DCU Ch 2. Into the Sand Castle(IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

DCU Ch 2. Into the Sand Castle(IC)

Postby Hound » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Chapter 1

Your whole body aches, nothing responds as you try to move. You can not open your eyes, you can't even hear anything. It is as though a veil of fog has blanketed your brain, preventing anything from entering and exiting. It's hard to think.

You try to recall what happened, but you can not.

The veil begins to thin, you can hear voices. An very old, fragile, male voice and a young female voice are talking amongst themselves. A third man, who sounds in his prime grunts a few words.

The fog things a little more... You can feel your limbs but they still do not move. You're lying on a cold solid surface... it's as smooth as metal or marble, but no as round as cement or asphalt. You star hearing a thudding noise, like someone is taking a hammer to the wall. You can feel the vibrations reverberate through the ground and shake you slightly.

"Is this really them?"
The girl's voice asks, finally your ears seem to be working right. For those who's native tongue is Japanese, are confused to find they fully understand English... "Some of them don't look like much.... and what's wrong with this guy's skin? He's all yellow! Like a lemon!"

"Now is hardly the time to be picky, my dear." The older man groans. "Mordru has interrupted my spell, these six were all I was able to obtain."

"They.." The third man in his prime groaned as if lifting something insanely heavy, "Will have to do... Can't hold them back... much longer!"

"WIZARD!" A forth voice shouts, by the sound of him he is large and tough, "I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD FOR A TROPHY! I SHALL BLEACH YOUR SKULL AND HAVE IT MADE INTO A GOBLET FOR MY WINE!"

"Charming as always Adam..." Sighed the old voice.

Your limbs begin to work and you start sitting up. You're in an large man made cave. You see tending to you and the others like you is a young girl, 14 or 15, dressed like a warrior princess, but she looks like she's been run through the wringer. She is bruised and cut, with multiple bandages. She looks like she can barely carry her own sword...

Standing over top of you is an old man in a blue robe, he looks so weak that he may die any minute. Those who can sense energy or life forces note the man is nearly completely drained.

The third man, wearing bright gold on blue with a golden helmet seems to be using all of his power to create a force field which engulfs every one. His power seems nearly drained as well.

Out side of the bubble, trying to smash their way through are three individuals. A man with white skin and a blue spandex suit with a red cape smiles like a happy little child smashing away at the barrier. Another man with dark tan skin and pointed ears dressed in black with a golden lightning bolt across his chest joins the first man in trying to punch their way through.

The third and final person in the cave is another old man with creepy long fingernails, shooting a sustained red energy at the bubble trying to knock it down.

The six of you stand up, "I am sorry, Heroes, for this rude summons, but we are desperate." The wizard in blue addresses you, "Our world is in grave peril, you are our only hope."

"They can not save you Wizard!" Roared the man in black, "Your deaths will be slow and agonizing! I promise you!"

"I can't" the man in the golden helmet fell to his knees, "It's collapsing! Defend yourselves Heroes!"

"I promise to explain everything... if we live." The blue wizard explains just as the golden helmeted man collapses, and the bubble fades...

Roll Intiatives! Yes we start off in combat~ Weee~
Last edited by Hound on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: DCU Ch 1. "Where have all the Heroes gone?"(IC)

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Tomato
HP: 2

Her head hurts. Someone's yelling and pounding on a nearby wall.

Tomato somehow goes from prone to standing in the blink of an eye. "AH! What was I drinking?! Where am I?! At least I still have clothes on. Not in a bed, not sleeping next to anyone naked....."

Then she spots the man in the gold helmet.

"Oh, right: the summoning thing."

She turns her attention to the people outside the force-field. "So, two flying bruisers and one glowing-eyed wizard."

She draws her sword, an act that has to be seen to be believed because for one thing it's taller than she is.

"Right, now: any recommendations on who to whack first?"
Initiative: 1d20+13=20
Last edited by SilvercatMoonpaw on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Velma
HP: 1

I wake up i one of those weird situations. Like a bad dream, little girls and old men surround me. I wish I could say I didn't have this dream before. This time it's real. Pinching the bridge between my eyes to knock the sleep out of them, I pull myself up. There are others here. The majority of them can't be older than I was when... when I was with the gang. I can pine for my younger days later. Monsters are beating down the door. I can't say I've seen or heard of any of these faces.

The elf is quick to act. Elf. I've had my share of elves. There was a whole village of them. They were a cult that wanted to scare off the natives. More humans in funny costumes. I'm not one to complain about the one trying to ward off the monsters. I do wonder what the deal is here. Masters Lee and Chan taught me to fight when there was no other means of resistance. I'm not sure those muscle heads want to talk. We'll see... we'll see.

I nod to at the elf's comment and assume Mantis Stance as I assess the monsters. My heart is screaming that I should flee, but my head must be satisfied.

Going to be using the Assessment advantage when I can.
RIP Angel 1989-2011

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:50 pm

The man in the golden helmet fights to stand, "Heroes! Listen to me! The man in black will lose his powers if you can make him say Shazam. He is easy to anger. Use his rage against him. The man in blue is a simpleton. Strong body, weak mind. The bearded one's magic makeshim nigh invincible, but he has an acute phobia of being trapped, confined, or restricted in any way. If you can limit his actions or movements you will crumble his mind!"

The old man with disgustingly long finger nails takes aim at the helmet wearing man and fires a beam of red energy directly at his chest. The man screams and nearly passes out. "Silence, Doctor. Your band of misfits from accross the multiverse will do you no good."

Velma can tell that hitting these guys won't be the hard part, it's making what ever is used on them, actually hurt. A combination of brains and brute force will be needed to take them down. Her insight tells her the "Doctor" is telling the truth.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:06 pm

Miki
HP: 1 Cond: Confused

"Wait, what...?" Miki was used to the transit between worlds being a bit rough at times, but she was really worried when she lost sight of the butterflies guiding the way between the world of the living and Soul Society.

More worried still when she found herself surrounded by Europeans. She was holding her cellphone trying to reach headquarters, and she decided that there were two groups of Europeans. The ugly, threatening ones, and the ones with the cute girl.

The choice was clear.

What everyone saw was a confused dark-skinned young woman in tight jeans and a hoodie with rolled up sleeves. They saw her collapse on the ground immediately afterwards. Only those whose eyes could perceive spirits saw the same woman standing in traditional black gi and hakama, long, black hair cascading down to her lower back, and a katana at her side.

"Wait, are they alive? I'm not supposed to fight the living..."

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Mordru laughed, "Ahh! A spirit girl!" He snapped his fingers, "I am the greatest caster in all the world, a Lord of all Chaos, the prince of darkness! The Immortal one, Mordru! Seeing spirits is an easy thing for me. And now with a snap of my fingers, my commrades can see you too."
My Characters

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Samurai Jack
HP: 1 Cond: What Sorcery Is This?!?!?

Jack had been resting in the middle of a large forest, one of the few left in this mad world that was as of yet not visibly touched by the vile evils of Aku. The bounty hunters had been relentless, tracking him for days now. The warrior was surprised that they would persist for so long. One would think that he had shown they were clearly not his equals, and even in numbers they were no match for him. The wanderer sighed, staring up at the sky which had become grayed and overcast. Snow began to fall through the branches of the trees, and the weary samurai leaned back against the bark of a tree, smiling as he did so. He kept his blade close to him clutched in his hand as he tilted his wide, conical straw hat low over his face to shield him from the falling snow. The fire beside him burned low, and would be mere embers soon. The samurai shivered slightly, and smiled, assured that he would find a way back through time, where he could end Aku's reign of terror before it ever began.

