Wuxia! Issue #1 - "The Jasmine Dawn"

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Khantalas
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: In your fragmented mind, silly
Contact:

Wuxia! Issue #1 - "The Jasmine Dawn"

Postby Khantalas » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:08 am

You have been in Jasmine Dawn for sometime now and you have quickly learned that the best way to pass your days until you move on is inside Dragon's Landing. Jasmine Dawn is a small town, with a single teahouse, no access to any bodies of water or rivers, a small woodland to the north, farmlands to the south and after a day's walk, the Western Reaches to the west. Its people are not very friendly to outsiders and you can tell by their stares at you.

Regardless, the local brewmaster (whose name you have learned to be Chubby Dragon as a reference to his weight) is friendly enough and he does brew a wonderful tea for such a small place. The tea servers are also not as awkward around you, except for that young one who kept spilling some tea on the table when he was serving you (thankfully, he is no longer sent to your tables). The teahouse is at a busy hour on a quiet day, so it means there are about fifty people in the building. There are two floors and a small atrium in the middle of the place. Despite the protests of some of the elder folk, liquor is also being served in small doses.

Currently, you may have seen each other in town once or twice, but you have never talked to each other, thus you are sitting at different tables.

What do you do?
"I once had lots of friends. They gave me gifts like a word that means hope and despair at the same time and sands to season meals and a castle made out of nothing but stories. I wonder where I left them?"

User avatar
archangel2124
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Kannapolis, NC

Postby archangel2124 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:28 am

Fei-Ling

Fei-Ling is sitting off in one of the corner tables her legs are crossed as she rests on the mat. She slowly sips her tea looking over the establishment at the various gathered patrons. One man gets her attention though, I mean how could you miss the big fella. She would casualy watch Wei Su from her table pondering what the man was capable of. Sure he looked a little rotund but that does not mean he couldn't be as strong as an ox either. Finaly she would stand from her sitting positon her robes flowed like the very fire she commanded as she moved over towards him. She would politely bow to him and smile.

"Good afternoon Sir, I could not help but notice your presence here in the Dragon's Landing. What might bring you here to such a fine tea house?"

Not even waiting for an invite she would slip back down to a sitting position at the table and sip her tea as she waits for an answer.
White-Widow - Flying Solo
White Tiger IV - Mighty Marvel Mayhem!
Image

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Zhang Jingzhong

Doctor Zhang sits on the second floor near the railing. He mutters to himself as he grinds seeds and herbs in a small rock basin. He adds them to a steaming cup nearby, swirling it several times.

He calls over a servant. "Here, have the Brewmaster Dragon try this and see if it is not the best tea to flow across his pallat. Go." he shoos the servant away bearing the steeping concoction.

For the last week, Dr. Zhang has engaged in a good-natured contest with Chubby Dragon to come up with the best tea possible with local ingredients.

"And tell him should he not appreciate the subtle after hints of Jasmin and Lotus I will know he's lying; or else his tongue is blackened and dead within his mouth." the doctor calls with mirth after the cup-bearer.

Khantalas
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: In your fragmented mind, silly
Contact:

Postby Khantalas » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:19 pm

Zhang

The tea server soon comes back. "Brewmaster told me that you could have spared a bit of the lotus, and added a slight dash of fire daisy - whatever that means. Listen, yi sheng Zhang, this is a busy hour so I might be needed at other tables. Maybe you'll continue this contest face to face, if I can be excused?"
"I once had lots of friends. They gave me gifts like a word that means hope and despair at the same time and sands to season meals and a castle made out of nothing but stories. I wonder where I left them?"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Zhang Jingzhong

"Fine, fine. Go."
Zhang waves off the servant as he had already done at least a dozen times that morning.

"Too much lotus, HA!" Doctor Zhang mutters aloud, "That only proves an uneducated taste. The Nelumbo nucifera is divinity itself in neighboring lands. Even our own great scholar, Zhou Dunyi, remarked upon the flower's symbol of purity and quiet strength. Too much Lotus!" He sips from the tea cup returned by the servant thoughtfully. "Okay, perhaps a bit much. But it proves nothing." He scowls.

He starts scouring his collection of herbs and flora for fire daisy.

He had yet to best the Chubby Dragon at the man's chosen profession but was enjoying himself immensely and learning much about the local flora and their properties.

User avatar
RobinShirewood
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2192
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 4:38 am
Location: Center of the Multi-verse
Contact:

Wei Su:

Postby RobinShirewood » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Wei Su

The giant breathes a sigh of relief as he settled down at the low-legged table, a slight rumble shakes the building's frame as he sets himself down.

He had been in the town for only a few days and had already managed to gain a suitable way of repaying the tea-house keeper for food and board.... hauling firewood for the stoves and helping with some occassional heavy-lifting.

Surely a fair exhange for some tea and a cot until he figured out where to go next.
"Good afternoon Sir, I could not help but notice your presence here in the Dragon's Landing. What might bring you here to such a fine tea house?"


"Ohhhh, well..." The enormous man's voice is surprisingly soft and gentle. "Good Afternoon.... I am simply resting my tired legs, I suppose. I am surprised, though.... I did not think the locals were too eager to see some one like me in town."
"Life is a binary state. You are either alive, or you are dead. If you are one, then you don't have to concern yourself with the other"

GM - Teen Titans NEXT
Kara'Mura nar Citadel - Mass Effect: Edge of Perception

User avatar
archangel2124
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Kannapolis, NC

Postby archangel2124 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:51 am

Fei-Ling

Ling would smile softly to the large rotund gentle giant. She would sip the tea and then sit the saucer and cup down on the table. Her eyes would casually trail over his enormous build and then she would nod slowly "I'm not exactly a local I was on the way to the Imperial City to search for somethings there to help guide me on my path. Yet here is where I ended up. So obviously my path has guided me here. If I may ask if it does not seem too forward...." She blushes a deep crimson hue. "Are you going to be around here long, I could use the company of such a strong and nice individual such as yourself. I wouldn't want to attract trouble and with someone like you there to protect little me then I don't see trouble knocking." She would bat her eyes and smile deeply to him.
White-Widow - Flying Solo

White Tiger IV - Mighty Marvel Mayhem!

Image

Khantalas
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: In your fragmented mind, silly
Contact:

Postby Khantalas » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Fei Ling

Just as you finish your words, you feel the presence of three others standing right behind you and hear a rough, dry voice.

"Hey there, little girl. New to our town, eh? I was just sitting right over there, and me and my friends wanted to introduce you to our little town. No offense to your large friend here, of course, but we can be better guides than this overgrown buffoon."

"Wait, guide? I thought we were-"

The silent figure elbows his friend to interrupt him, and they all wait for your reply.
"I once had lots of friends. They gave me gifts like a word that means hope and despair at the same time and sands to season meals and a castle made out of nothing but stories. I wonder where I left them?"

User avatar
archangel2124
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Kannapolis, NC

Postby archangel2124 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Fei-Ling

Ling would look over her shoulder at the trio. She shakes her head and stands up before them. She looks all three of them over and then looks back to Wei Su. She turns back to the trio and smiles deeply. "Now you boys wouldn't be trying to coerce little ole me into going down some dark alleyway now would you?" She smirks to them and flips her hair back over her shoulder. "I wouldn't want you to get the wrong impression. Besides I don't need a tour of /your/ town, I was enjoying a nice cup of tea with my friend here. You don't want to go interrupting a Lady and her tea would you boys?" She would reach up and pet the cheek of one of them. "Now go sit back at your table, before you get into something you can't handle."
White-Widow - Flying Solo

White Tiger IV - Mighty Marvel Mayhem!

Image

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Zhang

Yi shen Zhang just shakes his head sadly as the peace of their tea seems threatened. Knowing the way of things, the medicine man starts unpacking medical supplies: bandages, poultices to stop bleeding and reduce swelling, pain reducing chewing leafs.

He sits back and waits to see who he would be plying his trade to.

User avatar
RobinShirewood
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2192
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 4:38 am
Location: Center of the Multi-verse
Contact:

Stands the Mountain

Postby RobinShirewood » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Wei Su

The giant is COMPLETELY Oblivious to the feminen charms and innuendo of Fei-Ling as she bats her eyes and smiles all so coyly.
Still his smile does widen a bit, belaying an almost childish innocence.

"The Road is free.... and there is truely little here to experience. I am no tree, with roots holding me to the landscape....but on the other hand, I have no path either.... but company on the road does so make traveling easier. But Strangers cannot travel together for long without knowing one another....so to know, I say this.

I am called Wei Su.... although some call me 'The Mountain Who Walks'..." He pauses for a moment. "I'm not really sure why... I'm a bit of the hefty side...but I guess 'The Hill that walks' doesn't quite have the same ring. Oh, I just do have to ask one question...."

As the strangers approached, Wei leaned slightly down towards Fei-Ling.... as if to keep from being overheard.

