Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC [HIATUS]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC [HIATUS]

Postby Bombaatu » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:44 am

Last edited by Bombaatu on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby Bombaatu » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Justice League: Legacies
Episode 1: "Storm Front"


The Tri-City Area of Gotham, Metropolis and New York
July 8th, 2011


Metropolis - Siegel Bridge

A ribbon of automobiles, buses and motorcycles moved at a glacial pace along the expanse that connected lower Manhattan to The Big Apricot. Heat-haze shimmered above the baking hoods and roofs of those portable ovens, and the fume-choked air echoed with the sound of frustrated honking. Here and there, a reddened shouting face erupted from a stopped vehicle, gesticulating wildly and oft-times offensively.

The cabbie sniffed a moment at the amateurish level of swearing, then reached for the radio.

*click* "…was another scorcher today, with highs hitting triple digits for the third straight week and folks, there is no let-up in sight. Tri-City area residents are urged to drink plenty of water and to limit outdoor activities as much as possible. The fire departments of Gotham, Metropolis and New York are reminding citizens that opening fire hydrants is a fin-able offen…"
*skkr* "…decision is expected today on the Brasil Island Development Project. Environmentalists groups led by Dr. Pamela Isley's Verdant Vista Foundation had filed an injunction to stop the development, claiming the forested island was a vital habitat for several threatened species of plants, insects and birds. Daggett Industries claims that construction of the planned resort would revitalize Gotham's econo…"
*skkr* "…ect delays in the vicinity of the U.N. as streets are blocked off for the exected arrival of Queen Mera of Atlantis. Tensions have reached an all-time high after last week's attack on a Quraqi oil tanker and a Japanese whaling ship. The Japanese and Quraqi ambassadors are attributing the attacks to the self-exiled Atlantean King, Orin. The government of Atlantis has categorically denied thes.."
*skkr*"...Ev-ry-bo-dy Wants to Rule the Wor-rld..."
*click*

He switched it off with resigned sniff and glanced longingly at the NY-bound lane, which was speeding along its merry way. He turned to his passenger - a skinny, freckle-faced red-haired man with a scholarly (if absent-minded) look. "Sorry 'bout dis, Mac, but youse know howzit goez, yah? Anyway, whuddidyouse say you diHOLYCRAAP!!!"

The cabby's exclamation was punctuated by the blare of sirens, the screeching of tires and the sound of rending metal and shattering glass. The cab jolted as cars in the incoming lane impacted their side-rails and the glare of a fireball illuminated the rear-view mirrors. The air was punctuated with automatic gunfire and screams when suddenly a winged shape blotted out the sun. The cabby whipped back and forth trying to see everything as he screamed into his dispatch radio. A movement caught the corner of his eye and his jaw dropped as he saw his passenger slither out the window! A moment later, an impossibly long arm thrust a couple of $20 bills into his hand.

Gotham City - East End
Ladder Company 12


The table was laid out for a large but simple dinner - heaping bowls of chili steamed and pitchers of iced tea sat sweating on the red checkered tablecloth. The lack of diners and a couple overturned chairs told the tale eloquently enough - Gotham's Bravest were being called to duty once more.

"FIRE AT THE CORNER OF MILLER AND O'NEAL - DISPATCH LADDER PUMP AND AMBULANCE - SPREAD DANGER IS HIGH REPEAT SPREAD DANGER IS HIGH - LADDER COMPANIES TWELVE FOURTEEN EIGHTEEN RESPOND - REPEAT FIRE AT *skkr*" The loudspeaker was switched off as the fire captain responded "DISPATCH LADDER TWELVE ENROUTE ETA FOUR MINUTES - Ok, MOVE it, people! There's a barbeque and we're invited! C'mon, Kowalski, git up there!"

The fire engine surged out of the garage and into the rush-hour traffic. Cars swerved out the way as best they could in response to the strident wail but they were as packed in as sardines and had no room. A blaring horn echoed over the siren as the fire-truck mounted the curb, scattering pedestrians in its wake as it rushed to its sacred duty.

On a rooftop high above, a figure in purple and grey armor watched the truck - ahead she could see the column of smoke and flame rising into the evening sky. Over her helmet radio she could hear the calls for assistance and the reports of stalled responders. With a flare of jets she moved. Down below, firetruck raced against time, brave men and women clinging to its side. As it passed, sunlight shone between the high buildings and gleamed off an emerald ring.

New York City - Midtown Manhattan
The UN Building


"FISHIES GO HOME!! FISHIES GO HOME!! FISHIES GO HOME!!"

The chant of the protestors was deafening even through the thickly-armored glass of the limosine. "What insolence! How DARE they...!" sputtered Lord Aeron, Commander of the Queen's Guard. A delicate but firm hand laid upon his shoulder and a regal voice spoke. "Patience, Lord Aeron - be at peace. They feel themselves wronged and see us as the instigator of their troubles. Let us not give them further reason to hate."
The Queen of Atlantis watched as her shield-man nodded curtly, then sat back and look out the window. Regal and forgiving her words may be, but her reflection told the tale plainly. Grief and worry had etched themselves into the beautiful face and sadness tinged her eyes.

At last the motorcade drew to a stop and security men - surface-dwellers - held back the crowds. Overhead, snipers were poised, scanning the crowd for any overt threat. How these people could live like this was beyond her - the constant threat of violence, the stink of the air and water, and the repressive, unrelenting heat. She longed for the peaceful cool waters of her home... but heavy lies the head that wears the crown.

At last, one of the surface-dwellers opened the limo door, and the noise and heat was like a physical impact. Lord Aeron and and his spearmen filed out first, along with the newly-minted 'Aquaman'. More shouts rose as people shook crudely-lettered signs. Lord Aeron suspiciously scanned the crowd, his eyes moving from possible threat to possible threat, pausing here and there. However, there was no weapon in sight and he nodded to his liege and helping her out. Past her guards the Queen could see her official host standing on the stairs leading into the United Nations building - the Themysciran envoy named Atalanta.

As she got out, her guards fell into their customary spaces around her, tridents gleaming in the too-hot sun. "Forgive me, my Queen", said Lord Aeron as they mounted the steps. "It's just business."

The odd turn of phrase puzzled her but a moment before she saw the tips of her trusted guard's trident erupt from her abdomen.

OOC wrote:Aaaand we're off. Everyone starts out with an extra HP for Complication: Civilians In Danger! Aquaman will start with one extra on top of that for Relationship: Queen Mera
Last edited by Bombaatu on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Jameson
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2600
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:48 am
Location: an hour west of Beantown

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby Jameson » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Putty
HP: 2 • Cond.: semi-viscous

Andrew felt like a hot tire on black asphalt, hot and sticky. The apparently didn't recognize him, being out of his hero's uniform, and had proceeded to blather on and on about this or that or something else. Andrew was happy to tune it out, which was easy since he could just fill his ears over and shut out the din entirely. Were it not for the heat the quiet might have been meditative. His ears stoppered over Andrew didn't hear the radio, didn't hear the sudden eruption of gunfire, and might have been entirely caught off guard if the driver hadn't turned and craned his neck and head out the window. Andrew's own head swiveled one hundred and eighty degrees on his neck and wobbled a bit. His jaw dropped, a good foot and a half, pooling on his shoulder, and his eyes bulged, pressing against the rear window, as he saw the havoc and chaos coming their way.

Time to bounce into action! he thought as he relaxed the solidity of his form and extruded himself through the narrowly open window. His legs brought him up some thirty feet and he took a step away from the cab before stopping himself. Sparing a moment he retrieved a few bills and hastily extended his hand to the cabbie while he tromped down the bridge on legs like the world's tallest stilts. Putty, the Pliable Paladin, the Ductile Daredevil, the Malleable Madcap, was on the job! Looking up Putty looked for the source of the winged shadow, his arms already lengthening, curling into looped springs ready to grab the dasterdly no-gooder.
Last edited by Jameson on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Hawkgirl
HP: 2; Condition: Purposeful

"Crap!" Hawkgirl was suddenly twisting and waving in the air. She was following the highways from her home in Washington to New York. Her aunt Dawn was worried about something happening there given Queen Mera's visit, and history had proven that if Dawn worried, everybody else should too.

Hawkgirl loved flying, especially at the speeds her Nth-metal wings allowed, and so she'd been rather distracted as she overflew the bridge, and the explosion caught her completely by surprise and, when she descended to check it out, she was received by gunfire.

She climbed in a sharp angle and twisted around her own axis, pulling her wings close to present a narrower profile while she put some distance and a lot of gravity between her and the attackers. She recovered and circled the structure, flying low, just a few feet above the cars on the bridge. Her wings beat sharply a couple of times, giving her speed and keeping her level as she rushed back to where the shots came from. Somebody was going to pay for shooting at her.

User avatar
OptimusPrimieval
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby OptimusPrimieval » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Green Lantern
HP:2 Condition: Green


Matthew could hear the sirens approaching all too slowly. He knew all to well how critical timing was. Also, he knew traffic wasn't going to budge an inch. Rocks could be made to bleed faster than Gotham could move during rush hour, he thought to himself bitterly. They were going to need as much help as they could get. Did that engine just hop the CURB?!

An instant later there was a bright flash of emerald light and without hesitation Matthew rocketed out after the speeding engine. He reached out with his will and a massive emerald hand lifted the engine off the ground, "Hang on Ladder Twelve!", he yelled to the engine crew as he closed along side, "I'm a Green Lantern and i'm here to help!"

Flying no faster than he dared - with a fire engine in tow - Matthew headed straight for the corner of Miller and O'neal. Placing the engine gently to the ground he shouted, "Get started on that inferno! I'll get as many people out as I can!"
This space for rent.

Optimus's 150 Threadhttp://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40520

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby Bladewind » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Atalanta
HP: 2, Condition: Wary

The uniform that Atalanta wore was something more akin to an armoured version of the costume she wore as a "superhero." The sunlight glinted off her bracers, identifying her as an Amazon and a "show" that she reserved only for official situations such as this...

"Solomon, grant me patience to match your wisdom..." Atalanta allowed the thought to pass through her mind for a brief moment. However it was a moment that she might have to rethink as it was in that momen that Queen Mera's men attacked...

Atalanta stepped in front of the two other Amazons serving as representativess of her home and leapt up and over the crowd towards the attackers.

Atalanta's first instinc will be to scatter the attackers. Civilians take precedence and if possible, she will attempt to get the queen to safety - and a hospital .

User avatar
Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1142
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby Sojobo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Aquaman
HP: 3
LP: 1
Cnd: Fatigued


The chant of the protestors was deafening even through the thickly-armored glass of the limosine. "What insolence! How DARE they...!" sputtered Lord Aeron, Commander of the Queen's Guard. A delicate but firm hand laid upon his shoulder and a regal voice spoke. "Patience, Lord Aeron - be at peace. They feel themselves wronged and see us as the instigator of their troubles. Let us not give them further reason to hate."
The Queen of Atlantis watched as her shield-man nodded curtly, then sat back and look out the window. Regal and forgiving her words may be, but her reflection told the tale plainly. Grief and worry had etched themselves into the beautiful face and sadness tinged her eyes.


Kaldur listened to Lord Aeron and Queen Mera silently, then turned to look out the windows of their limousine once again. There was so much anger out there, and no matter how many times he tried to heed the Queen's advice and tell himself over and over that it was just ignorance and misunderstanding he saw, nothing more, he still rankled at the jeering crowds and their signs and slurs.

As the Aquaman and symbol of Atlantis, he was here in largely a symbolic role; his friend Wally West would have called him a mascot, and he smiled at the thought. How he missed the simpler times of his youth, when there was good and there was evil... and his hero King Orin had been there at his side, on the side of good.

Now, there was only politics, hateful politics that Kaldur couldn't help but think were fueled by his former hero's actions.

They had arrived at their destination; Lord Aeron and his spearmen helped the Queen exit the vehicle. He paused a moment before stepping out himself, readying himself the both the heat of the day and the deluge of camera flashes ("the surface dwellers like to take 'photographs' " Queen Mera had told him with a smirk). He took his place to the side and slightly behind his Queen, and together they paused a moment to allow the journalists to do their job. The new Aquaman still wore the suit he had donned as Aqualad, though now the black Λ on his belt had been replaced with a larger, more stylized golden version, as befitted his new station. On his back were his trusty Water-Bearers, thrust into the small, backpack like technomagical aquakinesis generator that, together with the sorceries embedded into his Atlantean tattoos, gave him control over water.

"Forgive me, my Queen", said Lord Aeron as they mounted the steps. "It's just business."

The odd turn of phrase puzzled her but a moment before she saw the tips of her trusted guard's trident erupt from her abdomen.


Aquaman's eyes widened in horror as he saw Queen Mera's blood spurt out onto the steaming pavement. "Aeron, what are you doing?!" Crying out in rage, Aquaman leaps upon Lord Aeron, attempting to drag him away from Queen Mera.

"SAVE THE QUEEN!" he roared to the spearmen, moments before he began to question their loyalty. After all, the traitorous dog Aeron was their commander... no matter what happened, Queen Mera had to survive.
Whew, talk about hitting the ground running. First off, Initiative (1d20+2=17).

Next, Aquaman will attempt to Grab Aeron (1d20+12=28). If the attack roll lands, Aquaman's Grab check DC is 19. He will NOT activate his Electric Aura, or use his Grab-based Shocking Grasp power, because he's going to use Extra Effort to Surge and I want to keep his array untapped. Not canceling the Fatigue yet cuz, c'mon, its just Fatigue.

With his Surge, Aquaman will use Create 7 to create a watery coccoon around Mera, to act as a shield, and also to sort of "bandage" Mera's wound.

Also, can I make an Insight roll to get a feel for which of the Atlanteans are traitors and which are still loyal? Here's the roll anyway: Insight check (1d20+6=25)

GleamingTerrier
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:26 am

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby GleamingTerrier » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Huntress
HP: 2 Condition: Prepared

Despite the seriousness of the situation, Huntress actually smiles to herself in the suit. An actual fire, for a suit designed to fight fires? How quaint. I usually have to deal with street criminals and, if I'm really lucky, Arkham escapees.

"Visual spectrum analysis," she says as she arcs in a tight turn above the burning building. "Gramps, see if you can find me a hole in the roof big enough for me to get through, or at least a spot to put down that I won't tumble through. I'd be fine, but I don't want to hurt anyone underneath me."

Tara's going in through the roof, sweeping the floors starting from the top looking for anyone trapped.
Currently playing:
Huntress in Justice League: Legacies

User avatar
Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby Bombaatu » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:35 am

Metropolis - Siegel Bridge

Image
From her vantage point, Hawkgirl could see the situation. Two vehicles - a black SUV and an armored truck - had contained heavily-armed combatants. The SUV had collided with a old-model station wagon apparently containing a family on vaction, scattering luggage across the roadway as it careened into the side rail. It is currently teetering, balanced precariously on the edge. Other vehicles swerved to avoid the collision and caused accidents of their own. A gas tanker truck jack-knifed and rolled, its spilled cargo causing a massive fireball.

In the ensuing chaos, the suspects boiled out of their vehicles and took up defensive positions among the hapless motorists, using them as human shields as they poured fire onto the severely outmatched police. Overhead, news helicopters that had been simply reporting on traffic were converging on the scene.

OOC wrote:The mercenaries have total cover against the cops, but only partial cover against Hawkgirl and Putty. The cops are crouched down behind their cars and have total cover against the mercenaries, but they are not returning fire due to the proximity of the civilians. At least one officer is down. The trucker is trapped in the cab of the burning tanker and the station wagon is teetering on the edge of the bridge - panicked faces are showing its windows. Some car doors are opening as frightened passengers make a run for it, whereas others are hunkering down and covering their heads. Traffic is at a dead stop in both directions.

Inits:
Hawkgirl 26
Cops 17
Mercenaries 17
Putty 12
Bystanders 0

Putty, if you wish to reroll, please let me know. You will not be able to top Hawkgirl, so she should go ahead and post.

User avatar
Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby Bombaatu » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:39 am

Gotham City - East End

Image

Firemen are among the bravest men in the world... but being plucked 40 feet into the air within a glowing green bubble was bound to cause even the most hardened among them a moment of pause. However, it was only a moment. Once they were set down, training and instinct took over and the well-oiled machine of FDGC Ladder 12 sprang into action. Each man knew his part and performed it well, each depending on his fellow firemen to do their part... until one of them wasn't there.

"Ok, Murphy and O'Brian, get those hoses hooked up! Kowalski, you're on ladder! Quinn... QUINN! GawdDAMMIT!!! WHERE'S QUINN?!?"

GL gets a HP for his Responsibility complication.


Within, the building was a hell of flame and toxic smoke. The roar of fire and the groan of the dying building could not quite drown out the pleas for help within... or the maniacal laughter down the hall.

"YeeeeaaaahhYEAHYEAH!! BURN, baby, BUUURRRNNN!!!!" *Fwoosh*
The villain known as 'Heat Wave' was having the time of his life. The gun in his hand sprayed liquid flame all along the wall and ceiling, adding to the already-intense blaze.

The ring spoke, its voice clear in Matthew's mind. "Municipal records indicate this dwelling houses 78 humans organized into 16 nuclei of varying size plus 14 single-occupant cells. Atmosphere composition is toxic to human life - evacuation of occupants is indicated. Without outside assistance, the building will collapse before all occupants can be removed. This collapse will be hastened by the human 12 meters away, who is targeting a load-bearing wall with his incendiary equipment."

Huntress wrote:"Visual spectrum analysis," she says as she arcs in a tight turn above the burning building. "Gramps, see if you can find me a hole in the roof big enough for me to get through, or at least a spot to put down that I won't tumble through. I'd be fine, but I don't want to hurt anyone underneath me."


"You could say 'please', young lady - your mother and I raised you better than that. Structural integrity is at 38.4% and falling rapidly. The fourth-floor fire escape on the north face will support your weight for at least 8.4 seconds. Internal atmosphere contains high levels of carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, benzene and hydrogen cyanide - on-board oxygen is recommended. The rapid spread and destructiveness of the fire suggest arson. Be careful, baby girl. Your mama would never let me hear the end of it if you got hurt."

Tara could hear the artificial voice shifting - the AI and data retrieval systems were still not quite fully integrated. Both modules worked independently, but the personality and inflections were lost while it conveyed information... something to work on later. The metal groaned as Tara landed and lifted the window. Within, a choking cough and a baby's cry rang out. A smoldering mobile hung above the rickety, second-hand crib as flames licked the ceiling. On the floor the mother, dressed in a house dress and slippers, tried to crawl to her child but is overcome with smoke.

OOC wrote:Ok - extended challenge time. Right now the "count" is zero. The fire will be put out after 10 "successes", but building will collapse after 10 "failures". Each round, the fire will cause 1 failure and Heat Wave will cause at least one more per round if not otherwise occupied. The use of fire extinguishers, hoses or other suitable equipment will cancel out a failure but cannot cause a success. Attempts to cause a "success" must be explained IC and then a power or skill check rolled. Note: this roll can cause successes but it can *also* cause failure(s)!

The environment is Extreme Heat and Visibility -5 - Huntress, your Darkvision will cut that penalty to -2. The air is also toxic - you both have immunity to suffocation so that's not an issue, but the civilians are not so lucky...

Inits:
Huntress 22
Green Lantern 21
Heat Wave 19
Firemen 5
Civilians 0

Note: Heat Wave & Green Lantern each have Partial Cover from the other due to visibility. It would be Total Cover, but GL is glowing green and Heat Wave is waving around a flame-thrower and wearing a shiny suit.
Last edited by Bombaatu on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
OptimusPrimieval
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby OptimusPrimieval » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:17 am

Green Lantern

HP: 2 (spent 1 on extraordinary effort) - Condition: Grim; Fatigued


"Ok, Murphy and O'Brian, get those hoses hooked up! Kowalski, you're on ladder! Quinn... QUINN! GawdDAMMIT!!! WHERE'S QUINN?!?"