-------------------------------------------

"Ugh..." the samurai groaned as he found himself waking. His head hurt, and he couldn't remember why. What had been going on? What was happening? So many questions assaulted the wanderer's thoughts, but he could not remember a thing. What is wrong with me? he questioned himself, and as with all the questions, he had the same answer: I do not know.

Voices, from beyond this veil about him. What were they? The warrior struggled to make them out, instinct suspecting that the bounty hunters had managed to take him while he slept. The scoundrels! He should not have let his guard down. How could he have allowed himself rest when he knew they were but days behind? His own foolishness had cost him now, and he would be delivered to Aku. But what if he was already in the demon's hands? The thought of this shook the mighty warrior, chilling him to the bone.

"No!" the warrior exclaimed aloud. He waved his hands about what he felt was the ground, looking for his blade. He did not feel it in his hand, as it had been when he had fallen asleep. Had those who were so consumed by greed that they would take him to Aku taken his blade from him?

Wait, that is strange. the samurai frowned, as he began to hear the voices more clearly, and noticed that the ground beneath him was cool, made of some solid material like stone or some such, not the earthen ground of the large forests he had been in. And he could feel through the ground the relentless staccato of some thuds sending vibrations through the ground. And the voices, they spoke in a tongue he remembered from long ago. What was that tongue...English! Yes, that was it. The language was English, a tongue he had learned from his tutor in the arts of archery, Robyn of Loxely, gentleman rogue in lincoln green who warded the forest Sherwood. It was his language...but it was different from the one he was used to.

His sight began to clear, but as his time assaulting the tower of the blind archers had taught him, do not trust first what the eyes see, listen and anticipate. So the samurai listened carefully to the words that the people about him spoke, his mind remembering the language more and more as he did while he blinked his eyes to clear his vision. How strange it was, what they were saying. Who were these people? Their voices were not the sort of bounty hunters, and the warrior had met all sorts of bounty hunters during his travels. Jack thought hard about this. Could he trust these people? If he could, why had they taken him? If he could not trust these voices, would he be better off feigning unconsciousness?

Never! the warrior's spirit roared, and the wanderer agreed. Whatever this was, he had to face it head on. There was no way about it. Jack was no stranger to waking in strange places, but he had to be careful about himself.

A shout rocked his ears, from someone loud. Jack's instincts screamed that the voice came from someone who meant harm and evil. And it shouted against a WIzard. The samurai's eyes shot open at the word 'wizard'. He had known few wizards, and most of those he had encountered always meant some harm. Jack sat upright in a sudden movement, staring about as his eyes took in the scene in a glance.

He was in a cave, that much was certain. It seemed to have been carved, the formation appeared slightly unnatural. There was a girl, just a little younger than he had been when he was at the finish of his training. His thoughts raged as he noticed how injured the girl was. Sure, she wore the garb of a warrior woman and carried a strange glowing sword made of crystal - one of many oddities the samurai had gotten accustomed to that he had become jaded to strangeness - but that was no excuse for one to injure such a young girl! The samurai struggled to move his arms more, and found them slowly answering to his urges. He had to keep her safe. He then noticed the old man's voice was weak and failing. An old man, appearing so aged and weary. From the side at the angle the samurai saw him, the warrior could almost see his honorable father's indefatigable spirit instead. The two seemed so similar, but where his father was roaring and standing firm, the old man was beginning to falter from strain. He seemed so...so weak. The samurai's attention then fell towards the groans of the man in the blue and gold. Such odd colors...but he wore a gold helmet that seemed to glow in Jack's eye, and from his hands spewed great golden beams of energy. Jack wondered if this was the Wizard, and whether it was by his doing that he had been brought here. Jack followed the energy, wondering why a wizard or sorcerer would be so strained. He had never seen a sorcerer appear so tired - Aku only tired when exhausting himself physically or from the pain of dealing with his ancestral blade. Who are these people... the samurai wondered.

His attention was then turned to those on the other side of the field of energy. And who are they? he questioned himself with more urgency. It now appeared to the samurai that the three he had gazed upon were attempting to shield him, and...others? There were others here, but the warrior could not pay them much attention now. They were beginning to wake as well. The wanderer felt for these innocents who would be wrapped up in his own troubles, but there was a small part of him that was beginning to suspect that these others had little to do with him. Was he about to enter another arena like the one where he had faced all those gladiators? Was that why the girl, the old man, and the helmeted man in gold (his helmet strangely similar to that of the gladiators or that of the the Spartans he had fought alongside) were protecting him, trying to keep him from death in the arena? It seemed strange that a sorcerer like the person in gold would be forced to fight in an arena, or was he part of the rescue? And if so, why would he, a sorcerer, lower his own pride as a wielder of the power of magic to aid one like Jack? The samurai had never met these people, yet they appeared to wish to aid him? No, as he listened more intently, and his mind reminded him. You are here to help them.

Jack reached down, as he brought his legs to move into a low crouch. He was surprised his hat was still on, though it mattered little. As his hands brushed the floor, he noticed to his surprise that his finger tips met the coolness of a sheath. The samurai smiled. Gripping the sheathe, the samurai began to rise, taking full view of those on the other side of the barrier. An ugly man in strange clothing bearing what the warrior believed was the English letter for 'S' upon his chest, and a strange alien-like man with a thunderbolt upon his, both pounding upon the golden barrier. Initially pitying the ugly man, for it appeared like he was dim-witted and child like in innocence, possibly manipulated by a higher evil such as Aku. But, the being with the thunderbolt appeared rather human, save the pointed ears and apparently magical ability to fly and pound upon the barrier with such force. A thunderbolt upon the chest...could it be a follower of Thor? The Norse god of storms that the samurai had heard about when he learned sailing from the Viking warriors of Vinland. No, it did not seem like such. The thunderbolt-man's face was contorted with far greater rage than a follower of Thor would allow themselves to steep to. He seeped of vile evil, and the curses he spewed only seemed to further justify this assumption for the samurai. But further looks revealed the beam of a red magical energy, attempting to break the shield. Jack followed it to find a similarly aged man, though this was clearly a sorcerer, and from his magic, Jack could feel the malevolence in his bones. Especially the long fingernails, much like the sorcerer who had turned him into a chicken those many moons ago.

Jack gripped the sheath of his sword, readying himself for battle as he slid the sheathe into his obi. He got to his feet, hard wooden geta clacking slightly on the stone floor. His fists tightened, knowing that he would make such evil doers pay for their injustices. They had likely harmed such a little girl, and caused such pain to an elder. Even the sorcerer who protected them was faltering, and the barrier seemed to fade. The old man had turned to him, and though the samurai's mind was still trying to process the nuances of his speech, the message was clear. This was not his world, but he was here to protect the innocent from evils, evils such as the three now breaking the faltering barrier. Jack's face tightened, and the edges of his mouth began to droop ever so slightly. The samurai moved forward, his feet moving almost silently over the stone floor, a marvel for one wearing wooden geta, and he stood by the young girl, and said softly to her, though loudly enough that she would hear his query, "If these are those who harmed you, I shall ensure they never do again."

In the corner of his vision, he could see the others who had woken near him line themselves up to fight against these three as well. Who are they? the samurai wondered once more. The old man called them 'Heroes', as he did I. Are they warriors like me? Do they stand here to fight against this injustice as well? The samurai heaved a silent sigh. Very well then. I shall fight with these strangers, and in battle, we shall see if we can trust one another...Though they are rather strange...

He then stalked forward, hand on his blade, wondering if he would have to draw his sword against mortal flesh. He had rarely ever done so, and while the beings seemed human, they were clearly inhuman. And against the sorcerer, there was no doubt, the samurai would draw his ancestral blade, and bring it down to stop their evils.

The man in the golden helmet shouted something to him, and Jack's mind took it in, processing it, though the samurai did not consciously listen. He focused his concentration upon the three on the other side of the falling barrier, left hand clutching the smooth black sheathe of his blade, as the other lightly grasped the hilt of his fine sword, ready to draw it in an instant. He raised his head slightly, meeting the gaze of the three on the other side of the falling barrier, his mind telling him what the golden man had just shouted so he might stand against them. He also caught the hautiness of the wicked sorcerer, and narrowed his eyes at the magician. The sorcerer was pompous, much like Aku, and if he truly was the master of evils he claimed to be, Jack knew he could not let him go. Like Demongo, such a sorcerer had to be taught a lesson, if not destroyed.

Samurai Jack stepped forward, and waited for the attack.

OOC wrote:Initiative: 1d20+15 = 30.

I also have Assessment, though it is with an Insight of +11 rather than 20. What would Jack figure out from that?

Other than that, it's good to finally start this game!

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:06 am

Due to the fact that everyone was just ripped out of their home, and thrown accross the multiverse to land directly into combat they couldn't avoid, everyone starts with 2 Hero Points instead of 1.
My Characters

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Radioactive Man
Condition: Fine

"Fallout Boy! Turn away! It's a trap!" Radioactive Man is bound by lead chains as the Threatening Threesome cackle.

The Scarlet Floozy rubs her hands together as she steps towards the bound hero. In a mocking tone, she sneers, "It's a trap! Run, Fallout Boy! Run! Hahahahaha!"

The Human Lawn Dart bends over and charges Radioactive Man with his spiky head. "Hey, Radioactive Man! I've got a point to make!"

The atomic superhero swings to one side, causing the Human Lawn Dart to slam into a brick wall. "Bullseye? More like a black eye courtesy of Lady Justice!"

"Jiminy jillickers!" Fallout Boy exclaims. "It's now two against one!"

"With justice and good ol' American gumption on your side, you're never alone, Fallout Boy! Watch out!" Mr. Kidney Punch sneeks up behind Fallout Boy and punches him in the kidneys! Fallout Boy wrenches back and falls to the ground. Radioactive Man looks up to the heavens. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Just then a bright flash engulfs Radioactive Man's senses and then he appears in strange surroundings. His mind is foggy at first, but soon clears. He looks around the room--a cave, really--and notices strange looking people all around. Some on the floor; some standing and watching. A gold and blue robot man seemed to be trapping them all within a force field of some kind. A human menagerie? It was the only explanation.

Still bound by the lead chains, Radioactive Man rolled over and struggled to his feet. He not-so-nimbly used the cave wall to brace against and finally stood erect. "What sorcery is this? Unhand me, vile fools! I will not be a monkey in your zoo, throwing feces for your amusement!"

Hound wrote:The man in the golden helmet fights to stand, "Heroes! Listen to me! The man in black will lose his powers if you can make him say Shazam. He is easy to anger. Use his rage against him. The man in blue is a simpleton. Strong body, weak mind. The bearded one's magic makes him nigh invincible, but he has an acute phobia of being trapped, confined, or restricted in any way. If you can limit his actions or movements you will crumble his mind!"

"I will defeat you all! Momentarily...," the atomic hero boasts as he struggled to loose his chains. "Where's Fallout Boy when I need him? *gasp* No! Fallout Boy! I shall avenge you!"

OOC wrote:initiative (1d20+20=40)

I'm also adding a complication to my character: he cannot use super powers against something made of lead. He doesn't lose his powers, they just don't work against lead.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Radioactive Man 40
Jack 30 (Higher Initiative bonus, so Jack's first)
Tomato 30
Miki 21
Mordru 20
Black Adam 16
Bizzaro 12
Velma 11
Karin(Still Deactivated, able to roll Initiative and jump in when she awakens, considered "delaying action")
Dr. Fate, Shazam, and Princess Amethyst are not in the fight

Shazam targets Radioactive Man and casts a simple spell making the chains fall to the ground with ease, freeing the hero.
The spell may surprise and confused Radioactive man, Roll a Will or Insight, DC of 20. If you fail, Radioactive man becomes Dazed and earns a Hero Point.

Radioactive man is first to act...
My Characters

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Nineofspades » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:34 am

Karin
HP 2

>WARNING: NONCOMPATIBLE IMPUT
>ERROR Unrecognized energy signature
>ERROR Anomalous External Environment
>ERROR Data Corruption Detected
>SIGNAL LOST
>WARNING: SYSTEM STABILITY COMPROMISED
>>>PRIORITY ALERT CRITICAL SYSTEMS THREATENED
>>>PRIORITY ALERT CRITICAL SYSTEMS FAILURE IMMENENT
>>>PRIORITY ALERT USER CONCIOUSNESS THREATENED
>EMERGENCY SHUT DOWN
>SWITCHING TO STANDBY
>... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
>DISENGAGE STANDBY
>ERROR Systems Non-Responsive
>BEGIN DIAGNOSTICS
>>>INTENRAL PROCESSING SPEED...5%
>>>WEAPONS SYSTEMS...Offline
>>>SENSORY SYSTEMS...Offline
>>>PRIMARY OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS...Offline
>>>SECONDARY OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS...Offline
>>>MOTOR SYSTEMS...Offline
>>>FLIGHT SYSTEMS...Offline
>>>REPAIR SYSTEMS...Offline
>>>DAMAGE SENSORS...Online
>>>>>>>SCAN FOR DAMAGE
>>>>>>>SCAN COMPLETE: Undamaged
>>>MEMORY SYSTEMS...Online
>>>POWER CELL...Online
>>>USER CONCIOUSNESS...Offline
>DIAGNOSTICS COMPLETE
>DEEP LAYER PROTOCALLS...Engaged
>PREPARE FOR REBOOT
>>>REBOOTING...0%
>>>REBOOTING...17%
>>>REBOOTING...44%
>>>REBOOTING...82%
>>>REBOOTING...100%
>REBOOT COMPLETE
>BEGIN DIAGNOSTICS
>>>ALL SYSTEMS...Online
>>>USER CONCIOUSNESS...Offline
>DIAGNOSTICS COMPLETE
>ACTIVATE USER

Karin, Its time to wake up

...........................................................................................

Karin groaned slightly, feeling rather sore all over. Last thing she remembered, she was fighting a Vlitra Invasion in the south Atlantic. Things had been going well, but then...it gets fuzzy. First thing she was aware off was her GPS telling her it had no signal. Internal clock was giving out some weird readings to. That...that had never happened before. Was she outside her service area? Wait a second, did she even have a service area? None of her operators had ever indicated she had a limited range she could move in.

Sitting up, she kept her eyes closed as she rubbed her forehead, trying to get things sorted out in her brain. It wasn't until a sudden calamitous noise that knocked her off her behind, that she realized she'd zoned out a bit. Eyes snapping open, she was greeted with a lot of unfamiliar sights. A cave of some kind, the strangest looking people she'd ever seen. "What the...?" She began, but was cut off as her black box started filling in the gaps, replaying whatever her sensors had picked up while she was offline.

Wizards, Magic, Summonings, Strangers in a strange land. That...was an awful lot to handle in one go. A bunch of weirdo's on the other side of the barrier seemed to be howling for Karin's head, and she'd never even met them before. "Ohhhh, Whys this stuff always happen to me?" she grumbled to herself, voice tinged with melancholy.

Moping would have to wait though, given the circumstances. Given the two choice, either the people who were on the same side of the barrier as her, or the people trying to batter their way through said barrier to get to them and inflict who knows what kind of harm, it wasn't a tough choice who to side with.

Standing to her feet, Karin did her best to look intimidating, but really only managed to look nervous as she stood there. "Um...Please don't make me hurt you"

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:40 am

Radioactive Man
Condition: Fine

The lead chains magically fall to the ground after the old man cast some spell on Radioactive Man. "Sorcery!" the atomic hero exclaims, incredulous. Just then, a red ray beam blasts the old man and he falls to the ground. The source: another old man! "Senicide! And by a beam of energy redder than the commie flag! You're bad news, pinko! Up and atom!"

Radioactive Man leaps into the air and throws a quick punch at the old man.

OOC wrote:insight (1d20+8=27)

RM will punch and grab Mordru, holding him in a grapple.
unarmed attack (1d20+8=20) DC 27 toughness
If that hits, grab check uses same roll with Fast Grab, DC 22.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:29 am

Round 1
Radioactive Man 40
Jack 30
Tomato 30
Miki 21
Mordru 20
Karin 19
Black Adam 16
Bizzaro 12
Velma 11

Radioactive man's might punch is enough to lift the Wizard up off the ground, yet the wizard appears unharmed. Wasting no time or movement, Radioactive man uses the opening to grab the wizard from behind putting him into a "Full Nelson."

The Wizard roars with anger, "NO! NO! NO! YOU CAN NOT BIND ME!"

The Wizard's mental stability weakens...

Tomato and Jack are Up
My Characters

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:43 am

Tomato
HP: 1 (1 spent)

With a dash Tomato is right in front of the evil wizard. But instead of striking him she whips the braided fiber tassels dangling off the handle at him, which grow as they arc until they are a mass of vines snaking around every part of his body wrapping creepy evil in woody tangles.
Power Attack: 1d20+13-5=10
HP re-roll: 1d20+13-5=16 + 10 = 26
DC 19+5 = 24 Dodge vs Hindered + Vulnerable, Defenseless + Immobile

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Samurai Jack
HP: 2 Cond: Fight.

The samurai tightened his grip on his ancestral blade, closing his eyes as he stepped forward into the fray. Some of these other strangers were shouting and fighting. The strange yellow man in red screaming strange things had smashed into the evil wizard and held him in a tight hold, preventing him from moving his arms. The warrior almost raised his eyebrows in surprise, recognizing it as a technique similar to one the greeks had used when teaching him grappling. The wizard seemed bound by the yellow and red man, and a large woman wielding a rather strange sword, one that was much larger than the samurai would have considered wieldly, and suddenly vines had grown massive arcs of vines to snake about the held wizard from the hilt.

The samurai exclaimed in surprise, "What sorcery is this?!?" He was about to cut the vines, to destroy the sorcerous magic, when he realized that the vines were only growing to wrap around the evil wizard. The samurai hesitated, knowing that the wizard would only benefit if he destroyed them, so the wanderer turned to the other two. The dim witted and foolish man in blue with the "s", and the angry man with pointed ears and thunderbolt emblazoned upon his chest. They were flying in, somehow defying gravity, heading right towards the fallen gold sorcerer, the old man, and the little girl. Jack frowned deeply, and his eyes narrowed dangerously as he stepped in their path faster than any could have thought possible. He held that position, feeling his inner energies and qi flow through him, power surging through his veins. His presence began to surge and spark violently, and imposed upon his foes a sense of extreme danger, inciting in them primal fear and terror, telling them to stand down, flee, surrender and retreat. The very air of this man exuded such danger and deadliness, that even moving against him would mean unsurmountable defeat.

"Yield," the samurai said, before suddenly lifting his head to meet the two with his terrible glare, forcing his foes to feel instinctively the force of his strength. In their instincts, he was the alpha, and all reason told them to stand down. "Yield, NOW!"

OOC wrote:Okay, so move in between Black Adam/Bizarro and Princess/Shazam/Dr. Fate for Move Action, then free action activate Overwhelming Chi and Standard action to get them to surrender and yield to Jack, at a check of 30 resisted by either Will or Insight.

Return to “M&M Game Room”