"Do you know how to cook, by chance?"
"Hey there, little girl. New to our town, eh? I was just sitting right over there, and me and my friends wanted to introduce you to our little town. No offense to your large friend here, of course, but we can be better guides than this overgrown buffoon."


"Oh, Could you?"

At first, those listening might think the bald-wanderer was being sarcastic...but the sudden lighting up of his eyes makes one wonder if the man even knows the MEANING of the word.
Then.... with a sudden heave and heft.... Wei Su stands up..... Towering over the three men with a monsterous height and girth.

WELL over 8 feet tall.....he certainly lives up to his name.

"Well, I would be happy to make use of your services..... One should defer to professionals in manners of direction. Where in town are we going?"

At this point.... Fei-Ling isn't sure if the giant is a neive fool.....or a genius of psychology.
"Life is a binary state. You are either alive, or you are dead. If you are one, then you don't have to concern yourself with the other"

GM - Teen Titans NEXT
Kara'Mura nar Citadel - Mass Effect: Edge of Perception

Khantalas
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: In your fragmented mind, silly
Contact:

Postby Khantalas » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:12 am

Wei Su

"Our offer isn't good for you, big fool. Now sit down, have your tea and let real men do the talking." Now the teahouse is completely silent except for the exchange between the trio and the duo. Even Chubby Dragon isn't laughing anymore.
"I once had lots of friends. They gave me gifts like a word that means hope and despair at the same time and sands to season meals and a castle made out of nothing but stories. I wonder where I left them?"

User avatar
RobinShirewood
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2192
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 4:38 am
Location: Center of the Multi-verse
Contact:

Ohhhhhh booyyy

Postby RobinShirewood » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:36 am

Wei Su

Wei Su tilts his head slightly.

"Am I mistaken, I was under the impression that the men were speaking with a woman....but if that is your pereference, then far be it for I to judge." Wei nods contently. "And I was So looking forward to seeing the dark ally you speak of......"

Wei doesn't step down....and shows no sign of fear....it is not certain to those around weather he simply doesn't understand the threat...or if he is just not afraid.

"But if we are on the topic of whom is speaking with whom..... The young lady was speaking with I....and you fine fellows interrupted with an offer that is no good to me. Now that is just bad for business. If it is no good to me....and the lady asks me to follow along... how can it be good for her."

"What you say makes no sense."


The giant smiles warmly..... and the question comes up.... which is more frightening...the fact that he stands so calmly against the trio of would-be thugs in ignorance...or the worry that his 'ignorance' may be anything but.
"Life is a binary state. You are either alive, or you are dead. If you are one, then you don't have to concern yourself with the other"

GM - Teen Titans NEXT
Kara'Mura nar Citadel - Mass Effect: Edge of Perception

Khantalas
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: In your fragmented mind, silly
Contact:

Postby Khantalas » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:43 am

Wei Su

Now you've angered him. "You're not very smart, are you, big boy? You're in hostile territory, vastly outnumbered and way out of your league. I suggest you leave this alone and let us speak to the lady." You have a feeling he won't let it go peacefully.

OOC: Feel free to start a fight anytime now. This one fight you can do without rolls, just to get a feeling of your characters.
"I once had lots of friends. They gave me gifts like a word that means hope and despair at the same time and sands to season meals and a castle made out of nothing but stories. I wonder where I left them?"

User avatar
RobinShirewood
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2192
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 4:38 am
Location: Center of the Multi-verse
Contact:

Now now

Postby RobinShirewood » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:52 am

Wei Su

"Now now.... " The Big man's tone is supple and kind....like a father informing an infant not to touch the fire. "Let us not do anything out of sorts..... After all....Hostility does not become a real man.....In anger, a man is a fool... so act not out of anger and threat..."

He holds his hands slighty in front of him.

"Let us....remain calm....placid....in perfect zen...." He states....and the medicine man and elementalist recognize the sudden calmness....the serene mantra.

The big man was a student of the Arts.
a moment slid by in silence....
......
.........
then another...
....
........

Without warning....the Mountan that Walks balled up one hand and brought it down with a gentle tap onto the head of the brigan on the right.

Soft to him.... a thunderous blow to the top of the skull to a normal man.

"Calm... let's not do anything rash now..... Nothing that we're going to regret."

His voice hasn't changed a bit in tone or tempo.

".... werent' there three of you a moment ago?"

((OOC: With his strength.... even money says the brigan crumples to the ground like a wet tissue.... ))
"Life is a binary state. You are either alive, or you are dead. If you are one, then you don't have to concern yourself with the other"

GM - Teen Titans NEXT
Kara'Mura nar Citadel - Mass Effect: Edge of Perception


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest