Happy Halloween (2008) M&M Fans

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Happy Halloween (2008) M&M Fans

Postby Sketchpad » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:42 pm

Hiya Gang,
I was working on a NPC for a few games that I run (I do both M&M and Hero in the same world) and thought, since the latest is a Halloween/Horror themed baddie, I'd share with the boards :) Enjoy and Happy Halloween :)

The Harvester
PP 247; HP 8
Concept: Serial Killer with an Edge
“...”

Background: You hear a lot of things around the campfire. Remember the one about the hitchhiking ghost? Or how about the guy with a hook for a hand? Hey ... remember the one about The Harvester? No? Well, pull up a log and listen carefully...
Rumor has it that back in the 1800s in upstate New York, there was a settlement of farmers that had some problems with practitioners of the black arts. Witches? I dunno about that ... all I know is that these people had killed livestock in some kind of rituals ... something that made the farmers quite upset.
Having had their fill, the farmers decided to take care of the problem and hunted almost all of the dark worshippers, killing them on the spot. But, what the farmers didn’t know is that these cultists had made a pact involving a young boy who also happened to be their only surviving member. As the farmers returned to their lives, the boy grew in age, living off the land until he had grown into adulthood and was presented with a magical scythe and sickle. By who? I dunno ... they never say. I’d guess it was the dark spirit that the pact was made with.
Anyway, the tale goes on to tell how the boy, now called The Harvester, killed all the farmers and their families, sending their spirits to his master who, in turn, grants The Harvester eternal life. That way he can continue his killing spree and supplying souls for his master. They say he still wanders the woods around here ... waiting for people to wander ...huh?
Hey, what’s that noise? Where are you guys going? Guys? Oh crud! Run! Ruuuun! Ruu >splutch<

Alternate Identity: Unknown
Identity: Unknown
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Upstate NY, Mobile
First Appearance: House of Haunts #18 (1981)
Sex: Male
Height: 6’5”
Weight: 332 lbs.
Eyes: Black
Hair: Grey-Brown

Description: A tall and muscular man, the Harvester dresses in a tattered cloak of sewn leather patches (or is that skin?) and a tattered tunic with pants. In recent years, he’s been seen wearing some knee padding and laced up, military-styled boots, as well as a leather belt with a sewn seam and short workers gloves. Though a hood covers his head, the tarnished silver mask that covers his face is distinctively plain with only his pitch colored eyes being apparent from behind it. In each hand he carries a weapon: a tarnished silver sickle and a scythe made of wood and tarnished silver.

Personality: The Harvester is only interested in killing anything living ... whether it is the deer in the woods or the people on the streets of a nearby town. He doesn’t seem to care for anything or anyone except for those that he seems to home in on for his killing needs. Once wronged by someone (whether they avoid his blade or save someone from being killed), The Harvester doesn’t stop until the meddler gets his vengeance on him or her.

Powers and Abilities: An unstoppable killing machine, The Harvester can be hurt, but is hard to keep down due to his incredible healing rate. Though many have tried in the past, the brutal killer has survived drowning, fire and even dismemberment. Armed with an unbreakable sickle and magical scythe, The Harvester stalks his prey with an uncanny sense ... almost as if he can tell where they’re going to be.
in combat, he doesn’t seem to use any tactics ... rather he swings his weapons at his targets and attempts to batter them down. He shows no fear of his opponent, no matter how powerful they may be, and has been able to avoid capture on many occasions.

The Harvester: PL 16; Init +2 (Dex); Defense 16 (+4 base, +2 Dex); Spd 30 ft; Atk +13 melee (+12L, Scythe), +16 ranged; SV Dmg +15, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1; Str 20, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 15
Skills: Hide +5, Intimidation +8, Move Silently +5, Search +4, Survival +4
Feats: Attack Focus (Armed), Detect (Living Beings), Durability, Improved Critical, Infamy, Power Attack, Track
Powers: Protection +6 [Extras: Amazing Save (Damage), Mental Protection; Stunts: Immunity (Aging, Critical Hits, Disease, Exhaustion, Poison, Starvation); Source: Mystical; Cost 6 pp; Total 26 pp], Regeneration +10 [Extras: Back from the Brink, Never Say Die, Regrowth, Reincarnate; Source: Mystical; Cost 8 pp; Total 80 pp], Super-Strength +2 [Extras: Intimidating Presence; Stunts: Lethal; Source: Mystical; Cost 7 pp; Total 12 pp]
Devices: Indestructible Scythe +10 [Effect: Weapon; Stunts: Penetrating Attack; Source: Mystical; Cost 3 pp; Total 12 pp], Soulreaver +12 [Effect: Weapon; Extras: Drain (Wisdom), Slow Recovery; Source: Mystical; Cost 3 pp; Total 36 pp]
Weakness: Berserker (Major), Disturbing (Moderate)

Harvester is the property of Dwayne T. Butchino. M&M is owned by Green Ronin Games.
Last edited by Sketchpad on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sketchpad » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:22 pm

Well ... with 69 views, I'm guessing either people like it so much that they don't want to comment ... or they hate it so much that they just don't want to bother ...

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:03 pm

I like the character very much, though I saw the version you posted to the Hero Boards. You should post the origin of the character over there as well.

Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sketchpad » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:05 pm

Black Mamba wrote:I like the character very much, though I saw the version you posted to the Hero Boards. You should post the origin of the character over there as well.

D'oh! You're right ... dang it! I thought I had ... thanks :)

ToddPower
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby ToddPower » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:29 am

My Halloween advsenture is good to go...thanks :shock: :shock: :shock:
Emma Frost "..J. Jonah Jameson'll be tongue-kissing Spider-Man before the X-Men catch a little public favor."
Kitty Pryde: "Why do you insist on saying things I can never un-hear?"
--Astonishing X-Men 7

Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sketchpad » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:50 am

ToddPower wrote:My Halloween advsenture is good to go...thanks :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lemme know how he plays :)

PJ Mason
Partisan
Partisan

Postby PJ Mason » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:25 am

Hey, man. I've been on a lot of UNY farms. I've seen some of those witches creeping about the forest. Its not funny!! Now i know it was probably this guy!! *gulp* :oops:

Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sketchpad » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:51 am

PJ Mason wrote:Hey, man. I've been on a lot of UNY farms. I've seen some of those witches creeping about the forest. Its not funny!! Now i know it was probably this guy!! *gulp* :oops:

LOL ... could be ;)

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Kit » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:09 pm

He'd be fun in a Nocturnals game
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Ganeesha
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Ganeesha » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:58 am

Now I am wondering how to get this guy into Freedom City by the Weekend....without necesarily having him cut a bloody swathe to do so...

Pretty good concept and all...mind if I lift it? :lol:

Mitchell
Titan
Titan

Postby Mitchell » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:34 am

I'd use it...but I'm trying to be LESS Grim and Gritty in my games...

and the last bad guy I used was a psychopathic killer madman...
I want to see everything there is, and then I want to see more.

Live long, and prosper. (Makes the Vulcan hand gesture)

C. S. Lewis Rocks!

Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sketchpad » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:55 am

Ganeesha wrote:Now I am wondering how to get this guy into Freedom City by the Weekend....without necesarily having him cut a bloody swathe to do so...

Pretty good concept and all...mind if I lift it? :lol:

That's the idea ;) As for how to fit him into a FC campaign? Well, once upon a dark and stormy night there rose a wind that chilled the town ... ;)

Ganeesha
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Ganeesha » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:04 pm

As for how to fit him into a FC campaign? Well, once upon a dark and stormy night there rose a wind that chilled the town ... ;)

Thanks, this I will do...lucky for me we play on halloween (not that we actually celebrate this where I am from but what the hell).

Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sketchpad » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:54 am

A few Capers for the Harvester are:

7th Son of a 7th Son: One of the players is a decendent of someone who wiped out the magicians. Now, in the present day, the Harvester has found this information and zeroed in on the character. How can his team mates stop an unstoppable killing machine?

Grudge Match: As a child, one of the character's NPCs was involved in an attack by The Harvester. Now an adult, the killer has come back to finish them off while with the hero's secret ID.

His Soul is MINE!: A magic wielding villain has bonded the little will that the Havester has to his control. Recently, the killer's been commiting odd crimes (bank robberies, museum raids, etc). How will the heroes counter the killer in time to find out who's really behind the thefts?

Riddler
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Riddler » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:08 am

I like this. Thanks for the little story seeds at the bottome. I especially like '7th Son' which reminds me a little of The Fog.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”