Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The Age of Wonders Thread II

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.

Re: The Age of Wonders Thread II

Postby Libra » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Oh and here's a tidbit to make you blink before I sign off for a while - when Mr Messiah left Paris (and Earth-1986) he did so in the company of none other than The Scholar! (you know, the Earth-92 counterpart of The Professor who seems to have decided to become A SUPERHERO purely in defiance of the sheer stupidity of his Homeworld's 'Heroes' and in the face of The Octagons villainy on Earth-86; also because his Villainous self is a JERK).

They have ISSUES but they still fight Crime, Injustice and Suffering (also Stupidity) - 'Nuff said.
Last edited by Libra on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Darak in battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlACgYHtWCI

And the Darak song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lChS4ZJtTXQ

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Qz16n_cw25U/T ... aper78.jpg

(And yes, the fanservicey nature of the outfit is quite deliberate - she's a bit of a costume enthusiast)
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Voltron64 wrote:Charles, I'm visualizing the two as Alistair and Leliana from Dragon Age.

I was tempted for Emilia to be a redhead. She DOES have the french accent, though.

Alistair is also closer to several companions she's traveled with over the years, including at least one of King Liam's super-powered bastards.

BTW - as you can imagine, Justicar Zero goes APOPLECTIC over traveling with these two career criminals and their not so much contempt for the law (like the Revolutionary) but complete ignorance of its existence. They've actually caused him choke on his own shock at least twice.
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Voltron64 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Hawke's a good inspiration for Darak too.

(I've pictured the Mage version having a penchant to getting up close and personal with his Blade on a Stick skills looking like its straight out of Wuxia.)
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra
Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Charles Phipps » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Voltron64 wrote:Hawke's a good inspiration for Darak too.

(I've pictured the Mage version having a penchant to getting up close and personal.)

It's a quality of Darak too, mainly stemming from his apprenticeship consisting of watching necromancers boil entire armies from a distance to his considerable disgust.

The two have an amazing capacity to deconstruct the "joys" of a fantasy world from having lived in one.

When he wants to kill someone, he looks in their eyes to do it.
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Voltron64 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Are the Pax-Concordians responsible for the Elves & Dwarves being xenophobic bastards?

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra
Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Charles Phipps » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Voltron64 wrote:Are the Pax-Concordians responsible for the Elves & Dwarves being xenophobic bastards?

Yes, yes they are.

The Pax-Concordians play each of the races' off against one another, genetically engineer monsters to destroy their livelihoods, stir up wars amongst other species, and generally behave as the most exaggerated dicks mythology has to offer.

There's a COUPLE of not only decent Pax-Concordians but genuinely GOOD ones but they're surrounded by sociopaths and don't know what to do other than play along while helping what few they can.

They work against their fellows escape too.
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Voltron64 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Oh I just can't wait to see the look on their faces when Victor Vanquish eventually discovers them. :twisted:

(Note, that they view Victor as a Christ-figure, which will make it even better.)

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Alright, I present to you all...

The Roll Call, Part Duex

The Esoterrics
-Action Survivor
-Dreamer
-Eso
-Final Girl
-Dr. Laramis AKA Para-Psych
-Pyrokinesis
-Red Riding Hood
-John Talbot
-Witchbreed
-Zed
-Stage Magic & Leroy the Puppet
-Trash Heap
-Werewolf
-Dr. Null
-Brigid Moonchild
-Lucien Drake
(Charles, I'm thinking about adding Tunnelman Jack to the team, think he'd be a good fit?)

The Outrageous Order AKA The Starbreakers
-The Repairman
-Big Ajax (II)
-Super Dragon Girl Ten
-The Arbitrator
-Justicar Zero
-Ms. & Mrs. Cosmic
-Video Game Girl
-Ellie Davidson
-Captain Jack Carpenter
-Squirrel God
Last edited by Voltron64 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby MightyDavidson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Ellie St James? I thought her name was Ellie Davidson?
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Charles Phipps » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:26 pm

MightyDavidson wrote:Ellie St James? I thought her name was Ellie Davidson?

It is Davidson, though I changed it at one point.

Edit:

Fixed. Will update the index soon.

BTW, MD, have you got any idea how the reunion will go with the Davidson clan?
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby MightyDavidson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Oh it's going to be akward as all heck, you can count on that. For one thing, I think Justin and Megan would've been annoyed with their mother for not being around even without her disappearing for so long. Knowing that she was actually alive and gallivanting around the galaxy, with no apparent attempt to get in touch, well that will only get them more upset. Dr. Justice had come to accept the former but the latter would even get on his nerves and he tends to be the easy going one.

As for Star Chief, well if he is Justin and Megan's dad I'm thinking the reason he wasn't around is because Ellie never told him she was pregnant. He seems the sort who'd have done the honourable thing and married her, if he knew she'd fathered her kids. In fact I'm thinking that on Earth 1938 she did tell him and that's why that Earth's Dr. Justice and Sailor Cosmos know who their dad is.
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Voltron64 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Here's how I'd imagine the interactions between Star Chief and Mr. Justice and Sailor Cosmos over parentage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUFACvZl1cM

:wink:

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:38 am

Queen Nightmoon: Queen Nightmoon is basically the 'least trustworthy trustworthy' member of the Octagon according to Mr. King. In other words, she can be counted on to do what is in her own best interest all the time. So, you can trust her until she thinks she can get something better by betraying you.

I also see Queen Nightmoon and Golden Minx exchanging mocking gifts on Christmas.

Deacons: I imagine the Deacons are as much a thorn in the Big 13's sides as they are an asset. Sure, the Mighty Elect could hunt down (more) dangerous and rogue metas but dealing with them is like pulling teeth and in some cases is not worth the effort. The Deacons only negotiate a price (usually a princely sum) and then get into the trenches. Of course, they aren't afraid to say which of the Big 13 screwed the pooch and let their target du jour loose.

Mister & Miss Cosmic: They also tend to loot the bodies of their foes. Which is rather disturbing to all the members of the team except for The Revolutionary, who is used to it during his time with the Legion Galactic.
Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:50 am

Charles, would you be interested in telling us the latest status for the Evil Corporations and New Nations, not to mention Damnation City as well?

I imagine there has been much pandemonium and prosperity since we last heard about them. :wink:

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Settings