paraphanalia, respectively.

(DC 15: The Mechanite is an android thief and assassin and muscle for hire. She's never been caught, largely because she stays away from supers.

(Psyclaws hears the screams; player's choice on whether she's in uniform or not.)

(OOC: Oh, and I'll need Initiative rolls from everyone.)
Last edited by kipling on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stories: Occult Investigation, Freedom City, Listening to the Universe
Not sick now, the tumour is out--thanks for wondering!

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5693
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Pekin, IL

Post by Michuru81 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:30 pm

OSMOSIS’ AUDIOLOG – Tuesday, May 6, 2008: After closing the library for the night, Paul retreated to our lair. Even his coworkers dared not to tread in the catacombs they called a basement. It was here that we made our home, though his driver’s license and employee file would list it as otherwise.

Paul hastily made our nightly meal of Ramen noodles whilst I reacquainted myself with my notes from several weeks ago; I’m sick and tired of eating this cheap swill but, hey, beggars can’t be choosers.

I ran my hand over today’s newspapers and took in what was happening in my world. I sifted through the local interest that polluted the newsprint and found that the three injured in a gang fight in Hardwick Park died. An aerospace company reported the theft of an electronics shipment and a shipping company announced it would stop using Bedlam City’s harbor at the end of the year: there may be a connection and I flagged it to investigate further at a later opportunity.

What caught my attention was that a child had been abducted: a girl, age unknown. She makes nine missing children in a year; likely that this a case of raptio unrelated to the eight previous counts of asportation but in the off-chance this may lead to the unpunished abductor, I will investigate further… I will have to obtain the names of her parents and a description of the child. Paul has it in his head that my preparations are to save the children; Paul is a romantic fool: my only goal is to punish the one who has transgressed the law.

After I checked the batteries in my flashlight and counted the rounds in my six-shooter, I was almost ready to set out. The phonebook didn’t take up much room in my head but I would need to store some other information: the usual, I ran my hand over the cover of a chemistry book. It was handy to have on hand, even if it meant enduring Paul’s remarks concerning Angus MacGyver.
Michuru81 wrote:OOC: Osmosis drops 5 points from his pool to nab 10 ranks in Craft (chemical) and Knowledge (physical sciences). In addition to the phonebook, he generally absorbs a map of the city to grab 10 ranks in Survival (Mastermind’s Manual, page 28, suggests that navigation falls under Survival, despite the description provided in the core book), a stack of newspapers for 10 ranks in Knowledge (current events) and four translation guides, giving him American Sign Language, Arabic, French and Spanish as additional languages.


Slipping into my ratty trench coat, I was ready to get to work. I slip out of the library and limp my way to my van, cursing the phantom pain I’ve been feeling lately: it’s never a good sign… not that I believe in portents and omens.

I have a contact who works at the Wolverton Free Clinic. He might be able to get me something on this missing girl. All I need is a lead: her parents names can take me to her home and let me sweep over her room. There’s bound to be evidence there- something that widens the trail…

As I neared the bungalow, I saw them… mechanical monstrosities straight from the science fiction section. I can still see their glowing red eyes… and I can remember thinking: you’re just a detective; leave this for the supers. These bangers want to get killed by some strange hybrid of man and machine, so be it. The robots will save me the bullets later on down the road. Besides, someone had to build them. Odds are, that person has more. Why waste the energy fighting the minions when one could so easily punish their creator?
Michuru81 wrote:OOC: Osmosis rolls a 6 (7 – 1) on his initiative check. He takes no action and only observes for the time being…
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Yinnyari
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:10 am
Contact:

The Mother of Inventions

Post by Yinnyari » Sun May 04, 2008 4:56 am

Image
May 6 was a lovely day, even in Bedlam City. Oh, the heat made the trash stink, and the wind carried that smell even into the exclusive Stone Ridge gated communities. There was another missing kid, the ninth in a year: a girl this time; the Wolfram aerospace company finally reported the theft of an electronics shipment; three Latinos injured at Hardwick Park in a gang fight died at hospital; and a shipping company announced it would stop using Bedlam City's harbor at the end of the year. But it had been a lovely day.