If you guys only knew, Matthew thought to himself as he surveyed the situation.

The ring spoke, its voice clear in Matthew's mind. "Municipal records indicate this dwelling houses 78 humans organized into 16 nuclei of varying size plus 14 single-occupant cells. Atmosphere composition is toxic to human life - evacuation of occupants is indicated. Without outside assistance, the building will collapse before all occupants can be removed. This collapse will be hastened by the human 12 meters away, who is targeting a load-bearing wall with his incendiary equipment."


That makes him top priority then. Can't have the building coming down before anyone has a chance to get out. Matthew flew into the building, heading straight for that maniacal cackle.

"YeeeeaaaahhYEAHYEAH!! BURN, baby, BUUURRRNNN!!!!" *Fwoosh*


I've got to take this guy out fast before he can do anymore damage, Green Lantern's eyes narrow with grim determination.

"I'd ask you nicely to stop burning down the building but I get the impression you wouldn't listen anyway", he cuts loose in a release of emerald fury!

OOC: GL is going to use Extraordinary Effort for a stunt: Close Range Burst Area Affects Objects only Nullify Fire 10 - Will DC 21 (say that 3 times fast); and a Surge: Wrap him up in a cozy fire blanket construct (accurate +2/-2; +9 to hit wit a DC 17) with a FDGC #12 logo on it!

Construct attack roll: 1d20+9=26

Hoping that snuffs the fire in the room out and gives him something to think about while I wraps him up.
Last edited by OptimusPrimieval on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
This space for rent.

Optimus's 150 Threadhttp://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40520

User avatar
Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby Bombaatu » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:16 am

New York - The UN Building

Image

Chaos - that is the only word to describe the scene. Pistols cleared holsters and rifles lowered, all to the shouts of "DOWN!! GET DOWN ON THE GROUND NOW!!!" At Kaldur's roar of "SAVE THE QUEEN!", Lord Aeron turned to him and grinned. His right hand raised with its little finger extended, which he then moved in a downward swoop. Lord Aeron then looked over Kaldur's shoulder, stiffened then slumped. An instant before Kaldur's impact, he uttered a confused "My Queen??".

Kaldur wrenched Aeron's arm behind his back with one hand and drew one of his Water-Bearers with the other. Water from a fountain flowed and hardened itself in cocoon around Queen Mera. Inside, she slumped and a red haze flowed.

Two of the remaining guards flung their nets over the cocoon, seeking to drag it to the safety of the armored car, but the third grinned as he stuck his trident under the limo, using it as a lever to flip the vehicle.

Two security guards fire on the Atlantean, but he spins out of the way deftly. Bullets ricocheted off the armored bottom of the limo as a cry of pain rings out. The crowd screams and draws away, revealing a wounded reporter. Other security guards ring Kaldur and Aeron with weapons drawn, screaming at them to lay flat.

OOC wrote:Ok - I'm going to allow Aquaman's init to stand this time, but in the future I'll be rolling all inits at the beginning of combat.

The inits are:
Aquaman 17
Atlantean Guards 16
SWAT officers 15
Lord Aeron 12
Atalanta 8

Atalanta, if you'd like to reroll let me know. This round's actions will stand but you can take this turn then act again at whatever place in the init you come up to.

Aquaman: The two guards netting the Queen's cocoon are loyal but the one who flipped the limo isn't (obviously). Lord Aeron seems genuinely surprised and dismayed. He is struggling to reach the Queen but the act seems one of desparation, not anger or ill-intent.

Atalanta is up.

GleamingTerrier
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:26 am

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby GleamingTerrier » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:12 am

Huntress
HP: 2 Condition: Smokin'

Huntress jams her hands through the cheap plaster surrounding the window, pulling the entire frame out of the wall rather than crashing through and sending glass shrapnel showering down on the room's inhabitants. The moment she enters the room, she activates the fire extinguisher on her left arm, spraying a wall of foam around the room. The fire doesn't die down, but it's enough to allow her to get the baby safely out of the crib.

The infant, crying through the ordeal, stops when the extinguisher is sprayed. As Huntress approaches the crib, she looks down at the child, lightly coated with foam. "You look like the floor of a taxi cab," she says as she scoops up the child. Holding it under one arm, she tries to wake up the mother.

"You've got to get out of here," she says, sitting the woman up. The decreased flames in the room should mean more air is getting to her lungs. "Take the baby, head down the fire escape."

OOC wrote:The fire extinguisher should stop one failure this turn. Huntress is less concerned about the fire than getting people out, so I'm going to roll treatment to get the mother up and about so I don't have to spend a turn flying her and the baby out of the building.
Treatment - 1d20+9=26
Currently playing:
Huntress in Justice League: Legacies

User avatar
Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby Bombaatu » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Gotham City - East End

Image

With the fire in the room suppressed, Huntress escorted her charges to the window where the promise of salvation waited in the form of one Leonard Kowalski. His roughened and scarred hands were surpassingly gentle as he took the precious package from her mother's arms and then helped the terrified, coughing woman down the ladder. On the ground, medics waited with blankets, bandages and oxygen, while fire-fighters turned their hoses on the building. Outside in the hallway, the fire roars and crackles, continuing to consume all in its path.

One floor up, a giant, emerald-green fire extinguisher sprayed glittering "foam" to every reachable nook, smothering the hungry red beast. Simultaneously a similarly-colored see-through blanket wrapped around the arsonist, trapping him within its embrace. So intent was he on what he had wrought that he never even saw it coming until it was on top of him.

"Aw, HELL no! A Green Lantern?!? Ain't you s'posed to be out policin' Venusians or some crap like that?!?"

Triggering his flame-thrower, Heat Wave punched away and melted through the construct like it was made out of butter. He raises the barrel and triggers another gout of fire, this time at the weakened ceiling which burned away as if it were tissue paper. Burning debris rained down upon the flying Lantern, and an elderly woman and her dog fell along with it. They hit the ground with cries and yelps of pain and even over the roar of flame Matthew could hear the sharp crack of breaking bones.

OOC wrote:The construct needs to make a DC 24 Toughness save: Toughness (DC 24) (1d20+9=21) - no good, Heat Wave is free. He then Surges and triggers the blast again, this time at the ceiling whose Toughness is 3. He rolls to hit the inanimate object - the roll sucks but is enough for DC10, so automatic crit. The ceiling rolls Toughness against DC 29 - Toughness (1d20+3=5) - four degrees of failure! GL needs to make a DC 20 Dodge check - if he fails, he needs to make a DC 24 Toughness check and he will be pinned. If he makes the Dodge, then the Toughness check is DC 19.

The current count is still at 0 - -1 for the fire itself, -4 for Heat Wave, +1 for the firemen, +1 for Huntress' fire extinguisher, +3 for Green Lantern's Nullify effect.
Last edited by Bombaatu on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Justice League: Legacies (3e) - IC

Postby Coyotzin » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Hawkgirl
HP: 2; Condition: Heroing

Hawkgirl cursed as her eyes caught the entire scene in a single swipe. Too many things to do, and she quite remembered the lessons about priorities. Her father would have charged at the armed men, but she agreed with her aunt Dawn that he was an idiot sometimes, and so the winged warrior asked herself, "what would Dove do?"

She banked left, extending a barrel roll to take her beneath the bridge. If she was going to do this, she didn't need to dodge incoming fire.

She covered the distance easily enough, and spotted the teetering fender from below. She had no difficulty with the weight; unlike her first experiment with superheroics, now she had the strength of the Avatar of War.

Her clawed gauntlet sank in the station wagon's metal frame, securing her grip, and the speed she had already built up gave her the leverage to carry the vehicle back to safety.

"Take cover!" She shouted, beating her wings to keep herself aloft and getting ready to get the driver in the flaming truck out, hoping the cops kept the mercs preoccupied until she had time to pay them a visit.

OOC: Move by action to reach and push the SUV back and safely on the bridge.


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests