Pangaea - Continents shifting, dawn of the Cretaceous!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Pangaea - Continents shifting, dawn of the Cretaceous!

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:06 am

There is no telling what kind of strange creatures you might encounter in this vast and wondrous wilderness, traveler. Weapons may not help you, but your courage will, if you venture deeper into Pangaea. The wild holds many secrets... you may even find something useful!

Greetings, intrepid explorers! With the advent of DCA and the Third Edition, I have decided that it was time for the continents -- and contents! -- of Pangaea to shift. I am fully jumping on the 3E bandwagon, and that will include remaking all of my old character builds here for the new edition. I'm going to keep the ones I have for 2E and will some day make some more tweaks to the ones I've been meaning to tweak. Until then, however, I'm going to make a new thread for 3E builds. Here is the new thread: Pangaea in the Cretaceous.

Here will be names for the builds I'm going to do first off, and I'll be getting started today with the Xenomorph Drone, in honor of my favorite movie and my other username. Also, one thing I'll be doing this time around is actually building some dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts! How could I not? I do plan on starting fresh with these builds; they won't be conversions from 2E, as much as new interpretations of the same characters.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
2nd Edition Builds
Movie Characters
Aliens
Alien Drone

Video Game Characters
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog (and Super Sonic!)
Shadow the Hedgehog (and Super Shadow!)
Silver the Hedgehog (and Super Silver!)
Iblis
Perfect Dark Gaia

Astal: Journey into Quartalia
Astal

Nights into Dreams...
NiGHTS

Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco the Dolphin

Mega Man X
X
Zero
Reploid Template

MediEvil

Sir Daniel Fortesque

Metroid
Samus Aran
Metroids

Silent Hill
Heather Mason (and Princess Heart!)

Castlevania
Richter Belmont

Left 4 Dead
Common Infected + Infected template
The Tank
The Witch
The Smoker
The Charger
The Spitter
The Hunter
The Jockey
The Boomer

Resident Evil
Sheva Alomar

Sonic vs. the Metroid
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 69 times in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Metroid (Adult stage)

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:01 am

Name: Metroid
Power Level: 10
Power Points: 135

STR 30 (+10)
DEX 12 (+1)
CON 18 (+4)
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 12 (+1)
CHA 8 (-1)

Trades: -5 Defense, +5 Tough, -1 Attack/+1 Damage
Saves: Toughness +14 (10 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Reflex +5, Willpower +4
Skills: Notice 8 (+11), Search 4 (+3), Swim 4 (+14)
Feats: Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 2, Dodge Focus 2, Fearless, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Stunning Attack
Powers:
Healing 6 (Feats: Persistent, Regrowth; Ex: Energizing +1, Total +1) [26]
-AP: Drain Constitution 6 (Feats: Slow Fade 4) [1]
Flight 1 (10-40 MPH) [2]
Immunity 9 (Life support) [9]
Protection 10 (Ex: Impervious +1) [20]
Super-Senses 14 (Detect: Life Energy [Mental] 2, Extended 1, Radius 1, Counters Concealment 2; Spatial Awareness 4, Tracking [Sight] 1, Ultra-Hearing 1) [14]

Combat: Attack +4 (Unarmed +8), Damage +10, Defense +6 (Dodge: 4, Flat: +2), Initiative +5, Grapple +20, Knockback -12

Drawbacks:
Disability (Blind; Uncommon, Minor) -1
Power Loss (Protection 10, when exposed to cold attacks; Uncommon) -1
Vulnerable (Cold; Uncommon, Major) -3

Abilities 28 +Saves 15 +Skills 4 +Feats 8 +Powers 69 +Combat 16 -DB 5 = 135

Here's a Metroid in its first form, before metamorphosis into the later stages of the Metroid lifecycle. They are quite dangerous even in this form, being immune to all but the heaviest weapons. Only cold does them any real harm, one of the few reliable ways to kill a Metroid.

In combat, Metroids latch onto their prey and proceed to drain away its vital energies. They can also transfer these energies to Metroids and other living creatures, granting a remarkable healing ability. They are large and powerful creatures, and breaking their grasp is very difficult except for the strongest of prey, such as bounty hunter Samus Aran. Even then, she must use explosive weaponry to escape, as the augmented might of her Power Suit is not sufficient to do so.

Metroids easily evolve to deal with different climates, and because of that were able to spread to other worlds without much difficulty. While they can survive exposure to space, they can't actually travel through it to any great degree.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Sonic the Hedgehog (and Super Sonic!)

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:10 am

Runnin' it back again, well what'd ya expect?
Comin' out to win ten outta ten, got a real rough neck!
Spikes up his liberty and straps on his shoes
'Cause he's the best there ever was, haven't ya heard the news?

Super Sonic themes:
His World (Solaris)
Endless Possibilities (Orchestra)

Name: Sonic the Hedgehog
Power Level: 12
Power Points: 210

STR 12 (+1)
DEX 30 (+10)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 16 (+3)

Trades: Tough -4, Defense +4
Saves: Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Reflex +17, Willpower +12
Skills: Acrobatics 12 (+22), Notice 4 (+6), Pilot 2 (+12), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Survival 2 (+4)
Feats: Accurate Attack, Acrobatic Bluff, Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (Ranged) 3, Attack Spec. (Unarmed) 2, Attack Spec. (Spin Dash) 3, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 4, Evasion 2, Improved Critical (Spin dash), Improved Overrun, Improved Throw, Instant Up, Move-By Action, Power Attack
Powers:
Cosmic Energy Control 12 (Limited: Only with Chaos Emerald -1) [12]
-AP: Teleport 10 (Feats: Change Direction/Velocity; Limited: Only with Emerald -1) [1]
Enhanced Dexterity 20 [20]
Immunity 2 (Fatigue; Flaw: Limited -1) [1]
Protection 3 [3]
Regeneration 4 (Bruised/round 1, Ability/20 minutes 3) [4]
Strike 12 (Feat: Split Attack; Ex: Aura +1, Penetrating +1; Flaw: Only while running -1) [25]
-AP: Strike 8 (Feat: Selective; Ex: Aura +1, Penetrating +1) [1]
Super-Speed 7 (1000-4000 MPH; Rapid Attack; Feats: Wall/Water Run) [37]
-Array: Rapid Attack 7 [14]
-AP: Burrowing 10 (1000 MPH) [1]
-AP: Leaping 3 (x10 distance) [1]

Combat: Attack +6 (Chaos Control +9, Unarmed +10, Spin Dash +12), Damage +1 (unarmed), Defense +16 (Dodge: 10), Initiative +38, Grapple +11, Knockback -3

Drawbacks:
Can't Swim -4

Abilities 20 +Saves 22 +Skills 6 +Feats 25 +Powers 105 +Combat 36 -DB 4 = 210

I will add a history for this guy at some point, but since 99% of gamers know it, anyway, it's not that important.

A free spirit, Sonic lives by his own rules, traveling the world with no particular destination in mind. He is described as "like the wind," valuing freedom and speed more than anything in the world. Sonic is a true blue hero, though, opposing oppression wherever he encounters it, because just as he hates being bound, so, too, does he hate it when one being tries to dominate others. He has a bit of an attitude, but he is a kind soul and will go out of his way to help others, asking nothing in return. He even shows mercy to some of his greatest enemies, like the god Chaos or even Dr. Robotnik.

Sonic is the fastest living thing in his world, and faster even than pretty much any machines that inhabit his planet. His old foe, Dr. Robotnik, can occasionally build something to rival his speed, but unless it's a spacecraft of some kind, Sonic will outpace it. He can run faster than the speed of sound and keep up such a pace for quite some time. It was once mistakenly believed that his red shoes gave him his phenomenal speed, but he has just always possessed that power.

On top of his pure speed, Sonic is extremely agile and quick-witted, being able to react normally while moving at supersonic velocities. He can flip and tumble like a world-class gymnast, making him even tougher to strike when he battles a foe. With these abilities, he often weaves through whole legions of deadly robots or attack vehicles, destroying them as he passes by in a blue whirlwind. He is far more powerful than his appearance suggests.

Following his first encounter with Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic gained even more mastery over the power known as "Chaos Control." This is the ability to manipulate the limitless energy of the Chaos Emeralds to perform magical feats. With Chaos Control, Sonic can throw blasts of pure cosmic energy and teleport himself or others. His greatest ability with Chaos Control is transforming into the mighty Super Sonic, detailed below.

Sonic's thick quills afford him some protection, but their main use is the legendary Spin Dash attack. By rolling up into a ball and moving at high speeds, Sonic can inflict tremendous damage on anything he touches.

Super Sonic

The Chaos Emeralds hold unlimited energy, both positive and negative. They are ancient, at least 4000 years old, though likely they have existed since the birth of the universe and hold the potential of the formless chaos that preceded the shaped cosmos.

Many civilizations and individuals throughout time have used the Emeralds for various purposes, always related to gaining power. Until Sonic's time, however, none sought to use that power for pure freedom, to bring light into the world. They can turn thought into reality, transforming the user and the world around him or her according to the heart of the user.

This explains Super Sonic.

When one reaches into the well of infinite potential that is Chaos energy, and chooses to give form to something, that form is a reflection of the user's inner spirit. If one taps into the Emeralds' power for negative purposes, this reflects in their outward appearance and transformation, which is usually monstrous in some fashion.

If one uses positive energy to enhance their own qualities, like Sonic, one becomes godlike and yet benign. Sonic uses the Chaos Emeralds to defend freedom and save lives, and so all his base abilities are enhanced to cosmic levels. Super Sonic can fly faster than the speed of light, is nigh-invulnerable and his Chaos Control abilities are magnified a hundredfold. He gains a fiery aura and a similar disposition, though retains his good heart. Yet he has a focus and drive far greater than his normal form, and he is willing to do anything to save the day.

Indeed, Super Sonic has taken down dimension-eating monstrosities, gods, space stations and even the dark spirit of an entire planet. As Super Sonic, he can do anything.

Rules:

I have yet to figure out an exact power template for the Chaos Emeralds' power, but I'm thinking of going the Sonic Heroes route with it. Which means that, since the transformation simply amplifies a being's natural characteristics, the particular template you receive depends on your tendencies. All Super characters can fly and survive in space, regardless of their normal powers, and all of them are basically invincible to anything not at their level. They all gain speed and strength, but how much depends on what they were like beforehand.

Thus, "Power"-type characters like Knuckles (or Astal) gain incredible strength, since that is their focus. "Speed"-types like Sonic or Shadow get stronger, but gain more speed than anything, while "Special"-types, such as flying characters like Tails or NiGHTS, gain speed and strength as well, and probably equal amounts of both.

I'm thinking that, as far as durability, at least an Impervious Toughness of 40 is in order, as I don't think even a nuke is going to hurt a Super character much. It'd take another godlike mystical power, such as a being empowered by the negative Chaos energy, to actually inflict any harm on these guys. Even then, it's not always the case: Chaos, the god of, well, Chaos, absorbed all the negative power of the Emeralds and transformed into Perfect Chaos, a giant destructive monster. Even its most powerful attacks weren't enough to harm Super Sonic, though they could knock him back.

Open your heart - it's gonna be alright!

Name: Super Sonic
Power Level: 35
Power Points: 709

STR 32 (+11)
DEX 60 (+25)
CON 36 (+13)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 16 (+3)

Trades: Defense -5, Toughness +5
Saves: Toughness +40 (Impervious 35), Fortitude -, Reflex +40, Willpower -
Skills: Acrobatics 12 (+37), Notice 4 (+6), Pilot 2 (+27), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Survival 2 (+4)
Feats: Accurate Attack, Acrobatic Bluff, Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (Ranged) 3, Attack Spec. (Unarmed) 2, Attack Spec. (Spin Dash) 3, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 4, Evasion 2, Improved Critical (Spin dash), Improved Overrun, Improved Throw, Instant Up, Move-By Action, Power Attack
Powers:
Cosmic Energy Control 35 (Limited: Only with Chaos Emerald -1) [35]
-AP: Teleport 35 (Feats: Change Direction/Velocity; Limited: Only with Emerald -1) [1]
Enhanced Dexterity 50 [50]
Enhanced Constitution 20 [20]
Enhanced Strength 20 [20]
Flight 24 (500M - 2B MPH) [48]
Immunity 74 (Fatigue, Life support, Fort/Will Saves) [74]
Impervious Toughness 10 [10]
Protection 25 (Ex: Impervious +1) [50]
Regeneration 34 (Bruised/round 3, Unconscious/round 3, Injured/round 6, Staggered/round 6, Disabled/round 8, Ability/round 8; Feat: Persistent) [35]
Space Travel 1 (1c) [1]
Strike 35 (Ex: Autofire +1, Penetrating +1; Flaw: Only while running -1) [70]
-AP: Strike 20 (Feat: Selective; Ex: Aura +1, Penetrating +1) [1]
Super-Speed 24 (500M-2B MPH; Rapid Attack; Feats: Wall/Water Run) [122]
-Array 48: Rapid Attack 24
-Burrowing 28 (1B MPH) [1]
-Leaping 11 (x10k distance) [1]

Combat: Attack +26 (Chaos Control +29, Unarmed +30, Spin Dash +32), Damage +11 (unarmed), Damage +35 (Strike), Defense +30 (Dodge: 17), Initiative +121, Grapple +41, Knockback -43

Abilities 20 +Saves 15 +Skills 6 +Feats 25 +Powers 539 +Combat 104 -DB = 709

This is Super Sonic. He is the greatest hero in the universe, nearly all-powerful when drawing from the unlimited energy of the Chaos Emeralds. His personality undergoes a slight change, becoming more focused and concentrating on the challenges before him with newfound intensity.

He can fly faster than the speed of light, survive the rigors of space and withstand any attack. His usual method of battle is to fly into an opponent at incalculable speeds, or sometimes he will blast them with pure Chaos energy. Together with Super Shadow, he teleported the space colony ARK away from impacting and destroying the planet.

He fought with two other Super Hedgehogs, Silver and Shadow, against the time- and dimension-devouring cosmic god called Solaris, defeating it and saving past, present and future. Failure would have meant that all time and space collapsed, eaten by Solaris, who was so powerful it took Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver to bring him down.

When the god Chaos was unleashed by Robotnik into the world, one by one it absorbed the powers of the seven Chaos Emeralds, at the last leaving them drained and apparently powerless. However, Chaos had only taken the negative power of the Emeralds, while Sonic used their positive energy to transform into Super Sonic and battle the giant in the washed-out ruins of a great city. Rather than destroying Chaos, Super Sonic freed it of the anger and hatred in its heart, allowing it to return to the dimension inside the Master Emerald and live forever in peace.

Sonic also transformed to battle Perfect Dark Gaia, the living representation of night and destruction, a gigantic, hideous monster with the power to destroy planets. Its release at the hands of Robotnik inflicted powerful negative emotions on the whole world, save for Sonic, because of his strong will. In the end, Dark Gaia regained its immense powers and tried to carry out its ancient duty, but Super Sonic battled and destroyed the monster.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:09 am, edited 16 times in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Tyrant Lizard King's Pangaea - Sonic the Hedgehog!

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:49 am

Since it's a plot device typically reserved for a final, epic battle against an otherwise insurmountable foe, I don't think GMs should worry much about point costs for Super transformations. They should give out modifiers to the character's base stats and just run with it, and also feel free to use the most absurdly powerful stats for the enemy. Some modifiers are actual additions, while others just grant the character the trait at that level.

These are some basic ideas; anyone, feel free to comment on these or my builds. By all means, input is welcome!

I'm going to try putting some stats for Super Sonic down before I finish this; then I might have a better idea of how to go about it.

After statting up Super Sonic, I think that making any kind of hard and fast template rules for Super transformations is doomed to failure. Simply put, individual characters and various power point totals for different powers vary too much. Rather, I think one should just bump up the Power Level to 34 or 35 and enhance all abilities accordingly. The guidelines below can serve as just that, guidelines as far as how much different types of heroes can change when going Super, but they should not be viewed as concrete rules.

Power-type Transformation
Examples: Knuckles, Astal

Abilities:
STR +30
DEX +20
CON +30

Saves:
Toughness +37 (Impervious)
REF +10

Combat:
Attack (all) +15
Defense +10
Initiative +10

Powers:
Enhanced STR 30/DEX 20/CON 30
Flight +20
Immunity +74 (Fatigue, Life support, Fort/Will Saves)
Space Travel +1
Speed +15
Strike (Unarmed) +20
Super-Strength +10

Flight-type Transformation
Examples: Tails, NiGHTS

Abilities:
STR +20
DEX +20
CON +20

Saves:
REF +15

Combat:
Attack (all) +18
Defense +10
Initiative +15

Powers:
Enhanced STR 20/DEX 20/CON 20
Flight +20
Space Travel +2
Speed +18
Strike +20
Super-Strength +5

Speed-type Transformation
Examples: Sonic, Shadow

Abilities:
STR +20
DEX +30
CON +20

Saves:
REF +23

Combat:
Attack (all) +20
Defense +14
Initiative +10

Powers:
Enhanced STR 30/DEX 20/CON 30
Flight +24
Space Travel +3
Speed +19
Strike (Unarmed) +23
Super-Strength +10

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

NiGHTS

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:32 pm

In a dream, I could see
You are not far away

Name: Nights
Power Points: 180

STR 16 (+3)
DEX 24 (+7)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 16 (+3)
CHA 16 (+3)

Trades:
Saves: Toughness +8, Fortitude +6, Reflex +12, Willpower +12
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+15), Knowledge (Arcane) 6 (+7), Notice 4 (+7), Perform 2 (+5)
Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Focus (Ranged) 2, Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 4, Attack Spec. (Blast) 3, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 7, Evasion, Fearless, Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative, Move By Action
Powers:
Blast 12 (Flaw: Must follow Move action or grapple -1) [12]
- AP: Teleport 10 (Flaw: Only usable as attack -1) [1]
Enhanced Dexterity 14 [14]
Flight 5 (250-1000 MPH; Feat: Innate) [6]
Immunity 10 (Aging, Life support) [10]
Protection 2 [2]
Shapeshift 5 (Ex: Continuous +1; Flaw: Action -1) [40]
Strike 5 (Feat: Mighty) [6]

Combat: Attack +4 (Blast +12, Strike +12), Damage +8 (unarmed), Damage +12 (Blast), Defense +11 (Dodge: 7), Initiative +11, Grapple +11, Knockback -4

Abilities 24 +Saves 18 +Skills 5 +Feats 26 +Powers 90 +Combat 8 -DB = 180

Resident of Nightopia, world of dreams, NiGHTS was actually created by the ruler of Nightmare, the other half of that world. He was to help Wizeman control the dream-world and escape into the physical, but NiGHTS hates being told what to do and prefers the freedom of the eternal night skies. He is a first-level Nightmaren, the creatures born of nightmares, and so is one of the most powerful. Since he ultimately opposes Wizeman's schemes, the latter often imprisons NiGHTS until some lucky dreamers rescue him and merge with him to soar above Nightopia.

NiGHTS is mischievous and mostly carefree, save when Wizeman is threatening the Night Dimension and even the waking world. He never stops flying, unless it is to transform into things like a bobsled, a dolphin, even a dragon, and enter other environments in Nightopia. As he flies, star-like Twinkle Dust rains from his hands. Using that Twinkle Dust, his favored attack is to circle a foe in what he calls a "paraloop," creating a magic-warp that damages his enemies. He must either grab an enemy and spin around it or else fly in a circle around the enemy to use this ability. Twinkle Dust also lends his unarmed attacks surprising power despite his slight stature, as he can send even large Nightmarens flying away when need be.

Sometimes, NiGHTS floats above Nightopia and plays an invisible Dream Flute, playing the song "Dreams, Dreams," which puts all mortal Visitors at ease. Even some Nightmarens will stop and listen to the beautiful melody.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Xenomorph Drone

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:13 pm

Name: Alien Drone
Power Points: 270

STR 26 (+8)
DEX 18 (+4)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 10 (+0)

Saves: Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Reflex +9, Willpower +5
Trades: -1 Transform Attack, +1 Transform DC
Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Climb 2 (+10), Concentration 3 (+5), Escape Artist 4 (+8), Intimidate 5 (+5), Notice 6 +(+8), Search 6 (+5), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Stealth 8 (+12)
Feats: Ambidexterity, Attack Spec. (Unarmed) 4, Dodge Focus 3, Eidetic Memory, Endurance, Evasion, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Instant Up
Powers:
Additional Limbs 1 [1]
Communication 5 (5 miles, Mental; Feats: Subtle; Ex: Area +1; Flaw: Limited [Aliens] -1) [6]
Concealment 2 (Infravision) [4]
Concealment 2 (Sight; Feats: Close Range, Innate; Flaws: Limited [Hive] -1, Passive -1) [3]
Damage 10 (Feat: Progression [Reduce Area] 9; Ex: Reaction [Lethal injury] +3, Area Burst +1, Duration +3; Flaw: Unreliable -1; Drawback: Mandatory Area Reduction -5) [74]
Immunity 12 (Acid descriptor, Life support, Visual dazzle) [12]
Leaping 3 (x10 distance) [3]
Penetrating Strength 8 [8]
Protection 4 [4]
Speed 1 (10-40 MPH) [1]
Strike 2 (Feats: Mighty; Ex: Penetrating +1) [5]
Stun 10 (Feats: Ex Reach 2, Slow Fade 2) [24]
Super-Movement 6 (Slithering, Sure-Footed 2, Trackless, Wall-Crawling 2) [12]
-AP: Swimming 3 (10 MPH) [1]
Super-Senses 12 (Blindsight 4, Darkvision 2, Direction Sense, Scent, Tracking, Tremorsense 2, Ultra-Hearing) [12]
Super-Strength 1 (Heavy Load: 1 ton) [2]
Transform 11 (Animals into facehugger eggs; 2500 lbs.; Ex: Continuous +1; Flaw: Action -1, Distracting -1, Touch -1) [22]
- AP: Snare 10 (Flaw: Action -1, Touch -1; Drawback: Action [5 minutes] -2) [1]
- AP: Environmental Control 2 (10-foot radius; Hamper Movement 1, Heat 1; Ex: Continuous +1; Flaw: Action -1, Distracting -1, Permanent -1) [1]

Combat: Attack +2 (Unarmed +10), Damage +10 (claws), Defense +7 (Dodge: 5, Flat: +2), Initiative +8, Grapple +19, Knockback -3

Drawbacks: Action (Transform, 5 minutes) -2, Action (Env. Control, 5 minutes) -2, Vulnerable: Fire (Common, Moderate) -3, Weak Point -1

Running long jump: 180 feet
Standing long jump: 90 feet
High jump: 40 feet

Abilities 32 +Saves 13 +Skills 11 +Feats 14 +Powers 196 +Combat 12 -DB 8 = 270

Notes:

I'm still working on extrapolating a Racial Template for these guys, but the easiest way I can see to make all the myriad Aliens would be to apply the Xenomorph template to the Racial template of whatever species used as the host.

Strong and fast and smart, for an animal, the Xenomorph is one of the deadliest creatures in the universe. No creature preys on them save one, and the sanity of that species might be called into question given this very fact: the Predators.

The Drone is the iconic Alien. It is the result of human impregnation; the Aliens can take the genetic traits of nearly any host larger than a small dog and smaller than a hippo. It is theoretically possible that, if limited to hosts of the wrong sizes, the Hive might actually develop special facehuggers capable of impregnating very small or very large animals.

As depicted in Aliens (and other movies, but that's the best one), the Drone is quite fast and powerful. They are capable of tearing through armored bulkhead doors and have no trouble piercing bulletproof armor with their claws, tails and jaws. They can lift a Marine in full combat gear off the ground with no trouble; indeed, they can lift and overpower animal the size of a draft horse.

The Aliens also possess a paralytic venom delivered through the sharp, barbed stinger on their tail. This venom is strong enough to knock a big animal down, and is used to incapacitate a potential host without killing it.

Their exoskeleton is strong and curved such that small-caliber bullets will often ricochet off the armor. Yet at the right angles, even pistols can penetrate the exoskeleton, and larger weapons like the pulse rifles of the Marines can blast them apart. Once pierced in such a way, the Alien in surprisingly vulnerable (Weak Point Drawback).

"Lieutenant, what do those pulse rifles fire?"
"Ten-millimeter explosive-tip caseless. Standard light-armor piercing round. Why?"

Even without their Queen's guidance, the Drones are at least as smart as the smarter Earth animals, probably due to their human heritage. They are fanatically focused on their goals of procreating the Hive. They fear nothing, save perhaps fire, and even then they will gladly throw themselves to their doom if that's what it takes to ensure the survival of their species.

Aliens are invisible to infrared means of detection, as well as camouflaging themselves distressingly well in their Hive. The latter is created as a sort of cocoon, similar to how bees do it: by vomiting up slime that quickly crystallizes into a hard, brittle material. They can use the cocoon to trap their prey or mold it around structures to form the Hive. Following their creators' tendencies, the Alien Hive often takes organic shapes, like the inside of a giant creature's ribcage or belly. These Hives can form massive twisting labyrinths, like ant nests writ large, confusing all but the Aliens themselves. They tend to hamper the movements of non-Aliens within as well as create an oppressive heat, which the Aliens prefer.

Yet extremes of heat and cold have little effect on the Xenomorph. Their acidic blood can superheat to keep the creature warm, and they can easily survive immersion in molten metal. They do not breathe, being easily capable of surviving underwater or even in the vacuum of space. If needed, they can also take the traits of hosts adapted to more extreme conditions than the base Xenomorph abilities can handle-- but as a need, this is rare. The Aliens were designed to be the ultimate bioweapons, and they fulfill that role with incredible facility.

Curiously, despite their unrivaled ferocity and savage disposition, the Aliens are not mindless killers. They take the animals they need as hosts and slay those who present a threat, but ignore those too small or weak to be of use to the Hive or any danger to it. It is not known what the Aliens eat, if anything, because in all known encounters the "chestburster" embryos have grown to adult size in hours without an organic source of food.

One little-known ability is that of transforming a host into a facehugger egg. Aliens only do this in dire straits, when there is no Queen and they need to propagate a Hive. If all else fails, a Drone may molt into a Queen, but only if sufficient resources are available.

More build notes:

If I can ever get my hands on Ultimate Power, I'll revise the Corrosion power accordingly, but until then I'd just be inclined to describe the damage as gradually occurring over several seconds (which is the duration of a round, anyway).
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:10 am, edited 12 times in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Astal

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:08 am

Name: Astal

STR 42 (+16)
DEX 12 (+1)
CON 28 (+9)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 16 (+3)
CHA 11 (+0)

Trades: Unarmed -4/DC +4, Defense -2/Tough +2
Saves: Toughness +14 (Impervious 5), Fortitude +17, Reflex +7, Will +12
Skills: Climb 4 (+20), Notice 4 (+7), Sense Motive 3 (+6), Survival 3 (+6), Swim 2 (+18)
Feats: Attack Spec. (Unarmed) 2, Diehard, Dodge Focus 3, Endurance, Fearless, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Stunning Attack
Powers:
Enhanced Strength 36 [36]
Enhanced Constitution 18 [18]
Flight 5 (250-1000 MPH) [10]
-AP: Leaping 3 (x10 distance) [1]
Immunity 10 (Aging, Life support) [10]
Protection 5 (Ex: Impervious +1) [10]
Regeneration 9 (Bruised/round 3, Disabled/hour 2, Ability/5 minutes 4) [9]
Super-Senses 3 (Extended Sight 2, Distance Sense) [3]
Super-Strength 10 (Heavy Load: ~4000 tons; Feats: Groundstrike, Super-Breath) [22]

Combat: Attack +4 (Unarmed +8), Damage +16 (unarmed), Defense +10 (Dodge: 6), Initiative +1, Grapple +33, Knockback -9

Abilities 9 +Saves 23 +Skills 4 +Feats 13 +Powers 119 +Combat 22 -DB = 180

A little-known Sega hero, Astal hails from the planet Quartalia. That world was created by the goddess Antowas of a single jewel, as were Leda and Astal. Leda was the girl, the "Eve" of Quartalia's "Adam and Eve," given the power to create life. Astal was created to be her protector.

To this purpose, Antowas gifted Astal with incredible strength. Both are immortal, but Astal is physically far more powerful than nearly any being on his world, save perhaps the demon Gerado, his greatest enemy. At one point, he throws a huge boulder weighing at least one thousand tons miles into the distance to block off an erupting volcano. In trying to save Leda from Gerado's sinister human creation, Geist, Astal shattered the bottom of the ocean and severely damaged Quartalia. He was imprisoned by Antowas for this, after She defeated Gerado, but the demon's schemes did not end, and once Leda was apparently captured again, Astal broke his chains and flew from Quartalia's moon back to the planet.

In addition to being able to pound the ground with his superhuman strength, Astal can exhale powerful wind gusts to blow enemies away. He is a fantastic grappler, and in fact that is the last place one wants to be when facing him. Even the deadliest beasts of Gerado were defeated through sheer brute force. Astal grabs the horned behemoth by its horns and throws it to its doom, or simply pounds the Evil Eye senseless. His battles often cause massive collateral damage, but such is the way of the fierce warrior.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Heather Mason (and Princess Heart!)

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Name: Heather Mason
Power Points: 77

STR 9 (-1)
DEX 11 (+0)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 13 (+1)
CHA 10 (+0)

Saves: Toughness +4, Fortitude +3, Reflex +2, Will +7
Skills: Bluff 2 (+2), Concentration 3 (+4), Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 1, Notice 4 (+5), Search 2 (+3)
Feats: Attack Focus (Ranged), Equipment 4, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Luck, Power Attack
Powers:
Equipment:
Knife +1 [3]
Steel Pipe +2 [4]
Light Pistol +3 [6]
Undercover Vest (Tough +3) [4]
Flashlight [1]
Device 2 “Radio”: [8]
- Detect: Demons 2 (Penetrates Concealment 4, Radius) [7]
- Enhanced Notice 8 (Flaw: Limited to hearing static -1) [1]
- Super-Senses 2 (Danger Sense, Radio) [2]
Device 6 “Transform Pin”: [24]
Alternate Form 6 “Princess Heart” [30]
- Heart Array 11 [23]
-Blast 10 (Ex: Autofire +1; Flaw: Distracting -1; Feats: Accurate, Affects Insubstantial)[22]
- AP: Blast 9 (Feats: Accurate 2, Homing, Ricochet) [1]
- Enhanced Feats 2 (Attractive, Endurance) [2]
- Protection 5 [5]

Combat: Attack +3 (Ranged +4), Damage -1 unarmed/+0 knife/+1 steel pipe/+3 pistol, Defense +4, Initiative +4, Grapple +4, Knockback -2

Abilities 9 +Saves 10 +Skills 3 +Feats 9 +Powers 32 +Combat 14 -DB = 77

Build Notes:

This is Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3, or at least my first attempt. She's not particularly powerful, but she is pretty strong-willed (having lived like three different lives and faced down a lot of pain and terror). This build represents her partway through the game, after finding the bulletproof vest. Also, for fun I decided to give her the Transform Pin, which turns her into Princess Heart (detailed a little more below).

Her last three points of equipment should be spent on whatever the player/GM feels necessary, including healing drinks.

I don't tend to stat up regular human characters at less than PL 10 for purposes of caps, even if they don't actually approach that level of power, like Heather here. The reason is because even Heather could shoot something with a rocket launcher and do full damage (provided she could actually fire the weapon, but you know what I mean); I would do the same for, say, Jill Valentine from Resident Evil, even though Jill isn't a PL 10 hero, either.

The Fearless feat doesn't mean Heather feels no fear, but rather she is immune to mental effects that would paralyze her with terror. Given the stuff she goes through in Silent Hill, she is definitely Fearless by the end of it, but even at the beginning she proceeds even though she's scared, and Silent Hill could be considered one giant fear effect. Anyway, I thought it makes sense.

Heather is perhaps more skilled in combat than your average teenager, but she still isn't a very good fighter and doesn't do well against most of the monsters in Silent Hill. She's better off avoiding fights whenever possible.

Name: Princess Heart
Power Points: 77

STR 9 (-1)
DEX 11 (+0)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 13 (+1)
CHA 10 (+0)

Saves: Toughness +9, Fortitude +3, Reflex +2, Will +7
Skills: Bluff 2 (+2), Concentration 3 (+4), Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 1, Notice 4 (+5), Search 2 (+3)
Feats: Attack Focus (Ranged), Attractive, Endurance, Equipment 4, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Luck, Power Attack
Powers:
Equipment:
Knife +1 [3]
Steel Pipe +2 [4]
Light Pistol +3 [6]
Undercover Vest (Tough +3) [4]
Flashlight [1]
Heart Array 11 [23]
-Blast 10 (Ex: Autofire +1; Flaw: Distracting -1; Feats: Accurate, Affects Insubstantial)[22]
- AP: Blast 9 (Feats: Accurate 2, Homing, Ricochet) [1]
Protection 5 [5]
Device 2 “Radio”: [8]
- Detect: Demons 2 (Penetrates Concealment 4, Radius) [7]
- Enhanced Notice 8 (Flaw: Limited to hearing static -1) [1]
- Super-Senses 2 (Danger Sense, Radio) [2]

Combat: Attack +3 (Ranged +4, Heather Beam +8, Sexy Beam +6), Damage +10 (Sexy Beam)/+9 (Heather Beam), Defense +4, Initiative +4, Grapple +4, Knockback -4

Build Notes:

Though both attacks in this form are called the Sexy Beam, I used the regular name (Heather Beam) for the first attack, the AP on the Blast array, and Sexy Beam for the Superman-style heat vision. Here is a picture of both attacks:

The first picture is the more powerful of the two attacks, rapidly cutting down even the terrifying bosses of Silent Hill. The second attack fires those lasers and the d20-looking luminous polygons, both of which home in on enemies and can bounce off of surfaces.

The Princess Heart transformation is an unlockable for beating the game twice. It takes a bit more work to get the Heather/Sexy Beams, but they're worth it.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Metroid

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:42 am

Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Metroid
Here we go... a battle to get me some practice so I don't get rusty with descriptions, and to get some experience with the system. I haven't exactly solved my running jump dilemma, but either way, it should be okay here. If you spot any glaring errors in rules, let me know and I'll have to do a rematch.

My prediction for this fight? Sonic is going to control the battle. He doesn't usually hit an enemy then zip away a couple of miles, only to do it again next turn, but he could. Sonic would be in trouble if the Metroid got a hold of him, because then it could start draining him and it's a lot stronger, particularly with grapples. Yet the Metroid is going to have a hard time tagging the blue blur, where he probably won't have much trouble hitting the Metroid.

If this battle works out well, the next one I'll do will be an epic: Sonic vs. Astal!

It was a sunny day in a grassland full of rolling hills. A light breeze stirred the grass in rippling green waves. Birds cried overhead.

A trail of desiccated animal corpses wound its way from a copse of trees, heading in the direction of a swift river. They looked shriveled and discolored, as if drained of all bodily fluids and even muscle.

A raccoon darted through the trail of bodies, running for its life.

In pursuit was a horrific, jellyfish-looking creature, with a wide body of translucent flesh revealing the red of its bulbous internal organs. It had no eyes to speak of, but the lower half of its body was a giant, suppurating mouth with two huge fangs and a smaller pair in the middle, framing its grinding chelicerae. The monstrous creature easily overtook the fleeing raccoon and descended upon it, mandibles clicking.

Fwoom! A trail of smoke passed beneath the Metroid, obscuring the raccoon. Its mandibles closed on thin air and a few strands of long grass. A short distance away, a blue, bipedal hedgehog stood atop a high hill, holding the raccoon. He set it down and it ran off, while he stared down the strange beast before him.

"I don't begrudge a predator his due," said Sonic the Hedgehog, "but I know you're not from around here, are ya? There's nothing natural about you! Actually... big, round and ugly. Come to think of it, you remind me of someone I know!"

The Metroid let out a high-pitched shriek and started to fly toward the interloper. "Uh-uh!" cried Sonic. "You'll be doing no more draining today!" He blazed down the hill and launched at the Metroid, curling into a spinning ball of quills. He bounced off the Metroid's thick hide and flipped over its "head."

"Oww!" Great, thought Sonic. I just hit him with an attack that would knock down an elephant and he didn't even feel it!

The Metroid lunged with surprising speed... but it might as well have been moving in slow motion to Sonic. He easily sprang off his hands out of the way of its attack, launching skyward and spinning into a quill-saw once more. His spin dash bounced off the top of the creature and he rocketed down a hill into a small bowl between hills. Once again, his foe was unfazed by the attack.

Talk about tough! This could be bad.

Hungrily, the Metroid pursued and snapped shut its mandibles... behind Sonic, as he rolled away. "You're too sloooow!" taunted the world's fastest hedgehog. Despite his brave exterior, Sonic began to question his plan. I can't just let this thing drain all my friends, or whatever it does. I'll bet it was let loose by Eggman... I have to stop it here. There's no telling how big its appetite is.

Sonic decided to stall while he could figure out a way to stop the creature, and plan for a worst-case scenario. He'd never encountered anything like this before. Once again, he curled into a ball and revved up like a car engine, spinning so rapidly he looked like a single blade of blue. With a loud snap he bolted at the Metroid, grinding right over the top of the Metroid and continuing on toward the trail of withered corpses. Shrieking again, the creature followed him with an erratic flight, bobbing up and down in the air. It couldn't get close enough to strike.

Sonic turned and ran right underneath the Metroid, zooming past it with no effort. It turned to follow once more, but as soon as it closed on the hedgehog, who seemed to be tiring, Sonic dashed away again. It could feel his power, the incredible energy coursing through the blue hedgehog's little body, and it grew even hungrier.

Sonic came to the river and briefly wondered if water would pose a hazard to the creature, but then figured it didn't look like it would drown easily, if he could even submerge it. I can't swim, but then again, I don't have to. Time to kick it up a notch! He whirled suddenly and ran straight at the Metroid, jumping at the last second into an extra-forceful spin dash. Sonic struck the creature square in its "face," right between the three red orbs that pulsated within.

This time, his quills sliced deep into its quivering flesh, knocking it three dozen yards backward. He bounced off and backflipped several times before landing and bolting back across the river, kicking up twin fishtails of white spray behind him. Looking back, he expected to see the creature pursuing him with the same dogged hunger, but its body trembled and its hovering flight seemed to waver. Ah, finally got through to him! thought Sonic. Let's end this!

He skidded to a halt and spun, crouching down into a sprinter's stance. "If you're strong, you can fly," he chanted softly to himself. Then he spun in a buzzsaw so fierce it bore a ditch beneath him, and blasted off in a cloud of dirt. He rolled up the side of a small hill and went airborne, slamming into the Metroid so hard it nearly cut the thing in half. It pitched to the ground, Sonic landing in a crouch just behind it.

"Sorry, guy," he said to the creature, "but there ain't room in the ecosystem for the two of us!" He nearly vanished in a blur, cleaving the dying Metroid in half with a rolling dash.

With a final look back, Sonic kept on running past the river and over the wide swath of green. He shook his finger disapprovingly at the twitching remains of the creature and let his arms trail behind him as he vanished over the horizon.

Initiative rolls, Sonic and Metroid respectively: 20 and 5. Yeah, there was no way for the Metroid to win initiative, anyway, but this is overkill.

Combatants start off 100 feet from each other; the Metroid floats about five feet above the ground, while Sonic stands atop a grassy hill.

Round 1:
Metroid is flat-footed. Sonic dashed over and springs into a "homing attack," an aerial spin dash. He rolls a 7, for a total of 19, striking the Metroid. The Metroid rolls a 15 on its Toughness save, for a total of 29, avoiding damage entirely. Sonic lands about ten feet behind it.

No longer flat-footed, the Metroid flies at Sonic and attempts to seize him in its mandibles (and also start a grapple, if it hits). Sonic is not flat-footed, so his Defense total is 26. It rolls a 22 total, clamping down on air as the wily hedgehog evades.

Round 2:
Sonic springs at the Metroid again as a living buzzsaw, bouncing off the top of it and landing a hundred feet away. His attack roll is a 24, total, so he strikes it yet again. The Metroid scores a total of 33 on its save! It's not even shaken by the attack. Sonic realizes he could be in some real trouble against this monster.

Unfortunately for the heroic hedgehog, the Metroid can reach him with a normal move, so it does so, attempting to slam its transparent body into him. Note, though, that this isn't a Slam, because the Metroid wants to grapple Sonic and drain him after striking him with its unarmed attack. With a total 19, Sonic bounds away again, unharmed.

Round 3:
Sonic can't run, because the Metroid will just keep on draining the animals of his home. He has a Hero Point to spend, but he knows that he might need all his luck if that thing manages to grab him. He decides to try one more spin dash, and if that doesn't work, he'll try to lead the creature away until he figures out a way to destroy it. The total is 21, for a hit, but the Metroid gets exactly 27 on its Toughness save, avoiding damage again. Sonic dashes at the monster and attacks, continuing on for about 100 feet (it was a running long jump, not using the full speed rules).

The Metroid floats over to him and lunges, scoring a 22 on its attack roll. It just can't get a bead on the little hedgehog, but Sonic can't hurt the Metroid, either.

Round 4:
Sonic uses a Move action and dashes about one hundred feet away (within the Metroid's reach). He readies another Move action for when the thing draws close, allowing him to move up to 10,000 feet away -- but he's going to keep just outside its reach, to keep drawing it on.

The Metroid gives chase, desperately wanting the strong energy of this strange blue life form. Yet as soon as it closes on its prey, Sonic zips away again. It takes a Move action to catch up to him, and then another after he runs off.

Round 5:
The two come to a river that's about seventy feet across. Sonic dashes back to hit the Metroid and then back across the river, for a Move By attack. He has about 10,000 feet to work with, so running back 100 feet to strike, then across the river for another 170 is no problem. He rolls a 20! Total of 32, critical hit, with a Toughness save DC of 32. The Metroid only rolls a 4 on its save, for a total of 18, so it fails the roll by 14. The Metroid is staggered, disabled and stunned. Ouch! It flies back 50 feet through the air.

The Metroid is unable to take actions, and would only be able to take a single standard or move action if it could (but it's stunned), and even if it did, it would put itself into the dying state. It will regain its full Defense before Sonic attacks in the next round, but that won't help it much.

Round 6:
Seeing his foe is on the ropes, Sonic closes in for the kill. He spends his Hero Point to acquire the Power Attack feat, and sacrifices 5 attack for +5 save DC. He is attacking with a bonus of +7, and a damage of +17 if it hits.

Oh, holy quills of doom... he rolled another freakin' 20! Wow, a critical power attack hit. Sonic BOOM! So, a total save DC of 17 + 15 + 5 = 37. The Metroid gets a total of 21, failing by 16. It's now unconscious and dying. It has a Fortitude of 12 and so will almost certainly make its save vs. death, but will be helpless for the coup de grace next round, and as I recall, another dying condition when a character is already dying kills it. It gets a 17 on its roll to stabilize, and does so, but is still dying.

The Metroid falls to the ground. Sonic stops just past it and revs up one more spin dash, taking a full round to do so. He blasts through the Metroid's battered body, inflicting an automatic critical hit for a save DC of 32. Funny enough, the Metroid hasn't suffered any Injured conditions, so it still has its full save, which is all from Constitution and Protection. It gets a 25, failing by 7, and dying.

This is how I understand the dying rules to work, anyway. Another "dying" condition while dying kills you. From doing research, it actually seems that any damage (at least lethal damage) while dying will kill you. So the coup de grace isn't exactly necessary, but it helps.

... and my prediction was mostly right. The Metroid proved to be more durable to Sonic's attacks than I anticipated, but a couple of lucky strikes, including the ultimate payoff for spending a Hero Point on acquiring Power Attack, put the thing down for the count. If he'd needed to, Sonic could have gone on the defensive until he figured something out, but in the end, he was able to do what it takes Samus Aran's power suit or similar high-tech gear to do: bring down a Metroid in single combat.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Shadow the Hedgehog (and Super Shadow!)

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:05 am

All hail Shadow - heroes rise again!
Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Nothing can stop you now
No ghost to bring you down
When there's nothing left to lose, you win!

Name: Shadow the Hedgehog
Power Points: 220

STR 24 (+7)
DEX 26 (+8)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 14 (+2)

Trades: Cosmic Control -2/+2 DC, Paralyze -2/+2 DC, Tough -2/Def +2
Saves: Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Reflex +14, Will +12
Skills: Acrobatics 12 (+20), Concentration 5 (+7), Drive 6 (+14), Intimidate 3 (+5), Notice 4 (+6), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Survival 2 (+4)
Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All Out Attack, Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (Ranged) 4, Attack Specialization (Spin Dash) 2, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 4, Evasion 2, Improved Critical (Dash), Improved Throw, Instant Up, Move By Action, Power Attack
Powers:
Cosmic Energy Control 14 (Flaw: Limited [only with Chaos Emerald] -1) [14]
-AP: Teleport 12 (Feats: Change Direction/Velocity; Flaw: Limited [only with Emerald] -1) [1]
-AP: Paralyze 12 (Ex: Targeted Area Burst +1, Selective Attack +1; Flaw: Distracting -1, Slow -1) [1]
Enhanced Dexterity 16 [16]
Enhanced Strength 14 [14]
Immunity 3 (Aging, Fatigue [Limited: Movement only -1]) [2]
Protection 3 [3]
Regeneration 4 (Bruised/round 1, Ability/20 minutes 3) [4]
Strike 12 (Ex: Autofire +1, Penetrating +1; Flaw: Only while running -1) [24]
-AP: Strike 8 (Feat: Selective; Ex: Aura +1, Penetrating +1) [1]
Super-Speed 6 (500-2000 MPH; Rapid Attack; Feats: Wall/Water Run) [37]
-Array 12:
-Rapid Attack 6
-Burrowing 10 (1000 MPH) [1]
-Leaping 3 (x10 distance) [1]
-Super-Strength 2 (Heavy Load: ~1.5 tons) [1]

Combat: Attack +8 (Ranged/Spin Dash +12, Chaos Control/Paralyze +10), Damage +7 (unarmed)/+12 (spin)/+14 (Chaos Control), Defense +14 (Dodge: 9), Grapple +17, Initiative +32, Knockback -4

Abilities 16 +Saves 22 +Skills 9 +Feats 22 +Powers 115 +Combat 36 -DB = 220

Shadow the Hedgehog, the Ultimate Life Form, possibly the single most powerful character in Sonic's universe. Originally debuting as a villain with the intent to destroy mankind out of vengeance for grievances committed against him, he realized his true destiny over the course of a long struggle and kept a promise he made to a dear, departed friend, saving mankind instead. Shadow sacrificed his life for that purpose, or so it seemed, but the black and red hedgehog was not so easily destroyed.

Incredibly powerful, Shadow is a master of Chaos Control. With it, he can slow time for enemies in a wide area and project deadly blasts of energy, as well as teleport himself and others over long distances. He is not as skilled in its ultimate use as Sonic, but he can still transform into Super Shadow to battle enemies too powerful for his normal form.

Shadow's speed is incredible, rivaling that of the Blue Blur, although Sonic is the faster of the two. Yet Shadow is also very skilled in combat and superhedgehogly strong for his size, and proficient in piloting a wide variety of vehicles as well as ranged weapons. He is immortal and quite strong-willed, and although he is not as friendly as Sonic, he is still a hero by any sense of the word, sacrificing his own well-being for that of others when they cannot protect themselves.

Sonic and Shadow have an interesting relationship, in that they respect one another and yet they are rivals. Shadow views Sonic as a bit too carefree and flighty, although he knows that when push comes to shove, no one is more dependable than Sonic the Hedgehog. He has acknowledged Sonic's superior abilities at least once, though begrudgingly.

Shadow is the Vegeta to Sonic's Goku, only Shadow doesn't get his ass kicked all the time by being too arrogant. Instead, he's the one doing the beatdowns. Make no mistake, Shadow has an attitude, and he is quite confident (rightly so), but he is not blinded by his own ability, or overestimation thereof. Rather, he knows exactly what he's capable of, and it is quite a lot, indeed.

Though Shadow has nearly a full PL's worth of points over Sonic, they're pretty evenly-matched, and it's a toss-up as far as who would win in a fight. In fact, I think before I finish the Sonic vs. Astal fight, I might run a battle of Sonic vs. Shadow. First, though, I need to finish Richter Belmont, and then Mega Man X. I'm also going to add in Super Shadow, though it'll take me a little bit of time to work out the exact details. You can get a pretty good idea of what Super Shadow's capable of by looking at Super Sonic.

Name: Super Shadow
Power Points: 700

STR 35 (+12)
DEX 56 (+23)
CON 36 (+13)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 14 (+2)

Trades: Defense -5/Tough +5
Saves: Toughness +40 (Impervious 35), Fortitude -, Reflex +36, Will -
Skills: Acrobatics 12 (+35), Concentration 5 (+7), Drive 6 (+29), Intimidate 3 (+5), Notice 4 (+6), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Survival 2 (+4)
Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All Out Attack, Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (Ranged) 4, Attack Specialization (Spin Dash) 2, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 6, Evasion 2, Improved Critical (Dash), Improved Throw, Instant Up, Move By Action, Power Attack
Powers:
Cosmic Energy Control 35 (Flaw: Limited [only with Chaos Emerald] -1) [35]
-AP: Teleport 35 (Feats: Change Direction/Velocity; Flaw: Limited [only with Emerald] -1) [1]
-AP: Paralyze 35 (Ex: Area Burst +1, Selective Attack +1; Flaw: Distracting -1, Slow -1) [1]
Enhanced Dexterity 46 [46]
Enhanced Strength 25 [25]
Flight 23 (250M-1B MPH) [46]
Immunity 75 (Aging, Fatigue Effects, Life Support, Fort/Will saves) [75]
Impervious Toughness 8 [8]
Regeneration 34 (Bruised/round 3, Unconscious/round 3, Injured/round 6, Staggered/round 6, Disabled/round 8, Ability/round 8; Feat: Persistent) [35]
Space Travel 1 (1c) [1]
Strike 35 (Ex: Autofire +1, Penetrating +1; Flaw: Only while moving -1) [70]
-AP: Strike 20 (Feat: Selective; Ex: Aura +1, Penetrating +1) [1]
Super-Speed 23 (250M-1B MPH; Rapid Attack; Feats: Wall/Water Run) [117]
-Array 46: Rapid Attack 23
-Burrowing 27 (500M MPH) [1]
-Leaping 11 (x10k distance) [1]
-Super-Strength 8 (Heavy Load: 200 tons) [1]

Combat: Attack +30 (Ranged/Spin Dash +34, Chaos Control +30), Damage +12 (unarmed)/+35 (spin)/+35 (Chaos Control), Defense +28 (Dodge: 17), Grapple +50, Initiative +115, Knockback -37

Abilities 16 +Saves 13 +Skills 9 +Feats 24 +Powers 534 +Combat 104 -DB = 700

So here is Super Shadow. He is Shadow the Hedgehog powered up by the seven Chaos Emeralds, becoming truly the Ultimate Life Form. To date, only a select few beings in the universe can match or surpass his power, including Super Sonic, and beings like Solaris, the god-monster that would have devoured all of space-time if not stopped by Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver.

Shadow does not have as much experience with his Super form as Sonic does, and so is not quite as powerful. That, of course, is relative, because to most anyone besides Super Sonic, Shadow here is pretty much invincible. He can fly faster than light speed (though has to work harder to do it than Super Sonic) and is all but completely invulnerable. His Chaos Control is also greatly enhanced, though at this level he's roughly equal to Sonic in that regard.

Super Shadow's most notable solo battle is against Devil Doom, his biological "father," a demonic alien bent on conquering Earth and bringing Shadow back to the dark side. Doom having lent his DNA to the Dr. Gerald Robotnik's creation of the Ultimate Life Form, this is where Shadow gets his black and red fur and immortality, as well as his powers. When Shadow heroically opposes Black Doom, the alien transforms into Devil Doom, a hulking, city-smashing monstrosity who will destroy the Earth if not stopped. Fortunately, Shadow proves up to the task, absorbing the powers of the Chaos Emeralds and battling Devil Doom in the skies. In destroying Doom, Shadow also conquered his own shady past and looked to the future with new resolve.

As with Super Sonic, Super Shadow is basically immune to fatigue, can survive in space or just about anywhere, thanks to his insane Toughness, and is so durable and strong-willed that he doesn't have to make Fortitude or Will saves. It would take something of literally godlike proportions to poison him or otherwise alter his body, and when you're this powerful, what do you fear? What can sway your mind when you have resolved to see through a particular goal? Nothing.

Super Shadow attacks foes by flying into them and likely through them, or blasting away with incredibly destructive Chaos blasts. He can teleport even greater masses for greater distances, or use Chaos Control to slow time over a huge area. Not that he needs the speed advantage, but it's there. Relevant to that is his Defense: he's harder than hell to hit, fast as he is, but it's almost unnecessary to dodge anything. Even if you do tag him, you're not going to hurt him much, if at all. The limitless powers bestowed by the Chaos Emeralds simply make him too hard to deal with, unless you are a truly cosmic entity.

After the battle with the Final Hazard (prototype Ultimate Life Form) in Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow was thought dead as he plummeted back to Earth, his Super powers fading. Yet, enough of his energy remained that he survived the fall, and while he had to deal with amnesia and the occasional psychosis, after the Black Arms scenario, he seemed to have regained full control of his mind and destiny.

Shadow then went on to aid Sonic against Metal Sonic (who transformed into the draconic Metal Madness) and Solaris, alongside Silver the Hedgehog (who will be the subject of a future build). He's always there to help save the day.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Richter Belmont

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Theme: Prologue

Name: Richter Belmont
Power Points: 240

STR 24 (+7)
DEX 22 (+6)
CON 24 (+7)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 16 (+3)
CHA 20 (+5)

Saves: Toughness +7, Fortitude +12, Reflex +9, Will +12
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+14), Climb 3 (+10), Concentration 6 (+9), Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 9 (+9), Notice 4 (+7), Ride 3 (+9), Search 4 (+4), Sense Motive 6 (+9), Survival 5 (+8), Swim 4 (+11)
Feats: Accurate Attack, Attack Focus (Ranged) 6, Attack Spec. (Whip) 4, Critical Strike, Dodge Focus 6, Endurance, Evasion, Favored Opponent (Demons, Undead) 2, Fearless, Improved Critical (Whip), Power Attack, Track
Powers:
Array 8 (Item Crash/Sub-Weapons) (Feat: Affects Insubstantial 2) [18]
-Base: Paralyze 7 (Feat: Selective; Ex: Area Burst +1; Flaw: Distracting -1) Stop Watch Crash
-AP: Damage 3 (Feat: Mighty 7, Thrown 2; Ex: Autofire +1, Penetrating +1; Flaw: Distracting -1) [1] Thousand Daggers
-AP: Damage 10 (Ex: Area Burst +1, Secondary Effect +1, Selective Attack +1; Flaw: Action -1, Distracting -1, Limited -1) [1] Hydro Storm
-AP: Damage 12 (Ex: Alt Save [Will] +1, Area Cylinder [10 ft. radius, 50-ft. Height] +1, Autofire +1; Flaw: Action -1, Distracting -1, Tiring -1) [1] Grand Cross
-AP: Damage 4 (Feat: Mighty 7, Thrown 1; Ex: Penetrating +1) [1] Giant Axe
-AP: Damage 6 (Feats: Incurable, Thrown; Ex: Autofire +1) [1] Holy Water
-AP: Damage 4 (Feats: Mighty 6; Ex: Range +1) [1] Dagger
-AP: Paralyze 4 (Feat: Selective; Ex: Area Burst +1) [1] Stop Watch
-AP: Damage 4 (Feat: Mighty 7, Thrown 1) [1] Throwing Axe
-AP: Damage 6 (Feat: Accurate, Homing; Ex: Range +1) [1] Boomerang
Enhanced Dexterity 12 [12]
Enhanced Strength 14 [14]
Enhanced Constitution 14 [14]
Immunity 12 (Disease, Poison, Emotion Effects, Fatigue Effects) [12]
Leaping 2 (x5 distance) [2]
Leaping 1 (x2 distance; Flaw: Limited to Vertical jumps -1) [1]
Penetrating Strength 7 [7]
Regeneration 15 (Rec Bonus 2, Bruised/round 3, Injured/20 minutes 1, Staggered/5 minutes 2, Disabled/hour 2, Ability/minute 5) [15]
Speed 1 (10-40 MPH) [1]
Super-Senses 19 (Detect Magic 2: Extended 2, Penetrates Concealment 4, Radius 1; True Sight 10) [19]
Device 7 (Vampire Killer Whip) [28]
Array 17 (Feat: Affects Insubstantial 2, Extended Reach 2) [34]
Base: Deflect 11 (All projectiles) [33]
AP: Damage 5 (Feats: Mighty 7; Ex: Penetrating +1) [1]

Combat: Attack +4 (Ranged +10, Boomerang/Whip +12), Damage +7 unarmed/+12 Whip, Defense +10 (Dodge: 8), Initiative +6, Grapple +11, Knockback -3

Abilities 16 +Saves 17 +Skills 13 +Feats 26 +Powers 152 +Combat 16 -DB = 240

Here is Richter Belmont of Castlevania: Dracula X and Symphony of the Night fame. I really wanted to fit him into a PL 10/150 scheme, but more than that, I try to accurately model characters. With video game characters, one often has to take into account display of ability in cut-scenes and other non-played portions, because they are often shown to do things you cannot do in normal gameplay. Some of it is really egregious, like Dante in Devil May Cry 3, but others not so much. It's the latter case with Richter here.

Except for super-powerful plot point curses, Belmonts are immune to curses. They're also immune to poison and disease, and many mental effects. It takes powerful magic to alter them in any way. Given divine strength, they do not tire (easily), for they must face the unholy legions of Dracula and other dark magic powers. They are very nearly at the peak of human ability, and have some senses that normal humans do not, particularly for seeing through illusions and sensing dark magics at work.

Belmont clan warriors are also faster than humans, and gifted jumpers. They're feared for their powers, in fact, even despite their most holy mission. Richter here is the most powerful Belmont that ever lived, even past his own time (Julius was pretty bad, but still not as strong as Richter).

I'm trying to remember what the Limited flaw on his Hydro Storm attack is. I probably meant to put Tiring, but I'm not sure. Serves me right for not writing it down immediately. I'm going to have to figure it out sooner or later.

Basically, as far as weapons, we have of course the Vampire Killer Whip, the most powerful holy artifact in the land. It is a chain whip (in Richter's case, not needing any "upgrades" by Symphony's time) with a reach of about fifteen feet. Its very touch burns the unholy, and not even incorporeal monsters are safe. I am assuming it's legal to put Affects Insubstantial on the Array itself; the book doesn't say you can't, but it doesn't say you can, either. It mostly just says that any feats must truly affect all the powers in the array, and in the case of the whip and the Sub-Weapons, all of them can affect ghosts and the like. That can be changed if it proves to be illegal.

The Sub-Weapons are also holy artifacts, found by failed vampire hunters in times past and adopted wholly by the Belmont clan. There is the dagger, a quick and accurate projectile. The throwing axe is a bit stronger but has less range. The holy boomerang is easy to hit with and very powerful. Holy water vials break upon impact and damage foes multiple times with searing blue flames. An enchanted stop watch lets a Belmont stop time for foes in an area, paralyzing them for a short time.

Item Crashes are more powerful versions of the Sub-Weapons that Richter has mastered, but they are draining and can leave him vulnerable. Hydro Storm is a rain of holy water Richter calls down from the sky. Grand Cross sees him leap into the air in a beam of blinding white light, while giant glowing crucifixes spin around him. It's devastating to creatures of the night. There is a powered-up version of the stop watch, and he can throw a gigantic version of the normal throwing axe. Thousand Daggers is literally a stream of daggers that Richter throws furiously, shredding anything caught in their path.

Since they spend so much time wandering the wilderness, Belmonts tend to be good at survival, and Richter is no different. They often trek miles across the Transylvanian countryside before even reaching the castle, battling deadly foes along the way.

If you notice any glaring errors or omissions, or just want to comment, feel free. I wouldn't mind input on any of my builds, really. I'm not doing this entirely for me, after all; they're here for y'all to enjoy and maybe use at some point.

Next up on my list before I finish Mega Man X, since he's a bit more involved, is probably going to be Silver the Hedgehog, and then maybe Elise and a couple of the bosses from that game. Future builds: X, Zero, Sigma, Samus Aran, then I don't know. Video game characters seem to be my specialty, but I want to make a Final Wars Godzilla at some point, too. Oh, and I want to do some Dragonball Z characters as well as maybe a current Silver Surfer (after the Annihilation story upgrade).

I'm open to suggestions, in the meantime.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Silver the Hedgehog (and Super Silver!)

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:36 am

In the night-light, do you still feel your pain?
For the valor you wait; it never came
If you were able, would you go change the past?
To mend a faux pas, with one last chance?

Name: Silver the Hedgehog

STR 10 (+0)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 11 (+0)
WIS 18 (+4)
CHA 10 (+0)

Saves: Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Reflex +9, Will +14
Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Concentration 10 (+14), Notice 5 (+9), Sense Motive 2 (+7), Stealth 2 (+4), Survival 2 (+6)
Feats: Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (Ranged) 8, Attack Spec. (Grapple) 4, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge Focus 3, Evasion, Improved Critical (Telekinesis), Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Power Attack
Powers:
Deflect 12 (All Projectiles; Feats: Extended Range 2, Precise; Ex: Area Burst +1, Reflection +1) [63]
-AP: Telekinesis 12 (Ex: Targeted Area Burst +1, Damaging +1, Selective Attack +1) [1]
-AP: Paralyze 12 (Ex: Targeted Area Burst +1, Selective Attack +1) [1]
Flight 5 (250-1000 MPH) [10]
Protection 3 [3]
Regeneration 3 (Bruised/round 1, Ability/hour 2) [3]
Teleport 10 (Feats: Change Direction/Velocity; Flaw: Limited [Only w/ Emerald] -1) [10]

Combat: Attack +4 (Grapple/Ranged +12), Damage +0 (unarmed), +12 (Telekinesis/Paralyze), Defense +9 (Dodge: 6), Initiative +6, Grapple +24, Knockback -3

Abilities 15 +Saves 23 +Skills 6 +Feats 25 +Powers 91 +Combat 20 -DB = 180

Silver the Hedgehog from the much-maligned Sonic the Hedgehog '06. He's an interesting character and I like him, but many fans do not.

He hails from a future ruined by the demon Iblis, one half of the super-dimensional god called Solaris. His world is a burning, apocalyptic ruin, and in it psychic powers are a common evolutionary necessity. Unlike Sonic or Shadow, Silver is no faster than a regular human. Lava and fire dominate the landscape, so he never really developed any super-speed. Instead, he uses his incredible psychic powers to levitate and fly around, as well as manipulate his environment.

Though not quite as experienced as Sonic or Shadow, Silver leads a life filled with conflict. He regularly fights Iblis, a gigantic fire demon, and destroys it, yet the monster always reforms. Chaos and battle are an every day experience for him, and while he's still naive, it has hardened him to things like death and destruction. When he fought both the former hedgehogs at two different times, he was able to battle them to a standstill thanks to his incredible will to win and save his future, as well as his raw power.

Speaking of which, Silver is gifted with what he calls "psychokinesis," the ability to manipulate his environment with his mind. He is probably the strongest psychic of the future world. Silver can lift and throw huge objects, including enemies, with his psychokinesis, as well as simply project damaging blasts of pure psychic power. The latter is rare for him, though; his favored tactic is to throw huge and/or damaging objects into foes from a distance, including other enemies or their own weapons. Silver is also capable of flying at great speeds, though still not as fast as Sonic or Shadow.

He comes to the present at the behest of Mephiles, Solaris' other half, to kill Sonic the Hedgehog, mistakenly believing him to be the "Iblis Trigger." Actually, though, Sonic kind of was the Iblis Trigger, the one who would release Iblis into the world and shatter the future in which Silver lives, although neither directly nor willingly. Once he realized his mistake, Silver joined Sonic and Shadow in opposing Solaris for the sake of past, present and future.

Super Silver is coming up shortly.

Name: Super Silver
Power Points: 703

STR 30 (+10)
DEX 24 (+7)
CON 32 (+11)
INT 11 (+0)
WIS 18 (+4)
CHA 10 (+0)

Trades: Defense -4, Tough +4
Saves: Toughness +39 (Impervious 35), Fortitude -, Reflex +32, Will -
Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+10), Concentration 10 (+14), Notice 5 (+9), Sense Motive 2 (+7), Stealth 2 (+9), Survival 2 (+6)
Feats: Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (Ranged) 8, Attack Spec. (Grapple) 4, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge Focus 3, Evasion 2, Improved Critical (Telekinesis), Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative 25, Power Attack
Powers:
Deflect 35 (All Projectiles; Feats: Extended Range 2, Precise; Ex: Area Burst +1, Reflection +1) [177]
-AP: Telekinesis 35 (Ex: Targeted Area Burst +1, Damaging +1, Selective Attack +1) [1]
-AP: Paralyze 35 (Ex: Targeted Area Burst +1, Selective Attack +1) [1]
Enhanced Strength 20 [20]
Enhanced Dexterity 10 [10]
Flight 22 (100M-400M MPH) [44]
Immunity 74 (Aging, Fatigue Effects, Life Support, Fort/Will saves) [74]
Impervious Toughness 10 [10]
Teleport 35 (Feats: Change Direction/Velocity; Flaw: Limited [Only w/ Emerald] -1) [35]

Combat: Attack +24 (Grapple/Ranged +32), Damage +10 (unarmed), +35 (Telekinesis/Paralyze), Defense +24 (Dodge: 13), Initiative +107, Grapple +24, Knockback -36

Abilities 15 +Saves 25 +Skills 6 +Feats 49 +Powers 477 +Combat 90 -DB = 703

The last of the three Super Hedgehogs to appear.

After being manipulated by Mephiles from past, present, and future, the death of Sonic the Hedgehog finally occurred and Iblis was released from Princess Elise's soul. All of Silver's actions were in vain, as now not only was his future ruined, but the reborn Solaris was going to devour all of time and space into itself. Existence itself was doomed.

Yet, Silver and his new allies never gave up hope. They gathered the seven Chaos Emeralds, scattered across the time rift created by Solaris, and used them to resurrect Sonic, in the process transforming him into Super Sonic. With his godlike Chaos Control, Super Sonic transformed Shadow and Silver into their Super forms and the three of them battled Solaris' true form in the heart of the time rift.

Like the others, Silver's powers are increased exponentially in Super form. He can lift something like 400 million tons with his psychokinesis: not enough to lift a mountain, but more than enough to throw pyramids and asteroids around. His explosive blasts are like a nuke going off, and he can throw smaller and weaker objects into space.

Super Silver can also fly faster than any manmade vehicle, though not quite faster than light without really pushing himself. Still, he is faster than just about any opponent he might face, and tougher than all but the other two Super Hedgehogs and Solaris itself.

That's about all there is to say of Super Silver. It's unknown if he can achieve the form on his own, or even knew it was possible. He knew of the Chaos Emeralds, but had never used one until his adventure into the past, and certainly didn't know about using all seven for the ultimate power, or else he would have utterly crushed Iblis in the future (even if the latter would just resurrect).

Technically, Sonic and Silver have never met, due to the events of the Solaris incident being erased from history with the destruction of Solaris' original form. They have since met again, for the "first" time, but neither retained any memory of their incredible battle.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Iblis

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Solaris

This transcendental life-form is worshipped as a sun god by the citizens of Soleanna, and is the driving force behind the events of Sonic the Hedgehog '06. This writeup will try to make sense of the various events involving Solaris, as well as provide stats for both its individual halves, Mephiles and Iblis, as well as the god's true form.

For nearly their entire history, the kingdom of Soleanna worshiped a being they called Solaris, the sun god as well as a deity of time and eternity. A manifestation of this being appeared as a tiny flame in their temple. They called it the "Flames of Hope."

Soleanna was a highly advanced nation with extremely powerful science. At one point, the Duke of Soleanna, father of Princess Elise, and his scientific team decided to enact "the Solaris Project," an effort to harness the god's power to travel through time. Though outwardly this was for the benefit of all, allowing mankind to correct its past, it was also a misguided intention by the Duke: to see his wife, Elise's mother, once more. Her death is what drove him to attempt the Solaris Project and very nearly bring all of time into ruin.

As per usual with these kinds of experiments, something went wrong and the machines they used exploded. The instability tore Solaris into two different beings, and thus drove it into madness. One half of Solaris was Mephiles, its conscious mind, who in its madness became a twisted creature of darkness and shadow, the opposite of the flame its other half represented. Iblis was the god's other half, its raw power and fire given mindless form.

In the wreckage of the aquatic laboratory, the time-traveling hedgehogs Silver and Shadow arrived to prevent further calamity. Shadow received the Scepter of Darkness from the Duke and used it to imprison Mephiles. Silver chased down Iblis' "larval" form and fought it to a standstill, but the Duke was forced to seal the demon inside Elise's soul to prevent its escape, since they couldn't destroy it. If Elise remained strong and did not succumb to despair, Iblis would remain forever sealed. However, if she did despair, Iblis would be released through her tears.

Ten years later, "Princess" Elise was well on her way to becoming queen of Soleanna, and during the Festival of the Sun made a trip through her watery city. Dr. Robotnik (a.k.a. "Eggman") attacked, intending to capture Elise and use a strange power inside her (which she doesn't know about) to help power his machine to control time. Unlike the original Solaris Project, about which Robotnik seems to know quite a bit, he is going to use the Chaos Emeralds and Princess Elise to achieve the same goal. Sonic is visiting Soleanna at that point and foils Robotnik's scheme for a time.

Earlier, Robotnik encountered Shadow the Hedgehog and Rouge the Bat while trying to steal the Scepter of Darkness and use its power, as well, in his experiment to become master of time itself. In the process, the Scepter is shattered and a dark, shadowy being is released. It takes its form from Shadow's own shadow and, after a brief struggle, sends Shadow and Rouge into the ruined future.

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles track Robotnik into his lair, where he holds Elise hostage. Using a Chaos Emerald and his prototype "time machine," Robotnik sends the three heroes into an unknown time period, seemingly rid of them entirely. He needs Elise's power and all the Chaos Emeralds to perfect his machine, but at least he is rid of his foes.

The trio ends up in the future, where they meet Shadow and Rouge. Sonic and Shadow gather two Chaos Emeralds from the wasteland and use Chaos Control to return to the present. Sonic rescues Elise once again, but Silver intervenes, intending to kill the "Iblis Trigger" and prevent the future he hates. Shadow then interposes himself between the two and fights Silver while Sonic rescues Elise.

In the end, Shadow decides to show Silver the truth. They use Chaos Control to go back in time ten years, to the Solaris Project's fateful end, and witness the birth of Mephiles and Iblis. After stopping them as described earlier, the hedgehogs return to the present and Silver now aids Sonic's rescue attempt.

Mephiles, meanwhile, is manipulating all the heroes and even Robotnik from various points in time. He wants to use the seven Chaos Emeralds to fuse with Iblis again and devour time itself. He cannot do this in the future, because after aiding Sonic and Shadow in the present, Silver returns to the future and his friend Blaze the Cat seals Iblis within her own soul using the Emeralds. Then she teleports into another dimension, at least freeing the burning future world from Iblis' destruction (though not changing its fate).

In the past, during the Solaris project, Mephiles has no true form and no Chaos Emeralds, and Iblis is sealed within Elise's soul. This remains the case even in the present, when Mephiles is released from the Scepter, so he must force Elise to succumb to despair. Thus, he tries at first to get Silver to kill Sonic, and when that fails, he does it himself after gathering the Emeralds. Elise completely despairs at Sonic's death, and Iblis is freed. Mephiles uses the Emeralds and joins with Iblis, and the reborn Solaris devours the world into its time rift.

Gathered in the strange, timeless amalgam created by Solaris as it slowly devours the timeline, all the other heroes are saddened by Sonic's death. Yet Elise senses his presence in the wind and they decide to gather the Chaos Emeralds. The mystic gems are scattered across the rift, but Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, Rouge, Omega, Amy Rose and Silver collect them and Elise uses their power to resurrect Sonic.

Transformed into Super Sonic, the hero also powers up Shadow and Silver and they battle Solaris in the swirling skies of the time rift. The god is so incredibly powerful it takes all three Super Hedgehogs to defeat it, and even then they can only destroy its core, leaving it powerless and restoring the timeline to its proper order. Sonic and Elise then travel back into the past one more time, to extinguish the Flame of Hope before it ever threatens the universe.

That act erases the whole sequence of events from the timeline and prevents Silver's future from ever occurring. There are a couple of loose ends, however: Blaze remains in another dimension (though free of Iblis), and Silver remains in the present.

Whew! Quite a complicated story, and hopefully this recounting makes sense.

Name: Iblis

STR 42 (+16)
DEX 8 (-1)
CON 26 (+8)
INT 0 (-5)
WIS 9 (-1)
CHA 4 (-3)

Trades: -4 Attack/+4 DC, -4 Defense/+4 Tough
Saves: Toughness +16 (8 Impervious), Fortitude -, Reflex -1, Will -1
Skills: Intimidate 8 (+13), Notice 4 (+3)
Feats: Attack Focus (Melee) 8, Environmental Adaptation (Lava), Favored Environment (Extreme heat)
Powers:
Damage 11 (Ex: Targeted Area Burst +1, Range +1) [33]
Growth 16 (Feat: Innate; Ex: Duration +1; Flaw: Permanent -1) [48]
Immunity 45 (Aging, Fire damage, Life support, Fortitude saves) [45]
Protection 8 (Ex: Impervious +1) [16]
Regeneration 25 (Bruised/round 3, Unconscious/standard 2, Injured/minute 3, Staggered/5 minutes 2, Disabled/minutes 5, Ability/round 8, Resurrection/day 2 [Ex: True Resurrection +1]) [27]
Super-Senses 2 (Infravision 1, Distance Sense 1) [2]
Super-Strength 1 (Heavy Load: 140 tons; Feat: Groundstrike) [3]

Combat: Attack +4 (+5 heat; -8 size), Damage +16 (unarmed), Defense -8 (-8 size), Initiative -1, Grapple +28 (+16 size), Knockback -12

Abilities -19 +Saves +Skills 3 +Feats 10 +Powers 174 +Combat 8 -DB = 180

This is Iblis, a gigantic fire demon. It is the creature that continually torments the world in Silver's future. Silver and Blaze fight Iblis many times and manage to destroy it, but it always resurrects itself and they cannot ever truly win. Ultimately, Blaze uses Emerald power to seal Iblis inside of her (after Silver tries and fails) and transports herself to another dimension, ending Iblis' threat for the time being.

That is why Mephiles couldn't fuse with Iblis in the future, and sent Silver to the past to kill Sonic.

Iblis is a simple foe, by every definition of the word. It is a mindless giant, knowing only destruction and fire. It attacks by smashing the ground, often sending foes plunging into molten lava, or even using pieces of buildings to crush its targets. It can also summon up a large group of flaming rocks and send them crashing down around an enemy.

Iblis has a couple extra arms, but they don't really do anything, so I didn't bother with Additional Limbs. If you're using him in your games, feel free to add that.

When destroyed, it seems to take Iblis some time to grow again into its full form, taking a worm-like "larval" form. I might stat up those forms sometime, but just assume they're a slightly smaller version of the same thing, since it pretty much keeps all the same attacks.

Mephiles the Dark is next up, and then Solaris itself.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

The Tank

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

The Tank
Power Level: 8
Power Points: 120

Abilities
STR 28 (+9)
DEX 10 (+0)
CON 26 (+8)
INT 4 (-3)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 5 (-3)

Trades: -1 Unarmed/+1 DC, -2 Defense/+2 Toughness
Saves: Toughness +10 (Impervious 5), Fort +8, Ref +0, Will +3
Skills: Intimidate 12 (+9)
Feats: Attack Focus 3 (Melee), Dodge Focus, Fearless, Fearsome Presence 5, Improved Grapple, Improved Initative, Power Attack
Powers:
Drain Constitution 6 (Feat: Incurable, Slow Fade 6 [1 day]; Ex: Disease +2, Linked to Unarmed Damage +0; Flaw: Chained to Unarmed Damage -1) [19]
Enhanced Constitution 12 [12]
Enhanced Strength 10 [10]
Growth 4 (Feat: Innate; Flaw: Permanent -0) [13]
Immunity 8 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Cold, Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Sleep) [8]
Impervious Toughness 5 (Drawback: Power Loss [Critical Hits] -1) [4]
Mental Transform 13 (New traits, 10k pounds; Ex: Duration +1, Linked to Transform +0; Flaw: Chained to Drain -1, Limited [Slain victims of Drain] -1, Range -1) [13]
Protection 2 (Drawback: Weak Point -1) [1]
Super-Senses 8 (Detect Life Force 2: Penetrates Concealment 4; Darkvision 2) [8]
Super-Strength 4 (Heavy Load: 8 tons) [8]
Transform 13 (Dead animals into zombies, 10k pounds; Ex: Duration +1, Linked to Damage +0; Flaw: Chained to Drain -1, Limited [Slain victims of Drain] -1, Range -1) [13]

Drawbacks:
Vulnerability (Fire; Common, Moderate) -3

Combat: Attack +2 (Melee +5; Size -1), Damage +9 (unarmed), Defense +2 (Dodge: 1; Size -1), Initiative +4, Grapple +17, Knockback -7

Abilities -11 +Saves 3 +Skills 3 +Feats 13 +Powers 109 +Combat 6 -DB 3 = 120

This is the Tank, possibly the most feared Infected in the Left 4 Dead world. The reasons why are immediately apparent to anyone who sees the creature. He weighs in at some three thousand pounds, can run as fast as a healthy human and is immensely powerful. The Tank is not agile in the slightest, but his sheer strength is enough to throw cars, tear off chunks of buildings, roads, vehicles and the like and hurl them to devastating effect. He can smash through steel walls and crush human survivors in a single blow. On top of that, he's extremely durable, capable of withstanding multiple people unloading on him with all manner of firearms.

If that wasn't bad enough, like other Infected, the Tank can see in the dark and perceive the pheromone auras of living creatures, making hiding from them nearly impossible when matched with their strength.

The terror evoked by this monster is only mitigated by a couple factors. One is that the creature is weak to fire, like most Infected. The other is that it's exceedingly stupid and consumed by its own rage. These weaknesses allow survivors to overcome the Tank, but it is never easy and never safe. There is a good chance someone will die in battle with such a beast.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

The Witch

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 am

*Sobbing, followed by a hoarse growl*

Name: The Witch
Power Level: 8
Power Points: 125

STR 20 (+5)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 8 (-1)

Trades: -2 Strike Attack/+2 Strike DC
Saves: Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Reflex +6, Will +6
Skills: Climb 8 (+13)
Feats: Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 2, Dodge Focus 2, Fleet of Foot, Improved Initiative 2, Power Attack
Powers:
Damage 5 (Feats: Mighty; Ex: Penetrating +1) [11]
Drain Constitution 6 (Feat: Incurable, Slow Fade 6 [1 day]; Ex: Disease +2, Linked to Damage +0; Flaw: Chained to Damage -1) [19]
Immunity 8 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Cold, Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Sleep) [8]
Penetrating Strength 5 [5]
Protection 4 (Drawback: Weak Point -1) [3]
Super-Senses 8 (Detect Life Force 2: Penetrates Concealment 4; Darkvision 2) [8]
Transform 13 (Dead animals into zombies, 10k pounds; Ex: Duration +1, Linked to Damage +0; Flaw: Chained to Drain -1, Limited [Slain victims of Drain] -1, Range -1) [13]
Mental Transform 13 (New traits, 10k pounds; Ex: Duration +1, Linked to Transform +0; Flaw: Chained to Drain -1, Limited [Slain victims of Drain] -1, Range -1) [13]

Combat: Attack +2 (Unarmed +6), Damage +10 (claws), Defense +4 (Dodge: 3), Initiative +10, Grapple +11, Knockback -3

Drawbacks:
Vulnerability (Fire; Common, Moderate) -3

Abilities 16 +Saves 14 +Skills 2 +Feats 8 +Powers 80 +Combat 8 -DB 3 = 125

Possibly the one Infected feared more than the Tank, the Witch is incredibly dangerous. Perhaps ironically, given her extreme ability to inflict harm, she will not automatically attack survivors. During the day, the Witch wanders around, covering her face, and at night she sits in one place. At all times, she cries and mourns her horrid fate.

When startled by survivors, however, through either gunfire, proximity or loud noises, she explodes into a deadly rage that drives her to kill the person responsible for reminding her of her pain. She charges at the offending party, climbing buildings or tearing through doors, if need be, and carves them into bloody ribbons, often ripping out the victim's throat. She can kill in a single strike and is far stronger than her size suggests.

The Witch's leathery hide affords her surprising protection, despite her slight stature, as more than one survivor has found out only too late. This can be mitigated by shooting her in the head with a powerful weapon. They fall to gunfire (or normal fire) like other Infected, but not easily. Of the Infected, only the Tank is truly more durable. The Witch is more intelligent and equally persistent, and while not quite as strong, she can still easily rip through most barriers between her and her foes. She is also faster than most humans and will not give up her pursuit.

Left 4 Dead Survival Tip: Don't throw a bile bomb on a Witch and call her a "dirty, dirty girl." It won't end well.

New Feat: Fleet of Foot
Type: General, Ranked
Some people and animals are faster than others, though not always to the degree that the Speed power is necessary. In these cases, this feat adds five feet to a character's base movement speed. Thus, a normal human with Fleet of Foot 1 has a base speed of 35 feet, 70 when using accelerated movement, and 140 when moving all-out.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Roll Call”