Then dusk settled like a stifling blanket on the city.

At about that time, in the huge halls of the Liberty Shoppes mall, also in Wolverton, where gang kids roam and there are only a few stores left open, a crowd has gathered because someone saw another pair of these hybrids through the huge skylight of the mall. They seem to be on the roof. They have already punched one hole through the roof.

(OOC: Psyclaws is in the Liberty Shoppes mall, grabbing a hasty bite while trying to get clues on her escaped assassin, the Mechanite. You can have the DC 15 information free--or roll for more detailed information. Three-quarters of the mall is dark and no longer occupied; near the food court is the megaplex, a drugstore, and a couple of stands that sell T-shirts and drug paraphanalia, respectively.

(DC 15: The Mechanite is an android thief and assassin and muscle for hire. She's never been caught, largely because she stays away from supers.

(Psyclaws hears the screams; player's choice on whether she's in uniform or not.)
The Arrival
A long trip on a Greyhound bus, something that everyone should experience at least once in life. Alice vowed to get herself some decent transport for the return journey. The numbness of sitting in the same seat for the best part of two days was only enhanced by the jerk who sat next to her. Alice knew all about him, his wife, how they met and got married in China. To him it was as if the sun shone out of China's backside. When the bus arrived in Bedlam Alice was quick to get her somewhat heavy sports bag and walk rather than wait for a Taxi.

Liberty Shoppes
Hauling the sports bag into a shopping maul Alice began her search for some food, she was famished after the trip. This maul sadly had little to offer, unless you happened to be a member of one of the gangs of teenagers. It was just after her order of a coffee, a blueberry muffin and some fried chicken had arrived when she herd a scream.

A gang of kids were looking at the roof, no something on the roof that was in the process of breaking in. Not having time to change into her costume Alice decided that a little action would be just right to get the adrenalin pumping and getting the long haul travel funk out of her system.

(OOC: Initiative roll 1d20+5=8 :(

Psyclaws isn't in uniform; I'll look around and see if there is a quick way for me to get up onto the roof (having a 15ft vertical leap).

If there is a way up; I'll try and get up and get into a rumble with whatever's up there. Taking a defensive stance until I can determine just how tough they are [-4 attack; +2 defence]

If it looks like the things are coming down then I'll interpose myself between the gang of kids and the bad guys.

If it looks like anyone is in direct danger I'll try and get them out of harm's way (from falling debris etc)

User avatar
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Chelmsford, MA

Post by sirzanek » Sun May 04, 2008 6:44 am

LongArm

David was tired. There had been a lot of paperwork to get through with the latest kid going missing, and getting assigned to do the follow up on the three shooting deaths just made his day longer. David figured he would take a shot in the dark and see if the docotrs at t eh free clinic had done any charitible acts last night, like pulling bullets out of anyone else who might not want to have to deal with the scrutiny of a normal hospital.

The windows of his Buick Sentry were open as he approached the clinic, the AC having died years ago. He heard the screams before he could see what was causing them. Pulling over quickly, Davied hops out of the car and goes to the trunk for Boomer, his trusty shotgun. Running around the corner, his cop instincts kick in, as he kneels behind a parked car taking in the scene.

"Crap," he thinks to himself, "just once why can't I find something that will give in to a shotgun and a good tough guy line?" David can feel the ichor roiling under his skin, the dark tentacles itching to be released. "Yeah, not yet. Let's see if we can at least clear out some of the distractions before things get nasty.'

David checks his ammo and then stands, steadying Boomer on the roof of the car, aiming at the two walking scrap heaps. While a little part of him wanted to just walk away and hope that the two groups killed each other, he knew that it wasn't an option. Protect and Serve wasn't selective and there was nothing keeping stray shots or whatever the robo-things brought to the party from injuring innocent people in the clinic, or worse. Summoning up his best tough guy voice David yells out.

"Bedlam City Police, you two in the suits get down on the ground NOW!!! All of you other "concerned citizens", please leave the area immediately."
OOC LongArm Initiative 1d20 1=21, using Intimidate to try to get everyone's attention and hopefully some compliance. Intimidate check is 1d20 10=13
(Sorry, I am new to Invisible Castle so I may be posting in the incorrect format)

User avatar
kipling
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1863
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:02 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Contact:

Post by kipling » Sun May 04, 2008 4:06 pm

Big OOC post.

Psyclaws, there is a decorative waterfall with the water shut off but laced with plastic ivy. If you leap from nearby, you can climb up the ivy, then through the hole in the roof. One of the things is leaning over the hole, trying to...what? See the people? Say something? Count the valuables on people (it's the Liberty Shoppes mall; the number of valuables is hovering near zero).

Osmosis, a Buick Sentry with police markings (correct me if I'm wrong, sirzanek)--the cop car of the 1980s, which is about what the Bedlam police have--pulls up, and a man gets out, calls a warning to the things, and to the gangmembers who have pulled guns. You know (and LongArm does) that inside the clinic is supposed to be neutral territory for the gangs. You've heard rumors that one of the doctors apparently likes gang leaders....any gang.

LongArm, you know quite a bit about the Bedlam police force (to which you belong), and I'll send it to you in a PM. About the clinic, you know that they generally do good works for the neighborhood, but the doctors are mostly doctors from Bedlam General in their time off, so they're tired and not the best doctors to begin with.

Initiative for the hybrids. (1d20 5=25)
Stories: Occult Investigation, Freedom City, Listening to the Universe
Not sick now, the tumour is out--thanks for wondering!

glyph
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1495
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:13 am

Post by glyph » Sun May 04, 2008 5:52 pm

As duck was setting, a small portal, wreathed in a black flame, opened on the roof of the Bedlam General Hospital. Through it a cluttered apartment full of books and papers, candles and occult paraphanalia were visible for a moment as the tall, slender form of Jessica Dallas stepped through it, the doorway closing behind her.

Emerald green eyes, peering from a furred, musselled face, taking in the scene. The young mystic had stumbled across the incident quiet by chance while her spirit drifted across the city. She had, at the time, been searching for signs of a number of children that had gone missing over the pass few months and instead had found this. A pair of technological abominations assualting a hospital.

"What do you think?"

"What am I to know my lady? History and Magik are my domain, that relics and science of this new world still eludes me. Trouble I would guess, stepping in I suppose?"
Came a reply, from the old leather bound book hanging by her side.

"Of course."

A small smile crossed her lips as she opened the grimore and opened it. As it had always done, the book had opened to the pages she needs. She chanted the incantation beheath her breath, as the words flew from the pages and coming together before her to form a tall figure in a dark purple cloak and an ivory mask. The Grimore Guard.
Using her summon minion spell to call forward the Grimore Guard.
"Mistress.. Where is the enemy"

"Down below, take us there.

With that, the Guard took hold of his master and leap from the roof, it's cloak flowing and bellowing out like great wings.
The Guard will fly himself and Night Wolf to the ground to assist the sercurity guards.

Init - Nightwolf; 1d20+5 → [14,5] = (19)
Init- Grimore Guard; 1d20+5 → [20,5] = (25)
OOC: Night Wolf is permently transformed into a impish/wolfish form unless she comes in contact with sunlight, where she will revert to her human self and begin suffering penalties involved.

Yinnyari
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:10 am
Contact:

The Mother of Inventions

Post by Yinnyari » Mon May 05, 2008 4:57 am

Image
kipling wrote:
Psyclaws, there is a decorative waterfall with the water shut off but laced with plastic ivy. If you leap from nearby, you can climb up the ivy, then through the hole in the roof. One of the things is leaning over the hole, trying to...what? See the people? Say something? Count the valuables on people (it's the Liberty Shoppes mall; the number of valuables is hovering near zero).

Initiative for the hybrids. (1d20 5=25)
Liberty Shoppes
Quickly taking stock of the situation Branna leaps onto a decorative waterfall seeing it covered with ivy it should provide a quick route to the roof and the mystery things up there.

As Branna lands she realises her mistake, the ivy is plastic and decorative and only just supporting it's own weight. Physics takes over and the extra weight Branna adds manages to bring a healthy amount of plastic ivy tumbling down along with her. Just barley managing to break her fall Branna tumbles down into the dry waterfall ending in a heap with plastic ivy covering her form and embarrassment.

"Smooth moves there, way to go." Branna says to herself as she attempts to stand at the base of the waterfall with the creatures almost directly above her.


OOC:
Complication: Accident
Will use Super-Movement: Safe-Fall to avoid taking damage from the fall and Instant-Up to stand at the base of the waterfall. I'm assuming that the plastic ivy is not going to entangle her.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5693
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Pekin, IL

Post by Michuru81 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:46 pm

OSMOSIS
I watched as the Buick synonymous with Bedlam’s finest pulled up. The driver flew for the trunk and from its depths he produced a shotgun. For a moment I debated whether he was incredibly brave or incredibly dumb. He had to know from the crimson glint in their eyes that this wasn’t something he could handle.

I tried to tell myself that romantic notions like ‘to serve and protect’ had overridden his common sense. It contradicted what I had seen firsthand: officers of the law were as chaotic as the element they were supposedly at war with. Show me a cop who’s not crooked and I’ll make rain fall skywards. I don’t trust their kind. I don’t trust them and I don’t trust the system they claim to serve. The police precinct ought to come equipped with a revolving door: let the murders and the rapists and the dealers come in and walk right back out onto the streets to do it again.

I only have faith in two servants of justice; their names are Smith and Weston.

“Bedlam City Police,” he exclaims, trying his hardest to sound tough. Maybe it works on the bangers but to my ears he fails miserably. “You two in the suits get down on the ground NOW!!! All of your other ‘concerned citizens’, please leave the area immediately.”

Great. If I stay now, I compromise my identity. I can’t have this flatfoot suspecting I’m Osmosis. Still, if I leave now, I may miss my lead. I’ll have to stick to the shadows and hope to God this guy doesn’t spot me…
Michuru81 wrote:OOC: Rolling for Stealth (1d20 + 5 = 16) and attempting to use whatever cars are parked on the street to provide enough cover that I’m not easily spotted but can still make out what is happening.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

User avatar
kipling
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1863
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:02 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Contact:

Re: The Mother of Inventions

Post by kipling » Mon May 05, 2008 7:13 pm

Psyclaws: Liberty Shoppes Mall
Yinnyari wrote:
OOC:
Complication: Accident
Will use Super-Movement: Safe-Fall to avoid taking damage from the fall and Instant-Up to stand at the base of the waterfall. I'm assuming that the plastic ivy is not going to entangle her.
A cop sees Psyclaws fall down, and starts toward her. "Hey," he says. "That's mall property."

OOC: You're right that the plastic ivy will not entangle. A lot of strands at once will hold her, though. Take a hero point, because the cop who saw you do that has decided to hassle you instead of the hybrids. For two reasons: (a) You're closer, and (b) he figures the hybrids will hurt him more than you will. A fifteen foot vertical jump shows him you're a meta, but the hybrids definitely are dangerous.
Last edited by kipling on Tue May 06, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stories: Occult Investigation, Freedom City, Listening to the Universe
Not sick now, the tumour is out--thanks for wondering!

User avatar
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Chelmsford, MA

Post by sirzanek » Tue May 06, 2008 5:39 am

LongArm
As David stood there, he took stock of the situation and thought "God, I am incredibly dumb." The gangers were still considering their options, apparently the slight voice crack at the beginning of his order had not helped his position. Now that he could get a better look at the two guys in the metal, he realized that standard procedures weren't going to mean squat. If he couldn't get those gangers out of here, things were going to get ugly. Though he hated to admit it, he was going to need the demon's help on this and he would prefer not to have an audience. Oh well, no use worrying about it now, he was committed. Might as well press on.

"It would be really helpful if some concerned citizens were to get people out the back dooe of the clinic in case things get ugly out here. So helpful,I might be inclined to forget seeing certain things tonight/certain unliscenced concealed things. And as for you two, GET ON THE GROUND!!! If you are still standing when my back up arrives, they will shoot first and Mirandize later. Personally, I would rather not shoot anyone tonight, way too much paperwork, but Meta-squad is not known for their patience, now get down, hands on your heads!!!"

David can't really believe what is coming out of his mouth. Fast talking the Terminator was not exactly the smartest thing he could do, but untill the gangers cleared out, he didn't have a whole lot of options. Starting a fire fight would probably not end well for anyone but the cyber-freaks. He couldn't see any obvious weapons, but he has seen enough sci-fi channel that he was pretty sure they were armed. Hopoing against hope, David waits for some reaction.
OOC LongArm makes a Bluff roll of 1d20+8=11 :oops: already knowing that it is not going to work.

User avatar
kipling
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1863
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:02 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Contact:

Post by kipling » Tue May 06, 2008 10:47 am

Nightwolf, Bedlam General Hospital

NightWolf, as you arrive, one of the guards swivels his gun to point at you. "You! Both of you! Down on the ground, too." The hybrids appear not to have heard. They walk forward to the old building and the automatic door swooshes open. But the hybrid walks on by and grips a chunk of wall. It starts to crumble around the edges.

"I'm opening fire!" says the other guard. He's armed with a semiautomatic pistol; the first shot is shockingly loud, louder than the traffic noises. Someone screams inside the hospital. The bullet bounces off the hybrid.

The other hybrid moves with startling swiftness to the security guard who fired and hits him, once, his hand glowing in the dark. Once his hand hits the guard's stomach, the guard goes "Oooof" and falls down to one side. He does not get up again, remaining in a fetal position.
Last edited by kipling on Tue May 06, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stories: Occult Investigation, Freedom City, Listening to the Universe
Not sick now, the tumour is out--thanks for wondering!

User avatar
kipling
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1863
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:02 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Contact:

Post by kipling » Tue May 06, 2008 11:33 am

LongArm, Osmosis: Wolverton Free Clinic

LongArm, one of the gang members laughs, an ugly sound. "This clinic, it's ours, friend." The way he says "friend" makes your blood run cold. "We'll protect it from mechanical freaks and from cops. You ain't got no backup. I lived in this city my whole life, and I ain't never seen no backup."

He laughs again--

--which is when his chest grows a big hole in it as one of the hybrids blasts him, the flare illuminating the trash on the ground, glittering off broken glass and discarded gum wrappers. Some kind of blaster, you think. The other gang member gapes and then runs.

The other hybrid bangs on the scratched metal door, making the first real dent, the size of its fist.

Osmosis, you see all of that, but no one sees you; you steal along behind cars.
Last edited by kipling on Tue May 06, 2008 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stories: Occult Investigation, Freedom City, Listening to the Universe
Not sick now, the tumour is out--thanks for wondering!

User avatar
kipling
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1863
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:02 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Contact:

Post by kipling » Tue May 06, 2008 11:35 am

Psyclaws: Liberty Shoppes Mall

You notice that the mall police officer is a real police officer: he has a slightly retro look to his uniform that marks real officers in Bedlam City, and he looks like the one you saw near the bus station.
Stories: Occult Investigation, Freedom City, Listening to the Universe
Not sick now, the tumour is out--thanks for wondering!

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5693
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Pekin, IL

Post by Michuru81 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:10 pm

OSMOSIS
As I stole from shadow-to-shadow, trying my best to keep immersed in the story before me without becoming a character, the blundering cop surprised me by saying, “It would be really helpful if some concerned citizens were to get people out of the back door of the clinic in case things get ugly here. So helpful, I might be inclined to forget seeing certain things tonight… Certain unlicensed, concealed things…”

My eyes widened in horror. Was he speaking to the bangers, their pieces dubiously stowed away behind their belts… or had he meant me?

‘Impossible,’ I told myself. First, if he had seen me- what was there to connect me to the rampant reports of a lone vigilante executing those who slipped through the cracks of justice? I told myself that there was no way he could have predicted my identity. I was fine. I was safe. All would be fine…

“This clinic, it’s ours, friend,” said one of the bangers. “We’ll protect it from mechanical freaks and from cops.” Unless my prosthetic leg counted me amongst the mechanized terrors before me, I was in neither camp. “You ain’t got no backup. I lived in this city my whole life, and I ain’t never seen no backup.”

Truer words were never spoken.

As the hood began to chortle, he was cut off by a blast that tore a hole in his chest. As the other banger fled in terror, the other machine dented in the metal door with its bare fist. Uncanny strength and some sort of a blaster… someone put some serious effort into these robots and I intend to find out who.

“You said helpfulness might be rewarded with immunity,” I muttered under my breath, pulling the mask down over my face and moving between cars. The mask was simple and as non-iconic as I could get. I didn’t pattern myself after the customed heroes of legend. I didn’t want the recognition. I didn’t want to be a household name. I only wanted those who snaked through the system to be terrified that I might one day come for them. “I’m going to take you up on that.”

I considered stealing along the shadows and lunging out between them. I might be able to draw their attention and redirect the fire to have the robots disable each other. Still, one of my legs wasn’t mine and that meant I was hardly the most nimble opponent these things would face. I considered jumping out behind one and forcing it to take aim on its partner. Maybe together this cop and I could deal with the remaining one. Still, after seeing the dent that thing put in the door, there was no chance of me overpowering them.

I was just a guy who reads way too much…
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

glyph
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1495
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:13 am

Post by glyph » Wed May 07, 2008 2:06 am

NIGHTWOLF

"You! Both of you! Down on the ground, too."

Nightwolf stared down the barrell of the rent-a-cop's gun. Should have seen that coming. she thought to herself, the poor guys get jumped by a pair of monsters... then two more leap in. She felt sorry for the guy, it was not a great start to the night for him.

She exhaled slowly, "We're here to help. I'm sure their not paying you enough to deal with something like that."

She speaks directly to the security guard, looking his straight in the eye, arms raised in front of her, hoping that the thin layer of grey fur didn't put him off, while sending a mental command to her companion. Attack the machines!

Responding to her command, the Grimore guard pushes off the ground, ignoring the guns pointed it their direction and rushes at the nearest hybrid, the one who just attacked a guard, cloak bellowing with a life of it's own.
Dark clawed hands emerge from beneath the cloak, and strike out in a flurry of powerfull blows, at the same time, the creatures cloak reachs out to entangle the it's opponent
Nightwolf is observing/talking to the guards. Cursed Brand Array is set to Deflect.

Grimore Guard makes a strike power attack (full -5/+5) against the hybrid that attacked the guard-
Attack Roll: 1d20+4 → [20,4] = (24) - Natural 20 :D
Damage DC: 15+9+5=29 or 34 if attack is enough for a crit
His flight sped should let him cover the distance between him and teh hybrid.
Attack is followed by a grapple through Improved Grab feat
Next Grapple check: 1d20+9+8 → [4,9,8] = (21)
not 100% sure if I've done the Grapple numbers right.
Last edited by glyph on Wed May 07, 2008 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Locked